• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louie's Notes-Olimar Q&A Thread!!

Zori

Smash Champion
Zori, I agree completely with your opinion on our tier posistion. I gurantee to have a rough draft about Peach on the Oli boards Friday night.
Woah slow down speed racer, I planned to release all the info in one epic post, but it's your info so I can't hold you back ;-;

Noa.

Smash Master
Kay, I'll just send it to you then. I just want to get it over fast before I lose motivation to do it.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I have a question.
Does anyone have a video of Olimar's DACUS? I cannot seem to do it to save my life.
I might be doing it and it might just be too small to notice, but I don't know.

I was going to ask about another technique, but it was too poorly defined for me to safely do so.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
yeah, what i would do is just pikmin toss the hell out of him, but he wouldnt stop
he would just continue mercilessly ftilting until i was at the end of the stage (FD)
at which point i would try to jump over him to the other side, and usually it meant me getting grabbed.

what i think i should have done however, i just try to use my second jump to go REALLY far from him, but i think he would just chase me and grab since oli is so floaty its not hard to chase him.

i guess just need to learn to time the grab right when he finishes an ftilt
Hrm. Welp, I don't get chased with f-tilt that often by Dededes. But if I am getting chase I do go for a pivot grab. Then maybe you can get some funky combos in.

Zori

Smash Champion
Kay, I'll just send it to you then. I just want to get it over fast before I lose motivation to do it.

I SO know what you mean, lets try to have all of them done in the next 2 weeks. Lets just see how many match ups we can get done by then bare with me ;-; ill have the criteria up before i go to sleep tonight.

I have a question.
Does anyone have a video of Olimar's DACUS? I cannot seem to do it to save my life.
I might be doing it and it might just be too small to notice, but I don't know.

I was going to ask about another technique, but it was too poorly defined for me to safely do so.
I think i have a few vids but im too lazy to look them up, but yes olimar has a dacus but its very small and almost worthless. It's not hard to pull off ,but olimars is one of the hardest to do next to sheiks imo and if you mess it up in a match you end up doing a dash attack and get punished for it.

I have a question for you guys, can olimar bdacus?

Turazrok

Smash Master
I SO know what you mean, lets try to have all of them done in the next 2 weeks. Lets just see how many match ups we can get done by then bare with me ;-; ill have the criteria up before i go to sleep tonight.

I think i have a few vids but im too lazy to look them up, but yes olimar has a dacus but its very small and almost worthless. It's not hard to pull off ,but olimars is one of the hardest to do next to sheiks imo and if you mess it up in a match you end up doing a dash attack and get punished for it.

I have a question for you guys, can olimar bdacus?
I've tried it some. I might be sleep deprived and hallucinating but it wasn't like lolwtfshort if I even did it. I'll report back with better results, tomorrow!

Noa.

Smash Master
I don't think Olis Davis is that difficult to do. It's not as easy as Snake's but no where near as hard as Sheik's. :S

I'm not sure, but by bdacus I assume you mean that recent discovery with Diddy? I think all characters that can do a normal dacus can automatically do a bdacus. I haven't actually done it with Olimar though, so I don't know about a possible change that can occur.

Lol, my itouch replaces dacus with Davis.

Zori

Smash Champion
not saying olis is hard but its next to sheiks

snakes is easy falcos is easy olimar is medium and sheiks is very hard, there is just a large gap

Zori

Smash Champion
Bowser:
Captain Falcon:
Diddy Kong:
Donkey Kong:
Falco:
Fox:
G&W:
Ganondorf:
Ice Climbers:
Ike:
Jigglypuff:
King Dedede:
Kirby:
Link:
Lucario:Hilt
Lucas:
Luigi:
Mario:
Marth:
Meta Knight:
Ness:
Olimar:
Peach: Draco
Pikachu:
Pit:
Pokemon Trainer:
R.O.B.: Fino
Samus:
Sheik:
Snake:
Sonic:
Toon Link: Zori
Wario:
Wolf:
Yoshi:
Zelda:
ZSS:

im going to try to explain this in the most simple way possible.

We are going to make the best matchup guide in the world but we are going to take a diffrent approch this time

instead of discussing one matchup we are going to pick up a few individually and and then post them at one time

this is all about advancing the oli metagame

this is the part where i sound like an *******.

DO NOT ask for a matchup if you don't know it at top level play or don't have the results to back it up, just because you beat your friend down the street does not mean you can beat the best falco in the world. I can only say that I know one match up to the fullest and that is toon link i would not DARE touch another match up on this kind of advice lvl.

now thats that cleared up the deadline is in 2 weeks because i hate to drag things on and i know people have things to do but 2 weeks is more then enough time to do one match up in great detail

im betting your next question is "will we finish all the match up's"

the answer is no but if we can get half done we made more progress then the match-up thread will ever do us

also be creative, use your own font, style, etc to describe how to effectivly win and for those who didn't get the match up they wanted but still have something to contribute please contact the person who did and bounce ideas off each other

WORK TOGETHER!!!!!!!!

*breaths*

so sign up guys i expect rich to do diddy ,draco to do peach, and dabuz/ps to do metaknight :p etc!!!

goodnight x-x

oh wait! the only thing i ask for all of you to add to your writeups is to grade the MU on a 1-5 scale

1 being easy 5 being the hardest, im going to do some interesting things with those numbers

when your done find me on aim ZoriBrawl

k bye

Zori

Smash Champion
Alright I updated the list a little

Come on guys :p don't make me hunt you down :d

IcyLight

Smash Lord
i know snake, dk, pit, fox, marth, and yoshi and oli dittos very well and have beaten some of the top players of those classes.

RichBrown

Smash Master
Add me under diddy and falco. I play DEHF all the time, I think I can articulate that matchup pretty well. I kiiiinda know stuff about Wario but I don't think I can articulate anything in that matchup, it's way too weird for me to put into words. I woulda written snake about 7-8 months ago but sadly I'm not nearly as good as that matchup as I used to be, plus all the snakes got better :/

Im 1-7 against DEHF but that 1 win was the last time we played in tournament, back in november, the weekend before he won R3, that big nor cal regional lol. But yeah, Diddy and Falco, I think I'm the most confident in those matchups out of any high/mid tiers

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
i don't think we need MK to be rediscussed yet :3

and i feel pretty confident in both kongs, but i guess if rich wants diddy ill take donkey :)

also, i think i can take the wolf matchup as well...

hmmmm...who else? shiek, samus (maybe), kirby, king dededed, and ZSS

Zori

Smash Champion
Dabuz please do mk this is not a redicussion this is THE dicussion I don't want to do another one of these for atleast 6 months this is about what we know up to this point

Please do mk

you can do wolf and donkey too

Turazrok

Smash Master
Olimar's BDACUS isn't that great. I tested it. I was hoping it would fix his blindspot problem....

Give me 2 months and I'll be good at Marth lol.

Zori

Smash Champion
Here is an update so far

Bowser:
Captain Falcon:
Diddy Kong: RichBrown
Donkey Kong: Dabuz
Falco: RichBrown
Fox:
G&W:
Ganondorf:
Ice Climbers:
Ike:
Jigglypuff:
King Dedede:
Kirby: Hilt
Link:
Lucario: Hilt
Lucas:
Luigi:
Mario:
Marth:
Meta Knight: Dabuz
Ness:
Olimar:
Pikachu:
Pit:
Pokemon Trainer:
Samus:
Sheik:
Snake: IcyLight
Sonic:
Wario:
Wolf: Dabuz
Yoshi: IcyLight
Zelda:
ZSS:

waiting on fino and ps to respond

I also have some original olimars contrubuting to this :] be on the look out for my next suprise!

BrianH

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure how much I can contribute since I don't own a wii anymore. But if anyone would like to recommend a character(s) to me I'd be more then willing to put in my 2 cents.

Noa.

Smash Master
I'm bit able to begin my writeup yet. I just had a water polo game and Im way too tired.

Tomoroww I'm going to the theaters and a tourney so I'll do it Sunday.

The only other matchup I feel comfortable is in pikachu. But I still haven't played a top level pika so I'll hold out on that. I want to play Esam when I have the chance, since the rest of the FL pikas are pretty easy for me.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Tbh, I would like to see Draco's and Wer's writeups of peach, I think they would be interesting to compare and see.

Zori

Smash Champion
draco u took peach? >.< it better be good lol

ill take G&W for sure
and Olimar
haha <3 wer

huge update!!!!!

Bowser:
Captain Falcon:
Diddy Kong: RichBrown
Donkey Kong: Dabuz
Falco: RichBrown
Fox: Fino
G&W: Weruop
Ganondorf:
Ice Climbers:
Ike:
Jigglypuff:
King Dedede: BrianH
Kirby: Hilt
Link:
Lucario: Hilt
Lucas:
Luigi:
Mario:
Marth:
Meta Knight: Dabuz
Ness:
Olimar: Weruop
Pikachu:
Pit:
Pokemon Trainer:
Samus:
Sheik:
Snake: IcyLight
Sonic:
Wario:
Wolf: Dabuz
Yoshi: IcyLight
Zelda:
ZSS:

last update for the night, man you guys really stepped it up for this project im so proud

I appreciate all of you guys help.

The only thing I ask from you is to rate your MU's on a 1-5 scale, we are done with ratios.

I still can't contact ps >_<

Noa.

Smash Master
I assume that 1 means winnable for them, 2 is our advantage, 3 is even, 4 is our advantage, and 5 is unwinnable for us?

Weruop

Smash Ace
the matches can be of random if the olimars are near the same skill level, but if u know a few tricks then it gives u a useful advantage

Jane

Smash Hero
isnt it supposed to be assumed that for a matchup ratio the skill level of both players is equal?

also oh boy! now if someone could cover wario, marth, luigi, and ice climbers we would be golden! (:

Zori

Smash Champion
Yeah wer and I dicussed it, he was just thinking in lvl of difficulty

I would like ps to take luigi and Ic but I can't get ahold of him

I'm also trying to get some international olis on this but I have a touney today so I'm going to be busy

Turazrok

Smash Master
You better win Zori. I also wasn't kidding about Marth. There are two luigis in my area, but they aren't particularly good.

BrianH

Smash Rookie
For Oli dittos all I know is the more purples you have the higher your chances of winning. Me n Rich went to game 3. He had 4 purples against my 1 and the match up became extremely more difficult then I would have thought which lead him to the win. Remember Rich? ;P So the match up is based on skill/exp like wer. said but when you're both at high level and another player has more purples Oli begins to **** w priority and gains many set ups for his smashes. That's just a summary sry Wer...you take it from here xD

RichBrown

Smash Master
wer, a ditto can't be anything but even lol

when doing matchup discussions you gotta assume that both players are at the exact equal level of skill

Yeah, different pikmin lineups affect how the game will play out, but that's completely random.

lol brian i remember that, I got sooo lucky with the purples

Weruop

Smash Ace
well yes if both olimars played like 1000 matches, the win loss ratio would be incredibly close, but the outcomes of matches can be anywhere from close to jv 3 stocked in a much more suprising extent than other matchups for olimar

i guess the matchup is a 3 but what im TRYING to say is that the matches are pretty random and that its important to note

V_V

Top Bottom