• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lordy's Captain Falcon Metagame Guide

Player-3

Smash Hero
throwing bananas at a diddy is stupid

a diddy with a banana > falcon with a banana

i mean so much greater that the risk isn't work it

diddys item frame data is BROKEN

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Falcon's projectile game is pretty decent though, judging that you know how to jump cancel a glide toss. Though I don't recommend trying to use Diddy's bananas against him though. Just try to keep on you at all time and Z-Drop it with an aerial. That way, he won't get two bananas in his possession to combo you with them.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Or you can just throw the banana up in the air, really high... and hope he doesn't exactly expect when is it coming down.

Meanwhile, you just hope he runs out of bananas. At least that's what I did, heh.

Darkshadow96

Smash Journeyman
Dude, take of my match against Marth I was sandbagging lol. I'll get a better one. I got a good one against Snake so I'm going to give you that soon.

Also, for the Snake MU, isn't good to CP Frigate Orpheon also? Since the level is so wide you can easily gimp his recovery and for CF its a bit easy to come back since we can just pivot our recovery making us leap over ledges and stuff. And it also spoils Snake's camping game a bit I would say.(correct me if I'm wrong though...)

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Dude, take of my match against Marth I was sandbagging lol. I'll get a better one. I got a good one against Snake so I'm going to give you that soon.

Also, for the Snake MU, isn't good to CP Frigate Orpheon also? Since the level is so wide you can easily gimp his recovery and for CF its a bit easy to come back since we can just pivot our recovery making us leap over ledges and stuff. And it also spoils Snake's camping game a bit I would say.(correct me if I'm wrong though...)
Hmm, alright.

And okay I'll take the video off, just get me some new ones!

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Hey guise, I was wandering in the character boards when I found out (here http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=241847) that Falcon has a single banana lock on Diddy.
So I tried it and it's hard but possible and finishes into a free knee. How good is that for Falcon ?

To do it you must have a banana in hands and Cstick set to smash :
1-SH towards Diddy (when standing next to him),
2-Cstick down (Diddy trips, banana bounces)
3-Cstick up (catch banana, airdodge works too)
4-land next to Diddy
5-repeat 1-4

Finisher :
6-repeat 1-2
7-Cstick Forward
8-Dtaunt

Actually I'm trying to change this into an infinite by replacing 4 by "land behind Diddy" but the timing is like 10 times harder.

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman
i hav something like that for MK i will share first get MK to 65 then buffered nair then footstool fastfall fair automatic death i will post vids when i get the chance

Kishin

Smash Ace
Hey guise, I was wandering in the character boards when I found out (here http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=241847) that Falcon has a single banana lock on Diddy.
So I tried it and it's hard but possible and finishes into a free knee. How good is that for Falcon ?

To do it you must have a banana in hands and Cstick set to smash :
1-SH towards Diddy (when standing next to him),
2-Cstick down (Diddy trips, banana bounces)
3-Cstick up (catch banana, airdodge works too)
4-land next to Diddy
5-repeat 1-4

Finisher :
6-repeat 1-2
7-Cstick Forward
8-Dtaunt

Actually I'm trying to change this into an infinite by replacing 4 by "land behind Diddy" but the timing is like 10 times harder.
This is soo good. It's not even that hard to do. An infinite version would be too hard to do though and it's rather unnecessary anyways.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I completely skimmed over teluoborg's post xD

I remember reading about that but I didn't know CF could do it.

I will check this out right now!

Edit:

I just found something sexy:

Full hop (when you're just in front of Diddy)>throw banana down>Knee

If you time right you'll also be able to catch the banana. If you do catch it, throwing it forward won't hit the Diddy, we may be able to find some sex things with this though.

Edit 2

Short hop (same position as above)>throw banana down>Knee

This works even better and you will always catch the banana. You can end the chain with this too, I was able to repeat the chain 3 times then finish with a knee.

Edit 3

Short hop (same position as above)>zdrop>Falcon Punch

Works with correct spacing, most Diddys won't wait for a zdropped banana to hit them, but you could punish a missed smash with this

Kishin

Smash Ace
To do that banana lock infinite you need to c-stick down to throw the banana behind Diddy to trip him in the opposite direction. The momentum you need to do that would make it more difficult for you to do it again back and forth, assuming it's actually even possible. So the probably infinite would be 2 locks -> reverse direction lock repeated.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
I played a diddy last sunday and I can confirm that.

If we use his own weapons against him (with the help of zgrab, since :falcon: is faster than :diddy: ), he's very much beatable.

Darkshadow96

Smash Journeyman
One other thing for the Snake matchup. You can only RB him from the top of his Up B not by the sides. I've tried and it failed. But it also fail sometimes when I aim for the top of his Up B which is quite odd.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
One other thing for the Snake matchup. You can only RB him from the top of his Up B not by the sides. I've tried and it failed. But it also fail sometimes when I aim for the top of his Up B which is quite odd.
I would only do that when you're using it TOWARD the stage. Get behind him and use it so you won't lose a stock. I think it also depends on his percent, but I could be mistaken.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Yeah. Raptor boosting someone from the stage is very risky. And even if done badly from off the stage, it can kill you as easily.

Fortunately, RB was improved since melee and so it can be actually used on the air as a pretty **** awesome recovery move... we can all agree on that, right?

(nothing feels better than recovering with a RB and the other guy getting spiked to his death)

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
My only problem with Aerial Raptors are how easy they are to punish. Lots of Falcons have lost their stocks from pulling silly Raptors at the wrong time.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Awesomeness lord helmet, Best CF thread ive seen :D
Nice Work!
My Captain Falcon has been 70% Improved!

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
I hate playing RC against certain characters, so yeah lordhelmet is right.

The fact Captain Falcon is a fast character is the only thing in his favor in that stage.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
For some reason I beat MKs that 2/3 stock me on neutrals there. I know I shouldn't be able to do so, but I still somehow manage to win there. Infact, I can only remember losing on RC one time, and that was when messing up stupidly against a Pit on last stock.

His uair gets even better, fresh utilt kills retardedly quick and Falcon punch gets viable(still situational. when they're forced to up b and stuff like that).
It is really the vertical part after the ship that I find myself getting the upper hand in.

But if Rainbow isn't his best, then which one is(generally, seeing as it is character dependant)

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Gardex, it's probably those kind of MKs that really HATE HATE HATE HATE rainbow cruise, haha. It depends on the person too.

As for Falcon's best stage, I'd say Yoshi's Island or Smashville or even Battlefield, but I'm probably wrong.

PZ

Smash Lord
I sent 2 vids to u lord. Can you upload them to youtube if not ill find a way.

ThaOriginChu(Falcon) vs sync25(Marth)
ThaOriginChu(Falcon) vs karatekickz(MGW)

Sync25 was a ladder aka serious match also i couldve save more but syn25 chose wolf and ***** me well the 2nd brawl was more of "stage ****" darn norfair then it was bair ****.
EDIT:All online of course

xYoh

Smash Cadet
You should add the releases that falcon has on certain characters. They help out in the match up alot. Other then that, really nicely done.

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman
i went to woodbrigde and owned 1 mk,almost kneed lobos from 93% the platform on smashville save him it was so intensed then i beat bmx 1 time and lost 2 times,i beat tant and i hav a replay of my falcon 2 stocking a mk i will post when i get the chance but i was impressed that i was beating pros with falcon i thank the falcon boards and also you lord helmet.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
lordhelmet and Darky-Sama are the main forces behind the activity in this board, IMO. You should thank both :)

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
lordhelmet and Darky-Sama are the main forces behind the activity in this board, IMO. You should thank both :)
I remember when Darky was new. God, he joined the Falcon team like a pro and didn't take **** from anyone. Ffffing <3 Darky.

lordhelmet ruled before I even joined up. Phew.

that's very ignorant. if you're serious that is.
Wat?

Top Bottom