• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

I'm Uncle Shin, and I'm here to help. Yes. That.

Firstly, read our ****ing rules. They're literally in a thread which demands in its title, which is entirely composed of capital letters, that you read them before posting. It's stickied. Do I have to drag you there by your ear, wagging my finger like an annoyed uncle, minding a child which his sister should never have had? That's you, so we're clear.

I think I will, just to be a nice guy. Because I'm a nice uncle. Here. Read this thread to completion before posting again, lest all semblance of gentleness in my demeanor disappear. I'd sooner feed a spammer to starving pigs than waste more than two posts on them.

Welcome to the Link Boards, stay out of my shed.

Rizen

Smash Legend
@ Otaku_Shakezilla Otaku_Shakezilla welcome :) don't take things too seriously here. People like to troll but it's good natured. We just don't want a ton of threads popping up that advertise a video that should go in the video thread or ask a question that should be in the Q&A. Good grammar makes the forum easier to read and more enjoyable. For example:

@ TP (Twilight Princess, we often abbreviate Legend of Zelda aka LoZ titles for quick reference) discussion. Darker or not, and more realistic or not, TP had the most work put into its art. The dynamic lighting, texture mapping and fine detail were so much better than other LoZs. It also had weather and day/night cycles (sadly missing from SS). TP actually made you feel like you were standing in a real fantasy world and not some video game level. It's beautiful while fitting the LoZ style with quirks like adding spiral patterns on the bass, having goblins, odd characters, etc. You know the Twilight realm? It really looks like the forest at twilight, minus the floating diamonds:

TP had the best artwork but Majora's Mask is my favorite LoZ.

Last edited:

Otaku_Shakezilla

Smash Rookie
thanks dont worry about threads from me i just wanted talk about Zelda and smash and i will admit Zelda TP had alot of work put into in the shade and textures are amazing the way they gave it the Tim Burton feel it was awesome but TP was lacking in the difficulty department. Though i wish it hadn't, MM was my favorite because of the 3 day cycle the feeling of grief and depression knowing that you are gonna die in 3 days. But the best thing about it SPOILER ALERT was the final boss majora`s mask, incarnation and wrath the difficulty was amazing in TP had that it could have been one of the best Zeldas

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Let me just say, while I don't fully hate TP and did find it enjoyable, I just like other Zelda games much more. I do love the fact that TP answers a number of question about what sort of happened after the events of OoT and MM, but then again also raise just as many question as well. The thing is, all the reason that you like I just don't (expect the music. I loved Midna's Lament). The dungeons were some times tedious and annoying (freaking temple of time!), story a little so and so, Zelda herself and I just really didn't like the dark art style they went for. I would also so the controls were bad, but I played the Wii version so I can't really so that.

Edit: Also, really hate Wolf Link.
I'll agree that the wolf Link thing was rather annoying at times, but it was necessary to the story I guess. But I guess I'm just in to darker things. Matches my dark personality.

What was your favorite LoZ anyway?

@ Rizen Rizen
Exactly my point. The art direction and music were so inspiring. The game really was able to stand out in that regard. I was even hoping Zelda U would go back that way... I'd imagine it looking incredible on the Wii U.

Last edited:

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Speak for yourself, I think Nabooru is ****ing hot. Who wouldn't want to explore her temple?
The Jewish nose turns me off. Besides you'll probably have to visit the chancre mechanic after.

Last edited:

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
So....I seriously just had the realization that Saria aged with link...I don't remember that being explained but it's been a stupid long time since I've actually read OoT while playing it

Be_Mild

Livin' life on the mild side
NNID
BeMild
3DS FC
1676-4317-5374
So....I seriously just had the realization that Saria aged with link...I don't remember that being explained but it's been a stupid long time since I've actually read OoT while playing it
inb4 @ Lozjam Lozjam takes you to Hyrule Castle Town on this.

Last edited:

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Kokiri always remain as "children" despite their age, and it's implied they live a long time (counting centuries I'm pretty sure) if they even die of age.
So if you're saying she continued to count years, sure, but if you're saying she physically got older, no.

Last edited:

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
Kokiri always remain as "children" despite their age, and it's implied they live a long time (counting centuries I'm pretty sure) if they even die of age.
So if you're saying she continued to count years, sure, but if you're saying she physically got older, no.
Nah I had remembered wrong thinking she looked older in the future but I just looked at picks and that wasn't the case. Though she looks old for the kokiri anyway

Last edited:

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Good morning everybody.
I'll agree that the wolf Link thing was rather annoying at times, but it was necessary to the story I guess. But I guess I'm just in to darker things. Matches my dark personality.

@ Otaku_Shakezilla Otaku_Shakezilla welcome :) don't take things too seriously here. People like to troll but it's good natured. We just don't want a ton of threads popping up that advertise a video that should go in the video thread or ask a question that should be in the Q&A. Good grammar makes the forum easier to read and more enjoyable. For example:

@ TP (Twilight Princess, we often abbreviate Legend of Zelda aka LoZ titles for quick reference) discussion. Darker or not, and more realistic or not, TP had the most work put into its art. The dynamic lighting, texture mapping and fine detail were so much better than other LoZs. It also had weather and day/night cycles (sadly missing from SS). TP actually made you feel like you were standing in a real fantasy world and not some video game level. It's beautiful while fitting the LoZ style with quirks like adding spiral patterns on the bass, having goblins, odd characters, etc. You know the Twilight realm? It really looks like the forest at twilight, minus the floating diamonds:

TP had the best artwork but Majora's Mask is my favorite LoZ.
TP had the worst puzzle in the history of Zelda games ever.

that damn puzzle where you have to move them stones in the squares in order to get the master sword. that was brutal.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Do we need to give you a Hyrule history lesson?
Oh, yes. Do not worry Professor Ganondorf is on the case, here to teach all that happened within all Hyrule's History.
Such a shame that your "Heroes" don't even know what they are fighting for.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Oh, yes. Do not worry Professor Ganondorf is on the case, here to teach all that happened within all Hyrule's History.
Such a shame that your "Heroes" don't even know what they are fighting for.
To get a kiss from Zelda...duh

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
This place is rapidly becoming unnerving.

Something must be done, again.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Sheik's too sexy for life... All wrapped up in her middle eastern ninja outfit showing nothing but her eyes... Mmmm!!!

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
In his DREAMS! Huh! Huh!

I'm going to pull an InfinityAlex and let myself out.
HO HO! Well played sir.

How to kiss Zelda in your dreams:
Step one - show up on real/nonreal/schrodinger's Island.

Step two - deal with a pet chain chomp

Step three - Zelda appears and cue the song Quiet Whisper by George Michael.

Last edited:
Top Bottom