• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

L-Town Throw Down @ de Lux Lounge

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
You guys should have something in July, like a bi-weekly or something so I can practice for...uh...........................

Say, uh, what tournament is even in July that I would go to? Is Netwars really the closet major brawl tournament in the KS/IA/MO/NE area?

Also, I like how you stole my ruleset idea, except Jerk=douchebag.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
well, I'd probably bring people unless I went with my dad when he has to go to KS, which happens semi-often.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
lol, Sunday is the only day I for sure have to work

Edit: Thugz's birthday is the weekend of the 30th, he wants to have something then in Nebraska, only reason we aren't having a tournament then is Anime Iowa so no one would come to it from there, but I mean, that wasn't much different than Trent's tournament last time.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Bumping this for two reasons:

1. I got a new job today (assuming I pass the criminal background check so cross your fingers everyone) so I'll be pushing back the start times slightly to account for that. You'll probably not want to show up before 1:30, and the tourney will start at 2:30.

2. The side event for the inaugural will be Random Character and Level Doubles or Singles depending on how many people enter

If you're coming from out of state, please let me know now so I can figure out housing and get a head count. My goal is to get between 12-24 people :)

Fragger

Smash Journeyman
Now I should be good for the 6th. I just have to get a ride there. At worst I'll just bike there, but hopefully someone can get me a ride. If anyone's trip to his apartment comes close to the 4-H fair/humane society area, a ride would be glady appreciated. That area is on harper right of 23rd. PM if you can. Many thanks if you can.

DeLux

yes this is happening.

We'll have a tournament if we have 8 people

If it's less, it'll be a glorified smashfest

Update: I've gotten confirmation from 4 new people so far. Plus me. Maybe a couple more I haven't heard back from yet

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I probably have to work next saturday :( but I may not.

fyi I don't have a choice if I work or not, I haven't had to work a saturday in 2011 yet.

If I have to work and people are willing to come play me in brawl (which is like the planets aligning) you shouldn't be upset because it means I'll be getting better. I'm good at Melee now, but my brawl is about the same. You should want me to improve, so smile!

DeLux

Just so everyone knows, this tourney we'll be doing $3 venue and $5 entry for singles / $10 per team of doubles / $2 for the random side event. So if you want to play in everything, bring $15

I have a count of 9-11 people saying they are coming. 12 if MJG throws down. And maybe Danny later that night. Stealth Raptor, you should come because one of the new guys wants to see you play pikachu :)

Cook

Smash Master
Since I'll be passing through KC on my way to Omaha on this day it would be cool if I could stop by and play some friendlies for a little while. Would that be cool, or are all the setups gonna be taken up by the tournament?

Cook

Smash Master
Actually, are you guys housing people tomorrow night? Because what would be even better is if I could just chill with you guys tomorrow night and play games, then head to NE on Saturday morning!

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
^Rob likes this idea, I'm pretty upset I can't go to anything this weekend and I need to actually play brawl before I go OOS again.

DeLux

A few things

1. We have 5 TV's but only 2 Wii's at the apartment. Please bring Wii's, but we won't need a tv unless someone brings something larger than 20". Pease let me know if you are bringing any equipment.

2. Collin says people can come before 2pm since he'll be at the apartment before I will. We will be opening doors at 1230 for registration and friendlies, with the tourney starting at 130.

3. As an incentive to try to get new people to play, if you bring a new player for their first tournament, I will waive your and their venue fees. They must be new players though since the goal is to expand our scene. If you are new and are coming by yourself, your fee will also be waived.

4. Cook, there should be a tv available for a friendly or two so if you want to stop by you're more than welcome.

:phone:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Actually, are you guys housing people tomorrow night? Because what would be even better is if I could just chill with you guys tomorrow night and play games, then head to NE on Saturday morning!
this is the one

DeLux

Both Collin and I work Saturday morning and have a sponsorship meeting tomorrow night, so housing Friday is probably a no go, unless Fino says differently

THuGz

Smash Lord
Cook should just go to KC so Rob can come to this with me and Trent and make our car ride super cheap and we can have a NE tourney. Unless there's another reason Rob can't come (you should be able to just come after work).

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I work til noon so it wouldn't be until like 1 before I'd get to Lincoln and then like 3 hours to Lawrence, so 4.

Fragger

Smash Journeyman
3. As an incentive to try to get new people to play, if you bring a new player for their first tournament, I will waive your and their venue fees. They must be new players though since the goal is to expand our scene. If you are new and are coming by yourself, your fee will also be waived.

Does this apply to me?

Trathog

Smash Rookie
Will all of these tourneys start at 1:30, because I have to walk my sisters dog around that time every Saturday, and I might not be able to come to them unless they change day, or change time.

DeLux

@Rob: I don't know if I can hold the tourney until 4 man =/ Let me talk to Fino and see what we can do

@Josh: This applies to you =]

@Trat: They will all usually start at 2pm every weekend. Does that help?

THuGz

Smash Lord
Anyone who is going to this tourney and isn't Lux/Fino/Trent/Leroy: I'll money match you. Please

THuGz

Smash Lord
I texted lux last night. Basically Trent never officially said he was gonna go and then bailed on Friday, and then Leroy was like oh no too expensive, and I was like well I can't go by myself...

DeLux

GGS to everyone that came. I feel like our apartment setup is going to work great, because we had 3 setups in the main room VERY comfortably, and we still have room for two more in the side room. Since we opted to not have a tournament, there wont' be a results thread for obvious reasons.

We had seven attendees:
Trathog - I hope the new controller works for you
Fragger - change your name to Flow. Use more Zair to zone
Dnyce
DeLux
EvoRevo - Sorry you had to leave so early :(
Bugexe - Pit is broken. Let me know when you want to pick up that TV/Wii
Stealth Raptor at the end of the night - That free pizza and boys blowin up your phone

Essentially we went from an expected 12-14 to 6 actually coming over night. We'll be on for the weekend of the 20th.

I'm going to make it a standing policy that if we don't have 8 people to form a bracket, we'll just make it a glorified smashfest.

Top Bottom