• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

Bomber7

Smash Hero
FINALLY DONE! WHOOO! My last tournament was a huge success! I feel relieved now! I now have some free time! What do I do with my life now?.... o_o

Happy Easter as well guys!

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Happy belated easter guys. B) I went to a monthly for Melee on Saturday. Got bopped, only encourages me to play more and play harder. i wish college wasn't so hard.

Heero Yuy

#sweg
Fortunately next semester I'll be bringing my Wii to England...So that means more time to practice. :D

Would also be curious if UK Smashers are any good. :o

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
bumptasm. If you're from around the Tristate area, you should come to Montclair State University tomorrow. There's gonna be a FREE anime convention. also i'll be there, there will be some kind of smash some where.

Beat11

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai said something about giving an opponent the ability to steal the edge of the stage away from you which pretty much ends planking but i got one question. Since invincibility frames are gained from initially grabbing the edge, Won';t the invincibility frames keep the opponent from grabbing the edge from you or can the opponent still take the edge?

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
This may be purely conjecture on my part, but this is my theory on the ledges for Smash 4:
Due to the changes made, it will be possible to grab the ledge out from under your opponent, but only after their Invincibility frames run out.
And a second thing to watch for is that Sakurai mentioned something about invicibility being related to one's damage%, so you may have more or less (likely less) as you take damage which willaffect the tide of ledgehoggingin matches. I wonder if Link's Z-ledge can be trumped the same way regular ledgegrabs work... If anything I'd like it to work like it does in PM and just kinda pop him upwards lightly for a recovery select.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
This might shed more light on the subject:

Sakurai Wrote:
Tether recovery? Yes, you can! And from even longer range than before. Multiple fighters can latch on--who actually grabs hold is determined by the same rules as the standard ledge grab.

Rizen

Smash Legend
People who play monster hunter might get this:
So I'm in a turns room and I decided to stay up later even though I'm tired because it's my turn to choose the next hunt. I want a big Agnator gold crown reward so I pick the 3 agna hunt (G rank advanced). Then finally after all the farming a huge agna appears! Then "(player 1's name) has exited the game, (player 2's name) has exited the game, (player 3's name) has exited the game," I got DCed or the entire room did but I really want that crown size agna so I fight it by myself. Big ones are extremely aggressive. Too bad I only brought the minimal supplies because I thought I had 3 other people hunting with me. I end up beating it but then there are 2 more! I'm really tired at this point. Eventually I beat them all and it turns out the agna was only a silver crown size! @#!^$&!!!!

Last edited:

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
A friend of mine says:

That could be a lot of fun. But if last year's Event is any precursor. There was only one best buy In utah doing this. And a budy of mine waited 3 Hours to play Super Mario 3D land for wii U for like two minutes. So this would not be an event for the faint of heart. Pending the amount of locations getting in on this.
And if Nintendo is doing this event it will likely be All Items FD four player FFA so you shouldn't expect to make it very far no matter how skilled of a player you are (maybe two or three rounds at the most for even an average smashboards player, this coming from experience in running FFA/item leagues).

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
DAT TETHER THO

EDIT: Awww, Rizen beat me to it. Oh well. I'm not changing it. Mostly because Heavy Breathing Cat is the best meme of all time.

Last edited:

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
BUT GUESS WHAT GUYS NEW LEDGE MECHANICS

TETHERS COULD BE AWFUL IN THE NEW SMASH BECAUSE THEY MIGHT BE TRUMP-ABLE

Sakurai isn't done screwing with Link players yet.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Lol, Link is always in danger of getting screwed; that's one thing Brawl has taught us. But the changes so far (higher jumps and upB and longer tether) look encouraging.
Keep in mind that TL is a lower high tier because he can actually space properly but TL's move set is slower than Link's, on the ground at least. Better mobility will be a huge boost to Link.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
not sure how i feel about his new dash attack. I liked the old one in Melee/PM since you could combo off it. time will tell i guess. i wonder if usmash's hits will all connect properly.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Just gonna take a little time out to say....

I just finished up my last rotation in my last year of school. I get my degree in Pharmacy in two weeks.

I NOW DEMAND TO BE ADRESSED AS DOCTOR HUGGLES! :awesome:

Heero Yuy

#sweg
Just gonna take a little time out to say....

I just finished up my last rotation in my last year of school. I get my degree in Pharmacy in two weeks.

I NOW DEMAND TO BE ADRESSED AS DOCTOR HUGGLES! :awesome:
Congrats Mr. Dr. Sir General President Huggles, MD! Best of luck after school!

Rizen

Smash Legend
@Dr.Huggles congratz :D
not sure how i feel about his new dash attack. I liked the old one in Melee/PM since you could combo off it. time will tell i guess. i wonder if usmash's hits will all connect properly.
I'd like if Link's new DA could KO. Ganon's DA is a good (relatively) KOing tool because he lacks other setups.
I hope Usmash connects and has faster swings.

Heero Yuy

#sweg
@ Huggles828 Huggles828 reminder to get your name change

"Docta Hugglez"
Only Premium members can do that, even for really minor changes. So my reminder him is to also upgrade.

So like Mr. Dr. Sir General President Huggles, MD, school lets out in two weeks. Then a whole four months of glorious Smash Bros on my way!

Last edited:

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
B-b-but medical degree

You're supposed to be a rich snob, righ--

oh wait medical degree. Medical school. You're probably $4,000,000 in debt lol
I forget doctors don't get rich until they're already 50 years old

Are you 50 yet Huggles?

If not I can give you a...huggles

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
B-b-but medical degree

You're supposed to be a rich snob, righ--

oh wait medical degree. Medical school. You're probably $4,000,000 in debt lol
I forget doctors don't get rich until they're already 50 years old

Are you 50 yet Huggles?

If not I can give you a...huggles
$200,000 dollars. And no, I'm not 50 yet :( But I will take those huggles...

Last edited:

Bomber7

Smash Hero
So is Doc Patch Hugglez out of the question? Because that is where I feel like htis discussion is going.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
So after watching Magi play Jnig in P:M, I've been thinking I need to learn to shadow box. I know I won't be able to play online much (if at all), but when I manage to find time to "practice", I think it'd be best to learn to do that. Maybe, just maybe, if I get good enough at it, I will improve my overall skill.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I WON'T LET THIS DIE.

So guys, I finished my semester. So ****ing happy. Finals blow major *****. I'm looking forward to a summer full of smash and fun! If you're going to SKTAR, let me know, i'll be attending both days. :) This weekend, I'm going to No Johns in Nanuet, NY so wish me luck.

Top Bottom