• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Live2Win presents: Fight For Your Friends! 2 - March 21st-22nd 2k9 - Montreal, Canada

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Yeah, krew. You can totally take Ally in Grand Finals as long as you spout out random jokes!

EDIT: Btw Ally, I'll be bringing him to FFYF2. He's unconfirmed as of now, though.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
If I have spare money.

Ally.

Random-char (optional Random-LegalStage) $5 MM Bo5.

Up for it? >O

Also. Upon getting Samus, 5 seconds must be given to give the user a chance to switch, if they so wish to switch.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
looking back, '08 felt like a magic year for me. Joining for the brawl release, and then leaving, seeing as I couldn't get my hands on the game, and then coming in the summer for my first tournament and the first friends I made playing the game. Thatguy, Steb, Bentobox, Fizzi, Agora, Agony, Chet, Clet, Jer, and even Zaf and Fil. Oh, and all of the new people after me, like Sphyra, Stef, Maritlage, Kev, Dom, each and everyone of the no-namers at random tournaments, each and everyone of of the fights in my mind, their playstyle, I feel like I learnt a lot since my first tournament. But, amazingly, I never played Ally or Holy. Well, I did play Ally, but not his Snake. He was just smacking me around with any characters he wanted, so maybe I thought, I wasn't good at this, and I won't ever improve. Hell, I was even told I was not improving and maybe I should stop.

But I know I will. I know I can. This weekend, I wont backdown. I won't tell myself I'm gonna lose. I will go beyond what I have been doing.

EDIT : Man, I'm bad at this game what am I saying.
You're always better than you think you are.

I'll be joining melee singles as well as brawl singles and doubles. Teaming with Thad, dunno our team name yet though.

Calm101

Smash Rookie
I'll probably be joining the singles ladder for brawl and melee, since it's too late to find a teammate now for doubles.. lol

swordgard

Smash Hero
I'll probably be joining the singles ladder for brawl and melee, since it's too late to find a teammate now for doubles.. lol
Well, il be playing you. And im still <<insecure>>, so sorry for you if you have to play my ice climbers, il find a true character another day.

If you didnt get that one, go back in your GB history, look for our match and look at the feedback you left me lol].

Calm101

Smash Rookie
Well, il be playing you. And im still <<insecure>>, so sorry for you if you have to play my ice climbers, il find a true character another day.

If you didnt get that one, go back in your GB history, look for our match and look at the feedback you left me lol].
Np, I'll just have to be extra cautious if i do face you this time XD lol

lol wanna team
Yeah i can team up with ya if you want.. the brawl doubles are earlier so it'd be better for me..

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
That logic scares me.

1 word: Cruel.
I considered some people when I made that statement. My question is that does cruel actually believe he is as good as he says? Or is it just some sort of personality flaw/cover up? It all boils down to how you feel when you play, not how much you stroke your e-peen on the forums.

tect

Smash Journeyman
Is anybody coming up on Sunday from Toronto? Or at least from a direction that comes by/through/near Kingston?

My monies can turn into gas ^_^ let me know!

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
Is anybody coming up on Sunday from Toronto? Or at least from a direction that comes by/through/near Kingston?

My monies can turn into gas ^_^ let me know!
I wish my money could do that...all mine seems to do is change into pixels on a screen in the form of zipsets of p0rn. :(

jk

swordgard

Smash Hero
I considered some people when I made that statement. My question is that does cruel actually believe he is as good as he says? Or is it just some sort of personality flaw/cover up? It all boils down to how you feel when you play, not how much you stroke your e-peen on the forums.
Good point, who knows about how he thinks about himself. Still, if everyone is better than they think, then we were still at the same level overall :S/

Then again, depends how much better you are than what you think.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Being humble about your own skill level is a preferable mindset, imo, because if you are to get your *** whooped, the drop in self-esteem doesn't hurt as much~ (i.e. dark.pch effect)

looking back, '08 felt like a magic year for me. Joining for the brawl release, and then leaving, seeing as I couldn't get my hands on the game, and then coming in the summer for my first tournament and the first friends I made playing the game. Thatguy, Steb, Bentobox, Fizzi, Agora, Agony, Chet, Clet, Jer, and even Zaf and Fil. Oh, and all of the new people after me, like Sphyra, Stef, Maritlage, Kev, Dom, each and everyone of the no-namers at random tournaments, each and everyone of of the fights in my mind, their playstyle, I feel like I learnt a lot since my first tournament. But, amazingly, I never played Ally or Holy. Well, I did play Ally, but not his Snake. He was just smacking me around with any characters he wanted, so maybe I thought, I wasn't good at this, and I won't ever improve. Hell, I was even told I was not improving and maybe I should stop.

But I know I will. I know I can. This weekend, I wont backdown. I won't tell myself I'm gonna lose. I will go beyond what I have been doing.

EDIT : Man, I'm bad at this game what am I saying.
y so serious

I never got the feeling you took brawl seriously in the first place xD (I wanna play B+ now)

You still do seem to enjoy the community a lot so if anything, attend the events for the social aspect~ but yeah, if you wanna truly improve, don't be like Ayaz and ditch CF for a while, ahah

And so far, it seems like I'm only entering brawl singles lawl. Might look for a teammate for doubles...

Kev!

Smash Journeyman

"Blah-blah-blah..."
ditch CF for a while, ahah
"Blah-blah-blah..."

/agree.

But seriously Krew, you can be good at this game, start playing your Kirby, it's not that bad, actually, or try some other characters, you have what it takes to be a good opponent.

Edit: By the way, after spending a whole evening getting destroyed by Dom's Snake, I actually know the matchup a lot better than before, so here goes nothing:

@ Ally, 1 Yen MM Bo3 , my Luigi - your Snake? :D
I'm no Boss, but I'll do my best... But seriously, I've waited a long time for a chance to play against you.

swordgard

Smash Hero
/agree.

But seriously Krew, you can be good at this game, start playing your Kirby, it's not that bad, actually, or try some other characters, you have what it takes to be a good opponent.

Edit: By the way, after spending a whole evening getting destroyed by Dom's Snake, I actually know the matchup a lot better than before, so here goes nothing:

@ Ally, 1 Yen MM Bo3 , my Luigi - your Snake? :D
I'm no Boss, but I'll do my best... But seriously, I've waited a long time for a chance to play against you.
1 bucks MM vs my snake too?

Top Bottom