• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Low Tier Heroes" ~ A community complied List of Low Tiers at EVO 2015

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
I think you're giving him a little too much credit. SAUS may be the #1 player in Ottawa, but PPU is #1 in NorCal, a MUCH stronger region. Being the best in one area could mean just being good in another.
Well I see your point I think you're actually underselling him. But there's no reason to argue about this when EVO will decided it for us. If SAUS has the skill to go the distance he will. If not he won't. Either way we'll know by Saturday.

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
V3ctorman made it through his pool. ^.^ 2-1(for making it our of pools) is pretty good so far, right?

Last edited:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Looks like the only interesting characters to watch will be in the Loser's top 16 : AmSa and Eddy Mexico
Don't understand why DJN is going Pikachu still (if it's true), I mean with Axe here why even? And DJN hasn't exactly been on his A game.

Sucks that W and L brackets are being streamed simultaneously as well....

Here's the upcoming matches with tentative characters -

Top 32 Melee

Winners bracket
Alliance|Armada (Peach) vs. GC|SilentWolf (Fox)
Javi (Fox) vs. CLG|PewPewU (Marth)
TSM|Leffen (Fox) vs. DruggedFox (Sheik)
Liquid|Hungrybox (Falco) vs. MacD (Peach)
C9|Mango (Fox, Falco) vs. Ice (Fox)
Liquid|Ken (Marth) vs. PG|Plup (Sheik)
EG|PPMD (Falco) vs. SFAT (Fox)
Axe (Pikachu) vs. HugS (Samus)

Losers bracket
Reno (Sheik) vs. Fly Amanita (Ice Climbers)
WFX|Shroomed (Sheik) vs. Santiago (Fox)
Lucky (Fox) vs. DJ Nintendo (Pikachu)
Hax (Fox) vs. VGBC|aMSa (Yoshi)
ChuDat (Ice Climbers) vs. Laudandus (Sheik)
Darkrain (Sheik) vs. Tempo|Westballz (Falco)
S2J (Captain Falcon) vs. Zanguzen (Falco)
Duck (Samus) vs. Eddy Mexico (Luigi)

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
Looks like the only interesting characters to watch will be in the Loser's top 16 : AmSa and Eddy Mexico
Don't understand why DJN is going Pikachu still (if it's true), I mean with Axe here why even? And DJN hasn't exactly been on his A game.

Sucks that W and L brackets are being streamed simultaneously as well....

Here's the upcoming matches with tentative characters -
Top 32 Melee

Winners bracket
Alliance|Armada (Peach) vs. GC|SilentWolf (Fox)
Javi (Fox) vs. CLG|PewPewU (Marth)
TSM|Leffen (Fox) vs. DruggedFox (Sheik)
Liquid|Hungrybox (Falco) vs. MacD (Peach)
C9|Mango (Fox, Falco) vs. Ice (Fox)
Liquid|Ken (Marth) vs. PG|Plup (Sheik)
EG|PPMD (Falco) vs. SFAT (Fox)
Axe (Pikachu) vs. HugS (Samus)

Losers bracket
Reno (Sheik) vs. Fly Amanita (Ice Climbers)
WFX|Shroomed (Sheik) vs. Santiago (Fox)
Lucky (Fox) vs. DJ Nintendo (Pikachu)
Hax (Fox) vs. VGBC|aMSa (Yoshi)
ChuDat (Ice Climbers) vs. Laudandus (Sheik)
Darkrain (Sheik) vs. Tempo|Westballz (Falco)
S2J (Captain Falcon) vs. Zanguzen (Falco)
Duck (Samus) vs. Eddy Mexico (Luigi)
Well I guess I'm watching losers then. XD, DJ apparently decided Pika is his new main and well I love to see more pikas(we have two in the top 100 and one in the top 50) his pika isn't polsihed enough and if you watch his match...its just not at a Axe level yet.

Edit: DARK RAIN SHEIK?

Last edited:

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
aMSa.....please tell me it isn't true

Last edited:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
aMSa.....please tell me it isn't true
yea Yoshi exposed, MU ignorance nullified and they know AmSa's style now

Druggedfox vs Leffen has been SUPER HYPE!
Leffen is on the ropes, DF using Sheik then busting out a legit Marth on him. Looking like M2K!

*sorry for top tier talk lol*

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
yea Yoshi exposed, MU ignorance nullified and they know AmSa's style now

Druggedfox vs Leffen has been SUPER HYPE!
Leffen is on the ropes, DF using Sheik then busting out a legit Marth on him. Looking like M2K!

*sorry for top tier talk lol*
XD its fine. Well I'm much more of the Ken, PPU style Marth I like seeing Hype Sheik and Fox players as well. Shame all we have left is Eddy Mexico for non-high tiers tho XD and Hugs I guess.

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
If any character deserves to be top of high tier after today its Samus. Both duck and Hugs are in top 32, hugs beat Axe 2-0, took a game off PPMD, and duck is doing well too. If Plup was still Samus it'd be a sweep.

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
So EVO isn't over but sadly the low tier run is. I think you guys will be surprised by our top 3
Placers. But before I list them I just wanted to say this was pretty fun and it was cool to see all the low tier players and getting hyped for them.

1# aMSa
Main: Yoshi :yoshimelee:
Recent big tournaments:Apex2015
Pool:F114
Did they make it out of Pools: Yes(L)
Placing: Top 32

No surprise here other then maybe aMSa's placing. Either way he did amazing.

2# Phish-It
Main: Donkey Kong :dkmelee:
Recent Big Tournaments: Apex 2015
Region: New York
Pool: A114
Did they make it out of Pools: Yes (L)
Placing: Top 80(G109)

This one is really surprising, he was the only DK Rep and he did amazing. Sadly none of his matches were streamed to my knowledge.

3# The GERM
Main: Link :linkmelee:
recent big Tournament: KOC3
Region: California
Pool:E102
Did they make it out of Pools: Yes (L)
Placing: Top 96(G103)

J666
Main: Link :linkmelee:
Recent big Tournament: Mayhem April 2015
Region: California
Pool:F111
Did they make it out of Pools: Yes(L)
Placing: Top 96(G107)

This is a tie between GERM and J666 who both got Top 96 and both play Link. For some this might be a surprise as which links went the furthest. Both did extremely well and represented Link well.

Last edited:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Yea it's kind of crazy that SAUS finished a rung below J666 and Germ, it might have been MUs or maybe seeding luck. SAUS seemed a bit more solid going into EVO than the other two, but of course they are all stellar Links.

That kid that beat AmSa; Light, went pretty dang far and took out some power ranked players from many states. I really want to see the Light vs. AmSa match.

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
Yea it's kind of crazy that SAUS finished a rung below J666 and Germ, it might have been MUs or maybe seeding luck. SAUS seemed a bit more solid going into EVO than the other two, but of course they are all stellar Links.

That kid that beat AmSa; Light, went pretty dang far and took out some power ranked players from many states. I really want to see the Light vs. AmSa match.
I just think SAUS was unprepared for this toureny. It was his first american Major and EVO is one heck of a major to begin with. GERM and J666 have more experience with it and know the players more. I feel if we give him a couple more majors he'll shine. Ya aMSa's performance gave me mixed feelings. Well he's done far worse and then bounces back far stronger but I was hoping for more

J.Shadows

Smash Champion

Actually Saus got a really easy round 1 pool only good player in it was Scar but I think he forfeit before even getting to Saus.

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
Actually Saus got a really easy round 1 pool only good player in it was Scar but I think he forfeit before even getting to Saus.
Scar got DQ'd because he was up doing commentary and didn't hear his name get called.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Hey I don't recall there being any DK's streamed (Phish-It?).

Did I just miss it maybe? Or were there none :'(

SAUS

Smash Ace
Dude, Scar drowned. He did not forfeit, he did not get DQ'd. Our pool was right beside the stream setup, so we just called him over to play. He lost to Velocity and Coolhat, both of which I beat. The pool had no super stellar players, but it was pretty rough for not-super-stellar players. I imagine Scar was tired AF since he was commentating, but I assure you that he played his pool matches.

Evo was definitely the roughest tournament conditions I played in. I think I could have done better, but I didn't. They were probably hell for everyone, anyway. It was still fun as **** though. Would go again. Hopefully there is a tournament where I can actually get friendlies in with the other Link players lol.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Dude, Scar drowned. He did not forfeit, he did not get DQ'd. Our pool was right beside the stream setup, so we just called him over to play. He lost to Velocity and Coolhat, both of which I beat. The pool had no super stellar players, but it was pretty rough for not-super-stellar players. I imagine Scar was tired AF since he was commentating, but I assure you that he played his pool matches.

Evo was definitely the roughest tournament conditions I played in. I think I could have done better, but I didn't. They were probably hell for everyone, anyway. It was still fun as **** though. Would go again. Hopefully there is a tournament where I can actually get friendlies in with the other Link players lol.
If you have time to respond......

How did you feel about it all:

Your seeding?
Any other hidden bosses? (like Light, Far, etc)
Your worst MU with Link?
Did you have fun in Vegas?
Any other notable Low-Mid tier mains there that we missed that didn't make stream?

SAUS

Smash Ace
My seeding was fine.
Coolhat and Velocity were both really good. I doubt they got seeded properly.
Worst matchup is Fox and/or Shiek.
Vegas was great. TBH, I don't really partake in many of the things that Vegas has to offer, but it was still fun.
I think there was a Bowser / Shiek player in CoffeeBlack's pool (Canadian Falcon). I don't know if he made it out though.

Overall, having my own setup would have been good lol. I played all of my tournament matches on Friday, and I literally played exactly 15 games in total on Friday. It honestly was not the greatest event for playing melee, but it was definitely awesome to be there.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Very cool, thanks! Do you by chance mean Warriorknight? I know he's a New York Bowser / Falcon smasher, looks like he Won loser's finals pools after losing to Coffeeblack

I plan on going to EVO next year (Vegas with friends in the same trip), hopefully represent for G&W by getting on stream if I'm lucky enough - since it seems Qerb never goes to EVO :( I'll probably get bodied.

Top Bottom