• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Left 4 Dead Series (New DLC planned!)

Puddin

Smash Lord
Just finished downloading, this load screen couldn't go any slower. Oh my god, there's a Survival Mode for EACH Campaign? Why didn't I know that!!

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Wait, for PC? I'm so breaking the rules and dling at work... In fact, I might even play at work. Haha.

And yeah, the fact that it's for all campaigns was the most wonderful thing I ever read. :D

Gory snake

Smash Journeyman
Fixed. >_>

Imo, consoles can be good, but any FPS is far superior on the PC. Plus, you can upgrade a PC.
PC is a piece of crap, would cost me hundreds to upgrade to play one game, and I dont play many FPS's, I mostly play fighters.

Though I actually had a great game on Death Toll, no rage quits and I had a good team.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Actually PC is not crap. It's just crap for you. Console games can only get so good before they have outdone the basic abilities of said console then you have to go and buy a whole nother system with a whole new set of games, blah blah blah... While PC games can constantly get better with the requirement of only changing one thing at a time (unless you do a total overhaul) and you still have it for everything else plus the games... Unlike a console. PC games have constantly been far better than console games, such as Crysis... Where only two computers in the world could actually run it on high settings and one was owned by NASA. The only problem that a PC has ever had is the inability to do split screen co-op, but these are why you have lan parties.

Also PC games have always had far superior graphics than console, i.e. the Counter Strike to Xbox fiasco or the lovely lack of Half Life on Xbox. Also with the fact that PC now has the adition of a physics card, this also pushes the PC past the limit of consoles.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Downloading the update now (at work - I bought my laptop with me...I have Uni afterwards anyway)

My download rate fluctuates between 3kb and 90kb/s. The steam bandwidth monitor is pretty kewl.

Puddin

Smash Lord
****ed Xbox LIVE community doesn't feel like giving me a match that doesn't have Team Killers.

Seriously, I've never had so much trouble with Team Killers before. Also, hating the new Melee limit, is this new to the PC? It's really annoying.

I've only had one good Survival match so far and it was at the Train yard of Blood Harvest, we went into the room with the big yellow block letting us go up onto the balcony and camped on the side adjacent the big yellow brick thingy.

Handorin

Smash Hero
****ed Xbox LIVE community doesn't feel like giving me a match that doesn't have Team Killers.

Seriously, I've never had so much trouble with Team Killers before. Also, hating the new Melee limit, is this new to the PC? It's really annoying.

I've only had one good Survival match so far and it was at the Train yard of Blood Harvest, we went into the room with the big yellow block letting us go up onto the balcony and camped on the side adjacent the big yellow brick thingy.
We had it in vs mode before. It makes it A LOT more balanced. It also keeps people from leaning on the melee crutch/turning vs into a race to the finish. I was surprised when I saw it in Survival because it wasnt Vs. I need ot do a campaign to see if it is there too.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
You still turn vs into a race to the finish even with the melee limit. :p Or at least, my team does. Haha.

That's what we were either complaining about or liking about 2 months ago with the melee thing. But we are now used to it, you guys on 360 are not which sucks.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I wonder if you can do the L12D thing on survival. That would be too fun. xD

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Oh come on, I love angsty 15 year olds. They are easy to control and mess with (at least for me cause, you know, I'm a chick. Haha). :p With their moms yelling in the background and their over trash talk when they do something mediocre and their "I meant to do that" when they suck it up. Like I said, love angsty 15 year olds. Hahahaha.

Drunk and high PC players are the best.

M@v

Subarashii!
Dont forget we are going to be having a kickoff party starting soon at the smashboards l4d steam group. get here :O

Shake~

Smash Journeyman
Ah, played for quite a bit today. Also I landed 3 instant kills on Dead Air too, somehow they didn't grab the ledge. It's definitely better now.

Also got gold on DT4 Street and DA4's stage in Survival. Still can't get a silver in Lighthouse though.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Any noticeable differences with the Versus Maps compared to the Campaign maps of Death Toll and Dead Air? I haven't noticed much except for the differences in Ammo and Weapon locations at the Finale, it's weird huh? I've always felt that the finale was a bit of a safe haven before you actually started it, but for some reason Valve decided to strew the supplies around the map.

Any particular reason they would do that? It gets incredibly annoying during Survival when you see that your Ammo is low and the Ammo pile is on the floor below you.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
I wish there was a spectator mode >.> I'm missing out on the fun.
I agree. I was hoping since they were using that guys server they could set up one, but alas, we're ****ed. :( A spectator mode would be hard though cause you had to make sure they couldn't talk or anything.

Shake~

Smash Journeyman
Death Toll Versus is boring to me, while I enjoy Dead Air quite a bit. It's so much fun to be a smoker on Dead Air.

The items being moved is most likely to make it easier for the infected to kill the survivors.

Spife

Smash Master
@ Spife - Really?

Dont need to know much about techno but beat and other sorts, gets more complicated if your doing remixes.
imo trance is much easier to produce than techno, I don't do either but trance....is such a cop out/sell out genre. Techno's actually got some intricacies.

Beats are funny, the most common beat in electronic music is four to the floor. As soon as you know it you'll recognize it in the weirdest places (like the biolizard boss battle song from SA2:B).

I'm working on a song of storms remix. Remix's are really only hard if you:
Need to make the samples yourself (and aren't a musician)
have samples that don't synch up well

other than that, it's just taking the original and adding your own spice to it (or adding enough spice to avoid copywrite infringements). I don't have the samples (which is good, I prefer working with midi) so I'm working the kinks out, I'm also not musical, so it's a bit difficult. I want to put an acid spin on it but I'm not sure if the TB synth I have will work out.

While I'm posting a page on electronic music, is there a thread a discussion like this would be better suited?

did you guys get the content? I have a head cold and haven't been playing. I should get on today.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I've tried so many times to try and produce my own music but I'm just not good at it.
What program should I use for it?

Also, DLC downloaded! yey.
Uni class starts in 20 minutes :(

Spife

Smash Master
I've tried so many times to try and produce my own music but I'm just not good at it.
What program should I use for it?
I use Ableton Live, I started with sound recorder (don't ask) and actually did something with garage band (but it's limiting). I don't know a lot about other programs though.

I'm sure FL comes with enough samples so you can just string samples together and go "lolremixtehtechnozzz" but if you want to ACTUALLY make tracks, just make your own samples.
My tracks are very flat and boring. Dynamics is what i dun know about.

Can't wait to play with my team on the two new maps.

M@v

Subarashii!
So yeah, Dead Air is so glitchy its near unplayable. 2 tanks spawned before the survivors even opened the saferoom door at once point. At another, they had a witch and tank spawn right next to eachother. Other times one side would get a tank, others wouldnt. Survival mode kicks *** though :D

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Any particular reason they would do that? It gets incredibly annoying during Survival when you see that your Ammo is low and the Ammo pile is on the floor below you.
Exactly the point. There's no chellenge in durvival if you just camp a corner with ammo sitting right next to you. they said specifically they wanted people to use teamwork for ammo/health/grenade runs.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
So yeah, Dead Air is so glitchy its near unplayable. 2 tanks spawned before the survivors even opened the saferoom door at once point. At another, they had a witch and tank spawn right next to eachother. Other times one side would get a tank, others wouldnt. Survival mode kicks *** though :D
That **** was ****ing trippy. Too bad I glitched out near the end.

Ravin

Smash Lord
So. after our little Dead Air game with constant glitchs and my team getting shafted out of a tank three times. I do think that I wont be playing that "Legitiment" Versus map till the patch it up.

Also I like survivor mode.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
So. after our little Dead Air game with constant glitchs and my team getting shafted out of a tank three times. I do think that I wont be playing that "Legitiment" Versus map till the patch it up.

Also I like survivor mode.
I think the Tank at the beginning of Dead Air 4 was the game's way of making up for you guys not getting one on Dead Air 1.

Nevertheless, Dead Air is full of glitches and, frankly, I'm surprised Valve didn't catch any of them before release. The Campaign maps were much less glitchy.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I have a question, since I don't have the actual DLC/game.

The DLC came out for free, and MS has stated that free DLC will not have achievements included. Is it the same case here?

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I have a question, since I don't have the actual DLC/game.

The DLC came out for free, and MS has stated that free DLC will not have achievements included. Is it the same case here?
No. On the PC version, we now have 58 achievements compared to the 360's 51.

The Last Stand - Complete one round of Survival on The Last Stand.
Bronze Mettle - Earn a Bronze medal in Survival Mode on any official level.
Silver Bullets - Earn a Silver medal in Survival Mode on any official level.
Violence Is Golden - Earn a Gold medal in Survival Mode on any official level.
Distinguished Survivor - Earn at least a Bronze medal on every official Survival level.
Heroic Survivor - Earn at least a Silver medal on every official Survival level.
Legendary Survivor - Earn a Gold medal on every official Survival level.

Gory snake

Smash Journeyman
Actually PC is not crap. It's just crap for you. Console games can only get so good before they have outdone the basic abilities of said console then you have to go and buy a whole nother system with a whole new set of games, blah blah blah... While PC games can constantly get better with the requirement of only changing one thing at a time (unless you do a total overhaul) and you still have it for everything else plus the games... Unlike a console. PC games have constantly been far better than console games, such as Crysis... Where only two computers in the world could actually run it on high settings and one was owned by NASA. The only problem that a PC has ever had is the inability to do split screen co-op, but these are why you have lan parties.

Also PC games have always had far superior graphics than console, i.e. the Counter Strike to Xbox fiasco or the lovely lack of Half Life on Xbox. Also with the fact that PC now has the adition of a physics card, this also pushes the PC past the limit of consoles.
Let me re-phrase, MY PC is a piece of crap.

Top Bottom