• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LasT Smash V [Texas, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana.] Wobbles inc!

Wiggins

Smash Ace
Yea, you were supposed to start up our North Louisiana scene. Way to fail. =p How many people do you think are going to be coming with you?
Yea, I know. Sadface. I've just been too busy with school and work almost constantly. :/ But I'd like to get back into the tourney scene.

Also, there may not be much of anyone with me. I just found out Tyler isn't going to be in town on the 30th... He's going to be in Indiana. David might be in Florida... And I have no idea where Zack is... Korea still, I think. So it MIGHT just be me. :/ But I still wanna go. :D

Winnar

Smash Lord
That's a pretty cool logo O:

I wish I could go to this but unfortunately I'll be back in MS :(

Maybe though...!

Curlz

Smash Lord
Ran, for the record, the Lafayette players that are coming with me are Fang, Nickels, and Swags.

I'm also pulling together another carpool for Blaise, Oathkeeper, MasterMajora, FPDav, and ChKn.

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
Too early to say im going but i def could get a carpool of some NFL players.

Is smash the only game at this?(like no PM/ssf4/marvel?)

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
MvC3 is highly likely. P:M not so much, but I will be ticked if no one manages to bring it to this. :mad:

SSF4, I kind of doubt it, but if you pester the LA thread someone might bring it too.

ivan91994

Smash Rookie
Question

Is it too late to sign up to participate? I am new to the forum and relatively new to the tournament scene. If anyone can be willing to guide me to where I can learn more that would be nice. maybe trade wii friend codes etc....

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Is it too late to sign up to participate? I am new to the forum and relatively new to the tournament scene. If anyone can be willing to guide me to where I can learn more that would be nice. maybe trade wii friend codes etc....
sign ups dont happen until the day of the event at the event. that's generally how things happen, unless it's coupled with a convention like whobo was.

go here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12805514

-Ran

Smash Master
Too early to say im going but i def could get a carpool of some NFL players.

Is smash the only game at this?(like no PM/ssf4/marvel?)
At the moment, Smash is the only thing that I'm doing; however, I'm chatting with the Tos for the other games this weekend to see if they want to add on and control those events.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
But me in the sign ups for Brawl theres no way I'm missing out on this awesomeness!

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Edit: I'll try to to remember to bring some throw away cash for money matches. No promises, but if I do. $5 MMs.

-Ran

Smash Master
Updated the first post with the new entrants. Brawl is at 39 and Melee is at 34. The total combined pot is at 1,095 already!

Esca

Smash Champion
Ran, for the record, the Lafayette players that are coming with me are Fang, Nickels, and Swags.

I'm also pulling together another carpool for Blaise, Oathkeeper, MasterMajora, FPDav, and ChKn.
I wanna MM every one of you.

Luigi ditto MMs >:)
Want in? MM?

Updated the first post with the new entrants. Brawl is at 39 and Melee is at 34. The total combined pot is at 1,095 already!
NICE!

ivan91994

Smash Rookie
Sign on

I also wanna sign on for melee too. for the 2v2 in both des my partner have to be a member of the forum to sign up or do i sign us up there or what? I just want to cover my tracks and make sure i dont screw up. since im new and stuff. and is it ten per person or ten per duo?

-Ran

Smash Master
It'll be ten per person. Registration will be handled formally at the venue, as well as anyone that shows up at that time. I'm just working on getting a headcount so I can keep the venue prepared in terms of the time we need, and the amount of workers they'll need [ie to sell food, how of the food, etc.]

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I also wanna sign on for melee too. for the 2v2 in both des my partner have to be a member of the forum to sign up or do i sign us up there or what? I just want to cover my tracks and make sure i dont screw up. since im new and stuff. and is it ten per person or ten per duo?
also, being a member of this forum or posting in this thread is NOT a requirement.

this thread is only to spread the word and get a general headcount, pretty much.

-Ran

Smash Master
Nope, gotta practice and meet everyone in the community! Two months can change a player completely.

BSP

Smash Legend
Tesh, I see you looking. Make plans for this.

Yo Esca I'll MM you too.

We've got a $1000 pot already, so let's keep building up.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Melee depends on who shows up.If PP comes other big names might show up too. But as for people who have shown interest:

1. PP
2. Lee/Taylor
3. Everyone else.

Curlz

Smash Lord
I'm currently working on getting Sponsorships / Donation for this. I currently have 2 places that are interested in donating to this event which could equal up to $200-$300 of pot bonuses, but don't they aren't certain yet. I'm probably gonna make a stop by Baton Rouge and see what I can pull from there.

Edit:

I can't believe I missed this!

$50 MM my Falco
I'm game. Best of 5. My MK vs your Falco.

IShouldBeStudying

Smash Apprentice
Love it when new people pop up who play melee.

:phone:

Also, will be telling the laf-melee crew about this. Abd might bring them depending on my departure point.

ivan91994

Smash Rookie
alrite advice

Nope, gotta practice and meet everyone in the community! Two months can change a player completely.
:urg:Whats a good way to practice? I play both brawl and melee alot and i like to fight with like 50 stock against level 9 cpus no items on battlefield but i hear lots of ppl do similar stuff anyway. Thats i really do anymore, i used to try my hand at cruel melee but i gave up. i had a goal of KOing at least 10 on each in melee and brawl never could get past 7:urg: so i quit. Whats a good way to meet the community?(besides being a member of the forum) i can see that most ppl here know each other seeing as how some players names seem to cause others to shutter when mentioned lolz:scared:
;)

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
:urg:Whats a good way to practice? I play both brawl and melee alot and i like to fight with like 50 stock against level 9 cpus no items on battlefield but i hear lots of ppl do similar stuff anyway. Thats i really do anymore, i used to try my hand at cruel melee but i gave up. i had a goal of KOing at least 10 on each in melee and brawl never could get past 7:urg: so i quit. Whats a good way to meet the community?(besides being a member of the forum) i can see that most ppl here know each other seeing as how some players names seem to cause others to shutter when mentioned lolz:scared:
;)
If you want to get better (at Melee) then you should watch these two videos first:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n4s5yB7ZkE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiZLs2doK8E

These will help you get into the basics of competitive Melee. The most important things to learn are l-cancelling, shffling, wavedashing, and teching, but the rest of those things in the video are definitely worth getting down as well.

Stop doing Cruel Melee, it doesn't help at all.

As far as CPUs go, you should practice against them to get down the basics you see in those videos, but after you get down those basics, you should look to play against other people so you can refine them.

Also, choose one character only to learn first. Don't go switching from character to character. Pick one so you can learn and refine all the advanced tactisc they have.

Same goes for brawl, minus the advanced techs.

Top Bottom