• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Light House Game Nights - Sunday is Race night!

John2k4

The End of an Era
This is going to devolve into pointless arguing. Might be best to drop it and move on.. =(

It's great that CK stepped up to revive this, and Sveet has more or less taken it over. I'll be here to assist Sveet when he needs a hand.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Just ignore the troll. If he continues to derail the thread, I'll have someone remove him.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
All I can say is I'm indeed grateful CK allowed this to continue and sveet coming up to continue where F8AL left off. Regardless of changes I enjoyed playing with those who also participated in the events. Heck if I wouldn't had mind helping. Due to transfer leave then going to Japan then will be going out to sea is why I cannot assist right now.

This phone needs to stop auto assuming and correcting me. =\

:phone:

BSP

Smash Legend
err, never mind, just caught up

Sveet, I saw your post on postbits. Have you thought about using something like AiB's ladder badges for the postbits? For example, for AiB's ladder, you get badges for how many different opponents you've played. For # of opponents played, the system rewards you early on (badge for 20 and 50 opponents) but then gets much more difficult and requires much more effort to get more badges(100, 150, 200, 300, and then 500 (X_x)). We could do the same for the postbit levels here.

I'll just link you: http://allisbrawl.com/fun/allbadges.aspx?tla=1 ; looking at ladder novice, pro, master, grandmaster, great-grandmaster, boss, and legend

If we had something like this, with less opportunities that counted towards postbits, they'd get more value, and still encourage people to participate with rewards in sight. For example, if you had four postbits for 10, 30, 60, and 100 (just examples) official game nights, and only 3 or 4 official game nights a week, it'd take a good amount of effort to reach the best postbit, and still encourage activity.

Food for thought.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
As the second post says, I think Sveet is going with the old schedule until something concrete is set up.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Please show me where people have stepped up to take action in this thread prior to Crimson King's choice of changes. I am not regarding Crimson King a "hero", I am correcting your point of view by showing you that if not for Crimson King's choice to revive this thread, there would be no continuation, regardless of whether the standards would fall under your expectations. But it appears to me you believe your view is perfect and trying to discuss this with you further is just another reminder of why hosting projects for something like a community of gamers is so difficult.
You do realize that the thread was closed right after F8AL told everyone about this, right? And that ZIO stated that CK was reviving the project in F8AL's place pretty soon after it got opened again, right? People didn't have time to do anything about it. No one (well, as far as I know lol.) was expecting something like this. You can't expect someone to pick up something like this in 4 hours, especially on a Saturday.

I'm pretty sure someone would have asked about it and asked if they could revive it if it was locked for more than 4 hours on a Saturday.

D

Deleted member

he means before "it" happened at all.

can we just drop the issue and get back to playing games?

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
K done. Dunno where to upload this, so I guess I'll just keep it for now.

As for future reference, everyone who hosts from now on should post the player list like so.

Player List: Gears of Team Fortress 64
Sephiroths Masamune
Sveet
Terywj
The Paprika Killer

This helps ALOT!

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Alright, really good work on that Seph. I'm sure everyone who wants to resume the game nights appreciates it a lot. :)

I'll be sure to post that way if I do host in the future, too.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Me and Tery played together at a different time this evening too.

Just sayin'.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Updated everything up to this post.

Who do I talk to, to give Bionic his 20 game post bit?
For the moment, postbits won't be updated since the numbers will probably change soon. Bionic, if you really want your 20 postbit for these few days, just let me know and i'll get it to you.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Crimson King got back to me, and the awards are at 25 games and 50 games, Sveet. ;)

Top Bottom