• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KTAR 5 Results - 5/21/11 - 116 Entrants!!

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Cheese: we are trying to change things as TO's. Keitaro has the best intentions, and I highly doubt he would have let M2K play had he known it would just screw Dabuz. Do you think any TO wants to see this drama after their event? We don't. Unfortunately the ruleset has no structure to handle this event so the decision rested with Keitaro. This is something that we can quite easily address and plan for in the future (eg if you forfeit in winners you forfeit from the tournament completely). I will point out no ruleset in Brawl or Melee has ever had this rule, and typically rules like this get created following unique situations like has just been observed. Keitaro as TO could have done a broad range of things, possibly, under the "bracket manipulation" rule in Unity. And, to note, he still could do something (maybe bar M2K from his next event) or possibly he could work with another TO to get M2K barred from their next event. Etc. There are still some options. I don't know if any of it will happen, but at least with the TO's coming together there is more discourse and talk and cooperation and willingness to work together.
The BBR-RC absolutely must come together and decide that any and all bracket splitting results in a permanent ban from any tournament run by members of the BBR-RC and recommend they be banned from all tourneys.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
I THINK WE SHOULD ALL DEVISE A PLAN TO **** ON DABUZ'S LIFE ONE TOURNAMENT JUST LIKE M2K DID AT THIS ONE, THE MAN SLAVED LONG AND HARD OVER A HARD LAPTOP THINKING OF IT.

Sounds like a good idea.

NAKAT

Smash Champion
I love how the top players in this community are such good role models. They really inspire me to improve and be just like them!
Even though I agree with your obvious sarcasm I want to point out it's not all of them. Top player-Low level player either way we all have our flaws. The only thing all of us as players can do is keep getting better until we eventually reach the "top" level, and who knows maybe we can change how people view brawl and keep things like this from happening when we eventually break top 4 at tournaments =]. Just a positive outlook on things.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Blah blah blah something upset jason, he left the venue, jason came back, got told to play, afterwards left from being upset. Why is this such a big conundrum to you guys?
someone who's upset and doesn't wanna play the game doesn't come back just to time someone out in a typical homosexual m2k brawl set when he wants to win

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
People shouldnt just gang up on m2k cause exes can **** you up,you should be looking down at the other top players that ruin the competitive nature of the game by doing the under the table stuff and have the audacity to boast about it and egg people on by saying disrespectful stuff like "lol stop us then,get better" lost all respect for most of you as players

:phone:

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Even though I agree with your obvious sarcasm I want to point out it's not all of them. Top player-Low level player either way we all have our flaws. The only thing all of us as players can do is keep getting better until we eventually reach the "top" level, and who knows maybe we can change how people view brawl and keep things like this from happening when we eventually break top 4 at tournaments =]. Just a positive outlook on things.
That will happen once out of four thousand tournaments.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Ima do shout outs for the top 16 who I talked to and stuff and maybe some more later.

1: Ally ($522.00) - Thanks for making me your number 2 pick dawg lmao, always a pleasure chillin together, knew you'd win.

2: Anti ($255.20) - The diddy is offical, **** what they heard LOL. Good **** on 2nd bro, always fun talking/gettin some friendlies in, hit me up on that wifi tip

3: ADHD ($139.20) - Good job and u got some swag to you now, my mans

4: Mew2king ($92.80) - welp

5: Nairo ($46.40) - Good **** in teams and doubles, one of my fav MKs and peoples around, u crack me up

7: Junebug ($27.00) - Braid your leg hair, DO IT

7: Atomsk ($27.00) - My boy, told u I got better, just not good enough, yet. Keep playing and finish chain grabs <3

9: Logic/9: Lie - Good **** on top 10 for MD

9: Malcolm - Finally placed where you should at a national, good **** bro

13: Keitaro - Great host

13: Jbandrew - I said you were kind of the weak link on the team on commentary during doubles, I was wrong on that, fantastic player, glad u did so well

13: Jtails - hoe magnet, get 'em!

Shout outs to my amazing Car pool, NOID for driving, Pink for being Pink, typical gull and my boy Junebizzle

And to Tant for being awesome and my boy as always

Ktar 6 plz

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
someone who's upset and doesn't wanna play the game doesn't come back just to time someone out in a typical homosexual m2k brawl set when he wants to win
Welp 3+ years of knowing Jason just got blown out of the way by one mans post. GOOD JOB NAPPY CLEARLY SHOWED MY KNOWLEDGE OF JASON UP. I COMMEND THEE.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I know that it obviously wasn't true in all cases, but seriously, it's really stupid that this stuff even HAPPENS, let alone the fact that it's TOLERATED.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
wait...WHAT?! so lemme understand this, he doesn't want to play anti, so instead he forfeits to fight me, then he forfeits after fighting me in order to not play ADHD?! Thats the same thing as rigging a bracket like he did at MLG DC. Such bull****!
That's not rigging a bracket. Rigging a bracket would be M2K going up to Anti/ADHD/Ally and telling them "Hey we got this, lemme take care of x guy so we can secure top spots and take home the money". Jason didn't do that. What Jason did? Had mixed feelings on whether he wanted to play or not. He didn't say "Hey let me beat Dabus and then turn into a whiny ***** and forfeit", he was probably feeling "Well there goes MY day, **** Brawl... you know what **** it Idk if I want to play anymore".

...my statement still stands, by forfeiting, he is RIGGING THE BRACKET and not playing it out correctly. Look at what happened to how people viewed the smash community after he rigged the bracket at MLG DC, if he forfeits a match in winners, he should be forced to forfeit in losers, its bannable at MLG and i don't see why we should allow it in the smash community. When he was discovered for rigging the bracket at MLG DC, he pretty much guaranteed that there is no way for brawl to return to the circuit.

If the top players really wanted to, someone like m2k and ally could decide to let m2k advance in the bracket because he has a better chance of taking out anti while ally has a higher chance of beating ADHD in losers and then agree to meet up at GFs and take top 2 but split it. At this point, it changes from each player fighting for their own placements to prove themselves and being able to fight anyone to each player just figuring out the most effective way to let the bracket run. THESE ARE THE TOP PLAYERS WE ARE TALKING ABOUT, THE PEOPLE WHO REPRESENT THE COMMUNITY.

what if m2k/ ally/ anti/ adhd decided to forfeit a first round winners bracket match? It would completely ruin the losers bracket unfairly AND hype matches wouldn't be as likely/ often to happen. While its unlikely, would you expect people not to throw a ****-storm in this situation? Not only would losers bracket stand no chance, but that means that players easy seed winners bracket is now given to another player with no where near the same skill.

Also, people want to watch hype matches such as m2k vs. anti, thats why they go to stream, when m2k forfeits, he deprives others of watching good matches turning what is already considered a boring game to watch into an even less interesting game to watch. If he doesn't want to play, let him not enter, but if he is far in bracket about to fight anti and then forfeits, thats just a **** move for the spectators as well.

Forfeiting hurts the community, im pretty sure the brawl community is the only American that even has a noticeable problem in it, no other fighting game or shooting game communities have to deal with forfeiting and MLG outright bans it for these reason. I think the starcraft 2 community does this as well, but its more like under-the-table deals and its in Korea, so idk how exactly its done.
If someone forfeits round 1, ****ING LET HIM! WHO IN THEIR ****ING RIGHT MIND WOULD FORFEIT ROUND 1? GOD HIMSELF WOULDN'T DO THAT. Do you know how big your balls have to be... to forfeit round 1 and basically say to the world that everyone else is so free that you can afford to play multiple extra matches with the risk of being permanently out of the tournament, and still come out on top? Cmon bro.

Just make it so forfeiting forces removal from the tournament.

And if Jason wants to underplay then we need to catch it and not allow him to enter our events.

But yea that's mad annoying. And shiesty.

Or, let him do whatever he wants besides blatant bracket rigging? He can forfeit all day, or sandbag, or even try as hard as humanly possible to lose, and as long as he's not doing it to purposefully screw someone over then who gives a crap?

If Jason clearly, CLEARLY, did something specifically to fix the bracket, then fine. Punish him. But if you have this unsure BS where "Oh he forfeit after beating me, clearly he is trying to **** me over in Bracket." kind of stuff, then you can't really punish him.

Dabuz just mad because M2K washed him up.

Don't hit us with that "Also, people want to watch hype matches such as m2k vs. anti"
YO I saw you vs someone, it was ****. I TIVO'D THAT ****

He was just mad because he was scared of losing to Anti/Ally AGAIN.

Therefore he had to **** up someone else's chances. This is by no means directed at Keitaro but TOs really need to focus on punishing players who plan on rigging brackets.

Of course the players could just not try - but it's really anti-competitive.
OR JASON DIDN'T WANT TO PLAY FOR OTHER REASONS!

If a player doesn't want to try, let him be a sandbagger. If he wants to win $1000 or $20 is none of my concern unless he's picking a choice just to spite someone else.

Does anybody have vids of people timing out on rainbow cruise? It would help with determining if I should leave it in my ruleset or not
RAINBOWWWWWWWWWW

While Cheese is right, even from the top player perspective, if all you are doing is caring about money and consistently acting immature, than the only person you are hurting is yourself because in the long run less people will enter tournaments, less people will care, and your 'pot fillers' will be gone.

Also, this stuff does happen in other games, and these things can be enforced quite easily.

Just a few weeks ago Justin Wong got penalized by EVO for intentionally losing a match: http://bit.ly/ml0zW6 - he tries to argue the "I was trying" card, but they watched the footage and made the decision. If he does it one more time he will be barred from entering EVO this year.

And how fast have people forgotten that MLG just recently barred M2K and ADHD from a shot at $12,500. This behavior (or similar behavior) did contribute to the loss of a company that put $70,000 in these same top players pockets.

Dabuz pretty clearly got screwed. To deny this is just acting immature.

If only all the top guys could be like Gnes.
He got screwed in that no matter who came from winners side to play him, he was going to get a top player in the world. Now if he's upset that M2K quit after playing him, sure. He GETS to be upset. He has every right to yell profanities and throw chairs at this point. But, Jason didn't deliberately conspire against Dabuz, or anyone else, WITH anyone else, to **** someone over in bracket.

OKAY GUYS WE WONT SPLiT ANYMORE.

SOWWY!
SPLIT WITH ME *****! TEAMS IT'S GOIN DOOOOWN

milesg2g

Smash Champion
People shouldnt just gang up on m2k cause exes can **** you up,you should be looking down at the other top players that ruin the competitive nature of the game by doing the under the table stuff and have the audacity to boast about it and egg people on by saying disrespectful stuff like "lol stop us then,get better" lost all respect for most of you as players

Yo son got on his phone w/ da real talk? lol

This **** is life lmao

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero

Someone has to play devils advocate. I'm bored so why not xD

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yo gurl working under the table too I see.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
If someone forfeits round 1, ****ING LET HIM! WHO IN THEIR ****ING RIGHT MIND WOULD FORFEIT ROUND 1? GOD HIMSELF WOULDN'T DO THAT. Do you know how big your balls have to be... to forfeit round 1 and basically say to the world that everyone else is so free that you can afford to play multiple extra matches with the risk of being permanently out of the tournament, and still come out on top? Cmon bro.
Pound 3.

NAKAT

Smash Champion
I know that it obviously wasn't true in all cases, but seriously, it's really stupid that this stuff even HAPPENS, let alone the fact that it's TOLERATED.
You are definitely right, but there is little that can actually be done to prevent it sadly. Which is why I will just look at this as a reason to get better so I can stop it from happening if I make it that far in bracket. A lot of players around our level are getting really good fast so it's only a matter of time =]. Complaining and being upset about the whole thing won't get anyone anywhere. It's all been said and done, there is no changing anything anymore. Keitaro did a good job at running this tournament and from what I saw almost everyone had a really good time. I am sure he wished none of this drama broke out after the tournament =l

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Can you guys stop derailing the thread, i'd like to actually hear what people say about the tournament itself.

And LMAO @ DMG, who was it?

1: Ally ($522.00) - Getting warmer and warmer ^_^ PKMN 1 was the most bull**** that ever happened to me in tournament
2: Anti ($255.20) - ^_^ Major profit.
3: ADHD ($139.20) - Our plan will work next tournament :D
4: Mew2king ($92.80) - Dont let all these idiots in the thread bother you, hopefully you recover soon.
5: Dabuz ($46.40) - Nothing to say to you right now.
5: Nairo ($46.40) - LOL You little *****, i got you in those doubles last hits twicee ^_^
7: Junebug ($27.00) - My indian brotha, Good ****ing **** vs Ally, hype *** set.
7: Atomsk ($27.00) - Talking to you throughout the day was fun times, Them IC's are so annoying lmao. Good **** getting 7th when you barely play.
9: Bizkit - Good **** beating Fatal broseiden. :)
9: Logic - LOL *Me giving Jband tips vs Olimar* *logic comes up to me* HEY ANTI YOU KNOW YOUR MY FAVORITE MK RIGHT? LOLOLOLOL
9: Lie - Lmao that money match was bull****, i was winning them we had to stop, dont worry ill rematch it soon.
9: Malcolm - You're funnyness is up there with Wes/DM/Problem, always fun to be around man. You're getting the diddy bro.
13: Keitaro - Keit was bodying ******z at his own tournament, i was watching your set with June bruh, **** was upsetting *the sd* but gj.
13: Jbandrew - You vs ADHD was hype after game 1, idk what happened games 2/3 but gj buddy.
13: Jtails - That set in doubles had me scared (Game 1) you and Pwii did some good ****, and you will beat M2K soon enough, your mindset i srape.
13: Holy Nightmare - Suck that you had to play your brother in winners, i actually predicted me vs you but it didn't happen. lol oh well good ****.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
And you know what? For that day, he was captain Badass. Risking it all so early. Now, did he forfeit Round 1 specifically to **** over Dabuz Junior? I doubt so. In that case, let the man have the peepee the size of a watermelon, and let him forfeit round 1.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
and top players, why don't you just not tell the public your splitting and put on the show, its really not that hard to go your main and have a "serious set"
While not a bad idea, you have to remember who youre talking to. Right now the same (specific) top players are pointlessly arguing their case to a large community thats (rightfully) calling BS. Eventually theyre going to argue their way into being banned and reducing the tournament attendance they rely on for money.

I also think these same top players are underestimating the attendees and TOs ability to punish them for such actions. It would be rather easy, for the moment theyre just lucky no ones taken the initiative to do so yet.

Jem.

Smash Master
Mango pretty much forfeited round 1 (or silent wolfs link is amazing, you pick) at Pound 3 and won the tournament.

i think splitting and forfeiting is lame, and does hurt the community. I closed the stream as soon as I heard the top 3-4 or whoever it was were all splitting, theres no point. even if they play their mains (which I dont think they did?) its not the same as trying without the split being there, anyone who has split or spectated can tell you that. it stinks that players are either afraid to lose, or don't care and want the guaranteed extra $50-$100 instead of going for the extra $300+ they could get if they won. but smash seems to be a game where people don't care about being the best anymore, which is a shame and will hurt the community. Call me crazy, but I liked watching winners finals with anti and ally MK ditto where it looked like no talks of split have happened yet, that was an awesome set. Watching them mess around later? Not fun. It's a shame at a big tournament that the matches that are supposed to be the most hype are the least hyped. Total buzzkill to a tournament.

napZzz

Smash Hero
if *****s are gonna forfeit you should at least play it out and just throw the match, if you're good enough it shouldn't be hard to do it without being obvious

but then again, they wanna be able to say they "forfeited" so they dont have to deal with hearing about a loss/have it put on their record

zzzzzzzzzzz

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
What is there to call BS about? Jason played some, and quit some. Did he do it intentionally just to **** someone over? Nope. Well then gentlemen, it was a close call but I believe this is a GG.

Splitting as well shouldn't be a problem. I can understand the arguments against public splitting, I get that. There are some points against splitting.

SHOUTOUTS

Ally: I'm coming to Canada with bags of rice and fritos. Meet me halfway

M2K: KEEP ON KEEPIN ON

Anti: Yo you sound kinda white on Smashboards

ADHD: I KNEW YOU WERE GAY! SURPRISE SURPRISE RIGHT IN THE EYES!

Atomsk: Yo I thought you retired

Vex: I KNOW YOU RETIRED YOU *****

Vinnie: Play IC's more. I'm telling you, they have a future in the game compared to G&W

Malcolm: GOOOOOOOD **** bro. Much love. Didn't see all of your set with Junebug, but heard it was close. Hopefully it was recorded, I wanna go over that MU with you sometime.

Dabuz: Would you like some Human with your Salt?

Everyone else: GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
I'm not trying to personally attack jason here. It's just that he is the current example lol.

Hypothetical situation.

adhd vs atomsk in winners finals

malcolm is waiting in losers for the loser.

atomsk goes ganon on adhd because he know he has a greater chance to beat malcolm than adhd does.

atomsk gets sent to losers beats malcolm then proceeds to split with adhd.

^This kind of stuff.

inui that was messed up btw lol

u say ur his friend y

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
I'm not trying to personally attack jason here. It's just that he is the current example lol.

Hypothetical situation.

adhd vs atomsk in winners finals

malcolm is waiting in losers for the loser.

atomsk goes ganon on adhd because he know he has a greater chance to beat malcolm than adhd does.

atomsk gets sent to losers beats malcolm then proceeds to split with adhd.

^This kind of stuff.

inui that was messed up btw lol

u say ur his friend y
The difference with this scenario is

A) I'm not the person to do this **** lol aka **** someone over purposely.
B) MY GANON WOULD BODY WYATT
C) IF ANYONE of the top players from our region ever agreed to split, it was if they both made it back up to each other playing the tournament normally. We never tried to **** people over intentionally.

That "C" goes for people like ANTI, Wyatt, Nairo and I at the very least from NY/NJ. I dunno about others.

IDC if you guys want to believe "C" or not, that's what we'd do.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Look all of this could've been avoided if the proper people put the g2g tag at the end of their name. Look @ KT he was completely out of the Money because of it. Get on it guys like wtf Jersey?

Judo777

Smash Master
Hey ADHD used MK in this tourney it should be listed (though it was a troll match, no johns tho). That way we can see the sea of MK's in top 8. 6 out of 8 in top 8 and 12 out of 24 in top 24. Wooo hooooo go Metaknight!

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Also btw I always would get ****ed over and lose in LFs when we agreed to split if I made it to GFs lol.

:(

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
That's not rigging a bracket. Rigging a bracket would be M2K going up to Anti/ADHD/Ally and telling them "Hey we got this, lemme take care of x guy so we can secure top spots and take home the money". Jason didn't do that. What Jason did? Had mixed feelings on whether he wanted to play or not. He didn't say "Hey let me beat Dabus and then turn into a whiny ***** and forfeit", he was probably feeling "Well there goes MY day, **** Brawl... you know what **** it Idk if I want to play anymore".

Someone rigs a bracket based on their ACTIONS, not on their MOTIVATIONS! You can get sued the same for purposefully hurting someone or hurting someone on accident, because the result is still the same regardless of motivation. The same applies to just about anything and everything.

BUT DID HE PLAY EXTRA MATCHES?! NO, HE DID NOT, HE STOPPED PLAYING RIGHT AFTER ME! Being arrogant and cocky is extremely different from changing brackets, if arrogance mattered, then people would be pissed when anti goes ****ing ZSS in GFs. Even so, you know how many players would not want to go to tournaments with these same players if these players really ruined the bracket that much by going into loser's purposefully.

Or, let him do whatever he wants besides blatant bracket rigging? He can forfeit all day, or sandbag, or even try as hard as humanly possible to lose, and as long as he's not doing it to purposefully screw someone over then who gives a crap?

If Jason clearly, CLEARLY, did something specifically to fix the bracket, then fine. Punish him. But if you have this unsure BS where "Oh he forfeit after beating me, clearly he is trying to **** me over in Bracket." kind of stuff, then you can't really punish him.

Well, he HAS to be punished for this somehow since its blatantly obvious. Honestly, its very obvious a good amount of time when players are splitting or sandbagging hard, look at adhd vs. m2k at MLG DC, everyone said they were not playing as if they were trying, and it ended up being that m2k purposefully lost. WELP!

OR JASON DIDN'T WANT TO PLAY FOR OTHER REASONS!

we all go through life ****, i had to deal with life **** at the tourney today as well, but does that give the right to **** other people because for some reason, he does not fully want to play. You can't go to work then leave 4 hours before your shift is over because of some stupid reason not related to work without expecting reasonable punishment, maybe even getting fired, just because m2k is a top player, he does not get that privilege.

If a player doesn't want to try, let him be a sandbagger. If he wants to win $1000 or $20 is none of my concern unless he's picking a choice just to spite someone else.of course its not your concern, its a concern to the people in the bracket and spectating that matches.

He got screwed in that no matter who came from winners side to play him, he was going to get a top player in the world. Now if he's upset that M2K quit after playing him, sure. He GETS to be upset. He has every right to yell profanities and throw chairs at this point. But, Jason didn't deliberately conspire against Dabuz, or anyone else, WITH anyone else, to **** someone over in bracket.

Yes, i would get a top player no matter what, but im ready to fight any top player, even m2k i was ready to fight, IDC that i get that, im actually happy i do and have the chance to prove myself and get better. I was no where near screwed since i have a chance against anyone i fight. But he just forfeits after beating me, on purpose or not, there are so many bad and enraging things about that
responses in this color

Top Bottom