• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Left 4 Dead Series (New DLC planned!)

4% APR

Smash Champion
That really does ruin an otherwise great game. Playing scavenge helps to combat raging too because its so much shorter.

Thino

Smash Master
true in random VS game , people ragequit too much , forcing pretty much to wait on next round for other people to join :(

meh I'm not a big fan of scavenge , I'm more of a VS *****

4% APR

Smash Champion
VS can be fun, I just don't like the scoring in this one. =/
I like the l4d2 scoring better. They added in a bonus in case of a tie, where whichever team did the most dmg as infected get like an extra 25 points.

In l4d1 there was a health bonus , where you would get extra points depending on how much health(med packs included) your team had at the end of a round. This was taken out in l4d2.

Everyone add me if you havent already. ForpersentAPR

Handorin

Smash Hero
I just hate how they can all be hobbling towards the door and they get the same amount of points as a team with full health.

And they need to take out Defibs, they are broken in a score system like this.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
That really does ruin an otherwise great game. Playing scavenge helps to combat raging too because its so much shorter.
I rarely find any scavenge games going :c

I just hate how they can all be hobbling towards the door and they get the same amount of points as a team with full health.
They won't, because the team who did the most damage gets 50 bonus points

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
i'm writing my music paper on the left 4 dead musical cues. writing a paper has never been so much fun.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Dun dun dunnnnn, DUN DUN DUNNNNNN sort of music usually means a tank, ect

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
You should share it with us. It sounds kinda interesting
Haha, it's hardly worth reading. but I just discussed leitmotifs and how the "Bacteria" sounds from Left 4 Dead signifying different infected spawning. The most obvious example is the witch's theme.

i dont even know what the musical cues mean. :(
Go here: http://www.youtube.com/user/ToastedWaffle18 and check out the "bacteria" sounds. You'll recognize them as the musical cues for when each infected spawns.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Double post, sorry. But we need to get this L4D community back up on its feet. I'm resorting to playing with my girl friends and they can't really do much...

4% APR

Smash Champion
I'm up for playing most of the time I'm home. Everyone add me if you haven't. ForpersentAPR

Puddin

Smash Lord
Pub games are the spice of life. Delicious Spice when 4 total strangers band together and set aside their differences to overcome the other team in Versus.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Other than a few minor bug fixes and tweaks, the two "big" things added was Bots for infected team (so it's not just one special vs 4 survivors ;_; ) and they also made it so during finale's there's no more forced spawning.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Reduced effectiveness of melee weapons against the Tank ( 5% of max health, from 10% )

This is pretty good.

DCLXVI

Smash Apprentice
Interesting updates. I guess the Inf bots could help, but I doubt they really do much unless you get lucky. Then again, I have only played Campaign for a while. I always liked the force spawn in finales, as it gave the survivors a chance if they were smart and quick enough. I don't understand why the melee weapons were downgraded though. If you get close enough to the tank to hit it, it can hit you much harder. Was there some way to take advantage of this that was being exploited?

Handorin

Smash Hero
If all 4 survivors rush a tank with melee weapons....you're done. It only took 10 hits. You are probably only going to hit 1-2 survivors, so in the mean time you are getting hit. Then you try to hit the others, but the others are back at you now.

The tank isn't as **** as it is in l4d. It takes a lot more teamwork now.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Interesting updates. I guess the Inf bots could help, but I doubt they really do much unless you get lucky. Then again, I have only played Campaign for a while. I always liked the force spawn in finales, as it gave the survivors a chance if they were smart and quick enough.
The problem was in a number of finales (Dark Carnival, The Parish, even No Mercy) you'd spawn in horrible places, such as right in front of a survivor, out in the open, or in The Parish really far away from the survivors.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I don't mind going back to the original.

I just...have to be not at work....and we got snow so I'll be trapped there for the next 2 days. Heck I might even have to sleep there. :mad:

P.S. Dominos

Top Bottom