• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm not a huge anime guy but I remember Tenchi being pretty good when it came on Toonami like 15 years ago. Don't remember a whole lot about it though. You guys know if it's on Netflix or anything where I can watch it again for free? (That or Outlaw Star; that's one of like 2 animes, along with Cowboy Bebop, that I remember being awesome).
Lol, I started watching it on Toonami too. I never saw the ending of the series so I looked it up online.
..But I with I hadn't watched episode 14 on. It really goes downhill after that. The first 13 are great though.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
All the threads are dead :(
I'm feeling good today. I helped shop for my mom and grandma, did some art and my laundry. Being awake at night sucks but when I'm not depressed I get a lot done.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Lol, I started watching it on Toonami too. I never saw the ending of the series so I looked it up online:
http://www.watchcartoononline.com/anime/tenchi-muyo-ryo-ohki-english-dubbed-guide-2
..But I with I hadn't watched episode 14 on. It really goes downhill after that. The first 13 are great though.
Yeah, that was kinda painful to rewatch. The dubs suck; otherwise it'd be great. Only got about an episode and a half in. I just switched over and watched Outlaw Star instead. So much better. :awesome:

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Yeah, I usually prefer subtitles but I started with dubbed voices so I decided to end with them.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Sometimes depending on the film/show it's fun to watch with dubs and subtitles at the same time. Often you get to see a lot of details they changed. Every once in a while there are huge differences, such as the Studio Gibli film Pom Poco (sp?). The dubbed version mentioned raccoon balls much less frequently. In fact, there is an entire song about raccoon balls that was entirely rewritten. How could they not think that Americans would find all the balls talk entertaining?

Rizen

Smash Legend
Bump!

How is is everyone?
I like psychological things. Like humor, for example, I find this episode of Batman very funny. But it's very inside jokey and psychological: http://dubbed-scene.com/batman-animated-series-56-harley-and-ivy
I like to watch shows while I work on photoshop or draw.

I wonder what this will be:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzwF2kmNF8E
:surprised:

I'm hyped for Hyrule Warriors but I find this character to be cut-and-paste-stereotypical anime 'magic girl' and stupid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9Bj_8UkI-0
:glare:
I never understood anime fans pretending characters like this (or Palutena, see the SSB4 character thread) are their wife or GF or whatever. Not my cup of tea :ohwell:

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
Bump!

How is is everyone?
I like psychological things. Like humor, for example, I find this episode of Batman very funny. But it's very inside jokey and psychological: http://dubbed-scene.com/batman-animated-series-56-harley-and-ivy
I like to watch shows while I work on photoshop or draw.

I wonder what this will be:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzwF2kmNF8E
:surprised:

I'm hyped for Hyrule Warriors but I find this character to be cut-and-paste-stereotypical anime 'magic girl' and stupid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9Bj_8UkI-0
:glare:
I never understood anime fans pretending characters like this (or Palutena, see the SSB4 character thread) are their wife or GF or whatever. Not my cup of tea :ohwell:
Yeah lol. Hyrule Warriors is looking awesome!!!!!

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Wow guys. New characters revealed. Every single character from Fire Emblem: Awakening in the new Smash game! Switching my main to the Vaike.

Oh yeah, and Captain Falcon is back.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
It's funny to me how people complain about how we now have four Fire Emblem characters on our roster. Some person made a comment on Kotaku that Nintendo has made the game more fun by adding new game series from Fire Emblem, Fire Emblem, and Fire Emblem. This is a dumb statement in my opinion. Let's do a head count, shall we?

Super Mario Bros. : Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, Rosalina, Dr. Mario
Legend of Zelda: Link, Ganondorf, Zelda, Sheik, TL, Young Link
Pokemon: Pikachu, Kigglypuff, Squirtle, Charizard, Ivysaur, Mewtwo, Lucario, Greninja, Pichu

The three game series listed above typically have had at least 3 to 4 characters as playable characters, and people are complaining about adding more Fire Emblem heroes to the roster? If anything, Nintendo doesn't hold back when it comes to Pokemon and Mario.

End rant.

Last edited:

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
So what characters are you guys looking forward to playing as in Smash 4? I'm interested in Link, Lucina, Marth, Charizard, Pac Man and Fox. :)

Rizen

Smash Legend
@Bomber, you could add Wario and Yoshi to the Mario list too.
So what characters are you guys looking forward to playing as in Smash 4? I'm interested in Link, Lucina, Marth, Charizard, Pac Man and Fox. :)
Link of course, first and foremost. I plan to learn every character but the main ones I'm hyped about are:
Zelda, Rosalina and Mega Man.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Link, Ganondorf, Wario, Mega Man, Avatar/Robin. I'd like to play Little Mac too but my brother and I came to an agreement that he gets Little Mac and I get Mega Man :awesome:

Bomber: Yeah, Pokemon is the worst offender about that, there are too many Pokeymanz. FE now has 5 characters (if you include Roy); my only issue is honestly that I can't see any way Lucina isn't going to basically be a clone of Marth, and not even like a Ganon/Falcon thing where one is slower and stronger. I am interested to see how they're gonna do Robin. I had thought he'd be a good addition but because of all the character flexibility wasn't sure how they'd implement him and figured they wouldn't bother. It'll be cool if you could actually edit his appearance (sorta like Mii Fighters or whatever) or maybe change his "class" appearance, but I doubt that'll happen. And if they had actually added Vaike, he seriously would have been my new main :p

Also, calling it: Mii Fighters will be banned in tournament play.

Last edited:

Bomber7

Smash Hero
In my opinion, canonically, it'd be hard to avoid having Lucina an almost exact clone of Marth. After all, they are kin. They could change a few moves because in FE:A her and Chrom showed a certain style of swordsmanship of which I am pretty sure Marth is unfamiliar with, so we could go with that.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
In my opinion, canonically, it'd be hard to avoid having Lucina an almost exact clone of Marth. After all, they are kin.
Yeah, that's kinda my point haha. Because of the whole SPOILERS thing about Lucina in the first place her style would have to be nearly identical to Marth. Guess it's mostly just "another blue-haired swordsman" thing haha. They could have added Ephraim; get a green-haired spearman to mix it up :awesome:

Though like I said, I really like the addition of Robin, I just didn't think they would add him. I'm glad they did.

Rizen

Smash Legend
in FE:A her and Chrom showed a certain style of swordsmanship of which I am pretty sure Marth is unfamiliar with
Fighting like a man?

If characters who haven't been revealed (but will be in the game) are counted, I'm also going to use Ganon and Wolf.

Last edited:

Heero Yuy

#sweg
Pikachu, Palutena, ZSS, Yoshi, Falcon, and Lucina have all attracted me greatly. But of course there's room in my heart for Link as a secondary, regardless if whether he still sucks or not. ;)

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
According to this pic of the day:

7/15
Pic of the day. Along with Robin, Lucina joins the battle!! Her physical ablilites are identical to Marth's--it must be in her D.N.A. However, where Marth's power is concentrated in the tip of the sword, Lucina's attack strength is balanced throughout the weapon, which might make her easier to control. She's also a little bit shorter than Marth.
  • With the Wii Fit Trainers, the male and female Robins, the Villagers, and Little Mac, varying their appearances and voices works just like selecting alternate color variations. However, whenever there is even a small difference in abilities, that character gets an actual roster slot. That is why you can select Lucina individually.

Lucina will be a Marth clone.
I can't help but think of another Marth clone who wasn't lucky enough to make it into SSB4.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Sakurai came out with an explaination as to why Crom didn't get into Smash 4.

He felt Crom didn't have anything unique to bring to the table.

Lucina was personally trained by Crom therefore they are clones.

Lucina was presented as the better choice.

Lucina was officially established a Marth clone.

Crom still not a playable character.

If a=b and b=c, then a = c

Sakurai's logic needs a little checking.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Sakurai came out with an explaination as to why Crom didn't get into Smash 4.

He felt Crom didn't have anything unique to bring to the table.

Lucina was personally trained by Crom therefore they are clones.

Lucina was presented as the better choice.

Lucina was officially established a Marth clone.

Crom still not a playable character.

If a=b and b=c, then a = c

Sakurai's logic needs a little checking.
Hit the nail on the head. I saw all that earlier today and was just like "that is the stupidest logic ever on why they added Lucina instead of Chrom". Literally the only reason I can think is they thought Chrom would mean too many blue-haired sword dudes while adding Lucina would mean a chick with a sword, therefore they went with Lucina. Although they very easily could have just made Lucina a Marth alternate costume like with Wii Fit trainer (or Robin, apparently).

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Yeah, I also think Sakurai want to shoehorn in more female characters. Not that having more females is bad but in this case it wasn't the best idea.

I'm trying to solo the super hard event quest monsters in Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. I've done G rank Alatreon and the 'Cruel King of the Sea' Ivory Lagiacrus so far:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVk4Ajms2Io
Next up is Clashing Fists Brachydios.

Edit, drew this:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c333/investinloss/littlesmilinggirl_zps8158d830.jpg
http://topricin.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/smiling-little-girl.jpg
My pos scanner loses most of the shading, as always :/

Last edited:

DirtyPete

Smash Cadet
Hit the nail on the head. I saw all that earlier today and was just like "that is the stupidest logic ever on why they added Lucina instead of Chrom". Literally the only reason I can think is they thought Chrom would mean too many blue-haired sword dudes while adding Lucina would mean a chick with a sword, therefore they went with Lucina. Although they very easily could have just made Lucina a Marth alternate costume like with Wii Fit trainer (or Robin, apparently).
lucina was originally going to just be a marth alternate costume, but sakurai decided to make her a separate character because reasons ( like wanting more female characters) , and because he felt lucina was different enough ( lucina is shorter, probably has a different hit box, and the sword works differently[something about damage being done equally throughout the sword instead of more damage at the tip]) i dont mind, because it sounds like lucina wasnt chosen in favor over another character; she would have been in the game either way, and now shes in the game as a roy replacement who looks better than roy

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
I'm not getting my hopes up for a Link above Low-mid tier. He is certainly looking better than he did in brawl, but then, just about every low-tier character is looking better than they did in brawl. Some higher tiers have been nerfed, yes, but others have been buffed. There's just not enough information yet (no meta game, either).

I'm just hoping for more freedom with him in high-level play.

Heero Yuy

#sweg
There's just not enough information yet (no meta game, either).
Precisely. For all we know Link will start out at the bottom of the tier list but somehow the meta will evolve to put him in the higher-tier brackets. Thus is why I don't speculate like 90% of Smash 4 hypers (yes, this is a word now) are doing.

I'd like to know the Brawl player's perspective on the ROB matchup please. I've played against one today and lost 1-2, but I felt like had I spaced a few things differently and didn't lose my patience I would've won. Any help? :o

Last edited:
Top Bottom