• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link Online: The Wi-Fi Thread *Looking For New Owner*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
REDITING POST FOR TOTAL TIME FAILURE

At the time of this post:
Sydney, Australia: Thursday, 11:45 AM.
Salt Lake City, USA: Wednesday, 7:45 PM.

I went by East Coast time thinking you'd know it, but apparently you don't, so we'll go by MY TIME.

Now time for math: 8 PM, 9 PM, 10 PM, 11 PM, 12 AM, 1 AM, 2 AM, 3 AM, 4 AM, 5 AM, 6 AM, 7 AM, 8 AM, 9 AM, 10 AM, 11 AM
That adds up to: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
So we have a 16 hour time difference.
I will be on at 11 AM-3 or 4 PM my time.
Counting forward 16 hours...
3 AM-7 or 8 AM your time.

Sacrifice for me Scabe, sacrifice :tired:

I had the math right the first time I added it up, dangit. :mad:

In Suva, Fiji the time is currently 1:45 PM, or two hours off from Sydney. My math skillz are 1337

:eek: Wow thanks :love:

So I have to wake up at 8am? FFFUUU, I'm sure I can do that if it's for Ano <3.

Does anyone want some friendlies now?

XavonNG

Smash Rookie
:eek: Wow thanks :love:

So I have to wake up at 8am? FFFUUU, I'm sure I can do that. Does anyone want some friendlies now?
I wouldn't mind some, I'm on right now.

Mainly I'd like to just to test my connection, I haven't done friend brawls yet and I need to know if I have to move my Wii closer to my modem.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I'll add both of you guys and I'll hop on now. It's probably best that you two guys play by each other since you live closer. But I'll hop on just in case.

XavonNG

Smash Rookie
The lag actually wasn't that bad, that was a great match!

That second match was a little laggier but still better than all the randoms I play.

XavonNG

Smash Rookie
So compared to the lag from other matches you've played Quirk, is this lag average or a little worse?

The first game we had was pretty good, seems like it got spiky after that.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
The lag with me is unimaginalbe, I play with Huggles and it's like 1 frame a minute. I still have fun playing though :)

quirkynature

Smash Ace
So compared to the lag from other matches you've played Quirk, is this lag average or a little worse?

The first game we had was pretty good, seems like it got spiky after that.
Dude, the lag wasn't that bad. I've had matches as smooth as offlines and so horrid I actually waited five seconds for Link's F-tilt to finish.

Sorry I had to leave, but amazing matches. I'm looking forward them again. Do you by any chance live on the East Coast?

XavonNG

Smash Rookie
Dude, the lag wasn't that bad. I've had matches as smooth as offlines and so horrid I actually waited five seconds for Link's F-tilt to finish.

Sorry I had to leave, but amazing matches. I'm looking forward them again. Do you by any chance live on the East Coast?
Yeah I live on the east coast.

Those were great matches, I look forwards to it again too.

It's a little difficult to pull off some of the ATs when the game spikes, I'm sure you saw me try to pull off my DACUS. My quickdraw was harder to do than that though, but I still managed to do it a few times.

Very fun.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
Yeah I live on the east coast.

Those were great matches, I look forwards to it again too.

It's a little difficult to pull off some of the ATs when the game spikes, I'm sure you saw me try to pull off my DACUS. My quickdraw was harder to do than that though, but I still managed to do it a few times.

Very fun.
East Coast. Awesome. So our time zones are similar, so we can definitely Brawl more.

Yeah, I saw the DACUS (should have shielded lol) and the boomerang v boomerang was hilarious. I'll try replacing my broken GC controller for our next match. I was on the Wiimote for today, sorry.

Scabe, would you mind recording our match if I upload it on mediafire on that other thread? I'd really like a critique.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Haha, I played from East coast to Australia with Scabe, and the lag definitely changes the way you have to play. I tried using a fair off the edge after a zair, and ended up fastfalling to my death :/

Lag isn't too bad when it's close by though. Seems like we've got a good number of people on the East Coast nowadays.

I'd be playing myself with you guys, but it's movie marathon night with guests. We're watching all the Harry Potters until we fall asleep, haha.

XavonNG

Smash Rookie
Haha, I played from East coast to Australia with Scabe, and the lag definitely changes the way you have to play. I tried using a fair off the edge after a zair, and ended up fastfalling to my death :/

Lag isn't too bad when it's close by though. Seems like we've got a good number of people on the East Coast nowadays.

I'd be playing myself with you guys, but it's movie marathon night with guests. We're watching all the Harry Potters until we fall asleep, haha.
Hah, that's just about what's been happening.

It's fun but you definitely have to change your style.

Scabe is really good so it makes a nice challenge for me to improve.

quirkynature

Smash Ace

Yeah, I tried doing a really spiffy ledge stall bomb throw trick I saw Izaw or KirinBlaze do but I ended up falling just far enough that I couldn't recover. Fail. :laugh:

As for movie marathons, we're actually watching LoTR right now. Which is why I had to close the match. My family started shouting after the fourth one lol.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
Hah, that's just about what's been happening.

It's fun but you definitely have to change your style.

Scabe is really good so it makes a nice challenge for me to improve.
Blasted lag. I wonder if Microsoft has this problem with all them Halo fans. They better.

Scabe is scary good. From all the vids I've seen of him, I'd be lucky if I could land a blow or two on him. Funny part is, he thinks he sucks. Has he seen himself play??

Welcome to the Link boards, Xavon. We should have tons of fun.

XavonNG

Smash Rookie
Blasted lag. I wonder if Microsoft has this problem with all them Halo fans. They better.

Scabe is scary good. From all the vids I've seen of him, I'd be lucky if I could land a blow or two on him. Funny part is, he thinks he sucks. Has he seen himself play??

Welcome to the Link boards, Xavon. We should have tons of fun.
I figure it's probably all just reactions to him so he just feels like he's playing bad when in reality he's automatically pulling off all the ATs even in horrendous lag when I probably couldn't do most of them in training. xD

Thanks for the welcome, I look forwards to it. Always been looking for a way to improve my game, CPUs just don't cut it.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
The jedi mind trick is influencing you.

This post does not exist.

You want to go home and rethink your life.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Forgot to mention. Good games XavonNG, I hope the lag wasn't too bad for you.

GG's to Anonano as well, man I got hella ***** against him. I was just testing out the Boomerang > Arrow > Bombthrow to see if it was any good. But it sucks.

If people ever play me, let me know if they want the replays saved just in case you want them uploaded.

Also Zeus, you should actually make some sort of calender with all the times and dates people can play. Or something like that.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Lol that came out depressing and sad and condescendingly.

REMAKE POST
My post from above no longer exists in your memory. It is wiped out of existence. How can I do this?

Jedi mind tricks.

Let us proceed.

VGGs Scabe! The lag was intolerable, but your everyday generic intolerable is what my Wii eats for breakfast, so I got a good kick out of all of our matches, especially the Lylat Cruise match. That was the prime example of why Link players hate that stage, particularly on WiFi.
You've got some really bad habits for being a really good player. Like, bomb draw > boomerang > arrow > bomb throw was an obligatory pause in the match before we could get back to our epic fighting. FAIR FAIR MINDGAME CG THROWS oops customary bomb draw>boomerang>arrow>bomb throw OOH THE JAB CANCELLING, LEDGE GUARDING MINDGAMES!!!!

Honestly, I think we have really similar playstyles. We were both basing our games heavily on finesse, preferring the intensity of minor, technical maneuvers to try to outclass the other person rather than focusing on trying to steamroll each other. For instance, you kept finding different ways to combo and CG me from grabs, while I focused on really forcing you to think hard about how you maneuvered around the ledge.

The last two matches I couldn't keep up the intense playing level anymore and started flubbing as you maintained the pressure and squeezed me. You've got a heck of a lot of mental grit. I'm used to forcing people off-balance when they play me. To have someone doing the same to me--and succeeding--was a pretty intense experience.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
You've got a heck of a lot of mental grit. I'm used to forcing people off-balance when they play me. To have someone doing the same to me--and succeeding--was a pretty intense experience.
Haha, no kidding. I'm used to being the one keeping the other person off-balance and playing mindgames. The times I've played Scabe I've had to give it my all just to limit how badly I was thrown off-balance myself.

I dunno about some of those bad habits though. I have bad habits when I play wifi that I normally don't have, like always using the ledge attack when I get up off the edge since I don't trust I can use a zair > fair or any other ledge tricks with the lag, for example. I bet some of them are a result of the limits of wifi from halfway around the world.

Haha, all this activity here is getting me really excited about the upcoming wifi "tourney."

And by the way, I HATE Lylat Cruise. With a passion. A burning passion that cannot be quenched:mad:

XavonNG

Smash Rookie
Lylat Cruise is so dumb, If you get under that ledge and Up B he won't grab the ledge. :mad:
Even FD has that little notch that if you hit it wrong... -1.

I wish they would have incorporated more of a "slide" up the stage like they did in Melee, but I can see the technical aspect of it too.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
Even FD has that little notch that if you hit it wrong... -1.

I wish they would have incorporated more of a "slide" up the stage like they did in Melee, but I can see the technical aspect of it too.
I just hate the fact that quite a few characters can recover successfully if they get stuck under the lip, but all the DI in the world won't save Link if he does.

Why does Sakurai hate Link so much?

Phir3

Smash Apprentice
Hi guys, I've recently decided to try Link out. I'll hopefully be available for a battle within the next 30 or so minutes. My FC and location are in my profile box thingy on the right.

Phir3

Smash Apprentice
GGs, thanks, you're really good at a lot of characters, too. Although I totally forgot how to play Snake :p I learned a few things from your Link, I'm glad that we played :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom