• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
LOL all I said was the average person's life in the west
Because clearly "the west" is comprised only of the US and other developed countries. Nope, no suffering happening in the west. Central and South America aren't the west, nope. You have quite an american worldview for an European.

You yourself said life there was "boring" before! go strawman some more
No, I said:

...as a way to escape the boredom of what civilized society has become.
That is, life in modern civilized society has become boring. Heck, boring is anything that is too normal or part of your routine, therefore you can have death and misery and still be bored. Unless you think that death and misery are exciting. Also, that wasn't strawman, but good try.

lol blablablabla bad things happen in the world O RLY
This must be the least impressive list of bad things that happen in the world I've ever read, and it's already a very annoying sentimental ploy.
So just because they're not impressive they're not bad and horrible? What is this, a contest? "Yes, I have read about more impressive depravities, therefore this life destroying event in your life isn't shocking me and thus not truly important". There, that's a logical fallacy for you, enjoy it.

I've read hundreds of these:
Ah, yes, you raed about them from the comfort and security of your own house. You're clearly a world weary man and I shouldn't contest your vast life experience anymore.

BAD THINGS HAPPEN IN THE WORLD AND WHEN I TURN ON THE NEWS I SEE THEM SO THEREFORE I READ BATMAN COMICS
Tu quoque Mr Stawman.

This childish need for affirmation of good in the world packaged in with a neat moral lesson in children's entertainment is not convincing.
Who said I was trying to convince you of anything.

That seems like some cutesy college assignment that has no real impact because it's too mannered and forced.
Glad you enjoyed it then.

Last edited:

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
That depends, what kind of nerfs are you looking at?
I'd go with more bomb pull lag and a bit more start-up on rang. People hate Link because of his projectile spam. Why not just give the scrubby fools what they want? Mutual benefits for everyone, am I right?

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I got to turn 17 on crazy orders with Mario then in a FFA Mewtwo got a gust bellows and blew me offstage. Nothing you can do about it :facepalm: The invincible first strike and bob-bomb holding equipment are great for that challenge.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Sorry but we can't be doing this if you don't at least speak english, and please press backspace a few times in your post.[/spoiler]
Is that a comment on my typo in StRawman? Or do you not know what Tu quoque is/means?

And you don't need to encourage me to keep doing passive aggressive remarks, I'll keep at it anyways.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
I'd go with more bomb pull lag and a bit more start-up on rang. People hate Link because of his projectile spam. Why not just give the scrubby fools what they want? Mutual benefits for everyone, am I right?
Isnt the startup of rang already worse than previous games, let alone easier to ps than before? No, I wouldn't trade frame data nerfs just for jab cancel to come back, not happening. Lol

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Isnt the startup of rang already worse than previous games, let alone easier to ps than before? No, I wouldn't trade frame data nerfs just for jab cancel to come back, not happening. Lol
Well I didn't specify by how much they'd get nerfed lol. I don't think it would be so bad since we would actually be able to approach tbh.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Old people arguments...
I'm old, DF isn't. If you want old people arguments you should hang out with Cyner, Shin, and me. We complain about you damn young'uns quite a lot. Freaking whipersnapers.

ama99

Smash Journeyman
I'm old, DF isn't. If you want old people arguments you should hang out with Cyner, Shin, and me. We complain about you damn young'uns quite a lot. Freaking whipersnapers.
Dumbfire acts really old in here lo.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Dumbfire acts really old in here lo.
But that's the funny thing, he really doesn't. I mean, maybe for you and others younger than him. But for me and those older than him he's acting as a child. As Zelkam said, his age shows. It's not the topic you discuss which tells your age, but rather your attitude while discussing it.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
But that's the funny thing, he really doesn't. I mean, maybe for you and others younger than him. But for me and those older than him he's acting as a child. As Zelkam said, his age shows. It's not the topic you discuss which tells your age, but rather your attitude while discussing it.
too bad it doesn't show im some old man still playing vidya games and modding forums into his 30s

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
too bad it doesn't show im some old man still playing vidya games and modding forums into his 30s
Not sure why that's a dig. So what if he does? The moment I stop doing this is the moment I physically can't

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Don't worry kid, you'll get there too. You can also grow up to be just like me, don't lose the faith.

Himura Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
I like Batman because he's human and can beat every single being in existence with proper preparation.
-Every Batman fan ever

Sorry, I just don't like Batman. Anyway, when it comes to what I'd rather have, it'd be the jab. However, I wouldn't accept a nerf to bombs whatsoever. I'm just now starting to really understand the importance of Link's bombs in Smash4, but if they're willing to keep that unchanged and give back his jab 1 combos, then you can make his arrows melee arrows for all I care.

I like Batman because he's human and can beat every single being in existence with proper preparation.
-Every Batman fan ever

Sorry, I just don't like Batman. Anyway, when it comes to what I'd rather have, it'd be the jab. However, I wouldn't accept a nerf to bombs whatsoever. I'm just now starting to really understand the importance of Link's bombs in Smash4, but if they're willing to keep that unchanged and give back his jab 1 combos, then you can make his arrows melee arrows for all I care.
That's a gross exaggeration packed together with a sweeping generalization. How horrible.

I like Batman because I find the idea of a rich athlete throwing sharp pieces of metal at the mentally ill hilarious. Then again I've always been more of a Joker kind of guy.

People spend too much time worrying about the premise of Batman. The idea of a man in a suit with gadgets fighting crime, as if that defines the quality of the stories. Sure, the premise can be played for camp, and often is, or even lampshaded in the more serious works featuring Batman, but it can also be played seriously and well. What people should be focusing on is the stories themselves; their content is more important than the premise that allows for them.

Read a book called Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth. It will put the 'but is it art?!' debate to rest.

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
I like Spiderman. The other heroes don't seem human enough for my taste (in the sense of feelings, life, maturity, etc). The concept is more balanced and inserted in a environment much more verosimil. Also, I like the idea behind "a great power comes with a great responsibility".
I, by no means, want to say other people preferences are less appealing/intelligent/reasonable. It is just my personal preference.

MintyGuy700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MintyGuy700
3DS FC
0044-4078-1187
After seeing the uproar people had when Zero said Link should be buffed, I feel that a thread should be made addressing these people. At this point it seems almost necessary. I could start on it if it's cool with you guys. @Fox Is Openly Deceptive @Lawz.
I second this. I. Ticked that these scrubs just waltz into his comment section as if they knew what kind of competitive history our poor Low tier hero has. (And statistically speaking, Link is the worst character in all of Smash.)

Edit: lol if you saw the ShinyMetal post I meant to reply to him, but had to leave.

Last edited:

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Is anyone else not receiving replays sent by friends? I've had two people send me replays, and I'm not seeing them in my replay box. I have the internet settings right also. Any ideas?

Edit: Never mind, they appeared.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Is anyone else not receiving replays sent by friends? I've had two people send me replays, and I'm not seeing them in my replay box. I have the internet settings right also. Any ideas?

Edit: Never mind, they appeared.
Take a page from the book of Bob:

I'm developing a nihilistic view of competitive smash. It's simply not a good competitive game and the youtube/eventhub/for glory scrubs sap any last ounce of value it might have. I don't have time for smash except on a casual level and have no real desire to put enough time into it anyway. It's fun to play wifail in a competitive rule set if the connection's good but I only stick around SWF for the community.

Last edited:

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
I second this. I. Ticked that these scrubs just waltz into his comment section as if they knew what kind of competitive history our poor Low tier hero has. (And statistically speaking, Link is the worst character in all of Smash.)

Edit: lol if you saw the ShinyMetal post I meant to reply to him, but had to leave.
Firstly, you spelled my name wrong (right?).
Second: how is he statistically the worst?

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
11th of 12 in the original
16th of 26 in melee
35th of 38 in brawl
And only a few heroes bold enough to try him out, and get anywhere competitively thus far in this game.

By comparison to his fellow 12 veterans He is a joke. The only one who's close to Link in this regard is Samus, who also got shafted in Sm4sh.
In terms of rank, placement, and usage at a competent level Link is absolutely the worst character series-wide.
(And no, for the purposes of pointing out what Link needs from the developers P:M does not count.)
Jus' Sayin...

All this talk of batman, and all I want is more Madoka >.>

Last edited:

MintyGuy700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MintyGuy700
3DS FC
0044-4078-1187
Firstly, you spelled my name wrong (right?).
If you were to compare the original 12 character's tier rankings amongst each other from 64 to Brawl (e.x. In Melee, Fox is first, followed by Jigglypuff, since it is of the original twelve and everyone else in between were newcomers.) it would put Link with 11th, 8th, and 11th giving him a 30 (The lowest place of the original 12.) Ness being after with a 26, and the highest being Pikachu with a whopping 5! I seriously question why such a dominate force still remains top tier dispite being Smash's statistically best character.

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
Everyone here should just accept the fact that Catwoman is the one and only best superhero.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
If you were to compare the original 12 character's tier rankings amongst each other from 64 to Brawl (e.x. In Melee, Fox is first, followed by Jigglypuff, since it is of the original twelve and everyone else in between were newcomers.) it would put Link with 11th, 8th, and 11th giving him a 30 (The lowest place of the original 12.) Ness being after with a 26, and the highest being Pikachu with a whopping 5! I seriously question why such a dominate force still remains top tier dispite being Smash's statistically best character.
I feel like Fox could've easily been the best statistically hadn't Brawl screwed him over so badly. But yeah, I thought Samus was the second worst, especially after what 4 did to her (still by my biggest gripe with the game thus far).

MintyGuy700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MintyGuy700
3DS FC
0044-4078-1187
I feel like Fox could've easily been the best statistically hadn't Brawl screwed him over so badly. But yeah, I thought Samus was the second worst, especially after what 4 did to her (still by my biggest gripe with the game thus far).
Fox is not far behind with a 7. Also, I'm only going off of Smash 64 until Brawl because Smash 4's official tier list hasn't come out yet. (Smash 4 backroom)

Top Bottom