• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louie's Notes-Olimar Q&A Thread!!

Zori

Smash Champion
Bowser:
Captain Falcon:
Diddy Kong: RichBrown
Donkey Kong: Dabuz
Falco: RichBrown
Fox: Fino
G&W: Weruop
Ganondorf:
Ice Climbers:
Ike:
Jigglypuff:
King Dedede: BrianH
Kirby: Hilt
Link:
Lucario: Hilt
Lucas: Denti
Luigi:
Mario:
Marth:
Meta Knight: Dabuz
Ness:
Olimar: Weruop
Peach: Draco
Pikachu:
Pit:
Pokemon Trainer:
R.O.B.: Fino
Samus:
Sheik:
Snake: IcyLight
Sonic:
Toon Link: Zori
Wario:
Wolf: Dabuz
Yoshi: IcyLight
Zelda:
ZSS:

Alright this is pretty much the list.... all we need is ps to take some important matchups and we are set

lets just say everyone has about a week and a half to finish official date soon

Zori

Smash Champion
yes i lost to redhalberd second round (good Florida player) and then i forfeited my match to xyro (who i beat last hobo) and left the venue and went on a date :]

my priority's.

but really i wasn't feeling singles..... in fact i wasn't feeling BRAWL so i gave up my win and did something to get my mind off it

but best believe at whobo im getting first :}

Edit: vids vs halberds mk will be uploaded so be on the look out for those

Zori

Smash Champion
um no, that's just another generic match up thread lol

there chart is pretty cool if someone could do that it would be awesome :]

think big jane think big.......

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I have another question.
Why does nobody ever seem to talk about Olimar's running attack? It's fast, has priority, launches, grabs bananas, and does something like 11% damage. Is there some major downside I'm missing?
Like... even Rich refused to answer when I asked him in the interview thread.

Zori

Smash Champion
I have another question.
Why does nobody ever seem to talk about Olimar's running attack? It's fast, has priority, launches, grabs bananas, and does something like 11% damage. Is there some major downside I'm missing?
Like... even Rich refused to answer when I asked him in the interview thread.

no reason we are just lazy, i saw dabuz use it and it beats out mk glide attack its a good move and we should use it more.

Bowser:
Captain Falcon:
Diddy Kong: RichBrown
Donkey Kong: Dabuz
Falco: RichBrown
Fox: Fino
G&W: Weruop
Ganondorf:
Ice Climbers: PS
Ike:
Jigglypuff:
King Dedede: BrianH
Kirby: Hilt
Link:
Lucario: Hilt
Lucas: Denti
Luigi: PS
Mario:
Marth:
Meta Knight: Dabuz
Ness:
Olimar: Weruop
Peach: Draco
Pikachu:
Pit:
Pokemon Trainer:
R.O.B.: Fino
Samus:
Sheik:
Snake: IcyLight
Sonic:
Toon Link: Zori
Wario:
Wolf: Dabuz
Yoshi: IcyLight
Zelda:
ZSS:

Aright!!!!! List is done.

Dead line is march 17th 8 days from now. You can end them to me early, but as time goes on i will be hunting you guys down :d

good luck and remember be creative!

Zori

Smash Champion
Oh shi... My bad I totally didn't see it

but ps goes even with lain and beats meep, if you can show me you know the mu better then he does I'll gladly give it to you

Smedwicks

Smash Cadet
B-sticking is setting specials to B, which in theory would make Pikmin throwing a tad easier, as well as being able to auto-short hop which can lead to easy aerials.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I tried B-Sticking, it doesn't really benefit Olimar much. Throwing pikmin is just as easy. You may be able to do more tether stuff though, I'll have to test it.

Smedwicks

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I tested it myself, and it might just be that I'm more used to my normal control setup, but it definitely felt much weirder and more awkward to use. But it seemed easier to spam Pikmin Thow (at least for me).

piZ

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if you could use some sort of psuedo bsticking/momentum thinger to get some extra recovery options out of oli, lucas style.. :x

Would be nice, maybe I'll play around later.

BrianH

Smash Rookie
you know, could coulda just said kill him and that'd give me the same amount of information XD seriously though, what are ways i could stop his camp? i don't like sounding like an *** but if i really don't get a legitimate answer this thread is as much fail as the last Q&A thread lololol the last thread barely answered most of my questions and i had to go to the other character boards to get answers :0 how sad is that??
I think I can help you with the wario MU a little. Send me your AIM.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I tried B-Sticking, it doesn't really benefit Olimar much. Throwing pikmin is just as easy. You may be able to do more tether stuff though, I'll have to test it.
The most useful thing I have noticed with B sticking is wave bouncing the pikmin spam. Ths allows u to short hop double pikmin without moving forward as u will be shifted back with every throw.

I see B sticking as inferior though simply because of Momentum Canceling. Can't be done with B stick lol.

Is there a difference between the grab ranges of the Pikmin?
yes there is. I dont exactly know what the unit of measurement for the numbers are but look at this link.

http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Grab

Dnyce

Smash Master
The most useful thing I have noticed with B sticking is wave bouncing the pikmin spam. Ths allows u to short hop double pikmin without moving forward as u will be shifted back with every throw.
Logic Error.
Wave bounce is possible without B-sticking. NC-Echo, Shrinkray21, even relatively unknown Olimar's like Knuttz45 were shown to Pikmin Toss like this since April 2008.
I see B sticking as inferior though simply because of Momentum Canceling. Can't be done with B stick lol.
Logic Error.
Momentum canceling can be done with specials set to the C-stick. Fast falling an aerial can be done with a control stick and an attack button (with any of the 4 controller uses).

Zori

Smash Champion
how do i get by diddy's banana game? I feel like I have so much trouble against diddy's with even basic knowledge of using naners.

I stuggle with the matchup myself so I might not be the best person to ask but i can tell you this there is no getting 'by' you have to deal with them, you have to be creative and use them just as well as he can

Noa.

Smash Master
Some basic tips Piggyman:

Diddy: Even
-When Diddy approaches you with a glide toss, you can always shield grab it if another banana isn't near Diddy.
-Tossed pikmin and fsmashes stop bananas.*
-An important mindset to keep is to believe that you can use the bananas better than Diddy.*
-Use the negrolimar costume.
-A thrown banana often easily leads to a grab.*
-When a banana hits your shield, you can usually jump OoS and Z catch it.*
-DIing upwards is extremely important*in this matchup since Diddy has numerous horizontal knockback moves.
-Stay calm while Diddy is comboing you with bananas, just wait for the opening to escape.
-Grabs are very unsafe since bananas go right through them.
-Diddy is a very momentum based character. When he loses control of the match, fiercly hold on to the flow. Diddy has trouble regaining momentum.
-Jump, throw banana down, dsmash. *

But like Zori said, the biggest part about the matchup is handling the bananas.

The matchup summaries are due in two days!!

Zori

Smash Champion
so im sick............

match ups are extended 2 more days.....

but if you have them send them to me via aim

Top Bottom