• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Light House Game Nights - Sunday is Race night!

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Huzzah

Also, what multiplayer games would work for puzzle night? I can't think of anything besides Portal 2 and maybe Tetris online.

Maybe sandbox games or something should be tied with puzzle nights to expand the library a bit.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Ever play Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo? Yeah.

I'd be willing to classify Minecraft as that, or add sandbox type games. What other games would fall under sandbox?

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Hey, would you mind updating the OP to represent the rewards as they are now?

Just annoying to see something we no longer have and for me be reminded I spent a ton of time on something that's no longer in use. :glare:

Oh, and if you need anything in terms of graphic design, I'm open for help. I even feel the OP pic should be changed, in all honesty, to also represent the games played today.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Yeah I guess i should update that :rolleyes:

expected to be changing things up this week, but instead have been doing some well deserved R&R. If you want to do some graphic design stuff, ZIO, I'd be willing to take a look at your work and possibly using it.

The sad thing about the O/P is that i'm going to be removing literally half the stuff in there without anything to replace it...

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Here's some sandbox games off the top of my head that are multiplayer and online:
Garry's Mod, Minecraft, Terraria, Blackland, Roblox, Cube 2: Saurbraten

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Yeah I guess i should update that :rolleyes:

expected to be changing things up this week, but instead have been doing some well deserved R&R. If you want to do some graphic design stuff, ZIO, I'd be willing to take a look at your work and possibly using it.

The sad thing about the O/P is that i'm going to be removing literally half the stuff in there without anything to replace it...
It is your project and burden now. You do as you see fit, my friend. Add or remove as much as you like, it's not my choice to make.

I'm only offering some help in the design field.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Ever play Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo? Yeah.

I'd be willing to classify Minecraft as that, or add sandbox type games. What other games would fall under sandbox?
My God if we can play this for credit I will be here all night.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Well hit me up on skype, i'd like to hear your ideas
Do we know each other on skype?

Hey, I won't be available for that until friday afternoon.

If anything, I'd only like to give the title image a redo.

We can discuss other things that we can conceive from there on.

:bee:

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I might consider getting Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD remix, or whatever the psn one is called. Never heard of the game before, though. Anyone here plays? I'm guessing John. :)

Also, can I be reminded about the rules with netplay via emulators? Is it a no-go even for free-play nights?

John2k4

The End of an Era
I remember asking F8AL about that, and he said that it wouldn't count towards LHGN points.

But I'll still play you over emulator regardless. =P

I've only played the arcade version of it - did the remake change much?

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
No idea, I don't plan to buy it now. Probably not until next week at the soonest. :( (pretty busy with stuff)

Yeah, I remember f8al saying it didn't count for something but I was just making sure for the free-play nights. If both people had bought the game, making it perfectly legal, I don't exactly see what de-legitimizes it.

Edit: Oh btw the emulator was on a separate note. I wasn't talking about playing Super Puzzle Fighter over netplay considering I've never owned it. ;) Just like, smash64 or puzzle league or something.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Yeah, I remember f8al saying it didn't count for something but I was just making sure for the free-play nights. If both people had bought the game, making it perfectly legal, I don't exactly see what de-legitimizes it.
SWF doesn't support piracy, so making emulated copies okay for game nights would be going against that.
Having a real physical copy of the game and backing that up doesn't change that fact either.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Hm, I had thought that backing up the memory of your own, bought game was completely legal. It'd be like buying a cd and then not being allowed to copy the music onto your own computer, imo.

But I completely understand, considering most people get access to the ROMs illegally and I'm uncertain of the legitimacy of the emulators themselves - in terms of legality. Having the game nights endorse emulator netplay would encourage this piracy, which obviously isn't a good thing. I just have some of my old games manually backed up, so I was just wondering.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
SWF doesn't support piracy, so making emulated copies okay for game nights would be going against that.
Having a real physical copy of the game and backing that up doesn't change that fact either.

Well, it is true that SWF doesn't support piracy. However, I don't see any issue with the platform that you play your games on. I am just going to go out and say that there will be zero tolerance for discussions about how to obtain anything (emulator, rom, etc), any help setting up anything, or any advertising about wanting help. PM someone or IM them, keep it out of the thread. Other than that, I hope you are obtaining all stuff legally, but I won't ask.

Do we know each other on skype?

Hey, I won't be available for that until friday afternoon.

If anything, I'd only like to give the title image a redo.

We can discuss other things that we can conceive from there on.

:bee:
My skype is in my profile (or alternatively my SN is sveetx). I have stopped using AIM and only exclusively use Steam chat and Skype now (and FB chat).

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Okay Sveet. You should probably put that rule in the op so new people can take note of it. I guess I'll just report the player lists for that as "Netplay" as to not have further discussion about the game in this thread.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Well just list it as the game name. I don't care what platform its played on, unless that night happens to be a platform specific night.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Oh forgot to mention, for fighter night Riddle and I played Battle Capacity.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Sorry for the late update, been at work!

Kal and I will be playing SMNC soon if anyone wants to join in (iggy?)

BSP

Smash Legend
ok then

Player List: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
BSP
Jnig
Lee Martin
Brawlman1000
xMARx the best diddy
Turazrok
Adam!
gunnermaniac
Vforextreme
Okuser

John2k4

The End of an Era
Tournaments don't count. Everything has to be played online.
Well you're playing with others from SWF, which was the main goal of the Game Nights...

I'll talk to you on Steam about it in just a bit.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i don't think that tournaments should be allowed tbh

since i'm sure the point of this is not going out to play smash with others which is considered normal in this site

but instead playing other games with others outside of smash tournaments

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Yeah pretty much Rei.

I believe F8AL didn't even allow lighthouse tournaments or online smash tournaments. If you are just playing for fun, online, that is fine, but definitely it must be online.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Mario Kart 7:
Brickbox
Mario_and_Sonic_Guy
Gatlin
Z'zgashi
SuperMetroid44

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Would you mind my asking what your VR is in that game? And if you know the other players, that's great. I may join one of these nights if I feel I am up to snuff with a clan.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
VR=play time so it doesnt really=skill

MSG has 20k
I have 19k
and everyone else has something between 10k and 15k :)

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
MOTHER OF GOD

I haven't played nearly that much I only have 4000 vr :(

I would get tossed like a salad if I played with y'all

Top Bottom