• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lets talk about buffering

Bones0

Smash Legend
One thing I cannot explain yet is that "jump out of tumble" sometimes cannot be buffered.

I have been testing with the same attack at the same damage on the same character.
In this example: f-tilt started at frame 100 = cannot buffer, yet f-tilt started at frame 101 = can buffer

Might be a controller issue or something weird in my set up though.
Would you care to test perfect ledgedashes for the whole cast? Ledge jumps can vary a good amount depending on whether you grabbed the ledge from a double jump or up-B (and maybe other ways), but no one has really explored it. If you don't get what I'm talking about, go pick Captain Falcon and up-B on to the ledge. Then, taking as much time as you need to, try to ledge dash. It takes him a noticeable amount of frames before he is above the ledge and can airdodge. Now if you repeat the trial after double jumping onto the ledge (or maybe just single jumping; like I said, there may be other factors), you will notice that he gets above the ledge much faster and can therefore airdodge sooner, and can therefore ledgedash with more actionable invincibility frames. All I know is it is a result of the character's collision box being based on their collision box prior to grabbing the ledge. So because Falcon's collision box during his DJ is smaller than during his up-B, he can ledgedash faster with up-B. I'm guessing single jumping onto the ledge would also be different, and moves like spacies' side-Bs could affect their ledgedashes as well. Knowing how to grab the ledge for the optimal ledgedash, and simply knowing how many frames of invincibility a perfect ledgedash yields would be extremely useful information if you are up to the task. :bee:

Top Bottom