• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Live2Win presents: Fight For Your Friends! 2 - March 21st-22nd 2k9 - Montreal, Canada

ThatGuy

Smash Master
You can enter all the events, but bear in mind we will be strict on time. If you're nowhere to be found and you need to play a match, we will have to give you a DQ for that match.

I will have my number on the first post on Wednesday. You must attempt to reach me or any of the other TO's if you need a time extension of some sort. No exceptions!

DO NOT BRING YOUR OWN LIQUOR TO THE VENUE!!!

Fogel

Smash Lord
You can enter all the events, but bear in mind we will be strict on time. If you're nowhere to be found and you need to play a match, we will have to give you a DQ for that match.

I will have my number on the first post on Wednesday. You must attempt to reach me or any of the other TO's if you need a time extension of some sort. No exceptions!

DO NOT BRING YOUR OWN LIQUOR TO THE VENUE!!!
I have a question on this, since the two main Brawl and Melee events will be running simultaneously. What happens if, while playing a match for one event, we get called to play a match for the other (ex: I am in Brawl Doubles and Melee Singles; I'm playing my Brawl Doubles match, then get called for a Melee Singles match)? Will there be some kind of leniency on time?

I understand that you guys want to keep to the schedule, but I am hesitant to register for both Melee and Brawl events if there's a good chance I'll be disqualified for one while playing a match in the other.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
There will be, but try to get your bracket matches done first, as those tend to hold up tournaments more. If we get a good rotation going here we shouldn't have too many conflicts. The DQ will only take effect if we cannot contact you or you purposely stall for the upcoming match (lol no stalling). We will have a large speaker system available so you will be able to hear our match reports if we need stuff to get done.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Can we have a place for friendlies or are they just gonna be after the tournie (like after 3 on sunday)
I dont really have the money to join the low tier tourny :( So I want to know if I go, what would I do if Im not in the tourny.

kr3wman

Smash Master
For the low tier tournament, what tiers would be considered Low tier? F/G?

Linkshot

Smash Hero
OKAY GUYS

It looks like I will be making it (along with Moses, Zylem, and possibly one other Ottawaian).

I WILL BE BRINGING A WII AND TV.

HOUSING IS NEEDED.

Also, I'm only going to register in Brawl Doubles + Singles.

Steb

Smash Journeyman
For the low tier tournament, what tiers would be considered Low tier? F/G?
Yeah that would be the low and bottom tiers.

I'm teaming with Techiyo for brawl doubles. Dunno what out team name is though.

And if it matters, I'll be in all Brawl events and Melee singles (I never got the chance to go to one :( ).

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Probably not going anymore. dmbrandon is really iffy about it due to money and a job interview on Friday and M2K says he's going to HERB now.

Sorry @ Canada. I really wanted to go, but oh well. Maybe next time. :(

kr3wman

Smash Master
He's probably distracted by the money he could get at HERB. Or the fact that he is afraid of snow, probably. The latter explanation is more plausible.

swordgard

Smash Hero
he's probably just scared of ally.
Yup, m2k is scared of his new increased skills he acquired during the last 2 days.

Same for Inui, probably scared that a sonic may beat his MK again. JK lol, dont take it personal XD. We totally accept the fact that you may not come to this, just dont wonder what happened once you find a horse head in your bed during the night.

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
i still stand by my "pansy" statement.

Maybe we should alter rules in orger to get him to come?

C WUT I DID THAR?

kr3wman

Smash Master
Well, punch someone or something, there has to be a way!

THERE'S ALWAYS A WAY! NO COMPROMISES!

swordgard

Smash Hero
Everyone CAN drive, not everyone MAY drive, there is the difference :p

If you get here, wel give you a cookie!

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Probably not going anymore. dmbrandon is really iffy about it due to money and a job interview on Friday and M2K says he's going to HERB now.

Sorry @ Canada. I really wanted to go, but oh well. Maybe next time. :(
Well, I guess we should get used to Americans 'confirming' for our tournaments :dizzy: hopefully sometime in the future then.

At least this makes our housing situation easier. :p

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Aww the Americans aren't coming.

However, this does make me feel better about not being able to go :)

M2K and friends, come to a Toronto tournament! Or the Hamilton tourney in August!

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
haaaaaaags. Alright, I can't make it, for various reasons. My hands are injured and aren't up to playing smash until they're healed, especially all weekend, and I'm poor as **** anyway and don't have much money. So yeah. Next time I'll try to come.

Sorry guys. I was looking forward to this. Good luck with everything.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
at least inui isn't coming anymore.
man that guy sounds like the biggest **** in the world holy **** i can just imagine how smug he is irl.

anyways who would be down for a Street Fighter 4 side event at the event? I can get 1, maybe 2 360s but i have 0 sticks.

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
at least inui isn't coming anymore.
man that guy sounds like the biggest **** in the world holy **** i can just imagine how smug he is irl.

anyways who would be down for a Street Fighter 4 side event at the event? I can get 1, maybe 2 360s but i have 0 sticks.
I can bring my ps3 without sticks too :3

EDIT: people have to stop confirming only to unconfirm at the last minute. I mean, put yourself down as unsure at least so it helps gives the TOs a better sense of what to expect.

Top Bottom