• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link Online: The Wi-Fi Thread *Looking For New Owner*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
I want to get some matches online with the people here but i always have such awkward timing for well my free time.

Anyone up for a match now?

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I just came up with a cool idea.

I could coach you guys over MSN (that's my preferred way of talking to each other) or we could start a XAT group (probably a better idea) and talk over that. I could give tips and tricks. What do you think?

Also Phir3 I saved the match where you ***** me in Link dittos. Just in case you want it uploaded ;)

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Actually, my sleep schedule is all messed up right now. I can play for a little Ryos, if you want. My FC Is gonna be 1762-4352-9881.

EDIT: Nevermind, we have guests over so my little brother got kicked out of his bedroom onto the downstairs couch where the Wii is. He's already asleep :/ Maybe next time. Sorry.

That'd be pretty cool Scabe. I could definitely use some coaching. The problem is I play so differently on Wifi, I dunno what my bad habits on wifi vs. offline are. I need to get some people to play and save some replays.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
From LGDT:
So, I can be on wifi for like 1/2 an hour.

I was going to ask you, Huggles, but you don't have Visitor Messaging enabled. Go turn that on so people can leave you comments (like when they want to play you!)
Thought I should add that for all new members VMing is automatically disabled. They have to manually enable it now.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
By the way, what's your friend code? I can't find it anywhere :(

Mine is gonna be 1762-4352-9881 again. Screen Name's HRBRT.

EDIT: OK, done. There was a tiny checkbox that's automatically enabled asking if you want to only allow mods and friends to use it. That was the problem I think.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
I had to go look it up because, for the first time in 18 months, I forgot it. :laugh:
4253-3292-0117

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Haha, well I think Ano's done now, but I'm still around if you wanna play Quirky.

EDIT: If I'm gonna be diong Wifi this much over the summer I might be better off just switching my BFC on my profile. It's 1762-4352-9881 just in case you didn't see.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
Awesome. I'll be right on.

I keep getting the 86420 trying to join yours. Try joining mine?

Never mind, then. It seems the traffic is far too high right now. Darn.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
GGs Hugs, I was afraid you'd be pretty bad but those two matches where you won were a definite surprise to me. You're as good as many of the other Links I've played, so thumbs up! The only thing you need at this point is lots of tourneys to attend, and you could probably start beating me much more often.
Sorry about those matches though. First one my dad called, second time my wii froze, third time both our wiis froze, fourth time my mom came home--I'm sneaking this in for you guys <.<. She came downstairs and I disconnected the wii, changed the channel back to the normal one, cranked up the volume and threw the wii under the couch. She just thought it was a great opportunity to get me to help put things in the storage room right by where I was.

Epic stuff.

Brinstar is my homie! No one KOs me until 200%+ there :D

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
She came downstairs and I disconnected the wii, changed the channel back to the normal one, cranked up the volume and threw the wii under the couch
Haha, I was wondering why you were just standing there for like a minute that one match. I was jumping on your head for a bit. Then you just disconnected all the sudden.

Haha, yeah, you're really good yourself. Certainly at least a sizable bit better than me. I've been wanting to do some tourneys for a while, but South Carolina is all Brawled out. I have to go to Georgia or North Carolina to find a tourney. Thanks though! I think I really have learned a TON on this board the past 2 or 3 months. Being experienced in bottom tier characters helps too; I saw Link as a huge improvement over my old mains of Ganon and Captain Falcon :p

I'm thinking Link's spam game is absolutely incredible in Wifi. Ano was getting a bunch of combos in and I got a few in that no sentient person would get caught in offline. Like 0-death combos.

And yeah, noone around here likes Brinstar, so we never play it. I was totally surprised by all the tricks Link can do there, like bouncing on the stuff in teh middle of the stage. I'mma have to go practice it now :D

Sorry about the Wifi Quirky. We'll have to figure out what was going on that wouldn't let us connect. You don't have any mods or hacks or anything, huh? And you have the most recent Wii update too?

quirkynature

Smash Ace
Sorry about the Wifi Quirky. We'll have to figure out what was going on that wouldn't let us connect. You don't have any mods or hacks or anything, huh? And you have the most recent Wii update too?
Latest Wii update? No way!! I have 3.4U and about a hundred CDs for my homebrew channel!! I saw my friend reset his Wii to factory settings and update and then homebrew wouldn't install for him.

Wifi isn't a problem; it's the traffic in my area. It gets nasty around this time. Mornings (8-11-ish) and evenings (6-whenever) is connectable. Lousy timing, I guess.

July Table

Smash Rookie
Just saw this post

Live in the midwest, Arizona, and i need some challenge so add me.
My FC is 4340-6051-5874. I use the name fenix

XavonNG

Smash Rookie
Live in the midwest, Arizona, and i need some challenge so add me.
My FC is 4340-6051-5874. I use the name fenix
Well I WOULD play but I gotta head out for a bit, so I'll only be able to do some late night Brawling tonight. :[

July Table

Smash Rookie
Sounds Cool

Sounds cool to me bleh i got a cold so i'll be stuck here all day (home) so enjoying brawl with random people but yeah i'll check for people online constantly. Chicken noodle soup :D

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Anyone up for a match? I'll probably be checking for like 20-30 mins before i get distracted.

G.i.R.

Smash Rookie
im up for a match. i'll probably be sitting here for about 30 min till i start watcing tv. i can't be on wii and internet, so.... just buddy me and lets play! im no good at wi-fi, so don't be surprised if i fail XD my code is in the left hand side, avatar, box, thingy if you don't want to goto first page

Scabe

Successful Businessman
So guys I've made us a chat room! http://xat.com/Link_Online

So now you can talk to each other and play at the same time!

I'll edit this in the OP:
<embed src="http://www.xatech.com/web_gear/chat/chat.swf" quality="high" width="640" height="480" name="chat" FlashVars="id=99187786" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://xat.com/update_flash.shtml" /><br><small><a target="_BLANK" href="http://xat.com/web_gear/?cb">Get your own Chat Box!</a> <a target="_BLANK" href="http://xat.com/web_gear/chat/go_large.php?id=99187786">Go Large!</a></small><br>

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Thanks guys! :)

I had heaps of fun talking to you guys when the chatroom first came out. :)

I hope that the chatroom doesn't die.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
EDIT: Available to start playing now.

Hope I see some people. D:

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Sorry Quirky, I'm done playing with TwistedSteel now. We can play if you like. D:
4253-3292-0117

XavonNG

Smash Rookie
*facepalm*draaaaaaag hand down*

Well, I wasn't sneaky enough anyways, so my parents got my wii. Sigh.
This happened to me. :[

That's why I haven't been on lately.

I did go back to Melee however and find that due to the slow pace of brawl, I can finally connect all my hits in Melee and do the combos and juggles I've always wanted to do.

I feel like I've finally pushed up another level of play.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
So I've taken note of when people are generally around the boards/chat and are available to play, but due to privacy reasons I'm not going to post unless Quirky, Huggles, Ryos(Negi), Scabe, Xavon, and myself agree. I'm just taking a really wild guess here, but I feel that myself is definitely gonna be the hardest person to convince. He's no sucker, that's for sure.

BUT: Nobody is on early in the afternoons usually. Ha! The mainland USA is out with friends/working, Hawai'i is just getting up, and Australia is finally sleeping (Scabe needs more sleep!). So catch people late at night and well into the morning hours if you wanna play someone. Otherwise, just keep that chatbox open with sound about halfway up so you can hear if someone enters and find something else to do in the meantime.

XavonNG

Smash Rookie
Yeah everyone is usually only on in the mornings and late afternoon. Too much stuff to do in the middle of the day for me.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
I'm going to be free tomorrow the entire day, Wednesday late afternoon/evening and entire Thursday, if anybody wants to Wi-fi.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
I'll have to check around for you tomorrow, then. I WILL play you before I leave. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom