• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lost (The show on ABC)

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
I'm a huge Lost fan but hadn't noticed this thread before.

Lol @ Grandeza's comment.

Also, are we allowed to talk spoilers in here?

I can't believe Locke died! (even if it is in "the future")

Roller

Smash Legend
I think spoillers are ok as long as you alert people and write them like that. (and respond to spoillers in kind. I will post a link to the Jay and Jack podcast tomorrow.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Hasn't aired yet here in Aus, last ep is on Thursday but I kinda know what happens already XD

Roller

Smash Legend
My girlfriend was addicted to Lost when it first came out.. then she said it started getting draggy...
2nd season was a little bit. However you should tell her to get the DVDs for the seasons she missed and watch this past season online on the abc website, because it's OMGZ AMAZIN! once again.

And for the guy who hasn't seen it because it didn't come out by him yet, go to this website to see it now if you would like.

http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/landing?channel=7

RazeveX

Smash Ace
2nd season was a little bit. However you should tell her to get the DVDs for the seasons she missed and watch this past season online on the abc website, because it's OMGZ AMAZIN! once again.

And for the guy who hasn't seen it because it didn't come out by him yet, go to this website to see it now if you would like.

http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/landing?channel=7
I'm pretty sure that only works for US citizens.

I just downloaded it and deleted it.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
The list of jobs from bottom to the top is an anagram for Dharma Initiative.

Other than that, we just have to wait until July.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I remember watching the finale with my mother and that commercial came on and she said "That's the worst commercial ever; you don't even know what they want to hire you for! I can't believe they wasted money for something like that". I had to tell her it was a fake commercial, which made no sense to her because she doesn't watch LOST at all.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
SUPER BUMP!!!!!one!!!

Heard some stuff from the writers at Comic-Con... Guess it's sorta spoilerish, so I'll put it behind the tags. This is just what I remember from the vid I watched a couple days ago...

They talk about the French Woman's background story being visited, but they shied away from the term 'flashback.' They said that the dog Vincent is safe, and should be safe even up to the end of Season 6 (The last season). Farraday (sp?) is also safe, and will definitely return in Season 5. Jin and Locke will be in Season 5, though maybe not 'alive (Cuse called alive a "relative term").

I know there was more, and once I watch the video again, I'll post more... Unless anyone else already has the info....

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
So the next season is about to start. I just finished watching the fourth season again, really can't wait.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Bump you jerks

I liked the new episodes, a lot.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I'm still trying to figure out if Ben is a bad or good guy.
I also don't think Locke is dead.
And sun seems so badass now.

Funniest moment was when, that guy give locke the compass and locke asks "What does it do" and the guy replies "It points north". I don't know why I was laughing so hard at something that simple.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I know it was so ridiculous when they said widmore's name. There was also none of that kate, jack, hugo, ben, sun and sayid drama in this ep.

RazeveX

Smash Ace
I personally loved the latest episode.

Maybe I'm different from the normal lost viewer, but the whole Oceanic 6 normal world Drama really bores me, as it's just like other crappy drama shows (as you can see, I'm not a drama person). So focusing on other, much more interesting stuff was cool.

pikamon

Smash Ace
I think the future stuff is interesting, but I'm glad they jumped ahead so we wouldn't have to watch too much of it (back when the oceanic six was the future and we were watching the past). I mean, what good is the story when you know what's coming? They handled it really well, which surprised me. I love this show and it just keeps staying fresh.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
That was an awesome episode, though seriously the preview for the next one was hysterically bad.

THEIR DESTINY WILL BE

THEIR FINAL DESTINATION

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
So much was revealed last night too.

Rousseau evidently wasn't insane, as I originally thought, her crew actually were infected by the monster. Also, one thing I wanted to point out: Daniel Faraday said that they cannot manipulate the past, which is exactly what Jin and Daniel did. What this leads me to think is that while, theoretically, they cannot manipulate the past, in actuality of the island, they can.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
you guys must still be watching this.

and to crimson king, I think it's like what happened with jin and faraday was meant to happen. And when faraday meant when he said you can't manipulate the past is that you cannot change events that already happened. I doubt that makes any sense.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Tonight's episode (316) was eh.
It was kind of...filler. We pretty much knew everything that was going to happen.

Next week's episode looks like it'll be really good.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
It sucks that this thread isn't used that often. There aren't many LOST boards on the net I'm interested in. Would've been convenient if this were active. Just wanted to pop in and say John Locke's story's turning out to be interesting.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
The Locke episode explained a lot.

Also, did anyone catch the Expanded Lost episode of 316? It said Ben's promise to an old friend was his promise to kill Penny. Notice we never saw either Penny nor Desmond for hte rest of the episode, and Ben was covered in blood.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
The Locke episode explained a lot.

Also, did anyone catch the Expanded Lost episode of 316? It said Ben's promise to an old friend was his promise to kill Penny. Notice we never saw either Penny nor Desmond for hte rest of the episode, and Ben was covered in blood.
I've heard that theory before. It makes sense, but something like that happening so randomly, quickly and without any build-up seems...strange. The writers would have to be clever coming up with a way to justify it. I don't see a way to make that work without thinking about it. Then again. the entire episode that that took place in was kind of quirky to begin with.

Who knows? We'll see.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
It said that directly? Well, I figured as much. Is Penny dead now, maybe her and Desmond's son too? :urg:

Man, Locke sure has been through a lot of pain, hasn't he? Ben is also nuts. I wonder why Abaddon had to die so soon, as well.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
That was a really, really good episode.

I'm hoping the next episode is just as good

MBreeto

Smash Ace
I think we need to find out why Ben was so beat up when he called, and how no one said anything when he went on the plane with a broken arm lol. Idk, maybe I missed it. Btw, I missed the preview for next episode because I watched it on abc.com and they don't show previews so the next episode is going to be a complete surprise

Master WGS

Smash Lord
I don't have that high of expectations for the next episode. I'm pretty sure it's just going to be a Kate/Sawyer episode or something, with explanations peppered in. It'll be good and informative, but not breathtaking like most of this season has been.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
No Lost next week, NNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

The Sawyer-centric episode was actually really good. First, we saw my statue. Every since we got a flash of it at the end of Season 2, I have been craving more on it. Secondly, we learn how Jin and Daniel ended up with the Initiative. Also, we learn about how much time has passed by seeing a baby Charlotte. I wonder when young Ben will come into the picture. Finally, we have the complexity that is the love square with Jack-Kate-Sawyer-Juliet. Overall, really good episode.

Fuggles

Smash Cadet
Now we gotta figure out when the island actually is. Are the losties in the world as it was 30 years in the past? Or is it just the island that went back in time while the whole world is still in the present? Also, remember how the oceanic 6 vanished from the plane? Maybe its just them in the past while Ben, Locke, and the other passengers are in the present. In that case, how will Locke be able to help them at all?

Also, where the **** is Claire?!?!

Master WGS

Smash Lord
... Also, remember how the oceanic 6 vanished from the plane? Maybe its just them in the past while Ben, Locke, and the other passengers are in the present. In that case, how will Locke be able to help them at all?
I'm pretty sure this is the case, as the Hydra looked abandoned when Caesar and Locke were hanging out in it discussing where they were. Pretty sure the Hydra wasn't abandoned in THIS episode. There must be some sort of connecting point or something...

Also, I was betting like crazy Horace was gonna say his son's name should be Jacob. I don't know why, cuz now that I think about it, that wouldn't have made much sense... But still. Woulda been "WTF!?"-worthy.

I was very pleasantly surprised by this episode. I was expecting a long-wined "SawyerXKateXJack" episode after all these really good ones. Hopefully next episode won't be that way either.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Also, I was betting like crazy Horace was gonna say his son's name should be Jacob. I don't know why, cuz now that I think about it, that wouldn't have made much sense... But still. Woulda been "WTF!?"-worthy.

I was very pleasantly surprised by this episode. I was expecting a long-wined "SawyerXKateXJack" episode after all these really good ones. Hopefully next episode won't be that way either.
Haha, I was also waiting for Horace to say "Let's name him Jacob!" I wonder who the kid is, then?

I laughed when the statue popped up for 5 seconds. I bet the season finale will give us a front view of it (with someone's face...?). I don't understand what happened with Charlotte's body. Is it just flying around through time now, or something? Oh well, crazy Faraday is going to be chasing after little Charlotte now (very creepy). In fact, I half-expected the woman under the bag that was going to be shot to be Charlotte, with an American accent.

Sawyer's made-up story to Horace was genius. What a cool guy. I can't remember if he'd ever actually met Richard Alpert though (lol eyeliner). And honestly...I like SawyerXJuliet :(

Where the heck are Rose and Bernard and the other survivors of 815?!

Overall, really great on-island episode, IMO. Where's Desmond?!

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Haha, I was also waiting for Horace to say "Let's name him Jacob!" I wonder who the kid is, then?

I laughed when the statue popped up for 5 seconds. I bet the season finale will give us a front view of it (with someone's face...?). I don't understand what happened with Charlotte's body. Is it just flying around through time now, or something? Oh well, crazy Faraday is going to be chasing after little Charlotte now (very creepy). In fact, I half-expected the woman under the bag that was going to be shot to be Charlotte, with an American accent.

Sawyer's made-up story to Horace was genius. What a cool guy. I can't remember if he'd ever actually met Richard Alpert though (lol eyeliner). And honestly...I like SawyerXJuliet :(

Where the heck are Rose and Bernard and the other survivors of 815?!

Overall, really great on-island episode, IMO. Where's Desmond?!
Go back to Season 2 with the Tailies. Ana Lucia killed a man named Goodspeed. He was with the others. Rose, Bernard, and the others probably got lost during the time loops.

Also, Locke and Ben are likely in the same time as Jack, Sawyer, and the others. The island stopped shifting in time. The island has a weird thing with time, and likely, there won't be two storylines with that, so expect them all to be in the same time period.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Go back to Season 2 with the Tailies. Ana Lucia killed a man named Goodspeed. He was with the others. Rose, Bernard, and the others probably got lost during the time loops.

Also, Locke and Ben are likely in the same time as Jack, Sawyer, and the others. The island stopped shifting in time. The island has a weird thing with time, and likely, there won't be two storylines with that, so expect them all to be in the same time period.
Yeah, it was Goodwin. Rose and Bernard and the other survivors time-jumped with Sawyer and the rest of the jungle team, but since then they've gone missing. Have they really not been found for the last three years? I think Jin said something about looking for "our people", was he talking about them?

I also think that Locke, Ben, Caesar, Ilana, etc. are all in the 70s with the rest of the cast. For some reason, the O6 teleported off the plane before it landed on the Hydra and some of them wound up on the main island. I'm not sure where Sun and Sayid went, though. The only thing that bothers me is that it looks like the Hydra might've been abandoned...why, if they're in Dharma times?

Top Bottom