• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link's Match-Up Chart thread

Skler

Smash Master
Fox is like, really clearly link's hardest MU. Rubyiris lives near Forward so he just has to deal with great Falcos way too often. Link can at least gimp Falco if he catches him and gets lucky. Link just follows Fox around and gets the crap kicked out of him whenever Fox decides to stop lasering and start busting skulls. Really, Fox has to first decide "I'm going to actually fight instead of auto-win" before Link is allowed to do anything. That's how you know the matchup is that bad. A non-circle camping Fox is a little easier than Sheik, but still a really bad matchup.

Sheik is pretty self-explanatory. She's better than you at everything except for recovering and having bombs. If you aren't recovering or having bombs you had better be really good or you'll lose that section of the match, and you don't win by being really good at recovering.

Falcon is kind of like a Fox with no lasers and fewer gimps. He still combos the bejeezus out of Link (he actually does it a bit better than Fox most of the time, he just has a harder time landing that first hit) and generally prevents Link from coming back barring any really crazy Link tricksies that only work once and not even all that often. He's also a little bit harder to combo than Fox, but he makes up for it by being easier to edgeguard almost all the time. I say almost all the time because sometimes Falcon has his double jump and will use it to smack you if you jump out after him. Fox never does that because Fox can't attack while offstage without making himself dead.

Falco is just really, really good at making sure Link can't do much. He doesn't gimp very well because Link has 18 recovery modes and Falco can't go far enough out to do anything about most of them. He combos well but lacks combos into his better kill moves. His combos are very SDIable and thus less likely to murderate you in one go. Falcon and Fox don't care how far you DI, they'll just kick/knee/yiff you in the face anyways. Falco has a much better lockdown game, but he really isn't that threatening (to Link) outside of that one area; admittedly that one area is MORE than enough to make Falco a bad MU for Link.

If Falco could effectively edgeguard Link he'd probably be the hardest MU aside from circle camping Fox. Since he can't you can still smile as long as you're below 130% because you know he won't be taking that stock as long as you don't make any mistakes. Just remember that doing 20% to Falco is almost taking half his stock, since that's when your launchers actually do things to him. Actually, I kind of love going against Falco because you can spam grab and his lasers will reset you. If you see him try to laser approach throw a grab out and get ready for massive hilarity when your grab gets him and the laser cancels it out. Crazy things happen all the time and at the very worst you get hit by a laser and have time to shield, forcing him to either grab you (who cares, it can only lead to MORE GRABS or trading hits in the air) or attack your shield.

Come to think of it, if Falco had a good grab game against Link he'd be a lot harder too. Falco just has a hard time murderizing you, he has no trouble building damage or making you feel useless.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I don't live near forward lol. 2 and a half hour drive, sir.

I play with v3ctorman on a weekly basis, who also happens to have an exceptional falco with a lot of link exp.

I stopped when you said Falcon is harder to combo than Fox. You're clearly doing it wrong.

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
Please take a break or please contribute? :) Shaeman is the next tourny you are going to pound?
Yeah i think so.

Fox is like, really clearly link's hardest MU. Rubyiris lives near Forward so he just has to deal with great Falcos way too often. Link can at least gimp Falco if he catches him and gets lucky. Link just follows Fox around and gets the crap kicked out of him whenever Fox decides to stop lasering and start busting skulls. Really, Fox has to first decide "I'm going to actually fight instead of auto-win" before Link is allowed to do anything. That's how you know the matchup is that bad. A non-circle camping Fox is a little easier than Sheik, but still a really bad matchup.

Sheik is pretty self-explanatory. She's better than you at everything except for recovering and having bombs. If you aren't recovering or having bombs you had better be really good or you'll lose that section of the match, and you don't win by being really good at recovering.

Falcon is kind of like a Fox with no lasers and fewer gimps. He still combos the bejeezus out of Link (he actually does it a bit better than Fox most of the time, he just has a harder time landing that first hit) and generally prevents Link from coming back barring any really crazy Link tricksies that only work once and not even all that often. He's also a little bit harder to combo than Fox, but he makes up for it by being easier to edgeguard almost all the time. I say almost all the time because sometimes Falcon has his double jump and will use it to smack you if you jump out after him. Fox never does that because Fox can't attack while offstage without making himself dead.

Falco is just really, really good at making sure Link can't do much. He doesn't gimp very well because Link has 18 recovery modes and Falco can't go far enough out to do anything about most of them. He combos well but lacks combos into his better kill moves. His combos are very SDIable and thus less likely to murderate you in one go. Falcon and Fox don't care how far you DI, they'll just kick/knee/yiff you in the face anyways. Falco has a much better lockdown game, but he really isn't that threatening (to Link) outside of that one area; admittedly that one area is MORE than enough to make Falco a bad MU for Link.

If Falco could effectively edgeguard Link he'd probably be the hardest MU aside from circle camping Fox. Since he can't you can still smile as long as you're below 130% because you know he won't be taking that stock as long as you don't make any mistakes. Just remember that doing 20% to Falco is almost taking half his stock, since that's when your launchers actually do things to him. Actually, I kind of love going against Falco because you can spam grab and his lasers will reset you. If you see him try to laser approach throw a grab out and get ready for massive hilarity when your grab gets him and the laser cancels it out. Crazy things happen all the time and at the very worst you get hit by a laser and have time to shield, forcing him to either grab you (who cares, it can only lead to MORE GRABS or trading hits in the air) or attack your shield.

Come to think of it, if Falco had a good grab game against Link he'd be a lot harder too. Falco just has a hard time murderizing you, he has no trouble building damage or making you feel useless.
There's that massive paragraph essay I was waiting for...

I don't live near forward lol. 2 and a half hour drive, sir.

I play with v3ctorman on a weekly basis, who also happens to have an exceptional falco with a lot of link exp.

I stopped when you said Falcon is harder to combo than Fox. You're clearly doing it wrong.
No seriously, it seems illogical but, falcon is harder to combo than fox. Catching falcon in a combo may be a little bit easier, but the actual comboing part, it's easier to do on fox.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Vman (or Angel? Is he good?) is only the best Yoshi because Eggm wh0red out to good characters because he wanted to win.

Skler

Smash Master
Fox is really easy to tech chase, Falcon has a stupider weight AND a stupider fall speed. Fox is really simple to combo.

Can you utilt him and will it launch him high enough? Utilt.

Utilt not strong enough yet? Uair.

Did he DI away? Dash attack, or weak uair if he didn't DI quite far enough.

Is he at a killing %? Spin attack/dair/nair him off the edge.

With Falcon you have to worry about him leaving stun after utilts and other crap. I'm pretty sure he's also got a tech that isn't as atrocious as Fox's, or at least it seems that way. Fox is way too easy to tech chase with grabs, any dthrow you get on him can get some decent damage if you don't screw up. Falcon you can't really do anything to out of a throw. Dthrow isn't strong enough, uthrow is iffy at most percents and Link doesn't actually have a fthrow or bthrow.

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
I wish i knew the specifics so I could argue for link, but as i'm playing, i notice these things.
I just can't put them in words =/
But skler gets it so easily, i swear he writes wayyyy too many essays.

Skler

Smash Master
I'm really used to writing essays. If you average out my writing each semester it's probably about a page a day since I have to take tons of writing intensive courses as a Journalism major (this semester I'm in editing so I actually don't write that much, just for my other lit class). My IT classes give me a break, but they're difficult in their own way. You know, actually requiring you to be smart rather than be able to communicate.

As far as writing goes I think reading a lot is a better teacher than actually writing a lot. Good writers (depending on what you're looking for, don't read a ton of novels and expect to become a good persuasive writer) have lots of similar techniques that you pick up by reading enough. Writing is a good way to test them out and see what fits you.

Also, Link. His nair is really good. Me and Mat.Zeb once had a Link vs Falco match, nairs only. Too bad Link's nair is the alpha AND the omega.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Lol I know you did. His Falco sucked *** back then.

And yeah I remember playing you. Though I'm a very forgettable face. You're not though. You're like freaking hardcore.

Also Shae's about to **** this money.

SoVA is AZ on steroids and milk.
Might be a double post.. but..........

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..

Rhan.. send me a friend request on Xbox Live.. my GT - VectorM4n...

I'm a buy you halo 3.. and we gonna get you dat 50... seeing that level 33.. is killing me...
just watched a few of your Young Link Matches...

you got a fan in me.. <3

@KirbyKaze....yeah man.. I remember watching many of Eggm's Yoshi... I wish he still played him.. I'd have loved to play Eggm's prime Yoshi....however... fun fact...

Eggm was once AZ!... <3 wooot... another fun fact..

AZ - used to have a wondeful young Link player... his name was Hanki.... beat myself, Axe, Forward.. all of our Falcos at some point in time.. >< scary... sadly.. he just... vanished.. >< *cries*

rhan

Smash Hero
Might be a double post.. but..........

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..

Rhan.. send me a friend request on Xbox Live.. my GT - VectorM4n...

I'm a buy you halo 3.. and we gonna get you dat 50... seeing that level 33.. is killing me...
just watched a few of your Young Link Matches...

you got a fan in me.. <3

@KirbyKaze....yeah man.. I remember watching many of Eggm's Yoshi... I wish he still played him.. I'd have loved to play Eggm's prime Yoshi....however... fun fact...

Eggm was once AZ!... <3 wooot... another fun fact..

AZ - used to have a wondeful young Link player... his name was Hanki.... beat myself, Axe, Forward.. all of our Falcos at some point in time.. >< scary... sadly.. he just... vanished.. >< *cries*
Oh god... don't watch my terrible old matches...

I got new ones locked away in a vault on Shaeman's comp but he hates me and is too lazy to even post one of my newer matches up that ARE actually good.

Cuz he's a hater.

I'll post a VM on your profile about the Halo stuff.

Edit: I ALSO REMEMBER HANKI!

cjugs

Smash Ace
Couldn't agree more with shaeman i thought about trying to say what skler said and actuallly tried and it's to much effert and ima be pissed if people don't get it and it kind of seems like everyone including myself thinks at first falco is worse than fox and then you get a lil better at the game and notice it's fox it's just not skler said falco does have comboes but he doesn't have options he needs a uptilt or something to start a pillar and than what?2 nuetral airs? not the best comboer at higher percents.
Fox has uptilt grab (prolly best and easiest option) upsmash shine...holy cow that's miserable to get out of, and his kill moves are devistating his shines leads into upsmash or dsmash or grab falco can fthrow and shoot lassers. I'm in slightly disagreement falcon falls slightly slower and he is a bigger target so i think he is easier to combo than fox, i also thought falco was easier but maybe that's because i hit falco 5 times and he's about to die. So my essay was not really gramatical and probably not great so skler does it bother you know when people have poorly written essays?
Also falcon doesn't really have a good combo breaker like fox and falco do with nair or dair or shine or something like that.

cjugs

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure he's saying please do to the contributing part.

If you guys can, try to get Taj in here. Taj is a better link player than me, but we generally share the same MU opinions. :p
Uhm no i dont think he did. :)

He is good with link? Because taj kinda seems like a guy who's better than half of other peoples mains than they are because he is just good at the game.

Skler

Smash Master
Poorly written essays only bother me if they don't get their point across. Grammar is nice, but what matters is the content, not the delivery.

Falcon has a few good "please stop hitting me" moves, the bair and the uair. My problem is he isn't incredibly easy to combo into kill moves at higher %s like Fox and Falco are. It's just too simple to combo Fox and Falco well (you could literally write a program that does it, it doesn't take any adaption), whereas with Falcon you can't chain quite as many hits because if he SDIs he'll get out of stun by the time you get there. Then he bairs you.

If the spacies SDI you just lol and do a dash attack or spin attack because they'll be at the right height for it at the times you're actually trying to combo rather than land kill moves. With Falcon he'll be getting out of stun in midair, so you're forced to use less potent killers since the dair takes about 15 years to come out. Also, uthrow dair doesn't work on Falcon if I remember correctly. That's hella annoying. At least you always get the kill when you grab Fox/Falco around 90 (yes, you should be killing them earlier, but it's still nice to have) and you aren't on dreamland. With Falcon you have to wait until he's around 120% before you'll actually kill him (you start hitting around 110) with dthrow spin. Falcon's weight screws up all your grab combos and his fall speed makes chaining uairs/utilts/dash attacks impossible around 70 unless you have platforms or are being crazy with weak uairs.

Summary: Falcon can only be comboed effectively into a strong kill move (or at all once he gets past 70 or so) if you're doing Link's most difficult combo technique of weak uair juggling or juggling him onto platforms. Fox and Falco can always be hit into a kill move with a grab when it'll actually kill them, and they're much easier to combo at anything but the lowest of %s, and that's when they're tech chase bait. It takes two strong combos (at low %s a strong combo is just tech chasing, you'll almost always kill them or send them off the edge if you utilt them around 40) to kill Fox/Falco, and those combos aren't difficult if you land a launcher or a grab. Against Falcon your combos are far from guaranteed, you can't rely on bad techs at lower percents, and you can't always combo into a strong kill move at higher percents.

cjugs

Smash Ace
Poorly written essays only bother me if they don't get their point across. Grammar is nice, but what matters is the content, not the delivery.

Falcon has a few good "please stop hitting me" moves, the bair and the uair. My problem is he isn't incredibly easy to combo into kill moves at higher %s like Fox and Falco are. It's just too simple to combo Fox and Falco well (you could literally write a program that does it, it doesn't take any adaption), whereas with Falcon you can't chain quite as many hits because if he SDIs he'll get out of stun by the time you get there. Then he bairs you.

If the spacies SDI you just lol and do a dash attack or spin attack because they'll be at the right height for it at the times you're actually trying to combo rather than land kill moves. With Falcon he'll be getting out of stun in midair, so you're forced to use less potent killers since the dair takes about 15 years to come out. Also, uthrow dair doesn't work on Falcon if I remember correctly. That's hella annoying. At least you always get the kill when you grab Fox/Falco around 90 (yes, you should be killing them earlier, but it's still nice to have) and you aren't on dreamland. With Falcon you have to wait until he's around 120% before you'll actually kill him (you start hitting around 110) with dthrow spin. Falcon's weight screws up all your grab combos and his fall speed makes chaining uairs/utilts/dash attacks impossible around 70 unless you have platforms or are being crazy with weak uairs.

Summary: Falcon can only be comboed effectively into a strong kill move (or at all once he gets past 70 or so) if you're doing Link's most difficult combo technique of weak uair juggling or juggling him onto platforms. Fox and Falco can always be hit into a kill move with a grab when it'll actually kill them, and they're much easier to combo at anything but the lowest of %s, and that's when they're tech chase bait. It takes two strong combos (at low %s a strong combo is just tech chasing, you'll almost always kill them or send them off the edge if you utilt them around 40) to kill Fox/Falco, and those combos aren't difficult if you land a launcher or a grab. Against Falcon your combos are far from guaranteed, you can't rely on bad techs at lower percents, and you can't always combo into a strong kill move at higher percents.
Well for those of us who don't combo spacies perfectly sounds like you should make a comboes thread where you can talk about comboing and tech chasing spacies i would read it.

Skler

Smash Master
You just utilt, dash attack, uair or grab. If they hit the ground it's an easy tech chase (hey have to tech in place or away from you to stand a chance, if they tech behind they're still in easy grab range). If they SDI a utilt they're generally in dash attack range, if they SDI the dash attack you can probably hit with ANOTHER dash attack (if you can't it's a tech chase, and if you grab them they probably die). Normal DI is just way too easy to combo from, you follow them with utilt, weak uair and dash attack which is super easy because they fall into your sword. They're really the ideal character to combo (once they're past 30) for Link since you can choose from two different kill moves depending on the situation and no DI from them will give them a sure-fire escape (the worst they can do is SDI and force a non-guaranteed tech chase). Assuming no combo mistakes Link will get a crazy strong combo if he launches them at 30, you just need to pick the right move each time. The only way for a space animal to always end a Link combo is to DI off the stage or for the Link to use the wrong move, and they really don't like doing that.

You can set up a Fox/Falco to combo by plugging in a controller while holding a direction. Just pick the character you want first and you have an automatic punching bag that DIs in one direction to smack. Then try doing it with Falcon.

cjugs

Smash Ace
I'll play with that, so the finishers that link has are dair and prolly fair so how to u land them because at certain times dash attacks fox or falco will just come back down and hit me while i'm in lag soooooooo yeah.
ok so what's the best way to combo falcon? or Marth?

Skler

Smash Master
Falcon is similar to the spacies except that he has a less ideal fall speed and weight. Your grabs don't work right against him so you generally uthrow -> uair at mid %s and at lower percents you uthrow -> avoid his wrath or dthrow -> try to tech chase. Combos on him are mostly uairs and whatever else looks like it'll hit.

Marth is just a bunch of kicks into grabs into kicks. He's floaty so you can't juggle him right (at lower %s you can do it ok though), but getting him above you is a huge deal because Marth sucks at being above people. Bairs are sexy against Marth, but that's your primary combo move. If you get a grab you get a free utilt or two and put him above you or you can be tricksy and throw out a series of bairs and other shenanigans to mix it up and hope to land more grabs. Generally you want to put him in the air, and that's about it.

cjugs

Smash Ace
landing a hit on marth is near impossible if he fairs enough because i always find my self retreationg against him. I'm finding link has to try 4 times harder than anyone to win............

HiIH

Smash Lord
I'd most definitely agree that fox is easier to combo than falcon, but falcon is alot easier to start combo's on usually. They just don't go on as long.

Skler

Smash Master
If marth fair spams you can just grab when he gets near the ground. Free grab! Once they get in range you can't do that, but careful spacing really negates SHDF spam.

Also yes, Falcon isn't too horrible to land the first hit on (compared to Fox, but nobody's harder to hit than Fox anyways) but the combos are upsettingly short when every other character in the game spanks Falcon if they touch him. You can still kill him in a few good combos if there are some DI mistakes involved, I just wish Link could do what Sheik or Fox do after hitting him.

cjugs

Smash Ace
My fox secondary might be pulled out against alll falcons from now on.
I'de like to see some of these fox combos on video vs falcon i just wanna see because i always kind of liked comboing falcon better but than again maybe my falcon isn't what your guy's falcons are.

Skler

Smash Master
Everyone except skler has to go a top tier in tournament to get out of pools. then go link in brackets to represent! <3
Hah, it's been a while since I actually did well at a national tourny (a year?). Out of the four I've been to I only made it out of all pool rounds twice. Unless you count gameunicon, I did fairly well there but there were no pools so hah! I'm fine with folks CPing the really hard MUs (Fox, Shiek, Falcon and maybe Falco) but you honestly don't have to CP if you're significantly better. Against people who aren't those four characters you never really have to CP at all, you just have to know the MU well and still be better (you need to be better to win with any character).

[johns]Link players just get screwed hard in pools if they get unlucky character distributions. **** that all Falcon, Sheik and Fox pool. That was dumb as hell. [/johns]

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
Hah, it's been a while since I actually did well at a national tourny (a year?). Out of the four I've been to I only made it out of all pool rounds twice. Unless you count gameunicon, I did fairly well there but there were no pools so hah! I'm fine with folks CPing the really hard MUs (Fox, Shiek, Falcon and maybe Falco) but you honestly don't have to CP if you're significantly better. Against people who aren't those four characters you never really have to CP at all, you just have to know the MU well and still be better (you need to be better to win with any character).

[johns]Link players just get screwed hard in pools if they get unlucky character distributions. **** that all Falcon, Sheik and Fox pool. That was dumb as hell. [/johns]
I kno right? I had pc chris -___-
Pools SUCKK.

Links my best character................
lol dang, picking up a high tier aint hard.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
if you get good with falco you'll subsequently become decent with fox.

anyways so there are a bunch of random links in cali apparently. none of them are that good tho.

it surprises me like, how bad people are at tech chasing, comboing, and edgeguarding with link. i tried explaining to some of the players i played with that uthrow doesnt combo into anything vs spacies until mid-high percent and to use dthrow to build up damage and they'd be like LOL UR WRONG despite the fact that A. I play link and B. I'm better than them.

some of them have rly good spacing tho. now if only they knew links follow-ups better. :X

cjugs

Smash Ace
I link to upthrow when i think they are stupid enough to dj and let me hit them with 16 upairs other than than i techchase. hard to techase no tech though i guess uptilt has worked the best at that. you're right because all i did yestorday was practice tech skill with falco and my fox was for some reason easier to control. hard to pick which one, i've also decided that falco is HARDER to win with than fox :)

Skler

Smash Master
Uthrow at lowish %s on spacy/falcon+ no DI = LOLUSMASH. Fox falls through it sometimes, but Falco and Falcon are tall enough that it works. Not that you should ever DO the uthrow usmash since it requires your opponent messing up badly...it's still a fun thing to do. Ok i just really love the usmash for reasons I don't quite understand.

I use Fox when not using Link (or Samus, who's like a more different Link) because I feel he's easier to employ basic strategies with. Falco kind of forces you into "be good, use lasers and don't mess up your tech skill or you get roflstomped" whereas Fox lets you do whatever you want. I can run away and pew pew for a bit, I can DD around and nair spam as long as I space right, I can be a technical player if I ever develop a semblance of tech skill or I can play the uthrow uair game and only go for grabs. There are so many good options!

cjugs

Smash Ace
^ My fox is better because like you said his options are easy and almost unlimited but falco's combos look purrrrrrrrdy cool i think so not the scrubby dairing a bunch when people miss techs but the shines on plats the somehow lead to fsmash are legit ;)

Skler

Smash Master
Those are techy though.

I suck at techy. My fox is lucky if he can shorthop.

People think I'm kidding when I say that. I'm not.

Skler

Smash Master
So I finally got to play Taj and Axe, and have revised my Pikachu/M2 matchup thoughts accordingly.

I did not expect M2 to have such good ways of punishing slower moves and avoiding Link's general spacing tools. Then again, nobody has any experience in this MU so I'm probably just talking to myself. Either way, at the level he's at I couldn't find a single reliable way to counter M2's teleport movement shenanigans and CC game. Maybe grabbing more would have been effective, but M2 has a fast enough jump and he spent a fair amount of time not quite on the ground. M2's nair is also surprisingly effective against Link's nair, which is distressing. Your jabs are too slow to keep him off of you without eating CC dtilts and everything else is even slower than the jab! Once a hit got off it was smooth sailing because M2 is sort of like Marth as far as comboing goes, but damn it's hard to land those hits.

Pikachu is...well it's still Pikachu. A well played Pika doesn't have many additional tricks, he just uses the ones he has really well. The Pikachu boomerang dash/SWD is actually a good approach for him though. Quick attacks are really effective against the hookshot too, so that's another new thing I saw a bit of with Axe. Pika still relies on gimping power and doesn't combo Link all that ferociously (though he can move you around the stage reasonably well, and that's how he wins). I'd stick by the Pika thoughts I've had before with it being pretty much even with a bit of swing based on stage. I definitely didn't feel as suffocated as I did against Mewtwo (pika doesn't have a really strong pressure game due to his lack of range and Link's jab helping you zone a lot better), though I had to watch out for going airborne a whole lot more. Any movement into the air was just inviting him to beat the crap out of me and get gimps. You can NOT escape the edge against him, he's just too good with the tail, his grabs and the quick attack. Also the skull bash. I didn't expect to be edgeguarded nearly as easily as Axe did it, but I'm almost convinced there's no way for Link to recover against Pikachu if the Pika plays it perfectly. If the tail misses he still has quick attack, he can skull bash if you try and recover without sweetspotting.

cjugs

Smash Ace
^ Well rubyiris said taj plays a good link so he's gotta be aware of the matchup.
That being said do you think you have enough XP against mewtwo? Because i have a feeling he has alot more xp against link than you might against M2 idk though. Plus tajs mewtwo is tooooooooooooooooo good.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
I haven't played Trevyn's Link in 2.5 years. The last Link I did play was Germ's in friendlies at Pound 4. We played an extended set and I came out on top. :) It was a pretty close set, and I would say that it's slight advantage Link overall, but definitely not a 70-30.

I think Link has slight advantage on Pikachu based on my friendlies against Axe. I think my Link is my only character that consistently beats his Pikachu, lol.

cjugs

Smash Ace
I haven't played Trevyn's Link in 2.5 years. The last Link I did play was Germ's in friendlies at Pound 4. We played an extended set and I came out on top. :) It was a pretty close set, and I would say that it's slight advantage Link overall, but definitely not a 70-30.

I think Link has slight advantage on Pikachu based on my friendlies against Axe. I think my Link is my only character that consistently beats his Pikachu, lol.
I meant that you knew the matchup because you played link and sort of "learned the enemy" if that makes any since. Why does link have a slight advantage? keep in mind i have never played a mewtwo lol so i'm not arguing i'm asking.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
ylink does a bit better against mewtwo than link id say. got more speed and projectile combos that m2 cant reeally get out of. Cant link always combo m2 from his dthrow?

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
You can reliably grab Mewtwo when he lands from his teleport (that is if he teleports in front of you). You can also grab his large hitbox on his tail which is kind of funny... yeah I just remember doing a lot of grabs when I play against Mewtwo, but punishing his teleport with grab was definitely the biggest thing helping me out.

Top Bottom