• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Left 4 Dead Series (New DLC planned!)

Healer

Smash Apprentice
DLC Speculation anyone? I'm hoping for a bridge between the old survivors and the new, like Valve promised. Heavens knows Valve would never break a promise.
im bad with sarcasm but i sense some in there....ithink lolz yea

That's why ppl were pissed bout L4D2 because they promised DLC to L4D, we got it, haha a measly crash course.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
DLC Speculation anyone? I'm hoping for a bridge between the old survivors and the new]
They did say they weren't quite done with Louis, Francis, Bill and Zoey. Though I think it's likely we'll be seeing these guys.

Puddin

Smash Lord
They did say they weren't quite done with Louis, Francis, Bill and Zoey. Though I think it's likely we'll be seeing these guys.

I guess that'd be cool. Let me tell you how the story goes

"Alright, we got an escape helicopter to get us out of this Zombie Outbreak"

"WHAT THE HELL OX, YOU SHOT THE PILOT?!"

"He was infected again, durr."

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I think it'd be more interesting the one that's mostly drunk (Read their blog!) is wasted and crashes it. Or for a change of pace, they actually make it, land, but then the place gets overrun.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Rule number one about evacuating people in a zombie apocalypse: DO NOT USE NON-MILITARY HELICOPTERS (actually, just don't use choppers period). The pilot will get infected, the survivors will shoot the zombie pilot, and then they'll crash, either being stuck in a hell for longer (in the case of L4D), or wind up in an even worse hell (L4D2)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
From Kotaku

The delayed SDK for Left 4 Dead 2 has been a bummer to that robust modding community, but now they have news that softens their disappointment: When it arrives, the kit will support custom survivors, infected, weapons, you name it.

L4DMods.com says it got a look at code detailing what can be expected in the release. Let’s let them explain:

Custom models are now supported and very much a reality now! And that includes survivors, special infected, common infected and weapons. Not only that, it seems the weapon functionality can also be edited. So what does this all mean? Well it means mappers can have custom survivors, special/common infected and entirely new weapons unique to just their campaigns (i.e map side modifications, NOT server side)! The L4D modding scene just got a little more interesting boys and girls.
Oooooooh :D

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Sounds interesting. I'll probably get around to picking it up if there are better deals for it.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Because this post is so huge, I'm only going to do this sentence with a color gradient.

The new SDK features have finally given me the inspiration to do what I've been planning to do since last month:

A Star Trek campaign.

It will be eight maps, split up into two four-map campaigns. (I wouldn't want to torture you with an hour and a half of Versus.) I'm doing floor plans for the first four maps right now, and the first map is about 25% planned. I'm also drawing up lists for replacements of weapons and throwables. Here's the basic outline:

Dead Space, Part I
Boldly going... into Hell.

Map 1: "Command Center"

You start as one of four Starfleet officers on Starbase 242, celebrating a birthday in one of the officers' quarters. An alien vessel docks, carrying a crew exhibiting strange symptoms from an unknown disease. Soon after, the station is rocked by an explosion in the Medical Bay. Red Alert sounds, and officers are told to report to their posts. You make your way down the corridor when the computer starts sounding the biohazard alarm, and the turbolift system is locked down. You must search for supplies in the surrounding rooms, make your way to the nearest Jeffries Tube access hatch, and climb up to the Command Center to get information on what's going on.

Your path takes you through several twists and turns in the corridors, and various labs and lounges. Depending on how well players are doing, the EPS grid will rupture in one of two locations, forcing them to take an alternate path. Either way, main power is disabled, forcing the players navigate in red-hued darkness for the rest of the level.

Map 2: "Power Plant"

You arrive in the Command Center, which is now completely empty. Upon checking the master situation display, it appears that the Starbase's power reactor is offline, rendering communications useless and disabling the station's defenses. Your objectives are to activate emergency power to bring the turbolifts back online, get to the Power Plant, and reactivate the reactor so you can send a distress call. The catch is that the turbolifts will also be dynamic in that they can work, or that they can fail completely and drop you down to the bottom of the turboshaft, forcing you to climb through several Jeffries Tubes and corridors to get up to the Power Plant.

The Power Plant is a huge, open room with several levels of consoles. You must replace the antimatter injectors in the reactor in order to restart it. Opening the access port will trigger a rolling crescendo event that doesn't stop until you've retrieved and inserted all sixteen injectors. Once you finish, make your way up to the top level and head to the safe room in a Jeffries Tube junction.

Map 3: "Dock Control"

Climb up the Jeffries Tubes until you reach the cargo bay. Like the scrapped hedge maze idea for The Parish's "Park," the cargo placement will be in up to three different configurations with each visit. A large container blocks the exit, and you must move it with an industrial tractor beam, which triggers a standard crescendo event.

After this, you progress into the communications room and send a distress call. The U.S.S. Valhalla (a Galaxy-class starship) will respond, asking you to make your way to dock control and open the spacedoors so they can proceed. Hitting the console a second time will trigger a rolling crescendo. Head up to the control room and open the space doors to stop the flow of Infected. The safe room will be a few rooms away.

Map 4: "Valhalla"

This finale will be handled like The Parish's "Table Bridge." Upon exiting the safe room, climb down a Jeffries Tube and head down a few corridors before you come across the docking port access corridor entrance. Once you open it, you must make a run down several hallways and rooms until you reach the Valhalla and escape.

I'll reveal more on part two as I come up with it.

As for item replacement, I can really only think of a few things.

"P220" Pistol > Type-IV Phaser.
"Desert Cobra" Magnum Pistol > Type-VI Phaser.
"Uzi" Submachine Gun > Type-I Phaser Rifle.
"M-16" Assault Rifle > Type-III Phaser Rifle.
Crowbar > Hyperspanner.
Machete > Plasma Torch.
First-Aid Kit > Starfleet Medkit.
Adrenaline Shot > Hypospray.
Pipe Bomb > Photon Grenade.
Gas Can > Plasma Conduit.
Fireworks > EPS Relay.
Propane Tank > Antimatter Injector.

If anyone else would care to contribute some ideas, I'm all for it. Otherwise, I'll just leave out spawns for everything else.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I don't really know anything about Star Trek, sorry.

But you could probably remodel the survivor's into some of the characters.

I've dabbled in the L4D1 SDK a bit though, so I wouldnt mind helping in that area.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Boomer bile -> Radioactive waste?

You could probably reskin the Hazmat zombies into wearing space suits (Assuming they exist in Star Trek)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Left 4 Dead 2 DLC 'The Passing' to feature L4D1 cast

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/12/14/left-4-dead-2-dlc-the-passing-to-feature-l4d1-cast/
http://kotaku.com/5426167/first-left-4-dead-2-add+on-brings-back-bill-francis-zoey--louis

"Bill, Louis, Zoey and Francis will meet with the stars of Left 4 Dead 2 in "The Passing," which Valve VP of marketing Doug Lombardi calls "the most important campaign in the Left 4 Dead story, as all the Survivors are being called together in one campaign." It's targeted for release in early 2010 on Xbox 360 and PC.

In addition to a co-op campaign (set in rural Georgia) and a new "co-operative challenge mode of play," The Passing will offer new content for Survival, Versus and Scavenge modes. Playing as the L4D2 cast, you can also expect to encounter a new melee weapon, firearm and "uncommon common" zombie. "

Puddin

Smash Lord
Note that the DLC will feature the original four survivors being in a helicopter, the pilot becoming infected, and them crashing near the new survivors. Valve is original like that.

No really though, I'm excited as hell as an Xbro who can't mod this in to the game.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Note that the DLC will feature the original four survivors being in a helicopter, the pilot becoming infected, and them crashing near the new survivors. Valve is original like that.

No really though, I'm excited as hell as an Xbro who can't mod this in to the game.
Note that it doesn't actually say that. Those are old campaign posters.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Alright, now that I'm finally done with school (after today), I'll be able to actually play again. I miss you guys. :(

Although I'll play through campaign seeing as how it's been long enough for me to suck again. Haha.

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
o.o
Finally get to post since i -finally- get to play..I bought L4D2 almost 3 weeks ago and I'll finally (cant say that enough xp) get to play with my friends in a bit xDDD <3

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Man, was doing the "Save the gnome" achievement in the Dark Carnival campaign, got all the way to the end, running to the chopper with the gnome, the other three are on board trying to help take out the horde slowing me down, running as fast as I can because the tank's right behi-*whump* Punched by the tank, drop the gnome, and go flying into the chopper which takes off before I can jump out after the gnome. Dammit

Handorin

Smash Hero
Man, was doing the "Save the gnome" achievement in the Dark Carnival campaign, got all the way to the end, running to the chopper with the gnome, the other three are on board trying to help take out the horde slowing me down, running as fast as I can because the tank's right behi-*whump* Punched by the tank, drop the gnome, and go flying into the chopper which takes off before I can jump out after the gnome. Dammit
Not nearly as bad as getting it all the way there, then it glitches under some stuff and you can't grab it. =(

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The end result of me jockeying someone *just* as a charger grabs someone with the charger dying as he hit the wall.

Yup, that's me invisibly still riding him while he's stuck in the wall.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HaskIzjL_mg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HaskIzjL_mg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HaskIzjL_mg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HaskIzjL_mg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
I love that parody. Some people that commented actually think it's official.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Good news everybody! I may be getting this game within the next few days if I can get one more friend to agree to getting the 4-pack.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Left 4 Dead 2 Authoring tools are out!

EDIT:
Valve said:
PLAYERS: If you are not looking to design but play custom campaigns all you need to do is install the add-on support package. Just go into steam and open up the Tools tab. Look for the entry labeled Left 4 Dead 2 - Add-on Support click and install it. This download is sizable, but will update your L4D2 installation to allow running ANY map, including custom maps made for the original Left 4 Dead. Once installed, you do not need to run this application, it will always be active.

Handorin

Smash Hero
What is better?

Characters - l4d
Infected - l4d2
Witch - l4d
Maps - l4d
Map concepts - l4d2

But l4d characters are coming soon anyways, and you can port maps over (except with the l4d2 SI, they are broken @_@)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
You left out infected AI, which is much better. They no longer attack one at a time like L4D

What is better?

Characters - l4d
Infected - l4d2
Witch - l4d
Maps - l4d
Map concepts - l4d2
The Witch in L4D2 I would say is as good as in L4D. She can wander on day maps, which can make getting survivors to set her off easier (whether it's by smoking/jockeying/whatever into her or have survivors clip her at a distance thinking she's a common infected (did that a day or two ago, was shooting at a charger, ran past a lesser infected so kept shooting but oh **** a witch fffffffff)) but is also harder if she wanders off out of range.

Goddesslisa: Overall, L4d2 is better

Handorin

Smash Hero
I dunno. Day witches are so hard to piss off. You can probably stroll through the whole park hand in hand before she noticed.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer

8 Bit L4D is now available to dload :D

http://www.ericruthgames.com/

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sTTAvw0-Bms&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sTTAvw0-Bms&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I picked up L4D2 for christmas. It's pretty good, feels more polished than L4D1 but I always end up in games where people leave constantly. Every time I get to the end of versus it's just me and the bots, I forgot how unbearable this made L4D1 for me. It's a shame because it's not the game's fault at all, just the terrible community.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
I picked up L4D2 for christmas. It's pretty good, feels more polished than L4D1 but I always end up in games where people leave constantly. Every time I get to the end of versus it's just me and the bots, I forgot how unbearable this made L4D1 for me. It's a shame because it's not the game's fault at all, just the terrible community.
Play with us (us meaning hando, 4% and myself)

Top Bottom