• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louisiana Brawl Power Ranking: UPDATED! 5/16/11

Bragi

Smash Apprentice
Major congrats to BSP. I've been wondering when he was finally going to get recognized on the PR. He's been making at least top five in tournament with freaking Luigi, Sonic, and Mario forever. That's just crazy.

ChKn

Smash Ace
I want some discussion up in this *****. We have 2 tournaments this weekend, so we'll have 2 big opportunities to see who can make an impact. Who is willing to step their **** up this session?

Not me lol.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
I'm keeping my spot. Gonna make an attempt to ninja Hyro's spot by beating JNig in tourney. If that happens though it'll be the day that John starts beating JNig again and I'll still be stuck.

No disrespect to my dawg Lee but I don't think we should have a 0th spot. True Lee is good, but to give him the 0th spot is saying that none of us can ever be nearly as good as him. JNig and Hyro both rep LA whenever they go OoS so just giving someone a 0th spot doesn't make sense IMO. Try harder I say.

Facey's going up.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
^oh shi.... Why not just beat Hyro? Or both of us? Or Lee?

jiovanni007 said:
Try harder I say.
This. And honestly, I could care less whether Lee has a 0 spot or -10. I agreed with it so that one more person could be on the PR since there's quite a number of people that could've gone as high as 7th. From there, it's pretty crowded. Whether or not any of you believe there's an insurmountable gap between him and me, it doesn't matter to me.

I think after FFF, I'm gonna start actually caring and practicing Brawl again. If I get a little bit more into MvC3, I may go too far and quit Brawl completely... I mean, going back and forth with Everett is fun until we get too serious, then he rages.

Flounda, idk if you're serious or not, it disturbs me that you sound all gung-ho to get better, then I hear you degrading your own skill. It's good to understand your weaknesses and such, but I'd rather hear from you what you're doing about it than "welp the only way I can beat you is if you sandbag..." Can you even tell me how I play differently?

Btw, any tips on what I should do for DDD? You can bet I will probably face one at WHOBO, and I wanna have a legit gameplan going into it. If I go MK, should I be prepared for the ditto, or practice both the ditto and the DDD MU's? Or maybe go back to Falco, but JUST for DDD? There's no way I can suck it up and stay Wario anymore.

Goddammit Jio you've done gone and motivated me by proclaiming you're out to get me...GREAT JOB

tl;dr: We needed one more spot for the PR cuz there were a lot of people at the bottom half (IMO), I'm dropping MvC3 to get my focus back on Brawl, Flounda quit sounding so emo, and someone help me defeat DDD.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
^oh shi.... Why not just beat Hyro? Or both of us? Or Lee?

This. And honestly, I could care less whether Lee has a 0 spot or -10. I agreed with it so that one more person could be on the PR since there's quite a number of people that could've gone as high as 7th. From there, it's pretty crowded. Whether or not any of you believe there's an insurmountable gap between him and me, it doesn't matter to me.

I think after FFF, I'm gonna start actually caring and practicing Brawl again. If I get a little bit more into MvC3, I may go too far and quit Brawl completely... I mean, going back and forth with Everett is fun until we get too serious, then he rages.

Flounda, idk if you're serious or not, it disturbs me that you sound all gung-ho to get better, then I hear you degrading your own skill. It's good to understand your weaknesses and such, but I'd rather hear from you what you're doing about it than "welp the only way I can beat you is if you sandbag..." Can you even tell me how I play differently?

Btw, any tips on what I should do for DDD? You can bet I will probably face one at WHOBO, and I wanna have a legit gameplan going into it. If I go MK, should I be prepared for the ditto, or practice both the ditto and the DDD MU's? Or maybe go back to Falco, but JUST for DDD? There's no way I can suck it up and stay Wario anymore.

Goddammit Jio you've done gone and motivated me by proclaiming you're out to get me...GREAT JOB

tl;dr: We needed one more spot for the PR cuz there were a lot of people at the bottom half (IMO), I'm dropping MvC3 to get my focus back on Brawl, Flounda quit sounding so emo, and someone help me defeat DDD.
I still can't get the tawn Link match-up honestly. Even when we're just playing I can go back and forth with you now on occasion but John always 2 stocks me. I did manage to hold him to one stock at NOM but I still got 2-0'd so it doesn't matter. Not to mention I'm not sure what would happen if I happened to meet a tawn link like Kingtoon in tourney ;)

I guess I get the whole 0th thing but it kind of just makes us look bad now. It even makes you and John look bad even though you guys are the most well known besides Lee from LA.

Chkn don't beat yourself up. If you don't have the confidence then you'll never get the skill to back it up.

JNig I honestly say you should go Falco for DDD. Don't be flashy, just camp that foo. Even still, just watch vids and see what other Warios do against DDD. Don't be afraid to steal techniques from other people. Too bad you don't have a DDD to practice against though.

NOM = Sinus infection johns :denzel:

edit: When Blaise keeps playing Snake and travels more he's gonna be a true force. Blaise you should come to NOLA randomly and play with me and JNig. Seriously.

ChKn

Smash Ace
That's just me lol. I just do that **** just because. It's like mental warfare against my opponents and it pysches me out. You went more Aggro with Wario compared to the other matches we had. Maybe I'm not good vs. a rushdown style.

Hyro's logic: Something just clicks at the weirdest moments. I don't know, the last thing that clicked for me was vs. Curlz in mid-November and before that vs. Jio and Arcadia in July. It's just finding that focus. That's why I have such an inconsistency with my results. I'm like Arcadia.

I feel like fighting Hyro's TL is just like fighting an overwhelming cluster**** lolol.

TBH, idk how our guys do vs. OoS competition after Cyphus). We don't get a whole bunch of OoS people because our surrounding states are ahead of us. TX doesn't need to come to LA because we have 4-5 people that make the competition worth it. If they want a 40 person tournament, they can just go to Houston. Inversely, our top guys need/should go to Houston because they can get in practice with national level players.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Not to mention I'm not sure what would happen if I happened to meet a tawn link like Kingtoon in tourney ;)
mutha ****a...lol

Anyways I guess I'll start trying 100% everytime I play people now...no point in sandbagging anymore. Before it kept me at a higher level but I guess if I play my best..it'll make yall better...and if yall get better...it'll make me better...even tho it'll take effort. Ugh i ****in hate effort

-Ran

Smash Master

No disrespect to my dawg Lee but I don't think we should have a 0th spot. True Lee is good, but to give him the 0th spot is saying that none of us can ever be nearly as good as him. JNig and Hyro both rep LA.
Lee is a top tier player in the nation. Yes, Jnig/Hyro can do well[ish] against Lee, but that is after EXTENSIVE play time against Lee. Not to hassle anyone [or to act like a fanboy], but compare the placing and achievements, and no one is close. As a player, he has almost no exploitable holes or match up inexperiences. Unlike Justin, he is not burdened by strong counter picks which due to the chivalrous nature of our state, aren't taken advantage of. Lee's just the complete package, with numerous characters that are truly tournament viable, at least in a counter-pick capacity.

Maybe if Lee starts splitting winnings with someone at local tournaments, I could see demoting him from 0 in our state, but that isn't happening anytime soon. Unfortunately, no one in the state is at the same level as Lee. I'd love to see people prove me wrong, and raise their individual levels up. However, to chase after Lee is one of the most challenging and exhausting, endurance endeavor you'll ever do in Smash. After Jnig and Hyro, there is yet another void between the rest of the players here, and to many players, they might as well -be- Lee due to the difference in skill.

ChKn

Smash Ace
I think it's more of getting to that next level with the bottom half of the PR.

From #4(Jio) to like Blaise, we're all relatively on the same skill level. We just need to push each other to get up to that next level. I think that inexperience is basically hindering the bulk of us.

Ran, did you 100% quit Brawl?

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265

edit: When Blaise keeps playing Snake and travels more he's gonna be a true force. Blaise you should come to NOLA randomly and play with me and JNig. Seriously.
Thanks for the kind words, I haven't been to New Orleans since I was 13 but I'd love to come down and play with you guys some time. I haven't trained with any new people in a while so I'm down for a change of pace. Right now me fpdav majora curlz and chkn play so much that practice sessions have degraded to us just beating on each other for 2 hours like cavemen then going home with no lessons learned. Still lots of fun though, <3 Lafayette crew. I used to only identify as an Opelousas player until I got to know them better.

Text me the next time yall are getting together @

As far as the PR goes, the order of the ranking seems about as accurate as it can get based on the past few months. My prediction is facey and bsp moving up yet again if the inactives don't return. I'm also in favor of removing the 0 rank, especially if our #1-4 can place well out of state over this Spring (I'd say 1-5 but we're all familiar with BSP's traveling issues). Our neighbors to the west are having quite a good year so it'll take a lot to pull us into the spotlight.

r0ni said:
this ranking is embarrassing to the state......just sayin
Harsh words, but I see where you're coming from. Mind if I come to your place to practice someday? I've still yet to play you unless I'm remembering wrong.

ChKn

Smash Ace
I'm gonna be technically inactive tourney wise unless Laffy has more tournaments lolol.

stumblebee

Smash Rookie
Unless I'm wrong, I'll be bodying Cyphus at a college tournament on Saturday. There are too many similarities for me to be wrong. :D

Also, Cyphus. I got Danzel's HDMI cables in. You know what that meaaaaans! Mahvel in the union!

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
He said he just didn't feel like it. He only entered doubles cause tyrant asked him to.

ChKn

Smash Ace
K we need some hype for our amazing 3-person panel(lol). Who's going up and who's going bi?

ChKn

Smash Ace
I personally think that we should do this every 6 months for better consistency and form a criteria(increase to 3-4 tournaments attended with at least 2 other PR ppl attending).

This is everyone W-L against notables(I'll add Batto's later):

BSP
-vs. Lee Martin 0-2
-vs. Hyro 0-3
-vs. Cyphus 0-1
-vs. Facey 1-0
-vs. Curlz 2-1
-vs. BB 1-0
-vs. Li-D 1-0

Curlz
-vs. Cyphus 0-1
-vs. Hyro 0-1
-vs. BB 0-1
-vs. Li-D 0-1
-vs. BSP 1-2
-vs. Blaise 2-2
-vs. Facey 3-1

Li-D
-vs. Hyro 0-3
-vs. Batto 0-2
-vs. Facey 1-0
-vs. BB 1-0
-vs. Curlz 1-0
-vs. BSP 1-0

Facey
-vs. Lee Martin 0-3
-vs. Adam 0-1
-vs. BSP 0-1
-vs. JNig 0-1
-vs. Li-D 0-1
-vs. Hyro 0-1
-vs. Curlz 1-3
-vs. ChKn 3-0
-vs. Jio 1-0
-vs. BB 2-0

Blaise
-vs. Lee Martin 0-2
-vs. Brawlman1000 0-1
-vs. Bluebomber 0-1
-vs. Li-D 0-1
-vs. Curlz 2-3
-vs. ChKn 2-1

ChKn
-vs. Cyphus 0-1
-vs. Facey 0-3
-vs. Blaise 1-2
-vs. BB 1-0

BB
-vs. Jio 1-0
-vs. Curlz 1-0
-vs. Blaise 1-0
-vs. BSP 0-2
-vs. Hyro 0-2
-vs. Li-D 0-1
-vs. Facey 0-2
-vs. ChKn 0-1

ChKn

Smash Ace
Gas is expensive and I hate traveling lol.

Ran quit competitive Brawl.

6 MKs in our PR now. Mission accomplished.

lol @ the Lafayette tier list. A tier list made my one person that wants to pass it off like a Bible.

Curlz

Smash Lord
gas is expensive and i hate traveling lol.

Ran quit competitive brawl.

6 mks in our pr now. Mission accomplished.

Lol @ the lafayette tier list. A tier list made my one person that wants to pass it off like a bible.
: 3

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Gas is expensive and I hate traveling lol.

Ran quit competitive Brawl.

6 MKs in our PR now. Mission accomplished.

lol @ the Lafayette tier list. A tier list made my one person that wants to pass it off like a Bible.
Good point, I hate traveling as well. Now I'm unranked scrubby Martha tier lol

o @ Ran quitting

_D._

Smash Apprentice
Me and Li d should switch I be been to more tournies and he only beat once I don't get it, and I place at a consistently good level

-Ran

Smash Master
Be more active Chkn, 9th is lamesauce lol

Also, what happened to that Ran guy?
Thanks for caring, but I just stopped playing competitively around the time of the Dallas MLG. I mostly play Melee now just to have a reason to hang out with people in the community.

Top Bottom