• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KTAR 5 Results - 5/21/11 - 116 Entrants!!

big bad wolf

Smash Journeyman
Omg kids stop it , it is not that serious , Anti is chill in person , dabuz is chill in person , as long as they don't start fighting in real life i see no reason why this stupid debate must continue ,if this goes any further with this ******* argument someone should just close this thread

ch33s3

Smash Lord
The solution to this forfeiting nonsense is to just beat these people....

Obviously that's easier said than done, but in fairness if these people earn these spots with their skill then they can forfeit/split/etc. This is all in fairness anyway. As for the stream, everyone has seen the top players play OVER AND OVER. M2K vs Ally, and etc in this region hasn't been hype since Apex 1.

If the community is concerned about the survival of the game I would issue rules about forfeiting and underplaying but it should be left up to the tournament host and stated in the rules before the event that there are penalties if caught doing so.
Part of the reason there's no hype is because of the lack of care about winning/improving and the focus on money. Who cares who wins if they're just getting the money anyway? The Unity Ruleset has rules expressly forbidding any sort of bracket manipulation and this tourney was run under that ruleset. So the rule just wasn't enforced.

And Dabuz, it completely sucks that you got ****ed over and didn't have the fair shot at playing who you were supposed to. I wish you had won the whole thing.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
OMG, cheeses is right, in the unity ruleset, rule #5 explicitly states: "intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable by the TO."

...>___________________________________________>

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
IF M2K WAS THAT MAD then he shouldnt have played against dabuz and i mean the whole thing about "I dont want the money" is easy to say once he knows that hes won it. man set up that 4 man split and ruined dabuz's chances. what reason does dabuz have to go to another regional tourney? after seeing that lame *** ****...why would any1 go to a tourney unless they can beat all 4 of them lol

L

afk.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
He was just mad because he was scared of losing to Anti/Ally AGAIN.

Therefore he had to **** up someone else's chances. This is by no means directed at Keitaro but TOs really need to focus on punishing players who plan on rigging brackets.

Of course the players could just not try - but it's really anti-competitive.

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
Damn, this is crazy dumb. M2K should have just been out of the tournament like the rules said.

Also, I know this isn't my place but this is why I feel like smash should stick to top 3 payout at majors like SF. So it adds more hype and makes the top players aim higher to make the top 3 cut instead of just the top 8.

Thats just my 2 cents though.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Part of the reason there's no hype is because of the lack of care about winning/improving and the focus on money. Who cares who wins if they're just getting the money anyway? The Unity Ruleset has rules expressly forbidding any sort of bracket manipulation and this tourney was run under that ruleset. So the rule just wasn't enforced.

And Dabuz, it completely sucks that you got ****ed over and didn't have the fair shot at playing who you were supposed to. I wish you had won the whole thing.
OMG, cheeses is right, in the unity ruleset, rule #5 explicitly states: "intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable by the TO."

I didn't check but if this event was indeed under that ruleset then that sucks.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
WELP, Tournaments over, Money been distributed, etc.

No more *****ing gaiz :)

big bad wolf

Smash Journeyman
keitaro if m2k didn't take his money why don't you just give dabuz the money lol i'm sure that d pay for his pain and suffering lol

ch33s3

Smash Lord
WELP, Tournaments over, Money been distributed, etc.

No more *****ing gaiz :)
It's not like this is the only time it's happened. This **** is way too common, and there needs to be more *****ing until it stops.

Why wouldn't you just beat everyone (except maybe Ally, he seems to be the only one that can actually beat you now) and take more money, anyway? Full 2nd is more than a split of portions of 1-5. It's illogical, even from the awful perspective "I just play for money".

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
wait...WHAT?! so lemme understand this, he doesn't want to play anti, so instead he forfeits to fight me, then he forfeits after fighting me in order to not play ADHD?! Thats the same thing as rigging a bracket like he did at MLG DC. Such bull****!
he did that to me at pound, beat me then forfeited to ally.... maybe its cause of our main

ErikG

Smash Ace
Shoutouts:
All of NE: You guys all did great.
BC: Good ****. I'm glad you remained calm through most of (if not all of) the tourney.
Bizkit: Fun car ride, and good job
Pelca: I let you sit in the front seat.
Fatal: Good ****.
Soma: We are a horrible team.
PatG: Good job. Sorry you had to face Bizkit, your kyrptonite. It was nice meeting you; you're mad chill.
False: It was nice meeting you. I wish we could have entered doubles. Double Snake would have been silly fun.
Keitaro: Thanks for hosting. This was amazing.
Cheese: It was fun playing you. You're really a cool guy when you're not angry. It is a shame what happened in your set with DeltaCod though.
RJ: Fun playing you. I feel like I should have done better, but we'll see next time.
Nuke: Good set. Luckily for me, Diddy is one of my most practiced match ups.
Atomsk: Good job beating Fatal. I liked how surprised you were afterward.
Jband: Are you LingLing?
Everyone else: I love you.

Also, I didn't get home until 4:30 in the morning. Totally worth it.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion

that would have took out most of our top 5 lmao

M@v

Subarashii!
Mad fun tourney, also a really hard tourney. Shoutouts when I get home, on the road back to pittsburgh atm.

:phone:

NAKAT

Smash Champion
Nakat doing good work.
I did alright =/ could've been better.

damnit kingkong. it's fine. you did dece/got shafted by yoshi so i can't really say too much.

yoshi is the most heinous mu...
you did your best. <3

losing to jband is something though :/

this bracket as a whole was tough as ****..
Jband is my boy!
good **** to everybody there, hate that i had to bounce but newark nd night dont ogo good together lmao
@xking - good **** beatin me
@ish - nice *** wolf dawg keep it up ;)
@NAKAT - thanks for the encouragement, Wilbert said u were a cool *** kid TAKE ME AS AN APPRENTICE lol
@Tant - good seein u as usual ma dude
@EE -......scared of dat TL **** lol
@aposl -dat squirtle 0____0
@keitaro/rj -- GOOD **** WITH THIS, NICE MEETIN U GUYS!!!
@cheese - sorry about our tourney match.....nd our MM lol
@every1 i was suppose to MM - ........COT5 I guess lol
@chibo - i tried to get it from u but u were playin ur match -___-
@philly - thanks for the ride bruh
49.Robfox
49.M@v
49.Nasty LOL I found thta funny XD
btw i went straight fox
if im missin anybody good **** had fun
Who is Wilbert?
I literally watched this whole tournament LOL

Really well ran and good job to Dabuz, Jbandrew, Bloodcross, Nakat, etc.
Thanks Illmatic I'll do way better next time though ^_^
And to think, hes the most notable person in our community, and represents us the most atm...
Cheer up man.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
lololololololol

That's why I play dubs and don't care for singles. No super gayness ever occurs like this. From the looks of the streams and youtube, people always give it there all in dubs ;).

I'm out

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Stop ****ing crying, it's not gonna get you anywhere. Since the tournament is over.

More shoutouts. Or am I taking the focus off of something too papa cheese?

Also someone get June's money and give it to him at COT.
It's obviously too late now to anything about this event, and perhaps this isn't the right thread for it, but something's gotta be done about splitting/manipulation. I'm obviously not (usually, if ever) affected by it, but the fact that anyone is utterly absurd.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
He's trying to take the focus off the fact that he's just as guilty of manipulating the bracket and breaking the rules as everyone else.
I really don't care about that.

I left the tournament with $368, **** morals ^_^.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
You don't need a new thread, lol.

"How to Get TOs to Enforce the Rules They Put in Place"

:phone:

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
I love how the top players in this community are such good role models. They really inspire me to improve and be just like them!
I'm ****ing tired of this bull**** nonsense. You guys act as though we had everything handed to us on a silver platter or some ****. Y'all act as though we should just give everything back to everyone with no care what so ever. Guess what? It's not gonna happen, so Get over it.

In all honesty, We have absolutely no reason to care if people want to be like us or not. You're either gonna love us or hate us. At the end of the day, we make the money though.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Does anybody have vids of people timing out on rainbow cruise? It would help with determining if I should leave it in my ruleset or not

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
I'm ****ing tired of this bull**** nonsense. You guys act as though we had everything handed to us on a silver platter or some ****. Y'all act as though we should just give everything back to everyone with no care what so ever. Guess what? It's not gonna happen, so Get over it.
Word to BIG Bird, *****es.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
There is literally nothing you can do about bracket manipulation/rigging.

They made it that far - they have complete control over who they want to play / who should proceed.

The only thing you can do is ban them from future events.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Just in case the Smash community wasn't lol'd at enough. Good **** Brawl.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
rofl @ people thinking the same **** doesn't happen in SF/MvC.

rofl @ people still *****ing

rofl @ BBR-RC member not enforcing the rule on coaching or forfeiting

rofl @ EC

Top Bottom