• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Light House Game Nights - Sunday is Race night!

tko112

Smash Lord
Alright I hosted some Brawl tonight. Here's the players:

GwJumpman
SupaSairento27
yoshi8984
John2k4
tko112

Those are the names they went by in the xat, so I'm not totally sure if they all match their forum names. The only one I don't recognize is tko112.
tko112 would be me, my friend, but anyways, GGs here, nvr thought i would be so lucky this since I haven't brawl in two years

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Just letting everyone that my logs have been updated to last night's games. I'll update them again tomorrow morning and post some announcements and stuff about this project.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Yes I did. I just didn't know we got awards for these things. I didn't even know SWF had an award system, lol.

Speaking of which, we totally duked on kids and I got the SALTIEST hate mail of all time. :awesome:

John2k4

The End of an Era
Hey F8AL, are you able to tell us how many participation points we have? ;)

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Yes I did. I just didn't know we got awards for these things. I didn't even know SWF had an award system, lol.

Speaking of which, we totally duked on kids and I got the SALTIEST hate mail of all time. :awesome:
17-3 one game, and 20 (something) - 3 another if I'm not mistaken another game.

That kid was SO salty.

We should play again. And you should definitely participate in these. :D Tons of fun. Meet new peoples.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I lack too many games for me to participate much. But we shall see.

And yo, I hate trying to clutch it in Search. The pressure man, the pressure!

Shoutout to my ability to dodge shotgun blasts in a 1 foot wide area. No idea how that guy on Scrapyard didn't kill me.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Heh, I would, but people get annoyed when I try to play Wii this late at night... :p

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
That's the thing though, 3 gnasher shots won't even get you three kills anymore.
As i've pointed out in the GoW3 thread, EPIC might as well be saying this. "Hey we finally fixed that Gnasher after 6 TU's and a brand new game, BUT THEN WE ADDED THE SAWED OFF TO MAKE EVERYTHING MORE DIFFICULT WITH EVEN MORE BROKEN RANGE AND KILLING POWER!"

And the thing with SO users, they Know that they'll live in a Gnasher vs SO battle. So 90% of the time they will literally Walk up to you, let you fire off one shot as they live from it only for you to get killed by their SO from a mile away.
And that "Pull out Ranged Weapon" BS hardly counts in this game since the whole enemy team is mostly pre-made and know not to sit back and twiddle their thumbs as we lancer/Hammerburst them but to rush in kill as many as possible with the SO while grabbing all the Power weapons and continue roaming the map as they still know they'll live from Gnasher rounds. (And if they're getting shot down by an AR just pull out that power weapon and you'll either stay in cover to avoid that torque bow/Sniper shot or run away from the digger/boomshot)
Bull. Crowded hallway, battle on the point, any congested area, etc, Gnasher is still perfectly capable of getting three for three as I've done it. If some smartass thinks he's going to run up to SO range, he's going to get punked unless he's snuck up behind me. With a good shot, you can take him out (not hard seeing as he's running right at you), or you can back up and kite him with multiple shots, or you can pull out your other weapon and gun him down.

The SO is not overpowered at all. In fact, due to it's clip size, it's a worse option compared to Gnasher in most situations and all the time in objective based games.

Also, what the hell? If they've got five people talking and you don't that's to their advantage, fair enough. However, should you also have that going for you, then you can easily pin Joe Shmoe and his SO down with one man or even ignore him as he's doing nothing behind that corner.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Okay, everything has been updated. And here are the announcements I wanted to make about this project:

1. ZIO and I have been discussing possible replacements for some of the current LH postbits; the host and NES ones.

Here is what we currently have:

Here are the possible replacements:

(For anyone not familiar with this, this is what appears next to every player's stuff when you pull up the scoreboard in a CoD game. It shows the player's latency.) <--- Possible replacement for the current host one.

(The mascot for the Famicom in Japan: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_Computer_Disk_System) <--- Possible replacement for the current NES one.

2. Playing PO and participating in the Mystery Egg Events will no longer be eligible for participation points and will be dropped from all future schedules due to a lack of activity/participation.

3. Just wanted to clarify something: Participating/playing in more than one game per night will no longer net you additional participation points.

4. What do you guys think of possible "double participation points" nights? (I don't think I need to explain this...)

Please offer feedback/opinions/suggestions etc., thanks in advance.

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
I'm hyped for Tetris tonight!

And personally, I like the two postbits we already have better than the new ones, but the host one isn't bad and it makes sense. Double participation is a good idea imo.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Eh, I don't really think we need a double participation night unless it's for a big game. For instance, the launch of MW3 could have a double participation night.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Ilike the old ones. Although I'm curious about an idea in terms of the events we play and getting post bits. Like getting an extra post bit that represents an event we play.

Example:

Like tonight is Tetris night. If we played that we get a Tetris piece symbol to represent that that user has played at a Tetris event.

Wheel or something for races, glove/fist etc for fighters and so forth.

What would others think of this?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Eh, I don't think that's a good idea. Soon we'll see people with a postbit for CoD, Brawl, Tetris, etc...

Postbits aren't supposed to be that plentiful.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I'm hyped for Tetris tonight!

And personally, I like the two postbits we already have better than the new ones, but the host one isn't bad and it makes sense. Double participation is a good idea imo.
What is your username on Tetris friends?

Eh, I don't really think we need a double participation night unless it's for a big game. For instance, the launch of MW3 could have a double participation night.
Yeah, I agree.

Ilike the old ones. Although I'm curious about an idea in terms of the events we play and getting post bits. Like getting an extra post bit that represents an event we play.

Example:

Like tonight is Tetris night. If we played that we get a Tetris piece symbol to represent that that user has played at a Tetris event.

Wheel or something for races, glove/fist etc for fighters and so forth.

What would others think of this?
Eh, I don't think that's a good idea. Soon we'll see people with a postbit for CoD, Brawl, Tetris, etc...

Postbits aren't supposed to be that plentiful.
^
What he said.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
That sounds good.

I heard a few complaints with the ones we had, and since the hostbit was just a recolor of the goldbit, I thought it could do some change.

But if y'all like it, we can keep it.

I'm only trying to make everything as alluring as possible to reach maximum interest for this thing.

Also - Jumpman is right. This isn't a factory. These are supposed to be badges. If we had all those, we'd be getting folks with profiles of a cluster****. They were originally meant to be something special. Let's keep them that way.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Current NES icon should stay.

I don't particularly care which host postbit is used as long as it matches up (size-wise).

Uh, I may not be able to participate in Tetris as a headsup (F8AL and Yars).

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I'm not a huge fan of either host postbit. If you use the latency bars though, you might want to cut off the smallest 2, I feel like that postbit is just significantly wider than the rest as it is now.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
I'm curious when Tetris night starts too, though...it might not be very fun for you guys to play with me for very long :p

I'll pop in for a little while though

tko112

Smash Lord
to everyone whos asking about Tetris night, me and F8AL are currently online right now, so you guys who want to participate can jump in at anytime, cuz we're about to start

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
@Dallas:

http://www.tetrisfriends.com/

register, make an account, add F8al, then go into the arena mode. He'll invite you to their game room.

also, I'm totally broken tier for tetris nights. too bad there isn't a teamplay option, cuz i'd take on everybody at once. XP

Top Bottom