• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lordy's Captain Falcon Metagame Guide

lordhelmet

Smash Master
If I didn't say they were Wi-Fi, you wouldn't even know that they were played via Wi-Fi. There is really no difference, sure there might've been 1 sixth of a second of lag in those games, but the match-ups are played correctly and they are for showing new players how to play anyway.

If you would like to comtribute, be my guest.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
False, there is a difference. Especially for characters like Falcon who rely a lot on buffering.

That being said I don't have anything against online vids as long as you mention it (that they are online) in the OP.

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
If I didn't say they were Wi-Fi, you wouldn't even know that they were played via Wi-Fi. There is really no difference, sure there might've been 1 sixth of a second of lag in those games, but the match-ups are played correctly and they are for showing new players how to play anyway.

If you would like to comtribute, be my guest.
Wait, you actually mentioned they were WiFi? Oh.

That's even sadder. Remove them swiftly.

(LOL AT NO DIFFERENCE)

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Ramzeh, like Yosh said, you're being pretty **** ignorant. Please point out the parts of the videos that are not played correctly because they were on Wi-Fi.

I don't see what's wrong with Wi-Fi if you live in a Smash-desolate area. And if you think Wi-Fi makes a huge difference, then you have a **** connection.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Offline is much more impressive, but they're still matches regardless. Sure, WiFi chops the game speed down by a couple frames per-second, but it's not a big deal if you're playing with a steady online connection.

I'd much rather see offline matches than online ones, but lets face it, 9/10ths of this video will probably be Wifi clips, including my own. lol.

<3 Ramzeh.

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman
I agree with lordhelmet i say if you play online you hav a better chance of winning depending on the player of course if it has just a little bit of lag then you can think of your next move and your options and the out come so dont think that wifi is stoopid the more ways you play brawl the better and wifi and in real life play are the most and best way to train thats how ally got good thats how i two stock MK WITH CF dont knock off some thing you think is stoopid i hav some replays on brawl the main point is just listen to wat the pros hav to say and again thank you lordhelmet. :) and im talking to ramzeh

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
Ramzeh, like Yosh said, you're being pretty **** ignorant.
Thanks. You really added something to the discussion here.

Please point out the parts of the videos that are not played correctly because they were on Wi-Fi.
All of it? The parts where the characters stop moving for a full second?

I don't see what's wrong with Wi-Fi if you live in a Smash-desolate area. And if you think Wi-Fi makes a huge difference, then you are absolutely right
fixed

Offline is much more impressive, but they're still matches regardless. Sure, WiFi chops the game speed down by a couple frames per-second, but it's not a big deal if you're playing with a steady online connection.

I'd much rather see offline matches than online ones, but lets face it, 9/10ths of this video will probably be Wifi clips, including my own. lol.

<3 Ramzeh.
It's not so much that WiFi is null, it's more like. This *IS* the whole Metagame stuff thread. Show some speed and skill, not... WiFi.

<3 Darky.

I agree with lordhelmet i say if you play online you hav a better chance of winning depending on the player of course if it has just a little bit of lag then you can think of your next move and your options and the out come so dont think that wifi is stoopid the more ways you play brawl the better and wifi and in real life play are the most and best way to train thats how ally got good thats how i two stock MK WITH CF dont knock off some thing you think is stoopid i hav some replays on brawl the main point is just listen to wat the pros hav to say and again thank you lordhelmet. :) and im talking to ramzeh
...Wat?

lordhelmet

Smash Master
All of it? The parts where the characters stop moving for a full second?
Where do I stop moving in any of my videos? And who said the connection was so bad that we stopped moving for a full second?

It's not so much that WiFi is null, it's more like. This *IS* the whole Metagame stuff thread. Show some speed and skill, not... WiFi.
The purpose of the videos is to show how matches are supposed to be played, and all the videos show just that. So what, my Falcon is slowed down by Wi-Fi, the videos are still legit. And how does playing on Wi-Fi mean I have no skill? You're just pulling words out of your ***.

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
Where do I stop moving in any of my videos? And who said the connection was so bad that we stopped moving for a full second?

The purpose of the videos is to show how matches are supposed to be played, and all the videos show just that. So what, my Falcon is slowed down by Wi-Fi, the videos are still legit. And how does playing on Wi-Fi mean I have no skill? You're just pulling words out of your ***.
You could've just said "No." when I asked you to remove all WiFi videos. Don't have to be a queen about it, jeez. :p

wifi sucks man

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Hey let's talk about metagame in the metagame thread :
more precisely let's talk about what you guys do when someone is edgehogging (not planking).

Personnally I do a SH not autocancelled Dair (so that it hits when I get offstage and connects if the opponent runs out of invincibility frames) to force a reaction then go back on the stage with a Bair to punish the reaction and follow up with a jab if said Bair didn't work.

How does this sound ?

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I spam "Show me your moves" until they get back onto the stage. If they don't and begin to plank, I run to the other side of the stage, run back; and if they aren't getting on the stage, I proceed to do a RAR fastfall knee offstage and toward the ledge.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
I usually do what he said: SH and Dair. If I'm lucky, it's a nice spiky kill. If I'm not, no biggie.

However, is it THAT usual for people to edgegrab frequently when against a Falcon?...

carnivore

Smash Cadet
You mean they're just hanging on the edge with no invincibility? They can't be invincible if they don't plank right, so just run off and stage spike them with a bair, if they tech do it again, if they tech that, rack up some dives. In any case it's free damage and they even have a chance of being gimped

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
You mean they're just hanging on the edge with no invincibility? They can't be invincible if they don't plank right, so just run off and stage spike them with a bair, if they tech do it again, if they tech that, rack up some dives. In any case it's free damage and they even have a chance of being gimped
Too bad it puts you in a horrible position that could cost you a stock.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
It's a good thing because I'm actually good with C.Falcon and I am an old*** but pro***.

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
onoes will iz back... Is it a good or a bad thing ?

Do jump-down-A not down-jump-A.

And yeah AC Dair OOS is pretty good, but personnally I prefer Nair OOS. But maybe I shouldn't.
I kinda fail at timing, people tell me I'm one of the fastest players around. I always accidentally buffer a grab or something stupid like that.

thanks for the advice though, really p'reciate it. :3

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Yeah I recorded it the night I found the timing, so there...

If you want something perfect I can do it now, it's so stupidly easy.
But dangerous yeah.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I was looking on the front page and i notice you say samus gets hit by that nair to sh AC knee. Im here to tell you it does not work at all on Samus.

btw, here is a GOOD video of the best samus(me) vs a pretty **** good falcon. Im posting this cause the other falcon vs samus was on wifi and the samus was not good at all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zLAs1OsZ4c

BTW, this weekend i will be MM ally falcon so ill be sure to give you that video as well.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I was looking on the front page and i notice you say samus gets hit by that nair to sh AC knee. Im here to tell you it does not work at all on Samus.

btw, here is a GOOD video of the best samus(me) vs a pretty **** good falcon. Im posting this cause the other falcon vs samus was on wifi and the samus was not good at all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zLAs1OsZ4c

BTW, this weekend i will be MM ally falcon so ill be sure to give you that video as well.
xD maybe Darky wasn't playing good that game. And thanks, I'll add that video. But I don't believe that it doesn't work on Samus, unless you have some kind of proof I'm keeping it up.

Also: Samus mains don't know anything

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I wasn't playing too good in that game. Majority of the other games I two stocked. That was just uploaded for the sake of the boards having at least one video to base off of. Personally, I would much rather have a video up of someone vs Xyro than the one we have up.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
xD maybe Darky wasn't playing good that game. And thanks, I'll add that video. But I don't believe that it doesn't work on Samus, unless you have some kind of proof I'm keeping it up.

Also: Samus mains don't know anything
You can keep w/e u like up, its your thread. Its just that when a falcon tries it and FAILS then gets punishe for it, they might not be too happy with it.

As for darky, im not making fun of him. im just saying wifi matches should count because of the dumb stuff that can happen(u know what im talkin about, rofl) and the fact that the tier list doesnt really apply on there.

Overall, every time i read this board i learn so much about falcon. You guys do a good job

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Oh, of course not. Which is why it'd be much more reliable getting videos of a Falcon vs a good offline Samus such as yourself. We're lacking in offline videos, however, so most of the clips that people have submitted have been Wifi.

Better than having nothing, I suppose.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Well alrighty, warm sausage.

Like Darky said, those videos are up to show beginning players the metagame (as they're better than nothing.) And at least you know that the ones that are Wi-Fi ARE Wi-Fi.

Top Bottom