• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LAST Smashfest Wed Aug 26th - The Vro Zone [MELEE]

Vro

Smash Lord
updated post. i don't feel like making a new thread for the tourney. spread word of the tourney.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
rat im interested in playing it, it sounds really cool.

vro, you actually interested in playing some chess tomorrow?

Tink

Smash Hero
anybody good wanna team sat 0_o...also, i hope we get some solid competition at this tourny...that way more people will see kels lose =).

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
i really wanna come to the tournament this saturday, ill see about getting a ride. vro could you house me/kso and 1-2 other purdue guys. Actually I could stay at my house and house people too...

but I gotta get a ride here, so its a big maybe at this point

Vro

Smash Lord
I will provide housing for the Sat Tourney. So I expect Peoria, Springfield, and Purdue there.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
I will provide housing for the Sat Tourney. So I expect Peoria, Springfield, and Purdue there.
Their are 2 people who could drive us, and I wanted to go to chicago this weekend to pick up a zip or something...good thing I ****ed up my pay card and won't get paid for 2 weeks when it should be today. I'll talk to them and let you know Cary.

Dart

Smash Lord
****...well now the only thing i gotta do is figure out the 3 hour trip up there...whats cheapest you think, driving or train?

Dart

Smash Lord
OMG vro we're gonna need alot of directions and stuff to make it possible for peoria crew. My mom is mad scared about how dangerous chicago is so, if there's "safe roads" that we can take any help would ****ing rock.

Meneks

Smash Lord
OMG vro we're gonna need alot of directions and stuff to make it possible for peoria crew. My mom is mad scared about how dangerous chicago is so, if there's "safe roads" that we can take any help would ****ing rock.
Vro doesn't actually live IN chicago just the surrounding area..
In any case its REALLY nice so your mom shouldn't have anything to be afraid of.

ALSO chicago isn't like super ghetto thats only a couple parts lmao.
It isnt like new york where you'll get mugged everyday

Dart

Smash Lord
yeah she's like "there are places in chicago where you'll get shot!" but thats totally ballin if he lives in a suburb. so is this starting at 6 like usual vro zones cuz i didn't notice on the front page when it said >.>

Meneks

Smash Lord
I would rather live in chicago then an empty suburb where its probably easiest to get killed at..
Considering we have cameras everywhere it is significantly safer?

On another note Im probably not going to the tourney this saturday due to the fact that im attending the air and water show...
But hey if theres any other smash fest in chicago during the fall i would like to attend

Kochiha Ichihara

Smash Apprentice
I would rather live in chicago then an empty suburb where its probably easiest to get killed at..
Considering we have cameras everywhere it is significantly safer?
It's not easy to get killed in an empty suburb, because less people means you actually notice if someone disappears. And there are even more cameras in the likes of Downers Grove and Naperville than there are downtown, and besides, Naperville is not that empty and not techinically a suburb, considering it was around before Chicago was even incorporated...

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Vro, I ****ing wish I could go. There is no way I can get that day off from work (these ****s seriously give me ONE day off a month, i work 6 days a week every single week) and I used my day off for SMYM. I really wanna ****ing come to this though. Also, Springfield fails at being motivated to attend tournies with the exception of me.
Translation:johns

Vro

Smash Lord
Tournament August 15th

BIG POST
Don't show up earlier than noon. Doubles start at 1PM. Phone ahead if you're running late. Single's pools is scheduled at 4:30-5:30, with dinner being after pools. I'm kicking people out at midnight.

$5 VENUE FEE
The fee will only be waived if you bring a full setup. Venue fee will go towards food, drinks, beer, etc. We're more than likely to buy a large dinner and have it in the basement.

Monies
Singles will be $15 if and only if there are at least 16 entrants. In the event this tourney doesn't get enough publicity and we don't have enough entrants, it will go down to $10. Doubles will be $20 PER TEAM, regardless of entrants.

Pay out will be as follows:
1st: 55%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%
4th: 5%
This goes for both singles and teams.

Please spread the word, and confirm attendance.

Dart

Smash Lord
ok if we can go ill call sometime saturday before noonish cuz we prolly won't be able to leave til about 10...i have soccer til 9 and he's got a 5k race or something at 8...so we're looking at the possibility of missing doubles :(

Meneks

Smash Lord
It's not easy to get killed in an empty suburb, because less people means you actually notice if someone disappears. And there are even more cameras in the likes of Downers Grove and Naperville than there are downtown, and besides, Naperville is not that empty and not techinically a suburb, considering it was around before Chicago was even incorporated...
Chicago is the most surveillanced city in america lol. Considering that MOST suburbs do NOT have street lamps this obviously causes the streets to be darker making it MUUCH easier for kidnappings to occur. I mean if someone went into a suburban hope shot everyone up and left at like 1 am where NO ONE is outside ofcourse the killer can probably get away. But here in the city where theres like a bunch of people out 7 out of 10 people are going to have a plate number, camera phone pictures, lmao the surveillance cameras on a 3 mile block radius will have every angle of the vehicle and the killers. Not only that but it would happen in an apartment complex where a bunch of people will notice.

Tink

Smash Hero
you MIGHTTT wanna change that for teams payout....even if we manage to get 16 teams....3rd will only get their money back and 2 dollars more -_-(4th, 8 bux)....jus a thought.

i still need a good partner for this, one that can handle zec and wuwu!

Vro

Smash Lord
I think I'm going to stand firm in my payout decision, as I feel more people should be payed out, no matter how small. That is, unless more people convince me.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Chicago is the most surveillanced city in america lol. Considering that MOST suburbs do NOT have street lamps this obviously causes the streets to be darker making it MUUCH easier for kidnappings to occur. I mean if someone went into a suburban hope shot everyone up and left at like 1 am where NO ONE is outside ofcourse the killer can probably get away. But here in the city where theres like a bunch of people out 7 out of 10 people are going to have a plate number, camera phone pictures, lmao the surveillance cameras on a 3 mile block radius will have every angle of the vehicle and the killers. Not only that but it would happen in an apartment complex where a bunch of people will notice.
Chicago is the deadliest/most violent city in the US right now lol....

Just thought i'd point that out.

Tink

Smash Hero
rofl.....well, considering i went on the high side, at 30 people lollll.....i dont see us getting much more then 20 people at this. alotttt of people have been johning out of it for some reason -_-.

i dont say switch it for singles...for singles, thats allll good, but for teams, where you have to split it between 2 people, your paying out to top 10 people in teams, while top 5 in singles -_-. which should be the opposite if anything. idk, ive never liked teams payout for a smaller tournament.

on a side note, id jus like to say that, we should have a no ray chun rule for singles...as i can see only me, kels, vro, trail, wuwu and zec are gonna be willing to pay 15 dollars for singles lol...but then it would be 10, so more people would enter, which would make it back to 15 lolll.....the woes of a tournament.

edit: i still need a reliable partner 0_o....someoneeee!

raychun1

Smash Apprentice
meneks, why are you always in the middle of the arguments? come on, man this is just smash. you don't wanna become another neighborhood p. :psycho:

and, uh, wanna stop calling it the ray chun rule, tink?? we can argue about money, but you can take it easy with the low blows

Zjiin

Smash Master
The Ray Chun rule is solid. If it makes you feel better ray, we named it that before we knew you. Yeah, that was a lie, lmfao.

Meneks

Smash Lord
meneks, why are you always in the middle of the arguments? come on, man this is just smash. you don't wanna become another neighborhood p. :psycho:

and, uh, wanna stop calling it the ray chun rule, tink?? we can argue about money, but you can take it easy with the low blows
Lol, its not like i go around reading post going like "HEY YOU THERE!!" People respond to my post and i respond to their response.
Funny you should mention it though since i wasn't really arguing just stating an opinion, but hey lets not argue "its just smash" right?

Top Bottom