• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I love it when I d-throw an opponent and they spot dodge instead of jumping and I get a free f-smash, actually.
Or on falcons, when they don't air dodge in time and I can d-throw->u-tilt->regrab. Just falcons and d-throws are fun in general tbh.
I'm getting like, D-throw D-tilt F-air F-smash on Falcon. That's 55% if he doesn't jump (which gets owned by other things iirc). He cannot airdodge any portion of this string.

To get really fancy, you could also throw in a SHFF N-air after the F-air instead of F-smash, and if they miss the tech, you arrow, and then Dash F-smash for a total of 70%.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I'm getting like, D-throw D-tilt F-air F-smash on Falcon. That's 55% if he doesn't jump (which gets owned by other things iirc). He cannot airdodge any portion of this string.

To get really fancy, you could also throw in a SHFF N-air after the F-air instead of F-smash, and if they miss the tech, you arrow, and then Dash F-smash for a total of 70%.
Looks like Falcon got what he wanted...get it?

I'll go now...

So I went over the general patch notes that were gathered for 1.0.8, and damn. Diddy was completely destroyed. Even Zero says that he went from a top character to a mid tier character. You gotta feel sorry for the poor Diddy mains. All that said, there were no changes to Shiek. Just...why? Eh, I guess that still works better for us since there's less competition.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Looks like Falcon got what he wanted...get it?

I'll go now...

So I went over the general patch notes that were gathered for 1.0.8, and damn. Diddy was completely destroyed. Even Zero says that he went from a top character to a mid tier character. You gotta feel sorry for the poor Diddy mains. All that said, there were no changes to Shiek. Just...why? Eh, I guess that still works better for us since there's less competition.
Hey watch it buddy

Lawz.

NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Once Sheik is appropriately dealt with you can go back to playing a real character.
That was in response to his double posting.

I won't drop Sheik. And as for being "appropriately dealt with", if that were to happen at all (it's happened 3 times already) it won't be drastic enough to remove her from her spot. She requires the most precision at the highest level than any other high tier character.

FSK

Smash Ace
I just want them to change Sheik's fair a tiny bit:

Similar range. Link's fair hitbox is out on frame 13, and sheik's fair hitbox is out on frame 5. Link's fair does 8% damage and sheik's fair does 5%. Sheik's fair has also a lot less landing lag.

Maybe give it a bit more landing lag, or decrease the range a bit.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Damn it PMDT. How hard could it possibly be to make Link a good character? Who the hell is in charge of balance? I hadn't realized this before someone posted about it, but they completely butchered Link's throws so that he no longer has good combo throws (which was one of the main ways he landed kills and racked damage) and they made it so that people can just fall right out of Link's Usmash (which was already a problem before, only they made it worse for a reason I will never know). They didn't help improve his god awful grab at all, we're forced to spam bombs all the time due to the changes to rang, Link still has absolutely no safe ways to approach, he has no mix-up options offstage and all they did to compensate for this are hitbox fixes, 1% damage buffs and a minuscule boost to Link's run speed. I'm dumbfounded that the PMDT had this long to balance the game and still; Link is bad. I can't believe the PMDT right now. Thank goodness that Link got some great buffs in Sm4sh, because PM Link isn't going anywhere for me.

I'd ask you guys to flame the PM Link boards with me, but that's probably a bit much.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Yeah, Link is a major reason I don't play PM. Back in pre-release betas...I just simply wasn't happy with how they tried (and failed) to make Link "the best iteration of Link in a Smash game". Just in general I found a lot of their philosophy really misguided.

Zerker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlexZerker

Similar range. Link's fair hitbox is out on frame 13, and sheik's fair hitbox is out on frame 5. Link's fair does 8% damage and sheik's fair does 5%. Sheik's fair has also a lot less landing lag.

We have a SWORD.
Sheik has her... what, filed nails?
What in the seven hells?
I didn't know Sheik was secretly Mr. Fantastic as well, with extendo-reach arms and whatnot.

I'd ask you guys to flame the PM Link boards with me, but that's probably a bit much.
I'd help flame, but I wear the Zora Tunic, not the Goron Tunic.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Yeah, Link is a major reason I don't play PM. Back in pre-release betas...I just simply wasn't happy with how they tried (and failed) to make Link "the best iteration of Link in a Smash game". Just in general I found a lot of their philosophy really misguided.
I honestly think they're full of **** at this point. I'm praying that a separate team will be working on a Melee/Sm4sh hybrid mod some time soon that will finally show Link the love he deserves.

Zerker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlexZerker
Honestly, I just want a complete overhaul for Link's moveset.
I'd scrap the entire thing, and start from the ground up again.
Which is what the devs seem reluctant to do.
If I could, I'd make him about as reliant on his projectile game as Sheik is reliant on hers.
Enough with the slow, clumsy, awkward slashes like current F-tilt -- we know Link can be an agile fighter, we've all played Twilight Princess with its sword skills, Hyrule Warriors, and so on.
But this is just my view on it, of course . . .

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
If I could, I'd make him about as reliant on his projectile game as Sheik is reliant on hers.
Enough with the slow, clumsy, awkward slashes like current F-tilt -- we know Link can be an agile fighter, we've all played Twilight Princess with its sword skills, Hyrule Warriors, and so on.
But this is just my view on it, of course,
I agree that Link should be more rush-down, but it wouldn't make sense to scrap everything and he should still be able to zone with projectiles at least. For one, his normals should all be drastically sped up. His Brawl/Melee dash attack should return, only that it would be much faster and the animation would be much more graceful. His grounded spin attack should just be like they were in most Zelda games. Just one or two quick spins and that would be it. None of this "spin around in place for hours" nonsense.

I could go on forever lol.

Last edited:

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
You've been asking a lot of questions in social lately eh. They're bad conversation stirrers you know, makes it seem like a rapid-fire interview. The surest way to start conversations is by making a provoking statement.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
So does anyone have any ideas of what their perfect version of Link in Smash Bros. would be?
*The rolling attack as DA. A second attack input gives you the Backslash. Mega unsafe on block, but does a ton of damage.
*Equipping a Bomb and firing an arrow gives you Bomb arrows. Which actually kill people.
*Agreed on Spin attack being a single strong slice on the ground. Also increases in range when charged.
*F-air changed to the Leap Strike, which alters Link's momentum

Just a few things I dreamed about in the past.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
I'd love to have an Oracle Alt for Link
This is my favorite design for Link:

The perfect balance of a youthful vigor and potential for growth IMO
I want Links magic armor from TP... Its so awesome looking.

*The rolling attack as DA. A second attack input gives you the Backslash. Mega unsafe on block, but does a ton of damage.
*Equipping a Bomb and firing an arrow gives you Bomb arrows. Which actually kill people.
*Agreed on Spin attack being a single strong slice on the ground. Also increases in range when charged.

My only problem with that F-air is it sounds like it turns it into Shulk's side-b which is insta death offstage.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015

I really like the first and second ideas. Here are the rest of my ideas:

1. Link's bow can be aimed in any direction and is amazing for gimps. People hit with a horizontally downward aimed arrow will be semi-spiked.

2. Zair is a command grab if Link's clawshot makes contact with the opponent while it is extending. If it makes contact any later it will hit the opponent like Zair does in Sm4sh. After grabbing someone, Link whips them off of his clawshot and they will be popped up for a guaranteed follow up.

3. Overall mobility would be drastically sped up. He would be primarily a rush-down character but can still zone with projectiles, just not as effectively.

4. Bring back jab 1 cancels to pressure, get kill confirms and space with much lower startup; if you hold down A, Link will do a rapid jab like in Melee, just smoother and faster. A final stab or slash will send opponents on their way when you release the button.

5. Ftilt is a fairly quick, ranged horizontal slash that can be angled, similar to Ike's Ftilt. However you can angle it much more freely and the animation is similar to horizontal sword slashes in TP.

6. In the air, spin attack can be charged for extra vertical recovery, kill power and mind games.

Last edited:

8MAN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FourOhFour
3DS FC
4871-4261-8409
I really like the first and second ideas. Here are the rest of my ideas;

1. Link's bow can be aimed in any direction and is amazing for gimps. People hit with a horizontally downward aimed arrow will be semi-spiked.

2. Zair is a command grab if Link's clawshot makes contact with the opponent while it is extending. If it makes contact any later it will hit the opponent like Zair does in Sm4sh. After grabbing someone, Link whips them off of his clawshot and they will be popped up for a guaranteed follow up.

3. Overall mobility would be drastically sped up. He would be primarily a rush-down character that

4. Bring back jab 1 cancels to pressure, get kill confirms and space with much lower startup; if you hold down A, Link will do a rapid jab like in Melee, just smoother and faster. A final stab or slash will send opponents on their way when you release the button.

5. Ftilt is a fairly quick, ranged horizontal slash that can be angled, similar to Ike's Ftilt. However you can angle it much more freely and the animation is similar to horizontal sword slashes in TP.

6. In the air, spin attack can be charged for extra vertical recovery, kill power and mind games.
I think the jab should be more like the Gentlemen, so you would need to rapidly push A to get the infinity stab.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
And here to advertise Xat is Xat Rules: The Album: Part I.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I think the jab should be more like the Gentlemen, so you would need to rapidly push A to get the infinity stab.
It would still function pretty much the same way though, just with less pointless mashing lol. You can perform the traditional 3 hit jab combo (which would then become Link's "gentlemen") if you don't hold down the 3rd input.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Just wanting to make sure before making a post of this, as I saw no mention of this in the rule thread. Is it okay if we post anything related to any content we provide to attract viewers, such as LPs or streams?

Last edited:

Lawz.

NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Just wanting to make sure before making a post of this, as I saw no mention of this in the rule thread. Is it okay if we post anything related to any content we provide to attract viewers, such as LPs or streams?
As long as you're just posting it in here and not making a thread for it (obviously). And don't spam it, otherwise I'll be forced to actually do my duties...

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Alright, cool. Anyhoo, I do let's plays and streams, and am coming close to wrapping up Twilight Princess Minimalist. Based off of viewer's choice, I'm doing a voting video to determine which game people want to see the most. Details in vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2Xty8WdSGM

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
The 14% initial hit on the very front kills pretty seriously early. The rest of the move is crap for killing, so if your opponent is behind you, you need to B reverse your Up-B.
Still, there seems to be some weird sour hitbox at the tip of Link's blade at the start of the move. It gets really annoying.

Well that's a bit interesting.

We have a SWORD.
Sheik has her... what, filed nails?
What in the seven hells?
I didn't know Sheik was secretly Mr. Fantastic as well, with extendo-reach arms and whatnot.
It might be due to the fact that she is actually starch out her arm and body, much like Peach's Fair. Also, Diddy is the one who is Mr. Fantastic.

But this is just my view on it, of course . . .
I sort of agree. The more I thin about it, the more I wouldn't mind if the just did away with Link and Toon Link and just had one Link that had good speed with movement and moves. Though I would personally keep the moves (or most of them) as I really like his current moveset.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Has anyone hee seen Jurassic world?
Yep. It's an absolutely hilarious movie with a lot of logical inconsistency. Chris Pratt's acting is also pretty good, and I found it funny that they actually got a returning actor/character from the first movie.

Last edited:

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
I still need to see Jurassic World, but that probably won't happen anytime soon since my schedule sucks.

....That and my siblings have already seen it while I was at work. lol

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
Yep. It's an absolutely hilarious movie with a lot of logical inconsistency. Chris Pratt's acting is also pretty good, and I found it funny that they actually got a returning actor/character from the first movie.
Yeah! It was hilarious! I watched it in 3D. It was amazing
I still need to see Jurassic World, but that probably won't happen anytime soon since my schedule sucks.

....That and my siblings have already seen it while I was at work. lol
You should watch it soon!

Top Bottom