• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link's Match-Up Chart thread

cjugs

Smash Ace
got ya. been working on my spacing so that i dont get shield grabbed as much n working to make my attacks more precise. love the up-b to grab the ledge thou, mad legit
Spacing is something that you can't practice it's just comes with practice and even the best links mess it up sometimes. Yeah i would had to agree.
So i remembered that you always said you could combo marth real well so i'de like to c you do that in match.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Fox 20:80
Falco 30:70
Sheik 25:80
Marth 40:60
Jiggs 45:55
Falcon 35:65
Peach 50:50
Ganon 45:55
IC 50:50
Samus 60:40
Dr.Mario 40:60
Mario 40:60
Luigi 45:55
DK 55:45
Pikachu 55:45
Young Link 48:62
Zelda 75:25
GAW 60:40
Mewtwo 60:40
Yoshi 70:20
Roy 60:40
Ness 58:42
Kirby 58:42
Bowser 90:10
Pichu 80:20

Blazing

Smash Apprentice
I think Skler and Shaeman are even on Link dittos.

Players I seen him beat:

Germ
Blazing
Spife
Skler's friend (I forgot his name.. But they played on the livestream at Pound 4.)
Me (LOL I main Young Link)
Skler(?) <- Can't remember if that happened or not.

Yeah he beat me, but he knows I won the most and I beat him at pools XD anyways did I play you rhan? cause I remember That I played a lot of young Link players at one moment xD

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
My point was just because a player is technical doesn't make him better so i'm not convinced that HDL >>>skler.
I wasn't trying to argue i was just discussing,
I think my link was better over the summer it's harder to say now. pacman would prolly be better than me if he had better ppl to play with and didn't dj all the time.
Yeah i'm not convinced either. skler definitely has absolute knowledge of Link. He pretty much knows every option. I want to see him make it out of pools so he can show what link can really do.

Falco 30:70
Sheik 25:80
Jiggs 45:55
Falcon 35:65
Peach 50:50
Ganon 45:55
Dr.Mario 40:60
Mario 40:60
Luigi 45:55
Young Link 48:62
Yoshi 70:20
Ness 58:42
Kirby 58:42
Couldn't agree more. But I think samus it should be 55:45 or 50:50

Yeah he beat me, but he knows I won the most and I beat him at pools XD anyways did I play you rhan? cause I remember That I played a lot of young Link players at one moment xD
Lol yeah. I'm not gonna john (though I have many).
But be prepared if we play again (:

cjugs

Smash Ace
Even though it's the number one problem peoploe complain about i feel like it should be discussed more, HOW DO YOU BEAT CAPTAIN FALCON?!?!?!?!?!

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Falco Link is much harder than Fox Link. Fox got the auto combos, but at least you can effectively run away, and apply your own pressure. You can't do either vs Falco without waiting for Falco to **** up.

Fox/Link should be 70/30, and Falco/Link should be 80/20

Falcon Link is 60/40 in Falcon's favor at best.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Play a good falcon.
And i think fox and falco are equally terrible to link.
applying pressure to fox? LOL.
I play with gg7 on a regular basis. Where's your rebuttle?

Link's only major problem vs Falcon is his lack of speed. Link's moves have a lot of wind up, and his tech roll can be punished on reaction. The reason why the match up isn't nearly as bad as Fox/Falco is because Falcon is much easier to combo, and edgeguard. Falcon's height gives Link options not available vs space animals, and the way Link combos generally forces characters off stage, which sets up edgeguard opportunities.

Link's able to pressure Fox with preemptive aerials, boomerangs, bombs, and well-spaced fairs and jabs. Links projectiles and the "hero kick" are good for restricting Fox's movement, and keep him grounded, which is where your grab mixups come into play. Link's tech chase game on Fox is above average due to his long-range grab, and fair.

Cmon man, I don't even MAIN Link. Get on my level.

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
Link easily edge-guards fastfallers so he should have at least 30:70 on Fox and 40:60 on both Falco and CF.
I want to put my boots on them and get the off teh stages to be edgeguarding them....
haow do eye dew that?

I play with gg7 on a regular basis. Where's your rebuttle?

Link's only major problem vs Falcon is his lack of speed. Link's moves have a lot of wind up, and his tech roll can be punished on reaction. The reason why the match up isn't nearly as bad as Fox/Falco is because Falcon is much easier to combo, and edgeguard. Falcon's height gives Link options not available vs space animals, and the way Link combos generally forces characters off stage, which sets up edgeguard opportunities.

Link's able to pressure Fox with preemptive aerials, boomerangs, bombs, and well-spaced fairs and jabs. Links projectiles and the "hero kick" are good for restricting Fox's movement, and keep him grounded, which is where your grab mixups come into play. Link's tech chase game on Fox is above average due to his long-range grab, and fair.

Cmon man, I don't even MAIN Link. Get on my level.
MM?

rhan

Smash Hero
Lol I know you did. His Falco sucked *** back then.

And yeah I remember playing you. Though I'm a very forgettable face. You're not though. You're like freaking hardcore.

Also Shae's about to **** this money.

SoVA is AZ on steroids and milk.

Blazing

Smash Apprentice
I think i remember you XD if you are then you have a kick *** Y.Link :)

Shaeman go get some money and represent link ;)

My take on match ups:

Falco 35:65
Sheik 20:80
Jiggs 40:60
Falcon 40:60
Peach 40:60
Ganon 55:45
Dr.Mario 55:45
Mario 55:45
Luigi 60:40
Young Link 60:40
Yoshi 80:20
Ness 60:40
Kirby 70:30

Blazing

Smash Apprentice
Lol I copy pasted your post and modified some match ups xD so yeah my opinion is similar to yours :) and lol sorry for my lazzyness I did not notice the yoshi match up xD

cjugs

Smash Ace
Falco Link is much harder than Fox Link. Fox got the auto combos, but at least you can effectively run away, and apply your own pressure. You can't do either vs Falco without waiting for Falco to **** up.

Fox/Link should be 70/30, and Falco/Link should be 80/20

Falcon Link is 60/40 in Falcon's favor at best.
falco Can't gimp link with shines at 0% nor does any of his moves kill link as soon as fox's moves does. Falcon is almost better in every way than link except for recovery and projectiles yeah you can edguard falcon but killing him 4/4 times on the edge is very hard because there will be situations where falcon can get back on and link lacks good finishing moves to kill falcon with.

Fox is harder to edguard his recovery is better and edguarding fox 4/4 till he dies is between really hard and impossible. his lassers make him camp better and he is so much faster than falco so that makes it worse.
i'm beginning to think falcon is worse than

falco falcon has easy moves to land and kill you for example falcon can **** link with grab....Just grab upthrow knee is miserable he combos link Maybe even better than falco. Falco's lassers are tough but he is a slightly bigger target than fox he is slower he can't kill link as soon he is easy to edguard because you won't have to do it repeativly because his recovery is so bad. you can tech his edguards it's hard for him to edguard you and he can't do any infinites.

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
Lol I copy pasted your post and modified some match ups xD so yeah my opinion is similar to yours :) and lol sorry for my lazzyness I did not notice the yoshi match up xD
Lol duh. I like yours too. I honestly can't form an opinion because I don't see many links play.

falco Can't gimp link with shines at 0% nor does any of his moves kill link as soon as fox's moves does. Falcon is almost better in every way than link except for recovery and projectiles yeah you can edguard falcon but killing him 4/4 times on the edge is very hard because there will be situations where falcon can get back on and link lacks good finishing moves to kill falcon with.

Fox is harder to edguard his recovery is better and edguarding fox 4/4 till he dies is between really hard and impossible. his lassers make him camp better and he is so much faster than falco so that makes it worse.

falco falcon has easy moves to land and kill you for example falcon can **** link with grab....Just grab upthrow knee is miserable he combos link Maybe even better than falco. Falco's lassers are tough but he is a slightly bigger target than fox he is slower he can't kill link as soon he is easy to edguard because you won't have to do it repeativly because his recovery is so bad. you can tech his edguards it's hard for him to edguard you and he can't do any infinites.
Pretty much sums it all up. Where's Skler when you need him?

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
link should be able to ban two stages.
btw everyone vs sheik, if you didn't strike dreamland and FD, forfeit the match and try losers bracket.

cjugs

Smash Ace
Lol duh. I like yours too. I honestly can't form an opinion because I don't see many links play.

Pretty much sums it all up. Where's Skler when you need him?
I feel like i'm taking crazy pills when all i see is people saying falcon 60/40 and fox 60/40 and falco 80/20.

Shaemann what's the next tourny you are going to because i'de like to get some matches going.

Agreed about skler, probably writing a paper somewhere. Why does school ruin everything?
How come no one mentioned sheik when we were talking about bad matchups? shes prolly right next to fox.

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
I guess the sheik matchup is just common knowledge on these forums.
No hope lol. (Or the chances are just very low... like lethalx said)

But i'm going to pound 5, and plenty others after December. I just haven't heard of any yet.

EDIT: Wow blazing, I didn't see what you said... Get money and represent link?
YEASSSS I GOT DISS

Rubyiris

Smash Hero

If you're getting shine-spiked at 0% you shouldn't be playing SSBM, that argument is irrelevant.

Fox is only SLIGHTLY harder to edgeguard than Falcon and Falco, and only if you're inexperienced. Another irrelevant argument.

Falcon has the grabs, but his pressure game is infinitely inferior to Falcos, which Link has the biggest problem in dealing with, and I already covered the fact that Falcon can tech chase Link on REACTION.

Welcome to 2010, kids. Your outdated logic is meaningless. Get on my level.

@Rhan: You think SoVA is better? Does SoVA have any of the following?

The best Pikachu player in the world
The best Mewtwo player in the world
The best Yoshi player in the world
The best Ice Climbers player in the world, who also constantly reinvents their playstyle.
The player who invented Falcos metagame
The players who are currently REINVENTING Falco's metagame

No, you don't. Get on AZ's level.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Taking a short hiatus from link so I can focus on Falco, but I'd be happy to contribute some to this after GSG2.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure he's saying please do to the contributing part.

If you guys can, try to get Taj in here. Taj is a better link player than me, but we generally share the same MU opinions. :p

Top Bottom