• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lubbock/Amarillo: Endangered species...

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Im sad about nolan... but whatever. We just need to make this one as big as we can get it!!! Tyson where you at!

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
I've been in San Angelo doing summer school. Accounting 2302 will be the death of me. One more week though!! I am going back home to Lubbock on the 5th of August!

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
Hey NomadicAce, are you just kinda getting back into brawl for fun?? Or are you pushing more to get better and excel in the game?

Also, come on guys, you can't let Oklahoma come down here and take all of our money. :(

Denti

Smash Master
AUGUST 5th-6th FORT WORTH IS HAVING ANOTHER EPIC DOUBLE TOURNAMENT EVENT!
YOU CANNOT MISS OUT ON THIS!

On Friday Night Revolution 4
And Saturday
Batou's Monthly 1

Revolution 4 will have Brawl, Melee, and Smash 64 tournaments.
BM1 will have Brawl singles, Doubles and will probably have some wasseda doubles.
[Batou also tells me there will be a secret drawing for everyone who enters!]

So your game plan is...
1. Come Friday night and enter Revolution 4.
2. House at my place, which is 2 min from the venue.
3. Ride with me or someone else Saturday to BM1!
4. Come back and house at my place again! Woooo!

Sincerely, The Fort Worth Crew

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Also, come on guys, you can't let Oklahoma come down here and take all of our money. :(
This is like the episode of Nappa and Vegeta (Type Ex & Chuck) pwning Krillin, Tien, Piccolo(Dakpo), Gohan and Chiao-tsu (the 806). And you (Goku) weren't here.

@Denti: Dude, that's the weekend of my graduation man. Can't make it... :(

NomadicAce

Smash Rookie
Tyson, I am mainly just playing for fun, and if I do well that is great, but not really of any importance.

This fall I should be hosting pretty regular smashfest in Lubbock (I will have around 4 tvs), meaning people in Lubbock need to start recruiting so all my tvs can be used up (possible dollar tourneys for fun at smashfest?).

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
Oh okay, that's never a bad mindset to have. I was just curious. I didn't know if you wanted any help in getting better and progressing. Because if so, i would have been more than happy to help.

@Alex, yeah sad day right?

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Tyson, I am mainly just playing for fun, and if I do well that is great, but not really of any importance.

This fall I should be hosting pretty regular smashfest in Lubbock (I will have around 4 tvs), meaning people in Lubbock need to start recruiting so all my tvs can be used up (possible dollar tourneys for fun at smashfest?).
We really have to host smashfests on campus again. That's exactly how we can gather up a decent sized crowd. Even if everyone there may not be as competitive as us, that's our chance to introduce them to the tournament scene and show them the ropes. If they like it and want to improve, that's precisely how our community will expand past the usual 4-5 players (us). If not, they can bite us.

NomadicAce

Smash Rookie
I would like to go to OK, but I have to be back in Lubbock by Sunday (the 21st) at 5PM. If that is possible then I do not see anything hindering me.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Actually, you might slip on a banana peel on your way over to the carpool van and suffer massive blood loss & quite possibly lose your one stock. :troll:

NomadicAce

Smash Rookie
I do not drive, like a maniac as one would in mario kart (where bananas actually do effect cars). And sounds good Dakota, just let me know what time and such you want me to show up in Amarillo.

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
Tyson! how long are you going to be in town?
Unless the YMCA makes me come back early ( which they shouldn't) then i believe on the 20th i will go back. I start school back up on the 21st. So basically 2 weeks

Make sure you call up Phil, Nolan & Ben (Nomad) if you all do anything. I'll be in San Antonio for the next two weeks.
I don't have any of their information, i should get on that.

NomadicAce

Smash Rookie
Tyson I am down for playing whenever, and yes that is my number.

I work nights till 9, but I am free during the day time and after 9.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
I will be swinging by lubbock around 8am tomorrow. My car broke down this past weekend and I had to leave it at an auto repair shop and travel back home with my family. But I am picking it up as soon as I get into town and then wait to pick up my check at work, so I'll have a gap in between 9-3pm if anyone is down to play.

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
Got the numbers, thanks. So would anyone want to play tonight?? Not sure where we would do it at. All of the T.V.s at my house are HD so that would be a hassle, plus i don't have any of my wii stuff with me anyways, not to mention i live out in Wolfforth.

But I would be down to play tonight if anyone wants too.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Nice playing you today Tyson. I hope you're not convinced that I can't play at a higher level than those friendlies at Ben's. Friendlies are meant to be fun. I am a different player in tournament and MMs however. I will not sandbag anymore either, hopefully.

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
Nice playing you today Tyson. I hope you're not convinced that I can't play at a higher level than those friendlies at Ben's. Friendlies are meant to be fun. I am a different player in tournament and MMs however. I will not sandbag anymore either, hopefully.
I've never used friendlies to determine how good someone is. You and Ben are no different. No worries there buddy! Friendlies are meant to be fun your right. Unless you're in super serious mode and go into the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. Then it's a whole new ball game.

I had fun with both of you as well, pleasure as always!

Dakpo

Smash Lord
FRIENDLIES ARE THE PINNACLE OF JUDGMENT OF HOW GOOD A PLAYER IS!!!... jk <3 tyson we never get to play!!! your soo close right now...yet soo far away.
So OKlahoma is going to be awesome. Someone needs to ask nolan if he wants to go with all of us.
So far its Me, Boom, Nomad, and Turdox

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
I've never used friendlies to determine how good someone is. You and Ben are no different. No worries there buddy! Friendlies are meant to be fun your right. Unless you're in super serious mode and go into the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. Then it's a whole new ball game.

I had fun with both of you as well, pleasure as always!
I'll do my best at Nikefest 4! Til next time time (Nov-Dec?) Tyson!

NomadicAce

Smash Rookie
Dakpo, sadly I cannot make it I have to go to some meeting for work. = (

I would much rather go to OK.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Hmm, thoughts for the next DMT? I'm thinking we should or could have it on Tech campus and make it as big as we can. It probably won't be as pricey b/c of gambling restrictions at school, but hey gas is supposed to go down now so any travelers won't be spending as much (Amarillo). Or Ben has also offered to host smashfests and such at his apartment. Maybe there?

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
Still need to advertise and promote your tournaments as much as possible. Otherwise you are going to continue to barely break 10 people entering.

Top Bottom