• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking for Pokemon Researchers

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Intro

To all of those that have applied to me to become a Pokemon Researcher, this is your opportunity. Pokemon Researcher is a title you get for having access to post in the Strategy Pokedex. Only I can allow people in. I am looking to give this title out to 3 people this time around, so read on to see how you might be one of them. There are 3 criteria you have to meet in order to become a Pokemon Researcher. They are as follows.

Requirements

1. Knowledgeable player- This is the most important. You are going to be writing up entries that everyone on Smashboards can see. If any of the information is wrong or bad, someone is going to use that set or info in a match and lose. They'll come back and discredit us. I have to have people that know what they're doing to put it simply.

2. Follow the format perfectly- This is really really important. We have 3 entries so far, all of them are formatted exactly the same. Every format needs to be like this, down to the spacing of words, colors, symbols etc. We need to be professional, as a lot of people will be viewing this. I mean, obviously if you make a small typo it's not a big deal and can be fixed, but I'd like as little of them as possible.

3. Post entries consistently- I don't want to set a specific number of required entries to be posted in a week, as I don't want it to become a chore for some people, but here's the deal. You need to be able to post entries at LEAST once a week. I want this project to get done eventually before the next gen, so it's really important that we're constantly adding new entries.

Tasks
Umbreon and myself are really busy nowadays, and while we do a good job of modding the Poke Center, (at least I'd like to think so) it's hard for us to constantly keep up with the Strategy Pokedex. When becoming a Pokemon Researcher, you will have a few tasks that you need to keep up with. They are as follows.

1. Posting entries- Your main job is to fill up the Strategy Pokedex with entries. I want to have all of D/P done by the time 5th gen comes out, so this is the most important task. You will follow the format perfectly and post consistently in order to meet this task. You will write your own entries and submit them on your own.

2. Post entries from the submission thread- Another task you will have is to go through the submissions thread, sort out entries, edit them and post them in the Strategy Pokedex. We have some great minds here willing to contribute. Umbreon and myself can't go through the thread and keep up with it consistently, so it's up to you and your 2 fellow colleagues to do it.

3. Edit and contribute- Your last task is to go through the already posted entries and every entry that is added by another Researcher and fix typos, add to the content and give suggestions.

The key to make this Pokedex great will be to communicate with each other. Keep in contact via PM's or AIM and help each other. Ask if it's ok if you add content to someone's post, have other people look at your entries. It's important be able to talk with each other to make sure this runs smoothly.

I'm really tired, I'll explain more later.

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
I think I could help out with this...But then again, I'm not all that good at battling. (22-79-1 :/ ; It's because I don't use OUs no johns). Still, it would be awesome if I could help contribute to this project. I'm on this site consistently and I am a grammar/spelling nazi.

Will there be some sort of quizish sort of deal like with the Smash Lab?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I would like to be a part of this and help out. I think I might have already tried to apply from the user groups page on the cp lol. But yea, I would consider myself good at the game, and a smart player none the less. Unfortunately I still haven't gotten to play Umbreon or Jesiah yet, but perhaps UltimaScout can vouch for me a bit lol. (Maybe he should also be a researcher lol, we need someone to make the Exeggutor and Regi pages).

To start off I've already submitted a couple of set lists in the one thread, specifically Butterfree and Slowbro.

Niiro

Smash Ace
Do we get a title if we are accepted? =D
I could just help with the formating if you want though, like fixing grammatical errors changing the color and such.
NVM count me out lol I'm way to busy with school rite now (not that i had much of a chance anyways lol)

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Too much work for me. If I do the same thing every week, I'll eventually give up on it. Instead, if Pink Reaper decides to do it, I'll be glad to lend him a helping hand everyday of the week. You too, Articanus. JPP8! I gotcha back! We need UU/BL entries too!!

karthik_king

Smash Ace
I can I am on here almost everyday am the champion of my town.(Not saying much since only 8 people play) I have posted some sets and I do know what I am doing

A_man13

Smash Master
I can't really say I'd feel confident taking the role up. I'm just getting back in the swing of competetive battling. Heck my parents don't even allow me to have any pokemon games anymore.

That said, Pink Reaper would be the best choice IMO.

Oracle

Smash Master
I vote for pink reaper as well.
I could give some of my UU and BL sets, but I don't want it to be a chore. Maybe.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I probably wouldn't be useful in working with the Pokemon, as I only have Pokemon Leaf Green that I actually play, so I only know about the movesets of the 1st Gen Pokemon in the 3rd Gen games.

I would be willing to help with layout and grammar etc.
If someone knows what they are talking about, but aren't that good at presentation; then I'd be willing to fix the layout.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Pink Reaper will probaly do it. I'd do it, but its too much work, and I'm not sure I could give the best insight to the Meta game, I just love my Gardevoirs.

I'll do an entry about them only if you want.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I think I could help out with this...But then again, I'm not all that good at battling. (22-79-1 :/ ; It's because I don't use OUs no johns). Still, it would be awesome if I could help contribute to this project. I'm on this site consistently and I am a grammar/spelling nazi.

Will there be some sort of quizish sort of deal like with the Smash Lab?
word for word, this.

Reap, and zook are good choices.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I would like to be a part of this and help out. I think I might have already tried to apply from the user groups page on the cp lol. But yea, I would consider myself good at the game, and a smart player none the less. Unfortunately I still haven't gotten to play Umbreon or Jesiah yet, but perhaps UltimaScout can vouch for me a bit lol. (Maybe he should also be a researcher lol, we need someone to make the Exeggutor and Regi pages).

To start off I've already submitted a couple of set lists in the one thread, specifically Butterfree and Slowbro.
I vote for Chibo.

Also lol at other people nominating me. Don't I have to say I want to before you make me do it?(Not that I don't want to, I in fact would be very willing to help)

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I'd be honored to help out with this, but I'm not exactly sure I'd be able to submit a set every week.

...Yeah, I'll nominate myself.

@ zrky: Why would I make a good choice? In the rating room, half of the time I just flame newbies, and the other half I complain about people's lack of originality.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
I would love to help out anyway possible, while I'm probably not good enough to post sets regularly for different pokemon, I wouldn't mind doing as others have suggested and correct mistakes etc.

ElemMasterZeph92

Smash Journeyman
I would like to help in anyway possible, I have a lot of knowledge about pokemon. I rarely make a mistake while posting anyway and I visit the Pokemon Center as well as the other threads on a daily basis. I think that I would be good candidate as well, if its not an issue that is. I have movesets for Infernape, Umbreon, and other pokemon in each tier.

chubb-o-wub

Smash Journeyman
Could I help? I'm pretty knowledgeable with most Pokemon in each tier, and I've done two already (Sableye/Shaymin).

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Okay, my friends at school are going to kick my ass if I don't do this. Apparently, I'm the god of all things Pokemon and strategy-related things. I won't be able to contribute every week because I feel like everything has already been found. It's just that these things are sitting at "Other Options" and not being used. Pokemon's data is all given to us. Movepools, items, EVs, these things can't change; other than EVs which is very flexible. It's just a game of mix and match.

I feel that I know just about everything about the competitive aspect of this game by heart... except for the damage formula. Yes, I know the IV formula by heart and I don't even play D/P any more. If I become a Pokemon Researcher, I'll mostly be doing tests and helping others with their creativity rather than actually find new sets.

I'm not sure what to say in my last sentence... oh well

X *signed*

roy is my boi

Smash Journeyman
Okay, my friends at school are going to kick my ass if I don't do this. Apparently, I'm the god of all things Pokemon and strategy-related things. I won't be able to contribute every week because I feel like everything has already been found. It's just that these things are sitting at "Other Options" and not being used. Pokemon's data is all given to us. Movepools, items, EVs, these things can't change; other than EVs which is very flexible. It's just a game of mix and match.

I feel that I know just about everything about the competitive aspect of this game by heart... except for the damage formula. Yes, I know the IV formula by heart and I don't even play D/P any more. If I become a Pokemon Researcher, I'll mostly be doing tests and helping others with their creativity rather than actually find new sets.

I'm not sure what to say in my last sentence... oh well

X *signed*
Is that really necessary though? All you have to do is just input everything into Own purpose and you are set =X

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I am willing to become a researcher but after finals are done for me next week i will be able to commit 110%

sonic 12111

Smash Journeyman
i can help out a lot. i know many movesets for uu tier pokemon. i can also post a jlot of oused cuz i have a lot of experiense. also i am a very good battler with lots of experience

roy is my boi

Smash Journeyman
Seriously. Only 3 people are gonna be accepted, and like people that just started posting in the Pokemon Center yesterday want to join, say they have tons of experience, and they would help out alot. Seriously. (btw this was not directed entirely at you Sonic 12111)
EDIT: Srsly. JesiahTEG, you haven't posted once here since the OP. Your gonna need another group to moderate Pokemon Researcher LOL

sonic 12111

Smash Journeyman
o sorry roy. knowing he will only pick 3 people i know chances are slim. yes i literaly started posting here yesterday but it would be fun to help. (i never knew this was here till yesterday) but i am pretty good at battles (when i had wifi) and i like to help rate teams. plus i am only 13 lol

sonic 12111

Smash Journeyman
o. but his mic guy sounds like a pokemon legend. was he being sarcastic because a spinda grumpig and an oran berry bizzarre

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
o. but his mic guy sounds like a pokemon legend. was he being sarcastic because a spinda grumpig and an oran berry bizzarre
He sounds more like a pokemon hero. I am a legend.

Haven't you ever watched "The Sandlot"?

I will quote it for you so you will know why the above statements are true...

"Heroes are never forgotten, Legends never die..."

crewster

Smash Lord
2. Post entries from the submission thread- Another task you will have is to go through the submissions thread, sort out entries, edit them and post them in the Strategy Pokedex. We have some great minds here willing to contribute. Umbreon and myself can't go through the thread and keep up with it consistently, so it's up to you and your 2 fellow colleagues to do it.

3. Edit and contribute- Your last task is to go through the already posted entries and every entry that is added by another Researcher and fix typos, add to the content and give suggestions.
These are the only two that I will be able to do if I join.

Top Bottom