• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Linkology: A Link trix video by The GERM

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I would try this out but I dont have my smash game now. Is it possible to do a bomb tech roll? Like down+B, throw bomb at ground then tech roll?

The GERM

Smash Ace
Originally posted by CaliburChamp
I would try this out but I dont have my smash game now. Is it possible to do a bomb tech roll? Like down+B, throw bomb at ground then tech roll?

Yupers, if you're at like 150%, you can roll about half of FD....

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
The bomb tech roll is slightly tricky, though. You have to time when you press left or right, since the roll won’t come out if you press it at the same time as L. You have to press left or right a little after you press L, and you have to press L like a little after you throw the bomb, so you have to be precise. Like the bomb tech jump, it only works if you have at least 34% damage.

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
If you try at any percent lower than 34%, you’ll just wind up CCing the bomb...

StoneColdLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WHAT007
Hey, for some reason i cant download the HUB on my laptop. I've tried at least 5 times and still no success. If someone has the video of Linkology, could you please e-mail it to me at "therattlesnake48@aol.com". I really want to see the video since im a big Link fan.

StoneColdLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WHAT007
I just watched the Linkology video. That is some insane sh** he does. Some things i wanna do but i cant learn it on my own.

1. How do you bomb tech while doing up+B?

2. How do you drop bombs on the ground without them exploding?

Those are some awesome techniques. If you can help me out on how you perform these Linkology, please do.

The GERM

Smash Ace
Originally posted by StoneColdLink
I just watched the Linkology video. That is some insane sh** he does. Some things i wanna do but i cant learn it on my own.

1. How do you bomb tech while doing up+B?

2. How do you drop bombs on the ground without them exploding?

Those are some awesome techniques. If you can help me out on how you perform these Linkology, please do.
haha, sorry bro, I didn't know you double posted. ok:

1. to hit the bomb, the key is not to just up+b straight up. You have to throw the bomb up while your falling down, not at the apex of the jump. Then, again, don't up+b straight up, after you throw the bomb up, up+b toward the way your facing and back around so the bomb hits Links back. So Basically, throw the bomb up while you're falling, arc an up+b toward the way Link's facing and then back toward the bomb so it hits his back.

2. If you are on a hill, just small hop and press Z as soon as you jump, that should do it. If you wanna do it on flat ground, it helps to do a small hop backward or forward and press Z as soon as you hit the ground...

hope this helps, peace oUt......

StoneColdLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WHAT007
Thanks GERM. I got it down now. I guess I was doing it all wrong, lol. One quick question. While doing the teching with up+B, do you need to be above 40% or do you have to be at a higher percentage to do it?

I let me friend see the video, he thought you were insanely fast.
Thanks again.

~PyRo~

Smash Cadet
The bit where you were flying around Hyrule Castle using bombs made me think I'd missed some super insane trick for a minute there, until I realised you had like 300% damage >__>

Great Vid, though. It didn't bring anything new to the table, but it was **** fun to watch!

Zarelid

Smash Lord
are you kidding? I use it cause Links falling through platform speed is faster then his jump, so it basically speeds up your air game, and instead of completely faling through the platform and leaving your sex kick out there, cause it can only hit once. you can L cancel it faster. then when you completely fall through, but this tech is VERY situational and will be RARELY used

Zarelid

Smash Lord
no 1, because up B would take longer to start up then a platform cancel sex kick, 2, the spin doesn't under Links body(and the best time to platform cancel is when they are under you). and 3 if you miss with the spin then your ****ed, where as if you miss with a sex kick you can IMMEDETLY L cancel, and shield with no lag.

Tibiaking

Smash Cadet
Awesome...

I'm speechless...

but I can't figure out how to go up in the air by throwing your bombs up... Every time I try it the bomb just doesn't explode... what am I doing wrong?

maximuspita

Smash Ace
You can throw the bomb and spin atack into it at any time after the height of your second jump. It is the easiest way to measure the bomb recovery, also try to land the bomb on the back of link's head. If you still arent exploding then try killing yourself, its weird but once i didnt explode like 15 bombs, killed myself and exploded everyne after that.

clonedlink

Smash Rookie
Germ

help me out here germ all this talk of your video has got me pumped to see it but the problem is i cant find it :(

i searched the hub but maybe i'm just blind

Froboy

Smash Apprentice
Hey
My name is Blake a.k.a. Froboy. I am new to these forums, however, I am already a fanatic of your link abilities. My favorite character is link, and I have been playing with him pretty much since the sequal came out (I was a Cpt. Falconer in the first game). Anyway, here at my hometown in AR., I dont know anyone who stands a chance against me. No one is really interested in the game anymore, and I have no one to practice on. So I have fallen behind in the game. However, you have inspired me. I dont know how you do most of the things i saw in your videos, and because I am new to these forums, I am not familiar with the terms given to different techniques and I find it difficult to follow along with peoples explanations. So if you could, please respond with some easier instructions helping me out. I would really appreciate it if you could help me, if not, please at least respond.

Thomas Tipman

Smash Champion
yeah the link nitro-blazer gave you should help alot. welcome to the boards and i recomend you check out Hylian Nightmare which is an other vid germ has out that owns just as much as linkology....maybe a little bit more :cry: .

skissors

Smash Rookie
Sorry, I'm new here. Where/what is this "hub" thing? I checked the FAQ but it's not in there. I added GERMdbr to my AIM buddy list, but he's never on. I'd really like to get this video. Can someone tell me how to?

Thanks.

fatdoggmendoza

Smash Rookie
please! someone help me out with finding linkology. must...see..it..now. :(

i represent one of the very few African smash bros players. help a guy out.

thanks

Top Bottom