• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario is Paw-some! - MWC: East Event #1- March 6-7th, Winona Lake, IN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Yeah, I'll be leaving after the tournament. It just sucks for anyone that wants to team with me because this will be the only event I attend. I'm gonna take first and stay in the top 10 DSF style!
I can team with you since I never have a solid partner anyway.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
also Kel... do you still need a teammate?
(wanna team?)
Nooo!

Ook, team with me!

Pleaseplease!

*thinks of a reason why ook should team with him*

Thank you google. Real helpful.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Nobody wants to partner with the random Mario main that nobody knows about eh?

That's okay, I wasn't planning on doing doubles anyway.

I think I'm a little too excited for this, and I've still got to wait a few weeks. The suspense is killing me.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
(which i know you will because you live like a block away.)
No joke, I'm lucky. Though I guess I'm not as lucky as that one guy who lives in the city that GENESIS is taking place :|

Freaking California.

Anyway, Asdiook Sucker Punch is going to dominate.

edit: anyone else jealous of the fact that other states (CA, FL, NY) can have giant tournies anytime they want, but for the Midwest to have a 64+ person tournament, people need to come from like 5+ states?

sigh

Sometimes I wonder what it'd be like if I still lived in Connecticut >_>

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Asidoh said:
edit: anyone else jealous of the fact that other states (CA, FL, NY) can have giant tournies anytime they want, but for the Midwest to have a 64+ person tournament, people need to come from like 5+ states
Yes.

But small tournaments are good too.

lou4222

Smash Lord
MW circuit event so you have an opportunity to build points, better competition, tons of fun MM, playing smash from friday afternoon until Saturday night, meeting new people, better exprience because there will be tons of different matchups and people you have never played before. I am sure there are more reasons, but I hope thats good enough. I have been wanting to play you forever, we better get some friendlies in at OUGA

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Bloodhawk, update the OP. Put me on the list of attendees, and the set up list (TV only)
Updated the OP. Let me know if I missed you or anything. I'm getting excited for this. :3

Set Ups: 7&1/2
Blood Hawk
TheBlueBlade
Hilt
XeroXen
Dark Kakashi
What's The Point
Kirk
OS (Wii)

(not Asdioh's TV)

LIST OF ATTENDEES:

Blood Hawk
TheBlueBlade
Mister Eric
Overswarm
Dark Kakashi
MHoltz
lou4222
Xisin
Hilt
Vayseth
XeroXen
What's The Point
Kel
Infern Angelis
Dr. X
Rowan
Kirk
Ook
Scythe
MachinegunNorm
(not Asdioh)

*Cr4sh?
*ithrowthings?

CONFIRMED COUNT = 20
POSSIBLES COUNT = 2
TOTAL POSSIBLE COUNT = 22
>_________________________>

Mr.E

Smash Lord
"$$$" being code for "hey sweet I have a partner early this time!" But if you're gonna bail on me for ook, Asdioh, whatever I guess. :( And sheesh I'm not even listed either, you guys sure are hosing me in every regard in this topic!

NEED THAT JIGGLY LOVIN' THINKAMAN

And umm, anyone else wanna team? ~_~

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
eye dew nawt understand seekrut kode. :[

But ook and I, we're like this. *does that thing with his fingers*

Mr.E

Smash Lord
I swear I'm not going at all this time if I don't have a partner, I'm tired of having to find someone random to play with at the last second and didn't get to participate at lain's at all. I'm sick of it.

So who the **** wants to ****ing team? :mad:

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Ironically, the only person I would hit on my way there is Asdioh since I go through Fort Wayne. Nobody else around here plays Brawl, there's nobody for me to bring and nobody else comes through here to my knowledge. At least driving solo means I can come and go as I please but no splitting cost of gas or switching off for longer trips.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
haha, but I'll be at home, which is right down the street from the venue.

You're making me feel guilty :[

I'd team with you, but I just have this feeling that ook and I will be omgwtf pwnage.

If you can't find a partner in a week or whenever, and ook would rather be with someone else (lol innuendo) then I'll team with you, I s'pose.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Ironically, the only person I would hit on my way there is Asdioh since I go through Fort Wayne. Nobody else around here plays Brawl, there's nobody for me to bring and nobody else comes through here to my knowledge. At least driving solo means I can come and go as I please but no splitting cost of gas or switching off for longer trips.
Verbal Irony- Words being said to mean the opposite of their literal meaning (Sarcasm. Nice going, Einstein)

Dramatic Irony- The audience knows something the characters do not (IT'S A TRAP!)

Situational Irony- Contrast between what is expected to happen and what actually happens. (Snake sets down his C4, run away, hits the detonator, then Snake explodes and the C4 goes to the victory screen)

You not having any smashers around to pick up would be an unlucky coincidence rather than irony, as it does not fit the above three definitions of irony.

Maybe if you lived in Smashers, Ohio at the apartment complex "Wii Play Brawl" and everyone in your building played smash all day it could be situational irony... but that's 'bout it.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Situational Irony- Contrast between what is expected to happen and what actually happens. (Snake sets down his C4, run away, hits the detonator, then Snake explodes and the C4 goes to the victory screen)
What was expected to happen: I was going to be his doubles partner, and at the same time, I was the only one who was on the way for his drive.

What actually happened: Snake set down his C4, ran away, hit the detonator, then Snake exploded and the C4 went to the victory screen.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
He wasn't expecting you to team, just SOMEONE. It isn't ironic at all that he has no one to pick up to team with if he doesn't have anyone around him to team with.

awesome spikes said:
just wanna swing on by this thread to say that I too am bothered when irony is butchered
*high five*

Mr.E

Smash Lord
The irony is that the only player I could possibly bring along with me, or pick up on the way here, is the guy who just dumped me to play with someone else. Maybe that still isn't technically "irony" (like I care) but don't misunderstand what I said. (Nevermind that he's going to be at home by the time this rolls around, close enough to the venue anybody could go get him.)

And good, because that was my intention, Asdioh. :p You deserve at least that much. But I'm not going to bully you into turning your back on ook now either. If you're committed, then you're committed.

Still serious about not attending if I don't have a partner in advance. I said that last time and didn't follow through after Bowyer turned me down for MWCC; I mean it this time. It's not like it'll hurt my circuit standing anyway, I'll just save myself the money and the weekend. So... Anyone? Anyone?

Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

EDIT: I'm obviously not expecting for someone else to come up in here immediately and take me up on my offer. There's still a couple weeks to wait for someone...

DOUBLE EDIT: I forgot Steeler bailed on me too. We know each other from outside SWF. He gave me character johns and then went and teamed with Legan anyway. I guess ROB is too high tier to team with PKMN TRNR. :(

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
And good, because that was my intention, Asdioh. :p You deserve at least that much. But I'm not going to bully you into turning your back on ook now either. If you're committed, then you're committed.
$$$

10you'llgetnosympathyfromme's
For the record, I had no idea what the hell that meant :( sorry.

I'm just not gangsta enough.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Yes, I'd like to complain about the SBR being extremely slow to release this new "ruleset."

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I lol at every post you write.

Too bad I don't live in warsaw anymore. We'd be homies for sure.
Then you would love the Toon Link social group.

It's like, the main reason I come to this site.

And I don't even main Toon Link.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Alright, I am looking for a partner.

HOWEVER, just as a warning, I am not the best player, but I can pull my weight in a match.

Kel

Smash Master
Isn't sarcasm actually supposed to be mean though? I thought that was the only difference between sarcasm and verbal irony.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
How come nobody from MI other than Vayseth and WTP is on the attendees list? Come now Hawk, you know us better than that. For now I can say that me, Anther, Lain, NoJ, and Omniswell will probably attend. Maybes would be Judge, Epic, and Toph, I think. Thats probably a fair estimate of what to expect from us.

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
How come nobody from MI is on the attendees list? Come now Hawk, you know us better than that. For now I can say that me, Anther, Lain, NoJ, and Omniswell will probably attend. Maybes would be Judge, Epic, WTP, Vayseth, and Toph, I think. Thats probably a fair estimate of what to expect from us.
Well, I know that a lot are attending. Which is why I asked Vayseth to PM who was all coming as well as whatever set ups were going to be available. I was just waiting on that. I didn't mean to offend anyone or anything. Just trying to keep things accurate as possible. x3;

I'll update the OP. Thank you much Panda.

I'm also going to keep asking you. Teamsies for Genesis? :3

lou4222

Smash Lord
We should have state crew battles. I dont know what a good number would be. 8 people maybe. Ohi, Michigan, Kentucky, Indiana, would all definitely have enough and Illinois might get there. That would be epic. I guess the only issue would be with time, but if we can get it in I think we should definitely give it a shot.

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
If any type of crew battle happens, it would have to be on Friday. If we get enough interest, we can totally do it.

We can do 5 man crews, state crews, both, IDC. Whatever you guys want to do, I'm for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom