• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Live2Win presents: Fight For Your Friends! 2 - March 21st-22nd 2k9 - Montreal, Canada

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
so my kind of stalling is legal right, since you can attack me from it?
>_>
Yes robert, get well soon and come to the tournament to show everyone your awesome camping skills. Hope those doctors fix you up in time.
m2k and azen amirite?

It would be pretty kick ass if they showed up...now Ally has homecourt advantage lol
Definitely. : )

I think all you need to cross the border is your green card.

lol zaf put that vid in the first post

edit 2: also, the venue hold approx 100, but if we do get enough people we have plans for additional venues, so don't worry. the more people we get, the more chances of having a 2 day event. I want crews, regionals, and usa vs canada to go down.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Tentative CONFIRMATION. If something comes up, god ****! But I'm confident I'll be able to go. Here's hoping gas/finances aren't an issue in March!

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
If I come, I wonder if I'll be lucky enough to have pools with Holy again. :p

But ****... all the way over in Quebec, huh? That's serious business for me.
Price is good for entry, but the travel...

Wait, I just thought of something for that. *runs off*
For any who care about random scrub me, wish me luck!

EDIT: Why exactly are Corneria and Pirate Ship banned? If they weren't, it looks like you could SBR approve this thing. Which would have simplified my review of the ruleset. >:-(

jk, but really, I'm curious. I wonder if it's just misinformation. They *are* CP on the ruleset.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
I don't think Pirate Ship is banned; it appears that zaf deleted it from the stage list entirely. As for Corneria, it may be the static wall.

****, Distant Planet is on? >_____>

EDIT: Ah there we are, I didn't see it. I think it should be unbanned personally.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
We checked the venue. We're renting it for two days if we get enough interest. Two floors, alcohol permit acquired. Food places nearby, we are trying to see what kind of snacks we could sell since we have control of the kitchen as well. We managed to get it for almost dirt cheap so most of the money will go back to the players, expect big pots. :D

kr3wman

Smash Master
So like, are we going to ban the DDD infinite chaingrab just cause Bum is coming like Niko did with his removal of the MK ban?

j/k.

OR AM I?

Jer

Smash Ace
Is anyone able to bring a video camera or anything that can record in good quality? I'm looking to hopefully make a FFYF2 Montage, featuring clips from the people, and of course smash clips :)

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
im so winning this melee tourney LOOOOL

a montage would be nice.

i'll try to bring one.

"C"let

Smash Journeyman
Is anyone able to bring a video camera or anything that can record in good quality? I'm looking to hopefully make a FFYF2 Montage, featuring clips from the people, and of course smash clips :)
jer we'll discuss this when I come back to montreal I think I can get you one.

zaf

Smash Lord
OP UPDATED

*This venue has a liquor license. You can drink there.
*It also has 2 floors, which we are getting for the same price.
One floor for melee, one floor for brawl.
*The person cap for the top floor is 88
The person cap for the bottom floor is 76.
We will probably put a cap at 140 just to be safe, so it is best to pre-register. This is going to be huge!!!!

*Participant list updated. IF you are playing doubles please tell me so i can enter you.

*lylat is a neutral because it is used in the stage striking process.
*Pictochat, pirate ship and distant planet are banned.
(in major tournaments, random stages should not decided who is better)
*Housing added. The sooner this is all cleared out the better.

Nevershootme, if you are coming i will house you.

BUM1, it would be awesome if you came, I can house you.

Pastaboy, come celebrate your bday here.!!!

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
*lylat is a neutral because it is used in the stage striking process.
*Pictochat, pirate ship and distant planet are banned.
(in major tournaments, random stages should not decided who is better)
Your talking about a game that already has many random factors in it (tripping, other random elements on stages that are randomly timed to appear, characters with random moves and effects). I mean I can understand pirate ship to a certain extent, but the other two are part of what makes Smash Brothers what it is.

Anyway, my two cents aside, put me down for two tvs, one wii and a powerbar.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Your talking about a game that already has many random factors in it (tripping, other random elements on stages that are randomly timed to appear, characters with random moves and effects). I mean I can understand pirate ship to a certain extent, but the other two are part of what makes Smash Brothers what it is.

Anyway, my two cents aside, put me down for two tvs, one wii and a powerbar.
Is IDC for non stalling purpose banned? It should be imo, last FFYF it was not. Link to this
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=215506&page=13
IDC is broken even for non stalling purpose and should be banned.

As for the priate ship and others. Uh, i dont see major obstacles in pictochat much, but i nearly never play on it. Distant planet has no reason to be banned IMO, d3 can only cg on one part and only if the water doesnt stop him and he cannot camp there.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'd play rainbow cruise over pictocrap and distant planet. Pictochat has a million walls, most of the things get in the way of fighting, and it has a lot of (read: too many) stage hasards that can seriously **** someone's stock. Off the top of my head i can think off the 5-6 spikes, the bullets that appear in your face... I'm against it personally. Nonetheless, tournament organizers have made a decision, it is non negociable.

Robert, yes you will be able to drink on site, but we will hand out bracelets for people that are 18 years old and up. We are trying to find out if we should acquire alcohol and sell it on our own, since the bar at the venue is kinda expensive. (I think a pop is CDN$1.40, and a mix is about 4-5 dollars.

The ppl at the venue said that we can buy our own stuff and sell it ourselves if we don't want to buy from them, so depending on interest. The only thing is, no drinking outside of the venue, and no underage drinking (if you're underage, wait until after the tournament =P jk be responsible! lol).

EDIT: SG, IDC is banned.

zaf

Smash Lord
if i come, will u house me zaffy.
I will try my best to house as many people as i can.
I will have a van, so the max amount of people i can host who do not have a ride will be 6.

I said i would personally house USA players, but i will probably have room for you Jarrod.
If not Fizzi has room, or "C" lets place will, he is also hosting ambrose's car.

Top Bottom