• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Koopa Questions: a Bowser Q&A Thread

B!squick

Smash Master
Bowser's flaws just really shine well on wifi. When you take being easier to hit, small hit boxes for his size, and normal move lag and times it by ten, Bowser just doesn't compare with, say, Ike, who has exceptionally large hit boxes for his size by comparison.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
In all fairness though everyone says their main is worse on wifi, I think there's a differen between playing worse on wifi, and being negatively affected by wifi mroeso than other chars.

Alot of people simply assume because they play worse their char must be moreso than other chars, not saying this is necessarily the case but I'm just throwing it out there for consideration.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Ike is **** on wifi, lol.
Yeah I've heard that before, and I know someone like ICs lose their entire metagame, but I think certain players exaggerate how bad their main does compared to other chars n wifi.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
It really depends on the character. Ganon and Wolf are almost unplayable due to lag spikes and whatnot.
Ganon is also really annoying to deal with online for me. I feel like I can never punish his stuff online and the only solution I have (when on WiFi) is to gay it up and just camp with a different character or something like that. Offline it's cool though.

With wolf...I mean, you won't get anywhere at this point but it's still hilarious to see people break their C-Stick using him haha. Using a real wolf is kinda difficult in lag though (I think, I wouldn't know, I main Bowser obv)

(((lolklawhopcamping)))

Flayl

Smash Hero
Are auto-cancelled FAirs -> fortress cross-ups unpunishable by tether grabs?

By this I mean short hop FAir into someone's shield and immediately fortress to the other side of their shield.

Thinking about doing this to Yoshi since he has a pretty terrible shield, and this would be great against characters with poor out of shield options like Link.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
When trying to attempt an air release, does holding/tapping up on the analog work in conjunction with mashing jump (X/Y)? Also, does it matter whether you have tap jump on or off?

In all fairness though everyone says their main is worse on wifi, I think there's a differen between playing worse on wifi, and being negatively affected by wifi mroeso than other chars.

Alot of people simply assume because they play worse their char must be moreso than other chars, not saying this is necessarily the case but I'm just throwing it out there for consideration.
Not our character lol

rollcario ftl

B!squick

Smash Master
I think holding up only works against DK. Not sure about up AND jump. I assume it works, though you do have two jump buttons (normally) so why not just mash them?

B!squick

Smash Master
And Snake. And Marth. And MK... I'm sure there's more. Match ups aside, it's his best though. MrEh does epic on Yoshi's Island though, lol.

B!squick

Smash Master
Snake can do some nasty things with the platforms on BF. C4 + Claymore = half of the stage being a death trap. I'd take DDD to FD myself. More likely to land an aerial Klaw without the platforms in the way. I know it's more stage to walk Bowser across, but as long as you employ a certain game breaking strategy that some people love to parrot ("lulz jst donn ghet grabed nood") that shouldn't be a problem anyway.

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
Just looking for some things to freshen up meh Koopa game.

You guys think full hop Nair has any usefulness?

I currently use Ledge hopped fairs/klaws/air dodges, Ledge jumps, and below 100% get up attack to get back from ledge. O.o and stalling. Anything I'm missing as far as Boozers ledge game?

Dtilt, where does it really fit? I'm throwing it out sorta randomly in jab mix-ups and ground grab releases. Does it belong anywhere else in my game?

Appreciate the advice, thx ahead.

B!squick

Smash Master
Just looking for some things to freshen up meh Koopa game.

You guys think full hop Nair has any usefulness?
It's probably more reliable than UAir, so yeah, use it if it works.

I currently use Ledge hopped fairs/klaws/air dodges, Ledge jumps, and below 100% get up attack to get back from ledge. O.o and stalling. Anything I'm missing as far as Boozers ledge game?
Klaw Hop off the ledge maybe. Ixis does that quite a bit. I've also seen MrEh pull off a ledge hopped AD to FTilt SEAMLESSLY. I don't know how many times I've watched it and tried to replicate it. He was on the ledge one moment and then suddenly it's a clawed fist to the face.

Dtilt, where does it really fit? I'm throwing it out sorta randomly in jab mix-ups and ground grab releases. Does it belong anywhere else in my game?

Appreciate the advice, thx ahead.
Nah, you're using it right. Like most of Bowser's move set it has too much end lag to be used at any other time, 'sides maybe the ledge.

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
I've also seen MrEh pull off a ledge hopped AD to FTilt SEAMLESSLY. I don't know how many times I've watched it and tried to replicate it. He was on the ledge one moment and then suddenly it's a clawed fist to the face.
I propose we call this new advanced technique "MrEhTilting". Or perhaps the "Ledge Ehttack"

You must tell us how you do this MrEh. I doubt it will be very useful in competitive play due to the mass amount of tech skill needed to perform it, but it's something that should be known to Bowser players worldwide.

You pretty much have all the ledge options covered LaserBurst, other than the gimmicky options like ledgehop klawhop/firebreath. Just make sure to mix it up, don't become predictable, etc etc you know

I've also been using nair a lot more in general lately, with pretty good results. It's by far the best option from above against a tornadoing MK (considering your only other options are bowser bomb and dair heh), and overall I just love the hitbox that covers his entire body.

B!squick

Smash Master
I'm gonna go find that video now actually. It's such a shame he lives in the far off land of Hawaii though. :( I could totally see him winning a tourny in Cali.

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
Yep Ive been using a lot of Nair lately looking for uses. Its been pretty well. Mostly using em out of full hops under platforms and ledge jumps.

Ledge hopped ADs eh. I dig.

Something else I just remembered..
I saw I think.. I think it was vex.. who brought my attention to klaw hopped ADs.
Any1 else tried this? I sorta don't dig the height so right now I'm just sticking to short hop ADs.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Yep Ive been using a lot of Nair lately looking for uses. Its been pretty well. Mostly using em out of full hops under platforms and ledge jumps.

Ledge hopped ADs eh. I dig.

Something else I just remembered..
I saw I think.. I think it was vex.. who brought my attention to klaw hopped ADs.
Any1 else tried this? I sorta don't dig the height so right now I'm just sticking to short hop ADs.
For one thing, FHNAir is autocancelled on the lower platforms of battlefield, lol. KHAD is extremely lulzy. Honestly I don't see any point in a KHAD unless you need to avoid an attack in the air, but if that's the case and you need to avoid an aerial attack, why would you be in the air in the first place? lol

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
I propose we call this new advanced technique "MrEhTilting". Or perhaps the "Ledge Ehttack"

You must tell us how you do this MrEh. I doubt it will be very useful in competitive play due to the mass amount of tech skill needed to perform it, but it's something that should be known to Bowser players worldwide.
It seemed no-one else picked up on the sarcasm here, either that or my sarcasm detector is broken.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Are auto-cancelled FAirs -> fortress cross-ups unpunishable by tether grabs?

By this I mean short hop FAir into someone's shield and immediately fortress to the other side of their shield.

Thinking about doing this to Yoshi since he has a pretty terrible shield, and this would be great against characters with poor out of shield options like Link.
Metagaming quote action!

Phiddlesticks is a sarcasm machine, the few times he doesn't use sarcasm I get really confused and have to ask him if he's serious hahaha.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Alright, sorry about posting it in the wrong place. Here is my question once again.

What would you say are Snake's best options for edgeguarding Bowser?

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Alright, sorry about posting it in the wrong place. Here is my question once again.

What would you say are Snake's best options for edgeguarding Bowser?
I answered in the BGD but I'm not quite sure, I said it's either BAir or NAir but I'd have to look into that. I'm not 100% sure :x

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Alright, I just posted my summary for my guide in the BGD.

Thank you for your input!

Top Bottom