• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veeonix

Smash Apprentice
Second Swing of F-Smash could replace F-Tilt.
U-Tilt could replace U-Smash
Need new moves to insert for the 2 missing ones? :p

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
He's left handed, in TP he's right handed. It's Smash Link but that's essentially OoT Link with better graphics. *Shrug*

In TP he was left handed by default in the original Gamecube version, but the Wii port had to flip the screen and make him right handed so it'd correlate with wiimote-swinging hands of the majority of players.

It's not really that important all around, though, of course. They're all just adult Link.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
In TP he was left handed by default in the original Gamecube version, but the Wii port had to flip the screen and make him right handed so it'd correlate with wiimote-swinging hands of the majority of players.

It's not really that important all around, though, of course. They're all just adult Link.
Right, the only right handed Link is from Skyward Sword.

Shure they are all adult Links, and yes, while appareance isnt really what matters the most, it will be really good to see alternate costumes and maybe happens because of the Character Personalization.

Also i was talking only about costumes, not different characters, Link is always Link, no matter if he is a kid, or if he looks like a cartoon, im trying to say that OoT alternate wont hurt anyone, because it clearly has it differences.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Right, the only right handed Link is from Skyward Sword.

Shure they are all adult Links, and yes, while appareance isnt really what matters the most, it will be really good to see alternate costumes and maybe happens because of the Character Personalization.

Also i was talking only about costumes, not different characters, Link is always Link, no matter if he is a kid, or if he looks like a cartoon, im trying to say that OoT alternate wont hurt anyone, because it clearly has it differences.

Oh, I hadn't actually been keeping up with the conversation/your posts, I was just responding to the comment of TP Link being right handed.

I definitely agree that alternate costumes of the different designs should be considered a must. OoT Link probably would look different enough to warrant a costume, especially if he has a slightly different face.

And I'd love to see this guy represented.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
And I'd love to see this guy represented.

Ya I wish they would bring in something from Majora other than great bay termina. Fierce Deity would have everyone wetting themselves before the match even starts.

It would be cool if link got a color scheme or costume like this. Now that I think about it, the deepness of the blues reminds me of the zora suit in TP, which would also be a cool costume

Strider

Smash Rookie
I would love Link to be good for once but I am not going to get my hopes up. Honestly the best incarnation of Link is probably his current form in PM in my opinion. Link has always been my favorite and most played character but now that I am getting into competitive play he is just not stacking up to some other choices.

Mainly though I just don't want him to be as awful as he is in Brawl. When it comes to the second Link, I almost wonder if they would try to put in the old big haired, brown sleeved Link with A Link Between Worlds coming out. I could see something like that happening.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd....0x480/1146689_498709140211432_306212904_n.jpg

So guys, because the Luigi taunt spike is back, I was thinking other characters could have funny and useful taunt abilities. Why cant Link have one? I know being strange is what Luigi is all about, but it would be cool to see it other places.

What if for one of Link's taunts, he pulls out a bottle and swings it in front of him like in OoT when you face off against Ganondorf. It would be hilarious to recreate that moment in Smash.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m42mpxgX6H1rukiqco1_250.gif

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Using a bottle in combat seems like something that'd go to a younger Link. Big Link's all about serious business, and I personally like that distinction.

While I do like the idea of Link capturing things in his bottle and releasing them, it does seem pretty much identical to the Villager's special. A bit too much utility for a taunt, really. Luigi's thing is an Easter egg, while Link's would become an important part of his play style.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
If Sakurai doesn't reinvent Link, there's a chance he'll be in Toon Link's shadow, just like he is in Brawl.
Inferior in so many areas that there's no reason not to use TL instead.

Rizen

Smash Legend
If Sakurai doesn't reinvent Link, there's a chance he'll be in Toon Link's shadow, just like he is in Brawl.
Inferior in so many areas that there's no reason not to use TL instead.
That's not necessarily true. Look at where Link was in Melee, above Young Link:
http://supersmashbros.wikia.com/wiki/Tier_list
Link has good tools and character mechanics; he needs stat boosts like reduced lag and better air movement not a remake. Judging by the screen shots of SSB4 it looks like he will keep his move set for the most part.
http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/link.html

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
About his bombs.
Snake's grenades make Link's bombs look like Christmas Crackers.
It's a disgrace - Link's bombs should be able to kill in SSB4.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

Don't know how I feel with with Nintendo trying to make Link more like Toon Link

Rizen

Smash Legend
^or Young Link. Sakuria said the spike would only work at a certain sweet spot.

Also lol @ Link being over powered. Yeah Link's been way OP in the last 3 smash games

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢

Also lol @ Link being over powered. Yeah Link's been way OP in the last 3 smash games
This in no way possible will make Link OP... unless he's gotten other buffs we havent seen yet. As long as he doesn't shoot down like TL in brawl when he does this move I'll be fine with it... It'l make him feel more like Marth in a way.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
This in no way possible will make Link OP... unless he's gotten other buffs we havent seen yet. As long as he doesn't shoot down like TL in brawl when he does this move I'll be fine with it... It'l make him feel more like Marth in a way.
Oh, hey Gohan. :awesome:
I agree this will in no way make Link OP. He needs to become better somehow.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Don't think it would have him OP, but damn considering he doesn't drop straight down like Toon Link that's a strong tool.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I was looking through the original LoZ concept art and found two very interesting designs for link that could be used as alternate costumes/colors in some way:

A: The Black and Red Link

They experimented with Link's design a lot in the original LoZ, and this was one of the more interesting coloring choices that they used for a bit and ended up scrapping.

B: The one that I have dubbed "The Link that Never Was"

This one's especially interesting because it's so different from the other concept art of Link. It's a much less "blank slate" character than the final Link ended up being. You can tell that they really were focusing on Link being a child and being really scared and uncertain of his abilities at first. He was probably meant to grow as a character throughout the game and become more confident and courageous towards the end of the game. For better or for worse, he was never used.

thedoctr11

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thedoctr11
I

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
Link will be OP just like in the other 3 smash games. I will be maining link obviously like it the other 3 smash games. Finally Link has a spike except his stage spike

Rizen

Smash Legend
Link is totally top tier in all 3 SSBs because he's so fast and has such an OP recovery! On another note I enjoy rubbing salt into my eyes and playing sarcastaball.

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
Link is totally top tier in all 3 SSBs because he's so fast and has such an OP recovery! On another note I enjoy rubbing salt into my eyes and playing sarcastaball.
Are u being sarcastic? Well anyway link is the best and he will stay the best until the world ends! Link rules!!!

Rizen

Smash Legend
Link is underrated and I think a lot of MUs are closer than people think but he is a bad character :(
In SSB64 he was 10th out of 12, Melee he was 16th of 26 and Brawl he's 35th of 38. Most MUs except a few even ones and Ganon are an uphill climb for Link. He has tools but his lag and bad mobility cripple his spacing a lot.

Sorry but I'd say Link belongs about 5 places from the bottom in Brawl. :urg:

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
Link is underrated and I think a lot of MUs are closer than people think but he is a bad character :(
In SSB64 he was 10th out of 12, Melee he was 16th of 26 and Brawl he's 35th of 38. Most MUs except a few even ones and Ganon are an uphill climb for Link. He has tools but his lag and bad mobility cripple his spacing a lot.

Sorry but I'd say Link belongs about 5 places from the bottom in Brawl. :urg:
Dang it! he is a very strong and solid character. Link is always number 1 to me

LunchPolice

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LunchPolice
3DS FC
5456-0847-1584
Sprited myself a Link avatar because Link is the man.

Here's hoping he gets a few buffs this time around! I mean they need to keep his strengths and weaknesses the same but tone the weaknesses down a little bit. Less recovery frames on his attacks would be nice, a return to the knocking power of his Up-B from Melee; I do like my "get the hell off me" moves working as they should.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
If link wasn't so damn bad in every smash game, I'd use him for as long as I draw breath.

I fear though that he will follow the same path he has been down in the previous games.

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
It depends on what you are playing, the tier list is just based on 1 v1 no items on mostly neutral stages. He is a decent character in other environments (such as FFA).
nope, usually the punching bag once people of equal skill to me show up in FFA

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
nope, usually the punching bag once people of equal skill to me show up in FFA
I'll second this.

I can use him with decent success in FFA, but that's because my immediate crowd is pretty lack-luster. And yes I feel like a jerk just saying that haha.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Link's really good in Subspace; easily top tier. But aside from that Link's bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom