• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

Rizen

Smash Legend
^SSB4 looks awesome! I don't know how people can criticize it- it's not even out yet.

I'm starting a new youtube channel because my old one is cluttered with low quality replays for critiques and I don't like the name well enough. Deva's channel was DevaLink so I made a RizenLink channel.
Here's my new channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzImTgcezo2GjH4BpzAuRfA/playlists
I'm trying to make the best channel I can with videos of soloing G rank Alatreon, game reviews, FFXII story analysis, etc. I'll post SSB4 videos too.
/shameless self promotion lol

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Ha ha ha, it seems like all the people I know are trying to get into the streaming/youtube casting/reviews and analysises these days. :3

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Lol, yeah it's common. I figure it's a good way to learn video editing and I make analyses, guides and play games anyway so why not have a youtube channel?

I was feeling depressed yesterday but I'm doing much better today. I jogged half a mile, plus walking another half and did figure drawing (which I can't post here if you know what I mean ;)). I've got a ton of photos to sort through (4 gigs O.o) ; I'll post some pics after I do.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Founs out today the venue of my previous tournaments is closing. I found out from a co-worker today and stopped by to say hi and it was a sad sight to see. A perfectly good game cafe.... nearly empty. :(

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
Ha ha ha, it seems like all the people I know are trying to get into the streaming/youtube casting/reviews and analysises these days. :3
Yeah, totally. Lots of the BIG Melee guys recently started streaming on Twitch as well.

Which makes me want to buy a new portable 720P HD Recorder...dazzle use to have numerous devices that would like hookup to your iPod and record mp4s and junk. I wonder what's out there now...since taking my monster PC with my PCI-e Black Magic Intensity isn't gonna be viable for recording Smash 4 at tourneys. Neither will the old 480i composite cable dazzles.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
I didn't even know
Founs out today the venue of my previous tournaments is closing. I found out from a co-worker today and stopped by to say hi and it was a sad sight to see. A perfectly good game cafe.... nearly empty. :(
That's tough, man. What are you gonna do now? On a side note, I didn't even know Game Cafes were a thing.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Well, I don't run events there anymore so it's not my problem, but it was a cool place to hang and what not. Either way, I have other stuff in my life to keep me busy. I'll be ifne.

Rizen

Smash Legend
That sucks about the cafe closing :(
Yeah, totally. Lots of the BIG Melee guys recently started streaming on Twitch as well.

Which makes me want to buy a new portable 720P HD Recorder...dazzle use to have numerous devices that would like hookup to your iPod and record mp4s and junk. I wonder what's out there now...since taking my monster PC with my PCI-e Black Magic Intensity isn't gonna be viable for recording Smash 4 at tourneys. Neither will the old 480i composite cable dazzles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgLBNN67KZs
I bought this one.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Well, I don't run events there anymore so it's not my problem, but it was a cool place to hang and what not. Either way, I have other stuff in my life to keep me busy. I'll be fine.
Oh ok, so no true tangible loss, but still that's gotta be sad to see.

@ Rizen Rizen Smooth. Let'sPlays seem to be where the big bucks are made now, though. But I guess those only work if you have international appeal or you team up with another person and you both are comedians who barely actually talk about the game or any related strategy (I'm looking at you, GameGrumps). Still, an option, perhaps?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
So how about that World Cup match, huh? Feeling patriotic right now after that amazing win for the US soccer team.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
So how about that World Cup match, huh? Feeling patriotic right now after that amazing win for the US soccer team.
I totally called that second goal. I was at work and we were watching and I told a coworker that we were gonna score on that corner kick. Also, 29 seconds in. WHAT.

'MUHRICA!!!!

Rizen

Smash Legend
TBH I don't keep up with soccer or any sport. Did the USA win? It's always nice when we win :)
@ Rizen Rizen Smooth. Let'sPlays seem to be where the big bucks are made now, though. But I guess those only work if you have international appeal or you team up with another person and you both are comedians who barely actually talk about the game or any related strategy (I'm looking at you, GameGrumps). Still, an option, perhaps?
I'm not planing on making money off youtube. It's more of a project to learn editing.
Also, somewhat what is said here too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfuoT3Av9Bs
(^lol) people like youtubers like "Pumkin Pie" (aka Piediepie) who pump out a ton of videos and make goofy faces get views but videos with a lot of time put into them don't get as many.
To be realistic, you (the youtuber) probably won't make money. People should plan on sharing projects or stupid cat videos (awww <3) but not think they'll make it big.

PS
Youtube is being inconsistent when loading for me; sometimes it works and others it doesn't want to load. Is anyone else getting this?

Last edited:

Heero Yuy

#sweg
It's so incredibly nice outside these days. Tempted to just go into my neighbor's forest with a toy sword and pretend that I'm going through the Lost Woods.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
I feel kind of bad, I didn't even know soccer was going on until I accidentally clicked on the Google picture thing today.

My wife and I are on vacation in the mountains of Southwest Virginia for our 3 year anniversary. The topography and foliage here do inspire a Zelda-esque sense of whimsical awe. She caught me whistling the Lost Woods theme when we were driving through the narrow wooded mountain paths. (Unfortunately it's all private property so I can't take a sword into the woods and walk around.)

Rizen

Smash Legend
There's a screeching, rubbing sound inside the walls in my apt; it's coming from the boiler room. I called maintenance and someone's going to check it out. For now it's driving me crazy! :mad:

^That's well made but effed up.

I've been walking with 10+ lbs (pounds) arm weights (about 22 lbs total), jogging and doing sit-ups on a mostly regular basis :). It's hard to lose weight but I am in pretty good shape except needing to drop a few lbs.
Damn that noise!

I'll try to get pictures posted soon. I've sorted a lot already.

/update
//damn that stupid noise!

Heero Yuy

#sweg
Nice progress on the workouts, Rizen!

I've been getting back into shape slowly and slowly after a rough college finals week. Going on 3-4 mile runs every so often and hitting the weightroom (aka my basement) is definitely a good convenience.

Like I said before, so nice outside. Why play Smash when adventure is calling you out there? :awesome:

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I went for a hike to escape the noise. It was fixed when I got back. Shouldn't the word 'fixed' have t 'x's? It should be pronounced 'fiesed'. :/. Anyway my problem is I get depressed and stop exercising. Then I have to get back on the wagon (in a not alcohol related use of the phrase).

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
I think it is. I don't know if there are any state/locality-based restrictions or regulations but a friend of mine reserved his copy a while ago.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I think it is. I don't know if there are any state/locality-based restrictions or regulations but a friend of mine reserved his copy a while ago.
I better reserve mine soon!

I sketched today

My scanner sucks and doesn't capture shading well :/
The reference was holding a gun on a black background. The gun was barely visible.

Last edited:

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
OMG was up guys! Its been awhile! any1 went to BestBuy to play smash4? I wish I did!!
Really like his him new dash attack its very powerful and it would be a great move to end/start combos. And I love how they made his boomerang way faster and it looks more powerful! And his awesome back flip dodge.
They took that off of Twilight princess. And everything else his same as brawl. Link is gonna be awesome! Cant wait! And hyped 4 Hyrule Warriors!

@ Heero Yuy Heero Yuy

That video is hilarious! Yeah u should get a wii u! You should get the MK8 bundle or Wind Waker bundle! I got the WW bundle awhile back.

Last edited:

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
I better reserve mine soon!
Indeed! It was funny because when he reserved his he said they gave him a list of some of the characters that would be in the game. I asked him to read some of them to see if there were any that hadn't been released yet. It went like this.

"Well there's Little Mac... not sure-"
"Oh yeah I knew that. I think he's from punch-out or knockout or something."
"Oh, then there's MegaMan."
"Yep, knew that one."
"It says here Samus and ZSS are separate characters... as well as Zelda and Sheik."
"Yeah yeah, old news."
"Charizard."
"Yeup."
"Greninja."
"Mmm hm."
"Meta Ridley."
"......Wh-- really?"
"[silence that I can only assume was him making the troll face]...Nah, haha."

The best thing about it is that he has no idea about SmashBoards and didn't even know that there are quite a few people that really want Ridley as playable character.

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
Indeed! It was funny because when he reserved his he said they gave him a list of some of the characters that would be in the game. I asked him to read some of them to see if there were any that hadn't been released yet. It went like this.

"Well there's Little Mac... not sure-"
"Oh yeah I knew that. I think he's from punch-out or knockout or something."
"Oh, then there's MegaMan."
"Yep, knew that one."
"It says here Samus and ZSS are separate characters... as well as Zelda and Sheik."
"Yeah yeah, old news."
"Charizard."
"Yeup."
"Greninja."
"Mmm hm."
"Meta Ridley."
"......Wh-- really?"
"[silence that I can only assume was him making the troll face]...Nah, haha."

The best thing about it is that he has no idea about SmashBoards and didn't even know that there are quite a few people that really want Ridley as playable character.
Yeah there are many people in Youtube who want Ridley. Especially after that Ridley unknown scene! But he cant be a play able character. He would be way too big for smash 4. The only possible explanation is he might be a Assist Trophy or a Boss. But hey who knows. Have a great day my fellow link mainers!

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
I love the "He's too big!" explanation so much. It always brightens my day up

Rizen

Smash Legend
^I'm doing okay.

I doubt Ridley will be a playable character but he probably will be a boss or stage hazard.

Bowser gets rescaled in many games and I'm not talking about when the plot makes him grow. (Smallest to largest) He's smallest in Mario Karts and the old NES Mario games, a little bigger in SSB4 then Brawl/Melee, probably about average in Paper Mario/New SMBros, a bit bigger in Mario 64 and 3D World, and biggest in games like Sunshine and Galaxy. His size is very inconsistent.

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
Hey where is everyone! *Looks under snakes box* Where did I go wrong! C'mon my Link homies where are you. Guess it's just me and me.

LOL xD

Top Bottom