• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Little Mac, W.V.B.A. Champion confirmed for SSB4

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well I'd like to be able to use Lil' Mac in Smash 4. I could see him using a counter attack as his Down-B attack. Though I do wonder if it'll function a little different than the Fire Emblem character's counter.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well I'd like to be able to use Lil' Mac in Smash 4. I could see him using a counter attack as his Down-B attack. Though I do wonder if it'll function a little different than the Fire Emblem character's counter.

I got it. In reference to his own game where he had to avoid an attack and them hit his opponent off guard, instead of being a percentage thing it does set damage with no knock back but stuns the opponent briefly, opening them to attack. The higher the foe's damage the longer the stun.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I got it. In reference to his own game where he had to avoid an attack and them hit his opponent off guard, instead of being a percentage thing it does set damage with no knock back but stuns the opponent briefly, opening them to attack. The higher the foe's damage the longer the stun.
Hmmm. Yeah, that could work out pretty well actually. I like the sound of it.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
And as a bonus, stunned characters have stars twirling around their heads.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
I'm not much of a Little Mac fan, but I'd certainly support a character if they had a cool counter based gameplay like that.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I find it kind of funny. Generally, Little Mac is an often-suggested and wanted character, but generally, his supporters are pretty silent. The same thing happens with Palutena support. It's certainly there, just really quiet.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I find it kind of funny. Generally, Little Mac is an often-suggested and wanted character, but generally, his supporters are pretty silent. The same thing happens with Palutena support. It's certainly there, just really quiet.
YEAAAAAHH!!!! I WANT LITTLE MAC AND PALUTENA! WOO GO THEM! OH YEAH!!!

that better?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
For those who support Little Mac, are you guys re-playing any Punch-Out games in anticipation for Little Mac's possible confirmation five weeks from now?

I think Little Mac has a good shot at being among the first newcomers confirmed for Smash 4.
I don't need a reason to replay Punch Out games, but... Good idea!

Sadly... my Punch Out disc was scratched (moral: don't lend your games to just anyone) -_-
I'll probably buy another one sometime.

I expect to see Little Mac on the teaser trailer on E3. No later than that. He's THAT worthy, imo.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Considering that he'll be right after Flamenco, not long for me to wait. Just need to beat Flamenco first.

....after I finish Geist.
Hoo boy, you're in for a treat.

TD Bald Bull is gonna make you crazy, took me a while to figure him out. Sandman is still the hardest though. I found Ryan and Super Macho Man to be very easy, same with Soda but that's because I figured out his new trick pretty fast. (Otherwise he's gonna be hell, I'd reckon.)

Anyhow, it's gonna be criminal if the Major Circuit theme doesn't in up in Smash. Also, the championship title themes are pretty overlooked. Would love to see Don Flamenco's title theme in particular.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
TD Bald Bull is the sole reason I don't replay TD mode too much. :( And he is by far the hardest character to beat in the game for me. Even more problematic than a certain hidden charaacter at the very end (which I still haven't beaten, mind you).

After him, the other 2 are a joke. But man I hate Bald Bull!! (Don Flamenco was a fun fight, on the other hand)

Great game! :D I just wish it had a... "good" ending.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think the tone of Doc Louis's voice is chirpier if you beat the "secret" character.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I could imagine TD Bald Bull being such a huge pain in the ass if you don't restart after a mistake because his fight allows little margin for error to beat. He's also basically the fight where you may or may not have to change your style completely all things considered. Giving that I was going for that fight style since the start of TD I thought Sandman was harder.

Also, does this certain secret character appear at Mac's Last stand completely random? I beat 13 boxers or so (with no loss yet) but I still haven't seen him. :(

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Also, does this certain secret character appear at Mac's Last stand completely random? I beat 13 boxers or so (with no loss yet) but I still haven't seen him. :(
Its kinda random, you could get to him after two matches, and you could get to him after more than that. Just keep on fighting and youll eventually get to fight him.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I felt like the Wii version of Punch Out was the easiest. I've been working on the SNES one and I think that one is the hardest (with the exception of Mike Tyson on the NES).

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
To me, from easiest to hardest goes like this:

Punch Out Wii (contender campaign)
Super Punch Out!
Punch Out (arcade)
Super Punch Out (Arcade)
Mike Tyson's Punch Out (/Mr Dream)
Punch Out Wii (Title Defender)

And I really do hope we get a Punch Out U!
Hope we get new boxers. They could revisit some of the Snes ones, and some of the arcade ones.
Heck, would be awesome if Little Mac entered some sort of Free-combat like tournament with his own skills to fight other characters with other styles such as Muay Thai, Karate do, Kendo, Sumo, etc. (Super Punch Out from Snes sort of did this, but it seemed more like the boxers were cheating, lol)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Little Mac could very well be confirmed in just 3.5 days, yet there is not much hype or discussion about a possible confirmation for him. Its weird how a lot of the characters whom have a good chance of being confirmed in just a few days (and are among the most wanted characters for Smash 4 in general), had their threads be pretty inactive during the week prior to E3.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Little Mac could very well be confirmed in just 3.5 days, yet there is not much hype or discussion about a possible confirmation for him. Its weird how a lot of the characters whom have a good chance of being confirmed in just a few days (and are among the most wanted characters for Smash 4 in general), had their threads be pretty inactive during the week prior to E3.

We pretty much know what he'll look like and how he'll probably play. Being pretty certain that he's getting while there are no reasons for him not to be included so... there really isn't much to talk about.

I'll be super surprised if he doesn't get in. In fact, I'll be super surprised if he doesn't get into the introduction trailer. I support him, but there's not really much "hype" about it, y'know?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Unlike K. Rool and Ridley, there is hardly anything going against Little Mac. So, there isn't anything to discuss.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Unlike K. Rool and Ridley, there is hardly anything going against Little Mac. So, there isn't anything to discuss.
Lack of Japanese popularity.
Lack of "flashy" moves.
Small series.

He has some things going against him. Not much though.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I think we've pretty much discussed everything about Little Mac...

Moves, color schemes, alternate costumes, story perhaps? Stages, etc.

I'm glad everyone thinks he's basically a shoe-in. And I'm definitely hyped for his inclusion. I was just playing POwii the other day to hype myself up more.

I should also start a Sin & Punishment marathon since Saki is my 2nd/3rd most wanted character (not counting Mega Man of course).

I could go back to wondering what his story could be like. If there were something along the lines of a SSE.

I'd love for him to tackle Donkey Kong in story mode. :D (or if there's a "rival system" like in SSF VI)

BTW, I made this out of hype years ago, just when Punch Out was about to be released.
http://diegichigo.deviantart.com/art/PunchTropics-123244199
It's a "boss rush" story of Little Mac in the islands of StarTropics. Made it for fun, really.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think Ridley and Little Mac may be fighting for the Western audience choice. If that is the case, I hope Ridley wins.

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
I'll just say that I'm hoping Mac gets in as a playable character, he's not the one I want most, but he's pretty dang close.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
BTW, I made this out of hype years ago, just when Punch Out was about to be released.
http://diegichigo.deviantart.com/art/PunchTropics-123244199
It's a "boss rush" story of Little Mac in the islands of StarTropics. Made it for fun, really.
I'll admit, I was hoping that it was a little video game, but it was still fun. :)

I don't really think about Ridley and Little Mac fighting for the Western spot... but I guess I'm not a Japanese developer, so maybe I just don't have the same perspective.
... besides, as always...

Can't they just work together?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'll admit, I was hoping that it was a little video game, but it was still fun. :)

I don't really think about Ridley and Little Mac fighting for the Western spot... but I guess I'm not a Japanese developer, so maybe I just don't have the same perspective.
... besides, as always...

Can't they just work together?
lmao, that looks like a new Pokemon breed, when you combine Hitmonchan with Aerodactyl.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
anyone else think Little Mac is a shoe in for the new trailer on tuesday? (I do.)
He HAS to be! But yeah, I'm sure he's a shoe in. That's why I'm so excited. :D

Even if Sakurai theoretically couldn't come up with moves for him, Namco Bandai know as they have a L-O-T of fighting game experience under their belts.

I'm just eager to see who they pit him up against. :D I want him to one-two-uppercut Ridley so bad! (Just because it would look awesome for a humble short boxer to pummel a huge space dragon, lol).

MagnesD3

Smash Master
He HAS to be! But yeah, I'm sure he's a shoe in. That's why I'm so excited. :D

Even if Sakurai theoretically couldn't come up with moves for him, Namco Bandai know as they have a L-O-T of fighting game experience under their belts.

I'm just eager to see who they pit him up against. :D I want him to one-two-uppercut Ridley so bad! (Just because it would look awesome for a humble short boxer to pummel a huge space dragon, lol).
I hope he moves really swiftly, give him ducking moves to move him quickly across screen (like dudley) dash punches (like balrog) they could have alot of fun with his moveset.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I feel like thinking of moves for him is exceedingly easy... the difficulty is making super flashy moves. I, for one, am actually totally fine with him largely just representing actual boxing maneuvers.

Though I definitely like him more when I imagine him as a tiny flyweight boxer... makes the thought of him popping DK off the stage much funnier.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I feel like thinking of moves for him is exceedingly easy... the difficulty is making super flashy moves. I, for one, am actually totally fine with him largely just representing actual boxing maneuvers.

Though I definitely like him more when I imagine him as a tiny flyweight boxer... makes the thought of him popping DK off the stage much funnier.
He dont need flash, He Got Heart.

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
anyone else think Little Mac is a shoe in for the new trailer on tuesday? (I do.)
I wish I had such confidence, I've got a bad feeling about him. Maybe me wanting him so badly is making me pessimistic. I'll breath a big sigh of relief if he's reveled.

Showing him beating up a gigantic character such as Bowser or Ridley is actually a good idea since one of the big things about Punch Out is Mac, a very small fighter, impossibly being able to defeat opponents greatly bigger than him.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I wish I had such confidence, I've got a bad feeling about him. Maybe me wanting him so badly is making me pessimistic. I'll breath a big sigh of relief if he's reveled.

Showing him beating up a gigantic character such as Bowser or Ridley is actually a good idea since one of the big things about Punch Out is Mac, a very small fighter, impossibly being able to defeat opponents greatly bigger than him.
Ridley has an epic intro is kicking a ton of veterans butts then looks at the screen with confidence then roar's then out of nowhere a left hook from little mac knocks ridley down.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I can't wait for a possible Little Mac reveal. In my opinion, Punch-Out!! is probably the most deserving "new series" to get a character in Smash Bros., especially since Animal Crossing characters were shot down. Mac's got history, after all.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

I think the best possible thing they could do is Mac fighting Ridley, then getting a Super Mushroom with the caption: "Who's too big, now?"

The entire thing could be from his PoV, too. Or even have the see-through mechanic.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I think the best possible thing they could do is Mac fighting Ridley, then getting a Super Mushroom with the caption: "Who's too big, now?"

The entire thing could be from his PoV, too. Or even have the see-through mechanic.
Or he could end up fighting someone hes already exchanged blows with as well

Little mac has been my most wanted character since melee, and i want, no i need to see him get in this game. Its been a long ride, and during brawl it was hard to see people shoot him down at every chance they got with "hes too boring" and things like that. But im so happy to see peoples opinions have changed completely, and now many are just as eager to see him as i am, its good to finally see the little guy get the respect he deserves.

Anyway its time to start training all over again

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I wouldn't mind seeing Lil Mac punching it out with an angry pick-wielding mole, hehe.

How do you guys feel about getting a bigger/heavier/stronger/slower clone of Little Mac, maybe King Hippo?

Top Bottom