• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Hype!!

finalark

SNORLAX
Okay, I've played for a bit and I must say...
this game should've been named "Legend of Zelda: Yawn of the Bored"...

It's boring. Incredibly slow and boring. The map is big just for the sake of being big. Final boss battle against Ragequitter Ganon is basically garbage and so is this version of Zelda it seems. SS Zelda still holds her place as the best incarnation of Zelda ever. I'm trading this thing for Mario Kart or Puyo Puyo Tetris once I'm done with it.

Also, for any Smash 5 speculation, there's no BotW versions of Sheik and Ganondorf so chances of the Zelda reps being updated to those just dissipated.

Just give us Skyward Sword HD, Aonuma.
TBH, I figured that this was going to be a common complaint. Its really not a game for everyone. If you really don't like traveling and exploring for the sake of traveling and exploring BotW is bound to get boring for you.

Its really just WW all over again in that regard.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
TBH, I figured that this was going to be a common complaint. Its really not a game for everyone. If you really don't like traveling and exploring for the sake of traveling and exploring BotW is bound to get boring for you.

Its really just WW all over again in that regard.
At the very least WW had the music to make you feel like a badass while sailing even though it'd take forever to sail from Point A to Point B. The warp points and Paraglider help but not much. This game just isn't for me.

finalark

SNORLAX
At the very least WW had the music to make you feel like a badass while sailing even though it'd take forever to sail from Point A to Point B. The warp points and Paraglider help but not much. This game just isn't for me.
On that note, minimalism as a style is really love-it-or-hate it too.

TBH I'm honest this game is getting such universal praise. While I certainly love it, I expected it to be a lot more divisive after playing it. I personally know three people who don't like it.

Last edited:

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
The lack of good music is really hurting this game for me. If you were to ask me, it doesn't feel like a Zelda game at all. It feels like Aonuma tried too hard to appeal to westerners with this game.

Also, I don't like how
he basically turned Ganon into a ragequitter.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've often found the Lynel to be very intimidating after seeing some images and videos of how even the weakest variants can slaughter you right off the bat. However, it seems that the following video shows a way to defeat them directly without being spotted at all.

Now obviously, this player went up against the weakest Lynel variant, which has 2000 HP, and the Lynel Bow (10x3 power) that it leaves behind is less powerful than the Great Eagle Bow (28x3 power).

Also, some Lynel are located at areas where it's too hot or too cold to use the Sheikah armor without using the proper supplies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'm loving Breath of the Wild. I keep getting lost and dying. This hasn't happened to me since the NES games. And I now appreciate the permanent weapons, shields, clothes, and the ubiquitous rupees and hearts in older Zelda games.

Oh, and the Old Man for Smash! Yes, I want him in Smash. He could use the Rune abilities.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Just as a bit of a side note, in regards to combating the Lynel. The stealth kill method only works against the standard Lynel, as the stronger Lynel variants (Blue-Maned Lynel, White-Maned Lynel, Silver Lynel) are much more aware of their surroundings; they will catch on to the sneak attack strategy rather quickly, so don't expect that kind of strategy to help you defeat them.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Just as a bit of a side note, in regards to combating the Lynel. The stealth kill method only works against the standard Lynel, as the stronger Lynel variants (Blue-Maned Lynel, White-Maned Lynel, Silver Lynel) are much more aware of their surroundings; they will catch on to the sneak attack strategy rather quickly, so don't expect that kind of strategy to help you defeat them.
Hylian Shield is rather sturdy when fighting them and holds up pretty well against the Silver Lynel in the coliseum. granted I've been firing arrows at him to weaken him down a bit but the Lightning bolts he fires when you are found and trying to dodge the attacks with the jump button are inefficient imo. Also those lighting bolts he shoots up into the sky go through roofs somehow and still land directly onto you? this honestly does make any sense.. :confused:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I take offense to that since I can consistently kill Lynels with Perfect Dodges.
It's still rather difficult for me to execute them with their wide range and charge attacks. I'm able to do it a few times just not consistently able to pull it off and then use up more food and potions just to make sure I don't get killed with the amount of damage they do.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
While I never did officially confront a Blue-Maned Lynel, last night I was able to defeat a White-Maned Lynel. And just today, I took down three Silver Lynel; they began to appear after I defeated a spear-wielding White-Maned Lynel.

I've only fought the Lynel who use one-handed swords and shields, or spears though.

I take offense to that since I can consistently kill Lynels with Perfect Dodges.
Timing is everything though, and it should also be noted that Stasis+ is only good against the standard Red-Maned Lynel, and the Blue-Maned Lynel. Stasis+'s effects wear off much faster against the White-Maned Lynel, and the Silver Lynel, making it pretty much ineffective for fighting them.

On a side note, Daruk's Protection makes fighting the stronger Lynel easier, but once it's all used up, you'll need to have some strong shields to block the Lynel's attacks.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
It's still rather difficult for me to execute them with their wide range and charge attacks. I'm able to do it a few times just not consistently able to pull it off and then use up more food and potions just to make sure I don't get killed with the amount of damage they do.
All those combat shrines really improved my reaction time.

Of course, I'm not perfect, but I can do it consistently enough to not even need Mipha's Grace against a silver one.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Not once has Mipha's Grace ever activated on my end. Part of it has to do with how I often try to keep my health full after a battle. And since I also have Daruk's Protection, that also helps in keeping my health safe.

Of course, I take pretty much any Lynel that I face seriously. And while some people don't like to do this, I have also done some armor changing during fights to adapt to any situation. I did begin with the Ancient armor set and Ancient weapons for my first set of Lynel bouts, but I have also learned to utilize the Barbarian armor set whenever a Flurry Rush opportunity rises, or whenever the Lynel is stunned long enough to mount on it to deal additional damage.

Still, I've only had experience facing the Lynel who use single-handed swords and spears, but I'm pretty sure that I'll have to be a lot more cautious against the ones who use the Savage Lynel Crusher.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
What happens if your Hylian Shield breaks? Is it lost forever or can you get another one in Hyrule Castle after the Blood Moon? Or do I get another one from that guy in Tarrey Town?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
What happens if your Hylian Shield breaks? Is it lost forever or can you get another one in Hyrule Castle after the Blood Moon? Or do I get another one from that guy in Tarrey Town?
You can rebuy it from Grante in Tarrey Town but only after you complete all the sidequests for Tarrey Town

Top Bottom