• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LasT Smash 3 - 5/30 - (Final pools- check 2nd post!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
I'm going to look into this as the date draws near. Next OOS i go to will be Apex, but I think i should be able to make this after as no schools=more OOS.

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
Idk what you think Randall, but what about possibly making a Facebook account for this tourney? I think we could maybe draw people together there too who might not see stuff here... Really that isn't many. You know what, I think I just want that pic Ricky B. made to go on facebook. Rofl. XD But seriously, some people could wanna see it maybe or something. I'm ranting. I think I'm hungry.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Ill be there.
Please preregister in the format that everyone else has used. I know that I could fill out the info myself, since I know you, but I'd like to try and let people see it being used so that they follow suit. This will help me spot other pre-regs more easily and not miss them. I think it'll really help me in the long run, even if it sounds kinda silly right now.

I'm going to look into this as the date draws near. Next OOS i go to will be Apex, but I think i should be able to make this after as no schools=more OOS.
That would be awesome. Best of La. + Best of Fla. + Best of Tx. + maybe best of Al./Ok. would be epic. I can hear crews calling out to us.

Idk what you think Randall, but what about possibly making a Facebook account for this tourney? I think we could maybe draw people together there too who might not see stuff here... Really that isn't many. You know what, I think I just want that pic Ricky B. made to go on facebook. Rofl. XD But seriously, some people could wanna see it maybe or something. I'm ranting. I think I'm hungry.
Facebook will probably happen. It can get people who don't really do smashboards/ AiB. I'll probably stop being lazy at some point and put this in Tournament Listings and on Facebook at the same time.

we need tally to come to this
They're looking at it. I know B_AWAL and KBM have expressed interest.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Name: Nick Gary
Nickname: Awal
Area: Tallahassee FL
Equipment : Wii+Brawl+Powerstrip

So far,

Me, DBS and JSSN are down to come to this unless it's on the same day as Gigs(Actually we might just skip Gigs) But for right now just put me down. I'm pretty sure that if DBS and I come well bring @ least 4 other people(Fluxx'ed Up will be trying to come in full numbers tho(Thats our crew name ;-)))

I kno KBM is prob gonna wanna come so we shall see about how he and team Juke feels about comin(His crew)

Any1 outside of Tally I'm not 2 sure about but I'll look into it!!!

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
I really think it'll be worth skipping Gigs for this. First off, if you thought any of us who went to Pensacola were cool, then you'll love everyone else here. Secondly, there will be people from west of La. at this. How often will have you have a chance to play against them? Finally, Gigs will happen a month later, while it'll be a good bit before Louisiana does something big again.

Anyways, we'll definitely have to get some more games in at this. I don't really have much Sonic practice.

Lizard

Smash Ace
If I can make it (i'm a Fluxx'd member), i can give you some good ness matches too :)

Me and B_Awal repping the low tier :)

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Oh yeah Randal I wanted to ask. You think you may need some recording equipment for LasT Smash 3? It seems I will be getting my sis's current laptop(which isnt that bad I might add) and if I have enough money at the time, I will buy some recording equipment to go with it. I asked my sis when her new laptop would be coming in and she said it would be about a month or so, so maybe by late april early may I will get my hands on it. seeing as my sis is getting this laptop through the government, of course it is unknown when or howlong it will take to get it. Though if I'm able to get the laptop and the wiring for recording, I will be more than happy to share my laptop and have it hooked up to a TV or something and have some matches recorded. And even for future GWM's I'll bring it too.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Bomber, recording is always welcome. Who doesn't like videos?

Lee, I understand. I live with my parents, too, haha.

D

Deleted member

So, if you really want a Melee tournament, host your own.
i feel like this was a pretty pretentious statement.
i left the melee scene for a year and you took over my venue. you've been hosting tourneys since. now a days, theres not enough people that would attend a melee tourney to rent out an individual venue, so unless you plan on giving us any side tourney attention, there wont be one. this saddens me, but oh well. i was mostly upset by your comment.

have fun.

no one can stay at our house due to the fact that we wont live in our apartment anymore by this date. but even if we did still lived here, no one could stay. lol

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, the melee scene is basically dead in LA. No one plays anymore besides me and taylor sometimes. LOL.

But you should def host a side event for melee, i mean, have you ever heard of power strips?

Ill probably be there btw.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry if my comment offended, it's just that LasT 3 isn't having a Melee tournament.

I don't want to deal with people entering both and slowing things down. If this gets as big as I'm hoping, then we'll need the space and power. We're not limited by outlets, more by the actual power that the outlets can supply.

I'm not opposed to having it as a side event when there's time and space, but I don't think there will be either at LasT 3. Melee isn't really my game anymore, so I'm not going to go out of my way to host a tournament for it. Until it's convenient for both it and Brawl to run together at one of my events, then the La. Melee scene is left to it's own in hosting tourneys.

If there isn't enough support to rent a venue, then everyone could fit somewhere like GameLAN (might be free), Gameware, or your apartment.

If anyone wants to talk about getting the Brawl and Melee scenes to work together or something like that, PM me. I'd like to keep that discussion from happening in here, thanks!

Freddy, once you decide for sure, you'll need to preregister. I want to keep it consistent and whatnot so I don't miss anyone.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Are you talking about the GameLan on perkins? I've never been in there before, dont even know how big it is lol. But I hope we get enough, Lazer Tag was great last time.

Sudai

Stuff here
RickyB, be honest with me. Did you just invert the first one then add the light green stuff to make the second one? lol

Or did you add something that inverts to that color first -then- invert? :p

Either way, I love the first one still, the second one looks kind of homo. But all in all, neither really has a thing to do with Smash so people prolly won't relate it with a tourney? lol.

RickyB

Smash Cadet
RickyB, be honest with me. Did you just invert the first one then add the light green stuff to make the second one? lol

Or did you add something that inverts to that color first -then- invert? :p

Either way, I love the first one still, the second one looks kind of homo. But all in all, neither really has a thing to do with Smash so people prolly won't relate it with a tourney? lol.
inverted the second one then added blue under it, homo? yeah guess your right. never made a tourney sig before so i was just looking at other peoples... a lot of them don't have dates or locations so i don't really know what to put on it... also when i upload them on tinypic then post them here they look pixelated and ****y.

r0ni

Smash Cadet
Name: Roni Comeaux
Nickname: r0ni
Area: Houma, LA
Equipment (if any): my d.....>.>

Link Eiyu

Smash Rookie
My crew asked me to register them along with myself, since they don't have accounts here yet.

Looking forward to this one.

-----------------------------------
LasT 3 Preregistration

Name: Chris N.
Nickname: Link Eiyu
Area: Zachary, Louisiana
Equipment (if any): Wii/Brawl, Powerstrip. T.V. if we have room to bring it.

LasT 3 Preregistration

Name: Josh F.
Nickname: Kirok
Equipment (if any): I'm unsure about it, I'll get back to you.

LasT 3 Preregistration

Name: Josh M.
Nickname: JMAN
Equipment (if any): Same as Kirok's.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Link, I'm gonna put you down as having the TV. Let me know if anything changes with that or if either of the other two can bring stuff. Thanks!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Hmm, if someone from Houston goes, then I might go. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom