• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
A visit to the Samus tournament results thread will show that a couple of good Samuses are doing massively better in tournaments than any Link save Scizor in his best moments. I don't know what to conclude from that.
She has nothing to give though. There are way better ladies out there.
I love how you always refer to women and girls as "ladies" regardless of circumstance. I do agree though; enjoy some more rocker chicks who deserve your love and affection. (Saying "rocker ladies" would be absurd eh?)

Last edited:

DUKEL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SirDukeIII
I just did some testing on a lv. 1 Mario at the center of FD and here are the results.

Regular spin attack - blast lines first appear at:
  • Uncharged: 128% with 14% damage dealt
  • Charged: 71% with 22% damage dealt
Shocking Spin - blast lines first appear at:
  • Uncharged: 131% with 14% damage dealt
  • Charged: 73% with 22% damage dealt
.... why are so many of our customs so f***** useless?

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
A visit to the Samus tournament results thread will show that a couple of good Samuses are doing massively better in tournaments than any Link save Scizor in his best moments. I don't know what to conclude from that.
That Samus is easier to play maybe?

Also, Jasudin seems to be back. Get ready to be liked.

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
Yes I don't think people realize how bad his frame data is: frame 7 is very poor for a fastest move. Compare Lucas with his frame 2 jab, frame 3 dtilt, frame 4 Utilt, frame 6 Ftilt.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
They were on the right track with D-tilt... I mean maybe this means they'll go and do that to his other melee attacks.

Koby_T

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kobyteith
I love when wifi scrubs think that I'm not keen on how my boomerang works. No, you're not going to "ride the wind" and fsmash me. Yes, I'm going to hard punish you for trying.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Honestly, if Link stole Melee Link's frame data for nair, bair (4 and 5 frames) but kept 4's knockback data, Melee air speed and PM's jab, BOOM! He'd be viable.

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I love when wifi scrubs think that I'm not keen on how my boomerang works. No, you're not going to "ride the wind" and fsmash me. Yes, I'm going to hard punish you for trying.
Too true. Apparently they think it's a genious idea, because people try that on me all the time in FG, it never works out for them lol.

So should I make the thread or naw?

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
Too true. Apparently they think it's a genious idea, because people try that on me all the time in FG, it never works out for them lol.

So should I make the thread or naw?
It's fine in social.

Can I read the 'sook interview sometime?

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
My friends used to always ride the gale but they've have since avoided it.

It's just a bit better than people trying to pickup your bombs off the ground or in the air. I've been cooking those for awhile you know

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
Shout out to @ SphericalCrusher SphericalCrusher for reviving every dead, unneeded thread in existence. Just couldn't let them die eh?
They were all on the front page of the group. Every single one of them. It's not reviving unless I dig through several pages, eh? I just assumed someone else brought them up. :p Edit: I know they're all in the QA... this page just looked different than before; I assumed that maybe they were made into separate threads due to the size of them, etc. They should really be locked so this does not happen again. Just trying to be a helpful Link, so I will keep my eyes on the dates. Sorry again.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
See kids, this is why the Link board does so much flaming. Everybody knows zombis won't rise from the dead if they're burned.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
They were all on page one for me. Sheesh.
Page placement isn't the only favor to be taken into account, but also date of last post and relevancy of the thread/post. When taking those into account, you did necrobump like a failchamp.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
Page placement isn't the only favor to be taken into account, but also date of last post and relevancy of the thread/post. When taking those into account, you did necrobump like a failchamp.
At least there's active Link players around. ;)

Indeed there are, and we are here to help. We're hurtful because we care. Well, most of us. On the bright side, you bumped those threads to answer questions, so there's that at least. Your intentions were good, but you should have read the stickies first.

If you'd simply been lazily bumping them to be spoonfed knowledge... We'll say that this board has certain customs to which you would have been thoroughly familiarized with.

Welcome to the Link Boards, and stay out of my shed.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
We're still on that? Gawd guys. And I've been on the Link boards for a bit! Haha. I'll stay out of the moderators sheds before my hands get cut up more. Dang rusty tools!

It's context. Your introduction to us determines our introduction to you. So this is what you get. That said, I haven't seen you around, but I mostly run the night shift here. Now we've met.

I'll have you know, I never let a tool rust. Nothing in my shed sees neglect.

Last edited:

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
My Link toolshed is good. My real toolshed... eeeehhhhhh. I'm on at random hours here, but I do read more than posting. I do a lot of bracket stuff also; streaming, tournaments, etc. Love this site.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
On the topic of that, I'm going to need to start popping on more often to get some friendlies in. What's the best time to pop on here for that?

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
On the topic of that, I'm going to need to start popping on more often to get some friendlies in. What's the best time to pop on here for that?
It differs, and it's not here but Xat. People don't check forums periodically, but they're usually active in Xat. But I'd say the sweetspot starts in 1.5 hours then runs about 3 hours long that's when you'll find most people.

Last edited:

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
[quote="ShinTwist ScreamPaste, post: 19612099, member: 107465"

I'll have you know, I never let a tool rust. Nothing in my shed sees neglect.[/quote]
Except the paddles.

DUKEL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SirDukeIII
I hope you're talking about your Link documentary instead of a response to people complaining about Link needing a buff, which we haven't even seen in our social yet.

Top Bottom