• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Little Mac, W.V.B.A. Champion confirmed for SSB4

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
... I don't think anyone was discussing the rumor in this thread, really. :p

Now that you've brought it up, it does seem like Little Mac fans aren't really celebrating the rumor much but instead discussing the things that go against his inclusion like the Villager's gloves... weird. Well, we've waited long enough... perhaps we'll get more information in the upcoming week.

VillageofFitness

Smash Apprentice
My friend brought up an interesting point. The boxing/wrestling ring from the trailer confirms Little Mac, because who else would that even be for?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
My friend brought up an interesting point. The boxing/wrestling ring from the trailer confirms Little Mac, because who else would that even be for?
Smash in general. There are Smash logos several places on the stage, and no traces of anything specifically Punch-Out.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Smash in general. There are Smash logos several places on the stage, and no traces of anything specifically Punch-Out.
I think they've done that for other stages. Plus, the only two Smash stages are Battlefield and Final Destination.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think they've done that for other stages. Plus, the only two Smash stages are Battlefield and Final Destination.
Tradition can change. Either way, I didn't say it definitely wasn't a Punch-Out stage, I said it could possibly be an original Smash stage.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Tradition can change. Either way, I didn't say it definitely wasn't a Punch-Out stage, I said it could possibly be an original Smash stage.

Yeah, I definitely think you're right about this, N3ON. There've only been a few Smash games, so whenever people talk about patterns/what's historically been true it's pretty iffy.
The stage could be for Mac, it could not be... I think, either way, they would still probably throw the Smash symbol in the center.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Maybe the Smash logo was only there for promotional purposes, and is just temporary, being changed to the WVBA logo when Mac is revealed? Maybe Sakurai just wants to build hype/troll the fanbase at the same time.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I have a feeling that Little Mac is all but confirmed at this point. I am pretty sure he is already in the game, just not announced yet.

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
The argument that Little Mac "can do nothing but punch" is thrown out the window by the presence of unorthodox fighters like the Personal Trainer and the Villager. It's still likely that he may end up stealing a prop or a move or two from rival boxers, sure, but anyone saying they can't build a moveset out of him is dead wrong at this point.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I thought that the stage resembled the PWT from Pokemon Black and White 2

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Little Mac has beenConfirmed by the leak if you believe it.
Before E3 someone claimed that the WF Trainer, Villager, Megaman, Pac Man, Mii and Little Mac will be announced for SSB4.
Probably not a coincidence.

bobadz

Smash Ace
This is a better explanation.

Here's the story.

About a week ago, respectable NeoGAF member Sal Romano, who runs a site called Gematsu, received an email from a source claiming that Villager, Mega Man, Wii Fitness Trainer, Little Mac, Pac-Man, and Mii would be revealed at E3. Sal did not post this on his site because he wasn't able to verify the information, but he did jokingly post the list a day before SSB4's reveal on NeoGAF as a "prediction" just in case it was correct.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=62304489&postcount=2996

Look at the date. It's important to note that the post hasn't been edited at all.

Sal told me that as soon as Wii Fit Trainer was revealed, he ran and posted the list on his site because he knew at that point it couldn't have been a lucky guess from his source.

http://gematsu.com/2013/06/wii-fit-trainer-joins-super-smash-bros

I received some additional verification that I'm not going to post, but that's the gist of it all. Sal's legit and his source is credible. It's only a matter of whether Nintendo decided at the last minute to change their E3 plans and hold off on Little Mac, Pac-Man, and Mii.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/66442330

This is also the guy who leaked the UMVC3, PSABR, and Injustice Gods Among us rosters.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

Well, there's also Fighter Hayabusa from Pro-Wrestling (creepy guy next to Mike Jones in my sig).

My theory is that both Little Mac and this guy (if available) would share the same stage. Hence the Smash Logo.

But I'm getting way ahead of myself. First I'll be happy when they announce Little Mac. THEN I can start fan-tasizing about other characters.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
The ring has uncanny similarities with the Major Circuit ring from the Wii game. The mat color, the rope colors and the corners are all the exact same. The only difference is that everything regarding W.V.B.A is wiped out, and instead we got a Smash logo in the middle.

Not to mention, there's a possible reason why there's a smash logo instead of WVBA: Punch Out is composed of different circuits. Maybe, as a reference to that, they decided to add the Smash logo and name the boxing ring "Smash Circuit" as a homeage to the different circuits. It'd make sense too, since this isn't the first time it happened. (See: Smashville. Regardless of the lack of a Smash logo.) Also, the Mr. Game & Watch stage had "Smash Bros" on it.
There's also the fact that the audience is literally the same as Punch Out Wii's.
Well, there's also Fighter Hayabusa from Pro-Wrestling (creepy guy next to Mike Jones in my sig).

My theory is that both Little Mac and this guy (if available) would share the same stage. Hence the Smash Logo.
There are four ropes. It's a boxing ring. Wrestling only has three.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
The ring has uncanny similarities with the Major Circuit ring from the Wii game. The mat color, the rope colors and the corners are all the exact same. The only difference is that everything regarding W.V.B.A is wiped out, and instead we got a Smash logo in the middle.

Not to mention, there's a possible reason why there's a smash logo instead of WVBA: Punch Out is composed of different circuits. Maybe, as a reference to that, they decided to add the Smash logo and name the boxing ring "Smash Circuit" as a homeage to the different circuits. It'd make sense too, since this isn't the first time it happened. (See: Smashville. Regardless of the lack of a Smash logo.) Also, the Mr. Game & Watch stage had "Smash Bros" on it.
There's also the fact that the audience is literally the same as Punch Out Wii's.

There are four ropes. It's a boxing ring. Wrestling only has three.

O.O I had no idea. The more you know.

So if the rumor about Little Mac, and Mii is true , and they are both in. That'll be 3 characters with boxing moves. (Mii will probably have Wii Boxing from Wii Sports, Animal Crosser has a small boxing combo, and then Little Mac of course). Throw in DK who's no stranger to Punch Out, and we've got 4 characters worthy of stepping into the ring. :D

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm almost positive it's just a generic Smash stage. Not because it's plastered with Smash, but because why would they bother to leave such an obvious nod to an unrevealed character?

bobadz

Smash Ace
I'm almost positive it's just a generic Smash stage. Not because it's plastered with Smash, but because why would they bother to leave such an obvious nod to an unrevealed character?
Castle siege was revealed before any Fire emblem Characters.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
But not before any Fire emblem characters made their appearance in a Smash game as a fighter, the difference between this situation and that one.

Unless if I missed Castle Siege being revealed before Melee? No? Oh.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

I didn't say it definitely wasn't a Punch-Out stage, I said it could possibly be an original Smash stage.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I think by now we should expect the unexpected.

For all we know Sakurai could come out and say: "You're all wondering what's up with the Smash Ring, right? Well, that stage belongs to a character" *insert teaser, image, trailer here*.

He's not done it before, which is PRECISELY why he could do it now. If there's a pattern in Sakurai, is the fact that he has no patterns!

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I didn't say it definitely wasn't a Punch-Out stage, I said it could possibly be an original Smash stage.
And what I'm trying to say that it's DEFINITELY a Punch Out stage. Will eat crow if I'm wrong, but I very much doubt it.

Ferox Arena from Fire Emblem Awakening is also a stage in the 3DS version. That's an obvious nod to Awakening, yet we still didn't get Chrom/Lucina/whatever crappy character Awakening has. (And I'm sure we will.)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
And what I'm trying to say that it's DEFINITELY a Punch Out stage. Will eat crow if I'm wrong, but I very much doubt it.
Yeah, you could be right, but it's still presumptuous to presume such on a stage plastered with Smash Bros insignias and logos with no references greater than a colour scheme to Punch-Out. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying we shouldn't assume yet. I agree it would be strange if we got this stage and a Punch-Out stage that turned out to be different than this one.

Also the crowds are not the same.
[collapse=Punch-Out Wii Crowd]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Smash Bros Crowd]
[/collapse]

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Am I the only one that sees the uncanny rescemblence to the SUPER Punch Out ring?

Look at the color of the ropes. Look at the color of the ground. And the whole atmosphere.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Am I the only one that sees the uncanny rescemblence to the SUPER Punch Out ring?

Look at the color of the ropes. Look at the color of the ground. And the whole atmosphere.

Yeah, it's close, but Spinosaurus is right in that it perfectly resembles the Major Circuit ring in Punch-Out Wii..

The order of the coloured ropes is the same as in the Smash stage.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Yeah, it's close, but Spinosaurus is right in that it perfectly resembles the Major Circuit ring in Punch-Out Wii..

The order of the coloured ropes is the same as in the Smash stage.
Huh, nice catch! When you think about it, the logo on the mat was always the logo of the circuit he was fighting in, wasn't it? If he's fighting in the Smash Bros. Circuit now, having that there would make complete sense. Either way, the stage looks freaking amazing.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Huh, nice catch! When you think about it, the logo on the mat was always the logo of the circuit he was fighting in, wasn't it? If he's fighting in the Smash Bros. Circuit now, having that there would make complete sense. Either way, the stage looks freaking amazing.

Maybe there'll be some type of deeper story interwining with Punch Out's story?

I mean... Villager did get a letter of invitation... but.. to what? Just a random mash up of characters from different universes... OR... A Super Smash Bros tournament.

I think the ring will play a large role in the game, somehow... Perhaps there'll even be a King Hippo boss fight!

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
Fire Emblem stage was included in the first Brawl trailer without any references to those characters to be found.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Fire Emblem stage was included in the first Brawl trailer without any references to those characters to be found.
But not before any Fire emblem characters made their appearance in a Smash game as a fighter, the difference between this situation and that one.

Unless if I missed Castle Siege being revealed before Melee? No? Oh.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Yeah, I definitely don't think the FE comparison really works. We had two FE characters in Melee, seeing a FE stage in Brawl doesn't exactly make you go "Whoa crap, are they going to have a Fire Emblem character?"

Man. I really hope we get some character reveals today. Getting back to the computer after working all day would be much nicer if there was a green-gloved lord of the ring waiting at the Smash website.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Yeah. And don't get me wrong, I have nothing wrong with Mac being included, I just doubt that the boxing ring would be his stage.
If he's not revealed by the end of E3, that rumor's wrong as well so we can't rely on it "confirming" his appearance.

Gilius Thunderhead

Smash Apprentice
Possible? Yes, but don't you think it'd be pretty messed up for Sakurai to include a boxing ring stage and NOT put in Little Mac? I think little Mac is definitely gonna be included in the final roster, it's just a matter of when he's revealed. Also that stage being a Punch-Out!! stage would explain why it's full of real people, it looks just like the ring where you fight Sandman and Donkey Kong, save the smash logos.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Something to note. At the end of the developer interview, there is some footage of 4 player matches with all the Wii U stages shown so far. You can tell the music for all of them EXCEPT the arena stage. Interesting.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Something to note. At the end of the developer interview, there is some footage of 4 player matches with all the Wii U stages shown so far. You can tell the music for all of them EXCEPT the arena stage. Interesting.
MAC BABY's LOOKING GOOD!

D

Deleted member

If that boxing ring stage is Mac's, would it be called "Smash Circuit", "Smash Bros. Circuit", etc.?

Sinn

Smash Lord
Yeah. And don't get me wrong, I have nothing wrong with Mac being included, I just doubt that the boxing ring would be his stage.
If he's not revealed by the end of E3, that rumor's wrong as well so we can't rely on it "confirming" his appearance.
What do you think would be his stage? About the only other thing I can think of is the sidewalk where Doc's riding a bike in front of him. Maybe a gym? He and WFT could share a stage =V

Possible? Yes, but don't you think it'd be pretty messed up for Sakurai to include a boxing ring stage and NOT put in Little Mac? I think little Mac is definitely gonna be included in the final roster, it's just a matter of when he's revealed. Also that stage being a Punch-Out!! stage would explain why it's full of real people, it looks just like the ring where you fight Sandman and Donkey Kong, save the smash logos.
For some reason the first thing that entered my mind was that it was Dedede's ring from the Kirby games, but the real people and the Smash logo kinda changed my mind on that.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Little Mac is my most wanted character, I was so disappointed when he was just an assist trophy in Brawl but this time around I'm all but certain he's making an appearance.

Less curious about if he's in or not (rumored leak true or not I still say he's in) more curious what kind of moveset we'll see? either generic boxer Mac or stolen enemy moves Mac. I feel there are pros and cons to either and I'd be happy with either I'm just really curious how Sakurai decides to go with him.

Also Punch-Out has SO much character in it's...well characters, I'd love to see Doc, King Hippo, and Bald Bull incorporated into the game in some way; Boss assist trophy or part of Mac's moves/entrance etc...

Top Bottom