• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Light House Game Nights - Sunday is Race night!

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Basically play it like DotA, don't die and try to get picks when you can. Pushing wins the game.

Every character has a grapple on their secondary weapon alt fire. You just need to be next to someone and do it, and it's around a 3-4 second disable that does damage. The character I play pretty much exclusively also has 2 skills that grapple, so I'm pretty good at getting into range and getting the grab. Apparently good enough that someone thought I was hacking, which doesn't even make sense.

The best beginner character is Gunner, max offense and defense first with you missile third. Should be pretty close to impossible to lose with Gunner most of the time, unless your team is atrocious.

Oh, also every 5 minutes there's an active that destroys all enemy bots in the top middle of maps. You should try to control that, for obvious reasons.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Now that the 1.2 update for Minecraft is in, some of us should try hooking up in a MC server and goof around and various other things that MC is good for. non?
I'll turn my Minecraft server on tomorrow; anyone is welcome to use it.

--

OMGPOP would be a great thing to do tomorrow. :awesome:

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Iggy, Kal and I are about to play SMNC

For future reference does SMNC count as a shooter?

edit- Because of a patch issue with SMNC, i wasnt able to play. Kal and I are playing portal right now, instead.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
This project is no longer being supported.

I would like to thank everyone who helped out and participated in this and got the postbits while they were available/in limited quantities.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm sorry, but what happened?

I need an explanation on why this was recently shut down.
If I'm to understand this correctly, F8al and Tery were the ones keeping logs for those who participated or something akin to that.

Since they're both gone now, I assume no one was there to keep things in check.

But now CK has volunteered his time to do that in F8al's stead.

D

Deleted member

Iggy, Kal and I are about to play SMNC

For future reference does SMNC count as a shooter?

edit- Because of a patch issue with SMNC, i wasnt able to play. Kal and I are playing portal right now, instead.

I should join you guys in SMNC sometime, lag be damned

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I think we can make this a lot smoother by having a sign up. Whenever a game is coming (such as tonight), everyone signs up with whomever is suggesting the game. Then, I can get all names for possible awards and people who fulfilled the requirements.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
How is it complex? Watch this:

Who wants to play Tribes: Ascend tonight. If you do, respond with "I am in for Tribes: Ascend" in bold and include your user name and times.

D

Deleted member

I dont really see how a sign up is required. we can step down from the "this is a _____ night" if that's what you mean.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
so were allowed to play any game any night?

or is there a set pc night, fighter night, etc.?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I think see where you're getting at.

You can play any type of game on every night, right?

Or is it that you play one different game every night?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
So basically we can schedule games for different nights? Like I can say, "Starcraft tomorrow night!", let people sign up, then after we finish playing, CK awards based on the sign up list?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
That really does sound better.

And if it is not what you mean, we might have a little debate on whether it should stay as it was in the beginning or not, ck.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
The previous format had some games I play on nights I was unavailable on and F8al forgot about Tetris after a while. Not to mention free play nights were almost always Saturdays, lol.

This should work out a bit better. :)

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I guess it is up to Crimson King but are you going to come up with more postbits after 50 program just keep it as it is? Regardless I'm still going to play until I leave for Japan.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

One thing I liked about F8AL's Game Nights was that there was a schedule, so that I could plan ahead. With the set-up that CK's proposing, that's a bit harder.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Yeah, that's true.

Though I guess you could plan ahead though. For example, you could always say something like "Who wants to play Tetris on Friday night?" or something of that nature.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Let me pregace this with this is drunk CK. This may not be true.

So as many games as you wnat on one night, just be sure to call your night
so if it's Friday (it's not), then you say "HEY for saturaday let's play banana" everyone signs up for bana.a

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Let me pregace this with this is drunk CK. This may not be true.

So as many games as you wnat on one night, just be sure to call your night
so if it's Friday (it's not), then you say "HEY for saturaday let's play banana" everyone signs up for bana.a
I know this is off topic, but I would really like to subscribe to Drunk CK's newsletter.

On topic, I like the new system you're proposing, and I hope to become more active.

I would like to propose (if I can) that maybe someone can keep track of certain games coming out and maybe suggest them for certain days in the weekend or plan for the weekend.

Example: Mass Effect 3 comes out Tuesday. It has Co-OP Multiplayer. I personally wouldn't expect everyone getting the game to play the Co-OP portion that day, seeing as it's mainly a single player game. But maybe later in the week or the weekend, a meetup/game night for it?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Sometimes I'm unaware game nights are happening until it says "Today is X Night!" and I'm like "Oh **** I should do that"

Signing up would not work for me.

Just use F8AL's system. It's easy enough. Just need someone that's familiar with it to run it.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
If people do it in advance, then it shouldn't be a problem. Maybe a rule of a day or two between the act of scheduling the night and actually playing the night could work, and each night could get a title change for each game.

Or you could also just read the thread.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Yes. I don't see any issue with keeping things as they were.

It showed no flaws and worked. There's no reason to change just because this "management" is changing.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I dunno, I like the idea of having a schedule of events for the week. It gives you something to plan and look forward to.

But that's just me.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Someone said they wre afraid it would devalue postbits. I think We should work on a way to award them in a manner that is conducive to good awards.

I also hated the old system. It was cool having "PC game nights" or whatever, but most of the time it would be very scattered. I like the idea of people saying tomorrow "Hey, I want a game on Wednesday of _____" there' sno game called blank.

I typed this with very few errors. Suck it.

Top Bottom