• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Linguini Presents: Melee, Lovin Da Hitsun - 09/27/08

SynikaL

Smash Lord
You mean the one in Kansas, hosted by Darkrain?

BTW, so you know, I talked to Swen and he's either going to be the one picking you up or dropping you off to your house (Gigs) we haven't fully decided yet.

*edit*

Okay, I see the tourney in Georgia.

I'll go if I can get someone to drive. I hate driving.

-Kimosabae

Linguini

Smash Master
Yeah....dr.mario is mad good in melee, hes got chaingrabs on shiek, falco,and fox(owned) and either beats or goes even with most of the cast.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
You mean the one in Kansas, hosted by Darkrain?

BTW, so you know, I talked to Swen and he's either going to be the one picking you up or dropping you off to your house (Gigs) we haven't fully decided yet.

*edit*

Okay, I see the tourney in Georgia.

I'll go if I can get someone to drive. I hate driving.

-Kimosabae
we just need a ride to orlando or gaineville. our ride right now is exarch if we can get to him he'll drive all the way to ATL. or if we get to orlando hiroshi or whoever is going can get us to exarch from orlando. so far its exarch me linguini colbol hungry and hiroshi. right now thier maybe on going. pretty sure colbol is going and the rest are maybies

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
not really. it's still in the appeal process.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii#Legal_issues

there's nothing about a gamecube controller here.

Interlink Electronics filed a patent-infringement lawsuit against Nintendo over the pointing functionalities of the Wii Remote, claiming "loss of reasonable royalties, reduced sales and/or lost profits as a result of the infringing activities" of Nintendo.[91] Law firm Green Welling LLP filed a class action lawsuit against Nintendo for its "defective wrist straps".[92] A Texas-based company called Lonestar Inventions has also sued Nintendo, claiming that the company copied one of Lonestar's patented capacitor designs and used it in the Wii console.[93]

Anascape Ltd, a Texas-based firm, also filed a lawsuit against Nintendo for patent infringements regarding Nintendo's controllers.[94] A July 2008 verdict found that a ban would be issued preventing Nintendo from selling the Classic Controller in the United States. Nintendo is free to continue selling the Classic Controller pending an appeal to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.[95]

On August 19, 2008 Hillcrest Laboratories Inc. filed a complaint against Nintendo with the U.S International Trade Commission. The complaint alleges that the Wii Remote infringes on three of its patents. A fourth Hillcrest patent for graphical interfaces displayed on television screens is also alleged to have been violated. Hillcrest seeks a ban on Wii consoles imported to the U.S.[96]
maybe the classic's but the gamecube controllers and wavebirds are definitely out of production.

the patent infringement has been on going for a while and has been on a hold.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
what everyone said here is soooo true, and as a doc main I know doc is very good against high tier character. But lets be honest here. We all live in FL... home of the techskill. A beginer in melee, using a chacacter like doc is going to have a HARRRDDDD time with falcons,spacies,marths,shieks... oh my. If you take any advise go with colin's... just play who you like to play, all im saying is that, if you're serious, and you're going to be spending money in tourney, doc is not a wise choice. If I could go back 5 years I would have started and only played marth/spacies. Instead I chosed doc, then later mained falcon/doc.

oh and GDX, im melee theirs a huge gap between above average and average then eventually below average. Let me give you an example

Above average: xYz
Average: Col Bol
Below average: sheermadness.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
oh and GDX, im melee theirs a huge gap between above average and average then eventually below average. Let me give you an example

Above average: xYz
Average: Col Bol
Below average: sheermadness
...lol

10:laugh:

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
I'd like to see your doc, you'll have a fresh approach. sometimes veterans restrict their style of play with phobias that only exist against certain opponents (but for good reason hehe).

Learning with a character you like first is a good idea; when you pick up other characters, you'll have someone to compare them to and be able to appreciate the different strengths/weaknesses and ideas behind each character. Ah, the luxury of whiffing attacks with spacies.

Zoro

Smash Champion
I think its easier to learn the game if you use high tiers i didnt learn anything till i picked up falco. but if you wanna play doc i think you can do it that way too.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
I think its easier to learn the game if you use high tiers i didnt learn anything till i picked up falco. but if you wanna play doc i think you can do it that way too.
same,
i didn't learn anything untill i picked up sheik?
and sheik is beastly.

Top Bottom