• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KTAR 6 - Road To Apex - BRING SETUPS!! FL/MD/VA/NJ/NY/MA/PA/WV/CT/DE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
ALRIGHT!! The only train ticket left for Saturday is from 6:05am to 6:45am. So we can wait at the train station for some time no worries.

What time could you have someone pick us up!?
You sure you got the right train? NJT runs every like...half hour to 45 minutes.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
ah yes, its good to know our MM will be like minimum wage :laugh:
stay free and you suck.

Honestly to everyone. My goal is to come here, hang out, be hype with people and have fun. Also gonna attempt to get my revenge matches with GIMR and Gunblade. Not gonna be mean to anyone unless they start it. And joking trash talk doesn't count. Let's all just have fun and be hype!
this sounds like you know ur gunna place like **** lmfaoo. "attempt to get my revenge matches with gunblade" stay free cuz u suck aswell ahahha

making $5 MM list
---------------------

find me spikey hair purple mlg shirt and ask me im bringing a weeks paycheck to this even lmao

please mm me, im trying to sign up for doubles aswell.......this is ikon......or agent cody banks

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
If they try to use your tv for anything besides brawl let me know Nasty.

@ Chibo: People should be arriving after 7 pm. If you personally would like to come earlier let me know cause I should be there from 2ish. Address is 315 Davidson Ave, Somerset NJ.
ALRIGHT!! The only train ticket left for Saturday is from 6:05am to 6:45am. So we can wait at the train station for some time no worries.

What time could you have someone pick us up!?
What train station will you be at? I might be able to get you guys around 8 am if you go to the New Brunswick train station.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
Ummm I have a friend who's really interested in going to this but can't take public transportation. He lives in Dover...is anyone around that area willing to pick him up or add him into ur carpool? It would be his first offline tourney and he's really excited but has no way to get here. Please someone help my boi JesusOwns out.

AIM me if u can halp: ThatDudeMalcolm

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
Ummm I have a friend who's really interested in going to this but can't take public transportation. He lives in Dover...is anyone around that area willing to pick him up or add him into ur carpool? It would be his first offline tourney and he's really excited but has no way to get here. Please someone help my boi JesusOwns out.

AIM me if u can halp: ThatDudeMalcolm
You're talking about Dover, Delaware right? There is this guy on aib named -Porky the Penguin-. You could try asking him I guess.

My mom said that she would think about it, so just in case, Keitaro you can go ahead and put me on the hotel list.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
If they try to use your tv for anything besides brawl let me know Nasty.

@ Chibo: People should be arriving after 7 pm. If you personally would like to come earlier let me know cause I should be there from 2ish. Address is 315 Davidson Ave, Somerset NJ.
What train station will you be at? I might be able to get you guys around 8 am if you go to the New Brunswick train station.
Here is the info copy and pasted. It's the only one that will appear. I'll be at the New Brunswick station just like where u told me to go.

181 Northeast Regional

Departs: 6:05 AM
Mon Aug 15 2011
New York, NY - Penn Station (NYP)
Arrives: 6:45 AM
Mon Aug 15 2011
New Brunswick, NJ (NBK)
Duration: 0 hr, 40 min
Amenities
[Snack car] [Quiet car]

Thanks man. U mind messaging me yer cell?

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
I think I'll come to this, mostly to hang out / play a lot!

imma watch the **** out of Brawl top 8. you guys better make a good show, I mean you m2k

>)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
please mm me, im trying to sign up for doubles aswell.......this is ikon......or agent cody banks
You must think you some hot s***
how bout you money match me and we see if you can back up all the junk you talk and beat somebody who hasnt played this game since pound.

Zucco that's cause brandon sucks tbh, but squall and 4 other pa players only use the ps3 joystick, if anybody use the fight pad or whatever just play it on Ps3. We all want to enter Marvel, but if its only on Xbox only one of us "phillyrider" will be playing marvel. It should be on both systems to be fair.
I mean.... there was no rebuttal to this.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
You must think you some hot s***
how bout you money match me and we see if you can back up all the junk you talk and beat somebody who hasnt played this game since pound.

I mean.... there was no rebuttal to this.
ummmm ok? free money? lmfaooo so random. please look for me......good looking guy with rainbow sweatband......also looks like freddy benson.

ur going to feel so dumb after i s*** on you.

ps, i am hot s***.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I hope everyone has a good time. First big RTA event and I expect nothing but the best from everyone.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Hope Florida gets bodied at this since nobody gave me props for my out of state endeavors :)

edit:Except my ***** Keith. He goes hard in the brostatus.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Aight, I think I'ma come early then. Not that early though, I don't normally wake up till late. But yea, I have nothing to do tomorrow.

Takes me 2 hours to get there so I figure like, idk 6pm. So I guess not that much earlier lol. That's if I wake up at like 3pm.

Or maybe I'll just stay up all night. I didn't wake up today until 6pm lol

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
shoot I just realized that ticket is scheduled for Monday. This is weird. I hope the train runs on the weekends.

Wow! Just checked. The train does not run on the weekends from NYC to NJ. That is so lame.
Dang maybe we can catch the bus or something. I gotta figure something out.

Keitaro

Sounds good Chibo. I'll update people with the hotel room numbers through text when I get them.

@ Hotel people: Please PLEASE don't walk up the the front desk going "where the drinking and smashing at?" Walk past the front desk and up the elevator and either text me or go the the hotel room if you know it.

@ Mekos: I'm pretty sure trains run from NYC to NJ everyday. You should check again or ask someone. I suck at public trans but I'm sure trains run to NJ on weekends.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Yeah I'm checking it out now. It's weird. I even looked at what people said on yahoo lol.

It \only runs from NYC to NJ at around 6:05am to 6:45am once every weekday.
That's it. Here is the website. This is fustrating. Like no public transportation wants to go to New Jersey. Greyhound, Chinabus, nothing heads there.

http://tickets.amtrak.com/itd/amtrak

Omari

Smash Journeyman
Mekos: You're in NY now? Trains usually run from NY to NJ hourly. Go to Penn Station (near Madison Square Garden) you'd wanna ask for the NJ transit people. I'll be going tomorrow afternoon so if you're really unsure you can hit me up. xD chill out, don't panic...

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Mekos: You're in NY now? Trains usually run from NY to NJ hourly. Go to Penn Station (near Madison Square Garden) you'd wanna ask for the NJ transit people. I'll be going tomorrow afternoon so if you're really unsure you can hit me up.
Thanks man. That is what I will do. Can you message me your cell?
I am in NY now. I am at Columbia University.

If worse comes to worse I will do just that and hope for the best. I'll also call them tomorrow.

Zucco

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rJrQJloae8

watch the very first second. Wolfkrone is clearly using a pad. I think you mean that Bluetooth capable pads were banned(PS3 controllers)
well yeah I should have said a majority of pad players couldnt play at evo. Not everyone was willing to buy some converter last minute. Ether ended up switching to stick a few weeks before evo because of this.

edit aimed @ MIB: I understand that people only play on ps3, but it would still cause problems if KTAR ran both systems. squall vs random 360 pad player in grand finals, what happens? Not really fair to one of the players in grand finals if the opposite console is picked, and while you can say its unfair for you guys coming from PA that you cant even enter, at least you are away of the situation beforehand so that you can decide if you want to take the risk or not. Im sure someone will bring a ps3 marvel set up anyway, so if you really dont want to enter the tourney you could always just money match people. ill money match on ps3, if someone brings a decent stick for it.

Aposl

Smash Ace
ummmm ok? free money? lmfaooo so random. please look for me......good looking guy with rainbow sweatband......also looks like freddy benson.

ur going to feel so dumb after i s*** on you.

ps, i am hot s***.
Is this the Ikon I mm at the last Ktar, I am the pokemon trainer you lost too if yes, :cool:

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
Keitaro, would it be ok if I arrived at the hotel at like 6pm and just waited in the lobby for like an hour? Could you also please pm me your number so I can text you when I arrive?

Would someone also drive me to the venue from the hotel for the tournament please?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
well yeah I should have said a majority of pad players couldnt play at evo. Not everyone was willing to buy some converter last minute. Ether ended up switching to stick a few weeks before evo because of this.

edit aimed @ MIB: I understand that people only play on ps3, but it would still cause problems if KTAR ran both systems. squall vs random 360 pad player in grand finals, what happens? Not really fair to one of the players in grand finals if the opposite console is picked, and while you can say its unfair for you guys coming from PA that you cant even enter, at least you are away of the situation beforehand so that you can decide if you want to take the risk or not. Im sure someone will bring a ps3 marvel set up anyway, so if you really dont want to enter the tourney you could always just money match people. ill money match on ps3, if someone brings a decent stick for it.
*Wolf Voice*

Ill be the one....

To take you down!!
Is this the Ikon I mm at the last Ktar, I am the pokemon trainer you lost too if yes, :cool:
WORD IKON?!
LOSIN TO APOSL?!

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Would someone also drive me to the venue from the hotel for the tournament please?
I think I can do this if you dont find anyone else.

Also, Keit, can you put your number up again pls?

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
how are people going from the hotel to the venue lmao. ill see if i can start a carpool

Keitaro

@ Seph: Yeah I may need you to help bring people to the venue.

@ Brawlin: You can come to the hotel at that time and chill in the lobby. If I'm at the hotel at that time ill let your and bro into one of the rooms.

Also my number is 908-380-3506

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
and instead of spending 10 dollars on a tournament that you wont win, you can just take 5 of that, and play me in a real mans first to five set. cus best of 3 in marvel is stupid and pointless.

Honest question, what purpose does running any of these tourneys on 360 accomplish? aside from thinning out the competition due to less people entering to play on controller? the only person ive seen endorse xbox in this thread is ksizzle, and he said he can play on either. kinda seems a bit shifty to me...
im game for a mm!

also reason ill play on ps3 also is : i suck on ps3 pad cuz i use the joystick instead of dpad so im fine with on 360. but ps3s joystick is weird so i just got a 3rd party ps3 control that looks and feels like a 360 conroller. i bring both to tourneys just in case which system is being played

Oh i was actually talking about Dover, New Jersey. Someone hasssss to be around this man cmonnnn.
shut up malcolm

excited for this event, kinda. more marvel and doubles than singles. looking forward to playing m2k or ally in singles tho :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom