• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario is Paw-some! - MWC: East Event #1- March 6-7th, Winona Lake, IN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vayseth

Smash Master
I would love seein' some 2D games at these events on Friday. Friday should be just a "gaming" day in general, while Saturday will be strictly for brawl, so no set ups are drained and it can finish easily.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
well would state crews happen on friday or saturday?
would there be enough time for it on saturday? It could probably be fit in sometime between doubles and singles.

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
State crews would have to be Friday, sorry. I mean, it's possible to try to do after the tourney on Saturday, but Friday is the only way we can absolutely have them. I'm not going to hold singles back just for crews. That is, unless you guys want to get out of here at 4-5am and I take it most people don't if they have a long drive.

If it were Melee, it could probably be done no problem. Brawl just takes a long time.

Your choices are:

1. Have it on Friday

or

2. Try to squeeze it in after singles on Saturday if we don't run severely late.

That's the best we can do.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
I'm also going to take a guess that we need to leave by 7:30am again so we should do crews on Friday.

Also, since Vay brought up 2D games, I'll play some Tecmo Super Bowl and bring my NES if anyone is interested.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I'm bringing TvC fo' sho', and running a side tourney on Friday without a doubt. And if someone is willing to bring a PS3 then I'll bring my copy of SF4. But I assume if you have a PS3 then you'll probably already have the game when the time comes around. And I actually wouldn't mind running a free (or like $1) SF4 side tourney alongside TvC. The amazing thing about traditional 2D fighters is that their matches are fast. They can finish entire tourneys in 1-3 hours even with a good turnout. Running those 2 games together wouldn't take long at all.

Also, crews needs to be on Friday night. I mean, its usually all the big groups of people from the same place that show up on Fridays, which is prolly everyone who would enter consistently enter state crews, anyways.

EDIT: If MI has enough, we could totally have a two crews going. Also, we can easily say like 4-6 people per crew, and just adjust stocks accordingly if you don't have enough peoples.

This'll be good practice for GENESIS regional crews :D

Vayseth

Smash Master
I might not be able to go. My parents are lecturing me at an increasing rate about not having a job and somehow managing to go out and have fun all the time. I think they're going to limit the amount of tournaments I go to >.<

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
State crews would have to be Friday, sorry. I mean, it's possible to try to do after the tourney on Saturday, but Friday is the only way we can absolutely have them. I'm not going to hold singles back just for crews. That is, unless you guys want to get out of here at 4-5am and I take it most people don't if they have a long drive.

If it were Melee, it could probably be done no problem. Brawl just takes a long time.

Your choices are:

1. Have it on Friday

or

2. Try to squeeze it in after singles on Saturday if we don't run severely late.

That's the best we can do.
yeah, i assumed it would be on friday. Makes the most sense that way after all. I wasnt sure, since some people may not show up until late friday.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Also, since Vay brought up 2D games, I'll play some Tecmo Super Bowl and bring my NES if anyone is interested.
DOOOOOOOOOOO EEEEEEEEEEEEEET

I'll probably show up before most people again anyway. I hope the weather doesn't suck this time.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Hey guys, I'm officially not going to this any more! I have a busy schedule coming up and I don't think I'm going to be able to take that many weekends off! So, I hope I'll see you guys around but I can't make it!

1. Blood Hawk- See you next weekend =)
2. Kel- Have a sweet time in Japan! I'll be there before you leave, so we'll have to hang out.
3. MI- RAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPE
4. OS- Give'em hell.
5. WTP- Sorry I can't drive =(

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I'm officially not going to this any more! I have a busy schedule coming up and I don't think I'm going to be able to take that many weekends off! So, I hope I'll see you guys around but I can't make it!

1. Blood Hawk- See you next weekend =)
2. Kel- Have a sweet time in Japan! I'll be there before you leave, so we'll have to hang out.
3. MI- RAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPE
4. OS- Give'em hell.
5. WTP- Sorry I can't drive =(
aw vayseth.. that sucks. :(

Kel

Smash Master
Fun Fact, Kel and AZ are going to **** teams.

Also fun fact, Kel is going to pull a DSF by going to one tournament, winning and then being in the rankings all season long <3

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
TvC sounds fun, I'm probably gonna try it out this week, or next, I'm hackin' my Wii.

TvC side tournament, F.T.W. and that's all I have to say in the matter.

Oh, and also, my friend said something about bringing his HUGE TV, and a Wii. I'll try to verify this. (How the **** we're gonna move that thing is beyond me)

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
TvC sounds fun, I'm probably gonna try it out this week, or next, I'm hackin' my Wii.

TvC side tournament, F.T.W. and that's all I have to say in the matter.

Oh, and also, my friend said something about bringing his HUGE TV, and a Wii. I'll try to verify this. (How the **** we're gonna move that thing is beyond me)

Tell me a PS3 and SF:4 will be there...I need to tier ***** Sagat all over the place.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
why would anyone own a PS3? O_o

I might bring my 360 with SF4, haven't decided yet. If so, it would be for a side tournament friday night only.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
^ Well then great, let's do this shizzle.

HA, wasn't NO KOAST supposed to be a big event long before it was decided to be the first MW West circuit event? Forgot that was just this weekend too, time to meander over to the results thread... ! *zip*

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
put me and chewyy down for coming to this.

and if its alright with everyone I would like to record the important matches. aka finals

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
i'm sure a few people will bring recording stuff to this.. but this time i'll beat you if i face you ripple. ;)
i'll get my revenge. :p

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
yo how many on a state crew? illinois now has like 9-10 people coming

kirk, machinegunnorm, scythe, arty, quik, raid, ook, ripple, chewwy
possibly meneil
and dk is coming but i don't think he would be on the crew but i don't know.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····

Nope

Smash Lord
I think bloodhawk said there wasn't any internet available there but if there is live stream would be sweet!

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
why would anyone own a PS3? O_o

I might bring my 360 with SF4, haven't decided yet. If so, it would be for a side tournament friday night only.
Because my PS3 could eat your xbox, let out a small burp, and then continue to be the best gaming system in the world without dropping a frame.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Just FYI:

I have been incredibly busy with real world stuff and haven't been able to do as much as I'd like without making stupid sacrifices, but there are some rules you don't know yet. None of them are really important to you except this one:

If you go to a MWC event, anyone and everyone can record any of your matches at any time. No exceptions, no hiding your matches, no saying "I play worse when I'm recorded", nothing. Public domain, good for all.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
I think bloodhawk said there wasn't any internet available there but if there is live stream would be sweet!
Dastrn said somewhere ago that if we can get about 150 ft. of CAT-5 cables, then we can do internet = live streaming. Anyone interested in helping out, lol?

Panda, I could probably get us a couple of mics. Do we just need computer mics (like headsets) or AWESOME mics?

ham3r

Smash Rookie
Live streaming would be pwnage, a lot of my friends would want to see me fail.

Or not fail... because I rock.

Anyway, I'm bringing a setup, and coming, so please add me to the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom