• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Linkmario00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Linkmario00
As opposed SS who had it the whole game? And who used it to govern the universe? Also, he did get it, we see him lifting it up and asking for a wish; how on earth is that sort of?

You do realize that only two Link have ever barely seen, even more so had, the whole triforce: SS and AlttP. Of both of them SS got it before the boss fight so he was aided by its power during it. AlttP got it after, which means he managed to defeat Ganon while Ganon was in possession of the full triforce. Let that sink in for a moment. Forget about your fanboyism and use your cold hard logic if you can.

While you're arguing the same as me, your argument is still stupid. By this logic I am a god since I create and destroy cities and its inhabitants every damn night.
Technically WW Link has seen the full triforce before the final battle too. Also, ALTTP Link defeated Ganon while he was in possession of the full triforce, yeah. But was he more powerful than Demise? Can an incarnated feeling :4shulk:(In this case hate) be more powerful than the person who feels it?

Rizen

Smash Legend
Also, ALTTP Link defeated Ganon while he was in possession of the full triforce, yeah. But was he more powerful than Demise?
Yes. That's why (SS spoiler alert!)

Hylia reincarnated herself as a mortal; gods couldn't use the Triforce but it was more powerful than they were. Demise also searched for it.

Triforce and 'Elder goddesses'>Demise.

@ Drigo Toes Drigo Toes I watched this set: good work :) Luigi's hard. What would you say the Link/Luigi MU is?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgmGxlhOS2I

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
^It's arguable that the NES LoZ Link had the full Triforce since it wasn't defined as 3 triangles at the time.
Only that yes, it was already defined as 3 triangles. The manual stated that Zelda had the triforce of Wisdom and that she had split it in 8 pieces to hide it from Ganon, who had the triforce of Power. So NES Link never had the full triforce. He never even had the triforce of courage. He gets it in AoL. In fact, the triforce's power had never even been awakened in Link until AoL, which happened years after LoZ classic.

Technically WW Link has seen the full triforce before the final battle too. Also, ALTTP Link defeated Ganon while he was in possession of the full triforce, yeah. But was he more powerful than Demise? Can an incarnated feeling :4shulk:(In this case hate) be more powerful than the person who feels it?
Only that "technically" is not the same as "actually", and "seen" is not the same as "had". The triforce doesn't give its power to those who behold it, but to those who hold it. Also, Rizen has already answered, the triforce is more poweful than Hylia and Demise, therefore a mortal bearing the triforce would become at least just as powerful as Demise, if not more.

Seriously, and then you kids dare call yourselves "fans" of LoZ? Please try harder.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Just throwing that out there, but ALBW Link also acquires the full Triforce as well. Actually, ALBW Link would probably be the only one to come close to ALttP Links power, but ALBW Link would still lose on account of ALttP Link's items and experience.

You kids are also forgetting that ALttP Link has more actual experience than any Link.
Not only did ALttP Link save the world.

He went on to sail for spiritual enlightenment and training due to his PTSD of his original adventure. He ends up in a dream, of which his adventures are recounted in new ways(for example, the comparison of Marin to Zelda), and eventually faces his own nightmares during the final boss fight, even facing his own fears of the fight with Ganon.

He then has two full adventures willed by the Trifrorce itself. One of the mind, and one of the sword. He kills 2 of Ganon's most deadly commanders, and then faces off with a newly resurrected Ganon that has no intelligence, but has great power.

Seriously, and then you kids dare call yourselves "fans" of LoZ? Please try harder.
Where did you dig these kids up?
It is alright to be slightly wrong on some things regarding Zelda(such as us forgetting ALBW Link got the full triforce too), but this is just plain stupidity and ignorance.

How despicable....

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
To be honest @ Lozjam Lozjam , I forgot about ALBW entirely (as in, forgot about the game) that's why I didn't mention him. Woe on me.

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
@ Drigo Toes Drigo Toes I watched this set: good work :) Luigi's hard. What would you say the Link/Luigi MU is?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgmGxlhOS2I
I made important mistakes to say that there exists that difference. Even then, I'll say that Luigi has an important advantage. Let count Luigi advantages:
- Fireball negates Link's projectiles.
- Luigi can grab Link and get some important % or kill. Depending on DI, every grab can obtain 30%-50%.
- Link is heavy, but floaty. Therefore, with the proper tempo, cyclone can kill us out of grab at ~100%.
- Luigi is floaty and light, generally negate us easy Dthrow->Usmash/Utilt/Uair comboes.

The only point in advantage for Link, is that Luigi retreat a lot after Dsmash into shield, so is more safe against him. With all that into account, I'll say 6.5-3.5 is the correct number for this match up. Is definetively harder than a 6-4, but easier than a 7-3 (Brawl's Falco).

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I thought Brawl's falco was 9-1. 7-3 seems generous considering that a grab could lead to a loss of stock.

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
I thought Brawl's falco was 9-1. 7-3 seems generous considering that a grab could lead to a loss of stock.
Indeed my dear... Brawl's Fox would be 7-3 i think...

But i think Pikachu-Fox is more 9-1... Pikachu has a 0-80% combo in grab... but Fox can win, so 9-1 would describe it... Falco-Link would be more like 8-2...

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Indeed my dear... Brawl's Fox would be 7-3 i think...

But i think Pikachu-Fox is more 9-1... Pikachu has a 0-80% combo in grab... but Fox can win, so 9-1 would describe it... Falco-Link would be more like 8-2...
8-2 is a good compromise, I can agree to that.

I find it perplexing how easily I could assign MU ratios in Brawl, but in sm4sh I can't for the life of me.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
8-2 is a good compromise, I can agree to that.

I find it perplexing how easily I could assign MU ratios in Brawl, but in sm4sh I can't for the life of me.
Probably because Link sucked vs. literally everybody in Brawl, it was moreso a question of how hard. Lol

Linkmario00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Linkmario00
Guys...maybe it sounds stupid...but...do you ever use Dair to land as a mixup? Maybe I'm just a scrub who plays scrubs (I am) but I found pretty efficientusing a FF Dair one or two times at max dduring a match. After all, Link has the third fastfall speed in the game if I'm correct so it isn't easy to react fast enough if you're not expecting it and at high percentage it can lead into a KO if you get the strong hit. Let me know.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Guys...maybe it sounds stupid...but...do you ever use Dair to land as a mixup? Maybe I'm just a scrub who plays scrubs (I am) but I found pretty efficientusing a FF Dair one or two times at max dduring a match. After all, Link has the third fastfall speed in the game if I'm correct so it isn't easy to react fast enough if you're not expecting it and at high percentage it can lead into a KO if you get the strong hit. Let me know.
If the opponent's in the air I might FF Dair to help me land but generally Nair is the better landing attack. Nair has little landing lag and can chain into jab/UpB/Dsmash.
Non-FF Dair has a nice bounce that can bounce off attacks and projectiles. Sometimes that helps you land.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Only when I know that they've will end just as I land, in which case I land laglessly.

Linkmario00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Linkmario00
If the opponent's in the air I might FF Dair to help me land but generally Nair is the better landing attack. Nair has little landing lag and can chain into jab/UpB/Dsmash.
Non-FF Dair has a nice bounce that can bounce off attacks and projectiles. Sometimes that helps you land.
Yeah like I said it's a mixup to use once a match especially at kill percent. Also I'm not sure if I explained well, but it was intended as a method to escape juggling since it has a huge hitbox below Link that beat many upairs, while Nair isn't even disjointed. Can it work in a juggle situation?

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
^It's arguable that the NES LoZ Link had the full Triforce since it wasn't defined as 3 triangles at the time. WW Link saw the full Triforce at the final battle, IDK if he had it. Oracle of Seasons/Ages Link saw the Triforce during the opening video; that didn't make much sense though.
Oracle of Seasons/Ages Link is the same Link from A Link to the Past and Link's Awakening.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
I never FF D-air unless I'm in the air above someone and found the perfect opportunity to punish something. I prefer a normal falling D-air for the bounce effect. But I rarely use it as is. N-air is much safer in this regard. That's not to say it's awful. If it's working for you, then use it.

Last edited:

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
I D-air
When I see a ZSS about to U-air me and I have enough room.
Get out of the air safely as possible.
When a falcon rushes at me. (works rather well)
I see the perfect opportunity to punish.

Why do I think Fox is a decent MU for Link?

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
I D-air
When I see a ZSS about to U-air me and I have enough room.
Get out of the air safely as possible.
When a falcon rushes at me. (works rather well)
I see the perfect opportunity to punish.

Why do I think Fox is a decent MU for Link?
Because you're playing scrubby Foxes.

DUKEL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SirDukeIII
Izaw's streaming, but I couldn't get in 10 seconds before someone commented that he's "completely fleshed out the Smash 4 Link meta."

Ugh. Izawmbies.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Izaw's streaming, but I couldn't get in 10 seconds before someone commented that he's "completely fleshed out the Smash 4 Link meta."

Ugh. Izawmbies.
And obviously the person commenting this is a sm4sh savant who knows everything about competitive sm4sh, specially Link regardless of how many time he has visited the boards or Competed with Link. His criteria is unquestionable.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
As opposed to SS who had it the whole game? And who used it to govern the universe? Also, he did get it, we see him lifting it up and asking for a wish; how on earth is that sort of?

You do realize that only two Link have ever barely seen, even more so had, the whole triforce: SS and AlttP. Of both of them SS got it before the boss fight so he was aided by its power during it. AlttP got it after, which means he managed to defeat Ganon while Ganon was in possession of the full triforce. Let that sink in for a moment. Forget about your fanboyism and use your cold hard logic if you can.

I really didn't think through what I was saying. But what you are say is absolutely true. While SS did defeat Demise, who is absurdly powerful, AlttP manage to defeat the same man while he had the WHOLE Triforce!

And even if we talk the Triforce out of the equation, AlttP is strong. The only thing I can see that SS has over AlttP is some actual sword moves.

Just throwing that out there, but ALBW Link also acquires the full Triforce as well. Actually, ALBW Link would probably be the only one to come close to ALttP Links power, but ALBW Link would still lose on account of ALttP Link's items and experience.

You kids are also forgetting that ALttP Link has more actual experience than any Link.
Not only did ALttP Link save the world.

He went on to sail for spiritual enlightenment and training due to his PTSD of his original adventure. He ends up in a dream, of which his adventures are recounted in new ways(for example, the comparison of Marin to Zelda), and eventually faces his own nightmares during the final boss fight, even facing his own fears of the fight with Ganon.

He then has two full adventures willed by the Trifrorce itself. One of the mind, and one of the sword. He kills 2 of Ganon's most deadly commanders, and then faces off with a newly resurrected Ganon that has no intelligence, but has great power.

Though I still reckon Young Link is the most powerful Link of them all! Not even ALttP could beat him.

Lozjam

Smash Champion

Though I still reckon Young Link is the most powerful Link of them all! Not even ALttP could beat him.
Let us look at this logically.
Young Link from Majora's mask is immensely powerful yes, but he doesn't beat ALttP Link.

ALttP Link has more sword power with his Golden Master sword than with YL's Fairy Sword.
YL gets the Kokiri Sword, which is standard, but then doubles it to the amount of the Master Sword with the Gilded Sword, and then the Great Fairy Sword is twice the damage of the Gilded Sword and by comparison, the regular master sword.
ALttP Link has the Master sword, which he forges to the Silver Master Sword, which has twice the power of the Master Sword(And the same power as the Fairy Sword), and then forges it again to have twice the power. That is a 4-8 ratio. It barely is a fight.

Young Link also has better resistance to attacks, he takes 1/2 damage than most other Links.
However, ALttP Link has even better resistance, he takes 1/4 damage to attacks.

Young Link also has access to Magic Arrows, which does twice the amount of damage, and the light arrows,, which does 4 times the amount of damage.
ALttP gets the upgrade to his bow in the form of Silver Arrows. These arrows do twice the damage than a normal arrow.

In this one, YL is superior, no question about it. However, YL is tied to his magic meter for all of these, and Light arrows cost a ton of magic.Furthermore, YL will be doing the same amount of Damage to ALttP Link as he does to him with their bows due to ALttP Link's better tunic.

Hookshot remains the same for each Link. So that is equal.
Bombs are also equal, unless you count the Goron Bombs, of which those would be useless in a real fight.

Now, I know what you are going to say.
The transformation masks and masks in general.
Lets go down these, shall we?

YL has the Deku Mask:
Well, this doesn't really help YL too much.... Deku Link is very bad offensively, and the only thing Deku Link could really do is run away. Of which ALttP Link can easily use an arrows, or Fire Rod.

YL has the Goron Mask:
This one has some valid point. Darmani can roll around, and deals heavy blows.
ALttP Link has bombs as well however, that can stop Goron Link from doing his offensive roll, and Goron Rolling is also coincides with the Magic Meter. Furthermore, ALttP Link has Ether, of which can easily freeze a Goron. ALttP Link also has the magic Hammer, of which it deals similar blows with similar ways to match Goron Link's.

YL has the Zora Mask:
On Land, I don't see much use for this outside of the boomberangs he has. Of which, ALttP Link has a better boomerang, because it has better range.
On sea, Mikau is superior. He can breath underwater forever, and has more maneuverability. However who says this is going to be a water fight? ALttP Link could easily leave the water, and just wait until YL is man enough to fight on land. All while sniping Mikau with arrows

YL has the Fierce Diety Mask:
This mask has very limited uses, but even if YL were able to use it, it would not help.
The Fierce Deity Sword does as much as the Golden Master Sword,
Can shoot beams out of it too, but it is tied to magic meter.
FD Link also doesn't have any versatility in items that ALttP Link has, and ALttP can always use the Cane of Byrna, become invicible, and wait things out while simultaneously doing damage to YL.

The Bunny mask give YL a movement speed edge, but ALttP Link has the Pegasus boots and can run faster while doing damage, albeit he can only run in a straight line.

So yeah. It would be a close fight, but ALttP Link is just simply better.
Also, ALttP has the full Triforce.

Top Bottom