• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
It must be nice for your main to be buffed in a patch. Link lost his best kill setup :urg:

Wifi anyone in America?
I wish my Wii U wasn't confiscated right now. But yeah, I think Link can still do pretty well with what he's got, he just has more trouble in CQC. I'll miss being able to get kill setups with that move.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Am I the only one that misses Melee/Brawl Marth? Imagine how freaking good he would be in Sm4sh. Ken combos all around. It brings me tears what they had done to him.
You are not the only one.
Link lost his best kill setup :urg:
I know. As my main practice partner is a Link main he got annoyed to say the least. However, Link still has great options and I'm sure you guys have made it work. I know he has, and has won some small tournaments here and there as well. I'm trying to get him to compete more though. His Link is something to watch. He will be going to Super Smash Con though.

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
You guys should really try out equipment mobility buffs with Link sometime. He feels amazing. We should use him when playing online for the hell of it every now and then. It's like a breath of fresh air lol.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
I know. As my main practice partner is a Link main he got annoyed to say the least. However, Link still has great options and I'm sure you guys have made it work. I know he has, and has won some small tournaments here and there as well. I'm trying to get him to compete more though. His Link is something to watch. He will be going to Super Smash Con though.
Wait, does he have a smashboards account or some other smash alias? Do we know him?

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Wait, does he have a smashboards account or some other smash alias? Do we know him?
I've tried to have him make one but he still hasn't gotten around to doing so. He goes by Rooky I believe when playing Smash. He's played Link since 64. In fact, back in the brawl days, I uploaded and made a thread on the Link boards about his Link vs. Lord HDL's (The well known Melee Link player) in tournament. Anyways, as of right now he is mostly a wifi warrior but I've been slowly convincing him to go to tournaments. So yea as of right now unknown but I'm trying to change that.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Hey @ Locuan Locuan , good to see you still remember us. Also, Gratz for the promotion to admin. We still need to play those wifi games we never got around to. Feel like playing today later?

Rizen

Smash Legend
When I'm stressed my fists clench and I keep holding the trigger buttons by accident. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: I hate when I play like **** but it's one of those days. :urg: I'll try to wifi with you guys tomorrow.

Last edited:

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
When I'm stressed my fists clench and I keep holding the trigger buttons by accident. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: I hate when I play like **** but it's one of those days. :urg: I'll try to wifi with you guys tomorrow.
so you always hate when you play?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
The best buff they could make to Lucina is making her an alternate costume to Marth.

:093:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
I found Rooky's "Combo Video". It's more of a good reads video lol. Either way, it shows some of the things he has been practicing and implementing.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Wow Cat congratulations, you posted a laggy wifi video of me losing with a character I'm terrible at! You've lived up the the standards of Change of Heart- who did the exact same thing! You must be very proud of yourself.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
The best buff they could make to Lucina is making her an alternate costume to Marth.

Sad thing is that while I like her and use her rather than Marth, I couldn't agree with this statement any more. You sir, have earned a "like".

please go away
Who are you talking to DF? Because that's a very mean thing to say to Rizen if it was to him.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Sad thing is that while I like her and use her rather than Marth, I couldn't agree with this statement any more. You sir, have earned a "like".
ayy
Who are you talking to DF? Because that's a very mean thing to say to Rizen if it was to him.
lmao

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Could always make a string/read video. I've always thought it more powerful to watch a section where a player makes multiple perfect shields, solid strings, and generally shuts the other person out/answers everything they throw out rather than lightning quick combos. Anticipation, improvisation, compensation. I guess I just prefer jazz.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Do a montage of Link performing the 3 hit jab combo.

Since that's the only choice he has now.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Besides, we'll never make something better than the Brawl combo videos we used to have. This one especially is unmatched:

Top Bottom