• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link Player Finder

Skeith

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Skeith1
3DS FC
2019-9982-9908
I did not represent link well this weekend lol. I'm gonna have to get better. Got a lot of advice from pro's tho.
I guess better luck next time =/. So how did you place in tourny?

Goast

Smash Journeyman
lol I got 33 out of 60ish. :glare: I think nerves just messed me up. Didn't do anything I practiced. I'm not too upset tho cause I sat down with vudujin and MM'd him. He explained to me a lot mental things that completely clicked when I got home. I have a solid direction of where I need to be and how I need to play. Plus I have people, good people for that matter, I can play against regularly. As soon as I get a few life things in order I'll start traveling to more tourneys.

Supper Hyped about improving!

Skeith

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Skeith1
3DS FC
2019-9982-9908
Its not that bad at least. I remember when I went to my first 2 tournies (I say 2 cuz they were both on the same day), I did so boss considering the tournies were both 30+ people :awesome:.

Goast

Smash Journeyman
lol The placing didn't bother me as much as my own discipline. I just played really bad in comparison. I let really thought I shouldve actually won. but like you said tho next time.

Goast

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking about some ways to use links zair offensive and found a nice little thingy. Draw a bomb short-hop then drop it. Immediately after you drop it airdodge back a little and use zair. It's been working for me as a suprise space attack tool . It's far from spmmable but still really good to a little space on the board (especially FD). The range is deceptive and the bomb protects from a lot of punishes. I'm sure it's been done but I found it's worth mentioning anyways.

Goast

Smash Journeyman
Personally I'll take the 6% + the board positioning. The bomb seriously makes up for much of the lag that comes with it. Give it a shot

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Idk, it would be cool against another slow-ish character, but a character like Marth or Fox I think could make up ground during the ending lag.

Bing

Smash Master
omg moonwalk--> SH (backwards) ---> bomb draw. I'm sure this is old news but it's really sweet!!!
Lol its so sexy.

I've been trying to figure out something useful for zair and the only thing I got is when you're a stock ahead and they're offstage at a decent distance, jump off and Zair for the tick and sometimes they cant recover. Yes, Useless.

Also, Tossing a bomb up and zair to give a second of hitstun. Again, useless. LOL

Goast

Smash Journeyman
I'm all for zair. I'll have to give that a try

any amount of damage you can get with link even 1% is super important if it doesn't cost you. Link is a power hitter who wins with patience in the beginning and using anything in his arsenal. He is unfavored in a lack of reliable combos in comparison to sheik but well equipped imo. ALWAYS bu;lk where you have an advantage Take this with a grain of salt I'm a chess student.

Bing

Smash Master
Honestly I wish Link's Grab had less Lag. he would become so much more viable with a simple change like that.

I spent about an hour last night trying to figure something out for Zair.. I got nothing really, just sh retreating Zairs are okay...

Goast

Smash Journeyman
I'm curious to know how other link players here train. I generally don't have other people to play against so I find myself playing in training mode more than anything.

Bing

Smash Master
I also have no one to train against really(an occasional person here and there plus the monthly Toronto tournaments)

however generally I just play against computers.

I do go Fox in training mode though.. and sometimes Marth.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Being serial, I try to avoid playing computers in general, they don't react or DI like real players so if you play them too much you develop bad habits/become predictable yourself.

Goast

Smash Journeyman
I've done some practicing against lvl 7 cpus. Supposedly their DI is set to random or something like that. I do noticed a difference in the tech-chasing

Skeith

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Skeith1
3DS FC
2019-9982-9908
I'm curious to know how other link players here train. I generally don't have other people to play against so I find myself playing in training mode more than anything.
I used to play/train like almost everyday during the week, that certainly helped so much. Now pretty much its once a week; although its at least enough to get by so I won't get rusty :smirk:.

Also this is finally my 100th post :cool:. (Well at least the one that's counted).

Goast

Smash Journeyman
playing in my very second tourney next month...
Midwest Rage!

I can tell I am getting much better. I'm gonna win this thing bois!

Bing

Smash Master
I've Been doing a lot of Link dittos at tournies lately, I can tell Im getting better with him. Its weird, you learn what works well and what does fairly quickly I find... aka no dairs. Uairs even I rarely use. Also I've been using Zair as a combo breaker LOL

Skeith

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Skeith1
3DS FC
2019-9982-9908
playing in my very second tourney next month...
Midwest Rage!

I can tell I am getting much better. I'm gonna win this thing bois!
Good luck. Maybe it'll be an epic win like my 2nd tourny :cool:; (was amazing btw).

Goast

Smash Journeyman
Good luck. Maybe it'll be an epic win like my 2nd tourny :cool:; (was amazing btw).
OMG SKEITH yes we know!!! your A smash GOD lol How am I supposed to follow THAT legacy

I've Been doing a lot of Link dittos at tournies lately, I can tell Im getting better with him. Its weird, you learn what works well and what does fairly quickly I find... aka no dairs. Uairs even I rarely use. Also I've been using Zair as a combo breaker LOL
Noice! I never use u/dair unless I'm 100% sure it will land. Zair is secretly broken lol

Bing

Smash Master
Dude I love Zair, people just look at me and go WTF

Basically Im figuring that Link is for sure faster through the air(Kind of like Puff) so I just stay airborn with single jumps as not to waste the double. I need to work on Moon walking and the up-b from the stage to the ledge(I know how to do it, I can screw up for some reason)

Goast

Smash Journeyman
I recently found practicing super technical with falco has helped my link game out quite a bit. I used to second marth but I might second him instead.

Goast

Smash Journeyman
Spacies make my hands hurt, I can't do them.
And I need my hands for work, lol.
I think falco's weight speed and jump is good for training if you play link. Fox might be a little better for y link training. I haven't put too much effort into fox tho so don't hold me to it.

With any tech training tho it's better to practice rhythm and start slow. It coordinates your hands without straining.

Top Bottom